Post Reply 4097 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

Re: 26 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by Ecliptica » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 am

tyrwoman wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:So you don't think you're as good looking as Heri? :lol: - take heart - I ain't no Simone Simons, either! :roll: :P :lol:

Man, I sound so gay posting all this stuff, but I really think he's one of the best looking people I've ever seen. I know I'm going to regret clicking 'submit', but whatever, I speak my mind :P

Simone needs some other female band members on this cruise. Or Kamelot (WINK WINK). I fear for her safety. :lol: :lol:

I'm totally content right now. I can't even think of any other bands that could be announced that could make me super, super excited less Kamelot or Turisas (or Dragonland, but I don't think they even play live shows anymore. . .or ever). Everything after this Tyr announcement is just going to be icing on the cake.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:08 pm

GAMMA RAY!!!!!

HOLY FUCK!!! What a way to start the weekend for me! What a brilliant announcement!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Is this a double announcement?

News from one of our scouting parties in Germany: They made their way up North. When they passed through the city of Hanover, a young female fronted band by the name of CRIPPER caught their attention. They proceeded further north to the city of Hamburg where they got almost hit by a deadly ray: GAMMA RAY

Never heard of Cripper.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Set
    Crewman

by Set » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:11 pm

GAMMA RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shred: Holy fucking shit! Now 2 of my top 5 bands are on board!! This keeps getting better & better!
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 28 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:24 pm

WOOO HOOOOO two in one dayyy!!! OHHH mY MY !!!!!!!! :cheers: :beerwink: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Cripper is pretty good just checked them out, didnt expect a small band like them on the cruise though, Not into Gamma Ray so hopefully when they play my other favs are playing but they still need more female fronted bands and more death/black metal, dimmu, enslaved, cradle of filth, immortal, impaled nazarene, etc...
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm a little disappointed that the female fronted band is a thrash band that I've never heard of (not a fan of thrash and there is already a lot of that genre on here). I was really hoping for more symphonic or gothic female fronted bands :( But at least my boyfriend will be super excited for Gamma Ray.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 pm

THRASH TIL DEATH!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS :headbanger: :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Man, im stoked for the following bands. My wife and I are going to love this

Agent Steel
    Amon Amarth
    Finntroll
    Ensiferum
    Korpiklanni
    Gamma Ray
    Marduk
    Iced Earth
    Tyr

wow i cant wait to see who else is comming...
    and to start drinking!
    well...
    I might as well start now ! :party:
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
    Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:56 pm

The only female fronted band worth listening to is Doro. Worth seeing is another thing... ;)
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Gamma Ray, a MOST EXCELLENT announcement indeed! Just gave Cripper a try on youtube, not bad, should be interesting. Growly vocals, Kevin will be so excited...

oh, but GAMMA RAY, more than makes up for the loss of Strato!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Now a little PRIMAL FEAR will definatley sweeten the pot! :headbanger:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Thank you for Gamma Ray!

You're killing me with happiness. :death:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:32 pm

WIFE is even more stoked by Gamma Ray than I am!! But she's a *tiny* bit pissed at me for telling her as soon as she woke up - she would have liked the surprise of finding out by herself :)

Oh well - if Kamelot or Within Temptation or Blind Guardian get added I'll try not to blab :p

Cripper sound pretty cool - I guess a few up and coming bands on the boat is no bad thing. Give a bit of down time for drinking, gambling and checking out the ship!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Set
    Crewman

by Set » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:35 pm

debborah1 wrote:Now a little PRIMAL FEAR will definatley sweeten the pot! :headbanger:

Hell yeah :headbanger: I love me some Primal Fear. Their newest album is amazing!
  • karlsberg
    Oiler

by karlsberg » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Cripper sounds pretty good actually. Gamma Ray is kick ass! For the remainder I'd like to see maybe Arch Enemy, Darkthrone, Candlemass (who i was turned onto by this forum), Motorhead, Steel Panther, Clutch, Sacrifice, Battlesoul (opened for Tyr in Jersey), Paul Dianno (if Maiden is out of the question), Entombed, and SLAYER!!!!

Oh, and btw, Tyr was effin phenomenal in New Jersey last weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :givebeer:
    Metal Heart
    Crewman

by Metal Heart » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:41 pm

I am so fn stoked for gamma ray its reddickulous. (whats the deal with slippin in a more random cripper in there though) this line up is so epic alreay gamma ray puts it over the top!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:46 pm

CRIPPER?............i GUESS WE ALL HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND GET DRINKS AT SOME POINT....... :party:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:53 pm

debborah1 wrote:CRIPPER?............i GUESS WE ALL HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND GET DRINKS AT SOME POINT....... :party:

Try them out on youtube, not bad actually... here's the first one I listened to, starts a little weak but gets better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYtqACcJQ5A
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm excited about Gamma Ray even don't though I don't know them very well. They are yet another band I've been meaning to check out more for a while now....so, now I definitely will before the cruise! :headbanger:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:CRIPPER?............i GUESS WE ALL HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND GET DRINKS AT SOME POINT....... :party:

Try them out on youtube, not bad actually... here's the first one I listened to, starts a little weak but gets better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYtqACcJQ5A

Thanx Craig :cheers: :beerwink: ! I'll givem a listen!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:10 pm

tyrwoman wrote:I'm excited about Gamma Ray even don't though I don't know them very well. They are yet another band I've been meaning to check out more for a while now....so, now I definitely will before the cruise! :headbanger:

Gamma Ray is just a exploding ball of fun to watch live. We caught them with Helloween on the last tour. What a great show! Can't wait to see them on the boat!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:I'm excited about Gamma Ray even don't though I don't know them very well. They are yet another band I've been meaning to check out more for a while now....so, now I definitely will before the cruise! :headbanger:

Gamma Ray is just a exploding ball of fun to watch live. We caught them with Helloween on the last tour. What a great show! Can't wait to see them on the boat!

Awesome to hear. Okay, folks, is this cruise getting cooler and more amazingly fun sounding by the minute, or what? Aaaack - I don't know if I can wait till January. And there are still lots more bands to be announced :cool: :shred:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Hell Yeah , I have never seen Gamma Ray. Unfortunately they never tour the USA. Like some of these other great bands on this bill. Definitely a great addition. Man I can't wait.
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:06 pm

TexasMetalhead wrote:Hell Yeah , I have never seen Gamma Ray. Unfortunately they never tour the USA. Like some of these other great bands on this bill. Definitely a great addition. Man I can't wait.

Oh they come to the US,

http://gammaray.org/index.php/news/205-2010-07-31-news.html

just not Texas :lol: :lol: :lol:

we get to see 'em in Los Angeles just 4 days after returning from the cruise!!!!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Cripper does'nt sound too bad. May have to check out at least one of their shows.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:12 pm

onenight wrote:Cripper does'nt sound too bad. May have to check out at least one of their shows.

Yeah, I thought the same, and I am no fan of growly vocals, esp. female ones... But musically they kick some ass (from what I have listened to so far)

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    TexasMetalhead wrote:Hell Yeah , I have never seen Gamma Ray. Unfortunately they never tour the USA. Like some of these other great bands on this bill. Definitely a great addition. Man I can't wait.

Oh they come to the US,

http://gammaray.org/index.php/news/205-2010-07-31-news.html

just not Texas :lol: :lol: :lol:

we get to see 'em in Los Angeles just 4 days after returning from the cruise!!!!

Your right, I remember back in the day I always wanted to see VENOM. Living in Texas they never came down here but they would hit LA and NY and a couple of other places around there but never a real tour( Just a few dates). It is still that way, We miss out on alot of great bands because their label doesnt support. Gamma Ray is playing LA, NY and Chicago I see. Just really cool they are going to be on the boat.
    2015 DECK 7
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:19 pm

What part of TX you in? I lived south of Houston for 11 years (school years), pretty much hated it...

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    BlackToothGrin
    Crewman

by BlackToothGrin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:20 pm

It's good see that there's some others on here that are digging Cripper. I don't see why some people are so disappointed just because they've never heard of them... try giving them a listen first.
    I'm really liking their tunes. I mean how often is it that you come by a solid thrash band that's female fronted? It's kind of refreshing.... (the whole female fronted symphonic metal thing is getting a bit redundant in my opinion).

I will be checking them out on board for sure.

:metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:
  • TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Fort Worth, I love it but the summer can be brutal with the heat. Pretty much have to stay indoors in the ac for 2 or 3 months out of the year. You live in LA or somewhere close?
    2015 DECK 7
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:27 pm

TexasMetalhead wrote:Fort Worth, I love it but the summer can be brutal with the heat. Pretty much have to stay indoors in the ac for 2 or 3 months out of the year. You live in LA or somewhere close?

We live in Bakersfield, 105 Miles N. of LA. Notoriously the home of Korn... oh, and Buck Owens :lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty boring town but we are central to everything great about CA. WE LOVE CA MAN! :heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    TexasMetalhead wrote:Fort Worth, I love it but the summer can be brutal with the heat. Pretty much have to stay indoors in the ac for 2 or 3 months out of the year. You live in LA or somewhere close?

We live in Bakersfield, 105 Miles N. of LA. Notoriously the home of Korn... oh, and Buck Owens :lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty boring town but we are central to everything great about CA. WE LOVE CA MAN! :heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink:

Cali is cool, we will have to drink a few in January. :heavydrink: Buck Owens rules!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: HeeHaw. Ft Worth is alittle more laid back than Dallas, we are kindof in the middle of everything here as well. Going to see some Metal in the Ft Worth stockyards tonight, across from Billy Bobs. :shred:
    2015 DECK 7
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:43 pm

Gamma Ray Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Great addition guys Keep them coming :death: :viking: :shred: :metalguy:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:31 pm

GAMMA RAY!! HELL YEAH!

I checked out Cripper and the first song I checked out "Wake Up Dead" had some pretty sick riffing to it.
    I don't like the female vocalist so much, but the music is pretty good.
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Cripper kicks ass they will be an opening band and if they have merch ill buy a shirt and even buy the band a drink
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:49 pm

sar01061969 wrote:Cripper kicks ass they will be an opening band and if they have merch ill buy a shirt and even buy the band a drink

They do kick ass. Just checked em out here

http://www.myspace.com/cripperthrash

She gives Sabina Claussen (Holy Moses) a run for the vocal money.

Great additions!

I will take Gamme Ray over Strato ...
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 pm

yes Gamma Ray ......... and I'll go for some Primal Fear also.

Then some Motorhead already LOL :shred: :viking: :beerhorns:
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Gamma Ray. Band number 8 for me, out of 28. No time for beer soon.
  • Post Reply 4097 posts