Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
Xandria change lead singers
    cowboy71
    Commander

Xandria change lead singers

by cowboy71 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:22 am

From their facebook:

Hello everyone!
    Probably to a big surprise for everyone in here, we are announcing Dianne van Giersbergen to be our new lead singer! Dianne, 28 years old and from the Netherlands, might be known to many from her Dutch band Ex Libris.

At the same time, Dianne's arrival means the departure of Manuela Kraller, who regrettably decided to continue a different musical path. Certainly, that was a big shock to all of us hearing Manu say she wanted to try other things. With major regrets we had to let her go. Not an easy task to deal with, whilst the goal was untouchable: To continue the musical journey we had taken with "Neverworld's End". But: We are very happy to have found THE new voice and face in Xandria who will continue this fantastic ride, our last album "Neverworld's End" had taken us to. And we are yet to sail way, way further with Dianne now!

Manuela thanks all fans and us in a personal statement:
    "After three years with the boys in Xandria, I decided to follow a different path and go my own musical way. " Manuela leaves with regret but also full of gratitude, thanking XANDRIA and fans for the time together and being grateful for the "wonderful moments in mutual tours and shows". She is "wishing Dianne and band all the very best for the future!".

Last weekend's shows in Leipzig, Germany and in Pratteln (Switzerland) at the "Masters of Symphonic Metal" Festival have been the last concerts for Manu performing together with XANDRIA.
    We will certainly miss Manuela! We are also thankful for the magical time we shared and wish her all the best for the future!

BUT: The show must go on and it sure will! We promise, what began with "Neverworld's End" was just a start and is yet to be taken to a higher level! Dianne will debut on stage with Xandria during our Spain tour in November. We hope you all will be with us! The Dream is still alive!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Xandria change lead singers

by Memnoch » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:29 am

I think this is more of a good news to me. I like Xandria's earlier albums with Lisa, but the latest with Manuela was trying too much to sound like Tarja-era Nightwish. So, hopefully they'll start sounding like themselves again.

And if the new singer Dianne happens to be reading this: I think you would sound a lot better with red hair. You know, just saying. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:42 am

Uh.. it was not too bad at all.. when I was reading the title statrting with "Xandria.." I thougt It was gonna say Xandria cancelled 70k 2014..

well and talking about the vocalist I really liked neverworld`s one even if she sounds too Tarja, that`s a really good album (for my the best of Xandria by far) .. not only for the voclas but for the music and lyrics.. well lets see how sounds now
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Memnoch wrote:And if the new singer Dianne happens to be reading this: I think you would sound a lot better with red hair. You know, just saying. :lol:

Hahaha, I fully agree.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:31 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:And if the new singer Dianne happens to be reading this: I think you would sound a lot better with red hair. You know, just saying. :lol:

Hahaha, I fully agree.

Yes and no! Hic Rhodos hic salta (Latin)! Perform and you get a realistic feedback.
    :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    Pyramus
    Crewman

by Pyramus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:38 pm

The previous vocalist has a voice that sounds like Tarja... okay. Still their latest album was great. Tarja-era Nightwish was great too. "You sound too much like something that's fucking awesome" seems to be your complaint? Really? Lol... you guys crack me up sometimes.
    2013 Survivor, 2014 booked.
    Apocalyptica - Tristania - Nemesea - Dark Tranquillity - Lacuna Coil - Arch Enemy
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:45 pm

There are a couple of free songs on her other band's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/exlibrismusic?fref=ts

I quite like her voice.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:38 am

I'm not much of a fan of Tarja's voice, so, no, I wasn't complaining on someone copying something awesome. And to me they changed their sound too much on the latest album.
    You really rather listen to someone mimicking your favourite singer instead of the real deal? You, Sir, crack me up.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Pyramus
    Crewman

by Pyramus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:22 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm not much of a fan of Tarja's voice, so, no, I wasn't complaining on someone copying something awesome. And to me they changed their sound too much on the latest album.
    You really rather listen to someone mimicking your favourite singer instead of the real deal? You, Sir, crack me up.

Our difference of opinion is that you consider it "Copying" while I consider it "Influencing". You're right, if I thought it was a copy I wouldn't like it but it seems different enough to me.

It's like if Nightwish was a bag of Oreos, if you crush them up and put them in Ice Cream, it's awesome. But if you make generic grocery store brand Oreos that taste off, then it's not good at all. Enhancing = Good; Copying = Bad.
    2013 Survivor, 2014 booked.
    Apocalyptica - Tristania - Nemesea - Dark Tranquillity - Lacuna Coil - Arch Enemy
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:04 am

They both suck but if I had to listen to either it would be Tarja.
    Happy nappy time for me either way
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:11 pm

This sucks ass from a straw. I have waited to see Xandria live with here ever since I heard that fantastic record. However I hope the new darling will do just as fine.
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Is there any announced band that are not cancelling or changing anything?

WTF is next? Symphony X without Allen?
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:57 am

SatansWrath wrote:This sucks ass from a straw. I have waited to see Xandria live with here ever since I heard that fantastic record.

I saw them live in November 2012 - and left the Building after 3 Songs, waiting for Kamelot. music was good - bad singing....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXgu0YQE0Vw
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1