Post Reply 4260 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 30 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:19 pm

EXALTED PILEDRIVER ANYONE??? I know theyre still playing - would love to see the metal inquisition in action!
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:I've heard a lot of votes for Opeth, Immortal, and Cannibal Corpse!!! Let's hope someone in Vancouver is listening!

I changed my avatar to the Immortal logo as my own personal good luck charm - hope it works :P

I just hope Debb and Sheila are still rubbing Rob's belly while chanting IIIIIMMMMMM.....OOOOORRRR......TTTTAAAALLLLLL. :beerhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:35 pm

hey Metal f..ing Headz whazzzz up with **SUICIDAL ANGELS** !!!!

I think they are the next generation of SLAYER !
    U must hear the guitar riff`s !!!

These Greek`s are f...ing awesome !!!!!

Let`s go and built a Pit in first row. :shred:
    *We would like to make a clone out of Tom Araya`s hair, Ronny James Dio`s bone and Mikael Akerfeldt`s spit ! So we `ll got the voice of Walhalla !
    That`s possible on Deck 3 ! Cabin #3525
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 pm

DrAmygdala wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:I still have 'faith' that there will be a band "related" to Epica announced though I think ever since that announcement I just tricked myself into believing that'd be true.

I'm really hoping for this too! Epica can't be the only symphonic band on this ship. Or when you say "related" do you mean ReVamp? I'd be up for that too!

Oh, no, I meant related by marriage. As in Kamelot's keyboardist and Simone Simons :cool:

Definitely would not be surprised if the 40th band announced is Kamelot. They're from Florida, the cruise has to leave from Florida, and whoever is behind the idea of the virtual-cruise-ship-sailing-around-to-pick-up-the-bands would probably love that idea.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Definitely would not be surprised if the 40th band announced is Kamelot. They're from Florida, the cruise has to leave from Florida, and whoever is behind the idea of the virtual-cruise-ship-sailing-around-to-pick-up-the-bands would probably love that idea.

If you're right about #40 being from Florida, my prediction is Morbid Angel
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:10 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:Definitely would not be surprised if the 40th band announced is Kamelot. They're from Florida, the cruise has to leave from Florida, and whoever is behind the idea of the virtual-cruise-ship-sailing-around-to-pick-up-the-bands would probably love that idea.

CANNIBAL CORPSE!!!
    I made the Devil do it.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 am

#39. Morbid Angel AND #40. Cannibal Corpse!!!!!! :deathmetal:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:#39. Morbid Angel AND #40. Cannibal Corpse!!!!!! :deathmetal:

For $500 Alex, I'll take: "What is badass?"
    I made the Devil do it.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 am

Too good to be true? :shock:
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:59 am

:death: TRIPTYKON , the Tom Warrior Projekt !
    :death:
    *We would like to make a clone out of Tom Araya`s hair, Ronny James Dio`s bone and Mikael Akerfeldt`s spit ! So we `ll got the voice of Walhalla !
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 am

Just read that High On Fire is touring with Fear Factory through December. Maybe they can also tour with Fear Factory in late January?
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:33 am

i'm pretty convinced that kamelot will be added to the card
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:05 am

D.U.I. wrote::death: TRIPTYKON , the Tom Warrior Projekt !

"As you perish, I shall live!" :death:
    Triptykon would be so badass... them or Dark Fortress would make my trip! :death:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    D.U.I. wrote::death: TRIPTYKON , the Tom Warrior Projekt !

"As you perish, I shall live!" :death:
    Triptykon would be so badass... them or Dark Fortress would make my trip! :death:

:death: I'm seeing Triptykon and 1349 here on October 16 :beerwink:
    http://bottomlounge.com/shows/triptykon ... 349-yakuza
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Bolt_Thrower wrote:Just read that High On Fire is touring with Fear Factory through December. Maybe they can also tour with Fear Factory in late January?

Seems many here are not fans of HOF but this announcement would make my day! They'd definitely be in the upper half of my list of must-sees :headbanger:

onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 pm

CANNIBAL FUCKING CORPSE!!!!!!!!!! :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:53 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I was told NO months ago, but then again this is when Pete was having back problems (but not disclosed to the public). Now that Tim Yueng has joined them for the time being & recording of the new album, maybe those plans have changed. Mr. Yueng is also a member of Divine Hersey (Dino from Fear Factory's band).

Maybe both of them would be included? I like FF, DH doesn't do anything for me (FF "lite") but I'll gladly take them if that means we get to see Dave Vincent strut around in tight plastic shirts with pentagrams on them :lol: :lol: :lol:

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

Re: 28 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by zummazumma » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:50 pm

starlight wrote:
    Metal Heart wrote:looking at some of the prior posts i was gunna write a thesis on why swashbuckle sucks (my opinion, seen them a few times) then I got to thinking about just how stoked I am on the line up as a whole. Sure there are a few bands that aren't my thing but only a few out of 28. And in a way im grateful it means ill get to see some of my favorite bands twice!!! that is epic! and I am sure others have similar opinions of some of the bands I like (i don't see why). Im four months away from a bill and tedian proportions fn sweet...

If they are sailing back to the pacific northwest than might I suggest NEVERMORE!!!

Wow! I vote for Nevermore. I saw them this summer and for me they where the second-best band (next to Accept) of the whole festival :shred:

PS: the long-haired headbanging icon isn't fitting for me anymore, as I left (voluntarily) 40 cm / 16 "of hair at the hair-dresser. So it's rath: :headbanger:

yall are good guessers
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 pm

KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I was told NO months ago, but then again this is when Pete was having back problems (but not disclosed to the public). Now that Tim Yueng has joined them for the time being & recording of the new album, maybe those plans have changed. Mr. Yueng is also a member of Divine Hersey (Dino from Fear Factory's band).

Maybe both of them would be included? I like FF, DH doesn't do anything for me (FF "lite") but I'll gladly take them if that means we get to see Dave Vincent strut around in tight plastic shirts with pentagrams on them :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm probally one of the few fans that really prefers MA w/ Steve Tucker...
    I made the Devil do it.
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:03 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

That would be great !! Be fun to hangout with Dave again, been many years.
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:54 am

this sounds like a new thread
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:30 am

starlight wrote:
    last_candle wrote:i'm pretty convinced that kamelot will be added to the card

So I hope your Kamelot-conviction is as strong as my Blind-Guardian-conviction :lol:
    EDIT: But I think it would be Edguy OR Kamelot. Both seems unlikely to me.

i've seen guardian and edguy countless times...an yet they'd be right behind sanctuary on my priority list
    trying to say that i prefer both bands over kamelot - kamelot just seemed to fit in geographicaly
    thinking of it: edguy would be the best addition(*) since they seem to be fun hanging out with (we once shared a hotel with some of the guys)
    * assuming that axxis is not an option ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 am

EDGUY is the one announcement I want most.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:58 am

Well I know yet another band some of you can cross off the list of possibilities: Accept

They just posted the dates for their Euro tour and it defintely takes them out of the running.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:08 am

vainglory wrote:EDGUY is the one announcement I want most.

My one memory of Edguy, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, etc. (those types) was a website I did reviews for sent me a whole slew of CD's from these bands. The website went under, so I promptly tossed them all in the garbage. I didn't even have the desire to bother trading them in :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:53 am

Captain Metal wrote:Well I know yet another band some of you can cross off the list of possibilities: Accept

They just posted the dates for their Euro tour and it defintely takes them out of the running.

Damn it! :evil:

onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Well I know yet another band some of you can cross off the list of possibilities: Accept

I was hoping they would be one of the next bands. Have'nt seen them since '84. They are coming to Chicago in Oct but don't think I'll be able to make it.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:45 pm

onenight wrote:

I was hoping they would be one of the next bands. Have'nt seen them since '84. They are coming to Chicago in Oct but don't think I'll be able to make it.

Work schedule permitting Im gonna do the Accept St Charles (Chicago Burb) show Oct 9th.
    D.U.I.
    Crewman

by D.U.I. » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:51 pm

I#d rather like to see some :mrgreen: JUMP METAL :mrgreen:

SOULFLY or EKTOMORF could be a good choice ! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

I saw both this year in WACKEN :headbanger: :headbanger:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Soulfly was dull at Metalcamp after the first two songs that sounded identical.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Kamelot, Edguy or Morbid Angel sound like fine choices to me!
    And come on...us ladies love Khan.
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Jump Metal? Are you serious with that? ...Jump..."Metal"?

Based on the lineup so far, I think you're gonna be shit outta luck in that regard...luckily for the rest of us.

That very term both horrified and nauseated me all at once.

I await Metal Wrath's comments on this one. Should be a doozy. :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Personally, I thought to myself "leave the hall."
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:53 am

Is Roy doing better now? They have been extremely hush hush over what was wrong with him.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:11 am

grimmy82 wrote:Personally, I thought to myself "leave the hall."

:mrgreen:

Monmisreal wrote:

Is Roy doing better now? They have been extremely hush hush over what was wrong with him.

i don't know - haven't heard any news
    ...maybe they're even better with the replacement ;)
    with khan you never know what you get: one time he's doing great and on another show he's voice is terrible
    wishlist '20:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am

Captain Metal wrote:Jump Metal? Are you serious with that? ...Jump..."Metal"?

Based on the lineup so far, I think you're gonna be shit outta luck in that regard...luckily for the rest of us.

lol......concur!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:40 am

debborah1 wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Jump Metal? Are you serious with that? ...Jump..."Metal"?

lol......concur!

what in the hell is "Jump" metal ?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 am

Based on the bands mentioned, I would assume it's the type of band where one or more of the members are sporting dreadlocks and/or cornrows.

Also, the "jump" part would refer to the band members and numerous audience members bouncing up and down like a pogo stick. However, there is nothing Metal about any of this. Hip Hop-like antics such as this, I can do without. I blame House Of Pain for this.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am

Captain Metal wrote:Based on the bands mentioned, I would assume it's the type of band where one or more of the members are sporting dreadlocks and/or cornrows.

Also, the "jump" part would refer to the band members and numerous audience members bouncing up and down like a pogo stick. However, there is nothing Metal about any of this. Hip Hop-like antics such as this, I can do without. I blame House Of Pain for this.

Oh, by jump metal you mean crap, I see, thanks for the clear up
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

Re: "jumping"
    I saw Orphaned Land in March here in Chicago and again in August at Wacken. There's a particular song they do (name escapes me at the moment) where lead singer Kobi Farhi gets everyone jumping and it's great FUN, let me tell you. :D Maybe I got into it so much cause of my former "Blitzkrieg Bop" days ;)

@ D.U.I. I missed Ektomorf sadly and only caught a bit of Soulfly (since I decided to take a much needed sit-down and drink a beer break between Immortal and Tiamat. :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
Post Reply 4260 posts