Post Reply 4097 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

Re: 13 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by kaluviva » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm

There are so many bands that I haven't listened to their music yet. I just started with Finntroll and they kick ass!!! Although there are a couple of bands that I'm dying to see perform already, I wouldn't mind if Kamelot and Mago de Oz are in the line up :D
  • adamdaugherty
    Wiper

by adamdaugherty » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:27 pm

this is already going to be the most amazing thing ever with these 13! but another 27 bands....i cant wait to see how this unfolds!
  • adamdaugherty
    Wiper

by adamdaugherty » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:28 pm

and drunken adam requests some FUCKING HEAVEN SHALL BURN on this motherfucker!
  • ImmanuelCunt666
    Wiper

by ImmanuelCunt666 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:01 am

Evil Dan wrote:for those who don´t know Hatred, have a listen highly recomendet Thrash:
    http://www.myspace.com/hatredmoshcrew

yeah, i saw them at Dubai Desert Rock Festival last year......awesome thrash!!! :shred: :shred: :shred:

here´s a video of Hatred thrashing in Dubai:

http://www.youtube.com/hatredmoshcrew

Book them for 70.000 TOM.......and maybe they can fly together with Tankard ;) ;)

I also would love to see some more real metal underground stuff like Cauldron or Enforcer....-
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:49 pm

The Facebook page was updated last night stating "Cruising up North along the American East Coast".

So it looks like there won't be any more FL bands announced (at least not at this time).
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:33 am

Probably neither are favourites of folks here but two I'd like to see added would be Armored Saint in support of the new album La Raza and then something recent involving Gene Hoglan such as Zimmer's Hole or his newest project, Mechanism.

Throw in some Suicidal Tendencies just to cast off any last crumbs of uncertainty for me :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:20 am

That would be an incorrect assumption, at least on my part. I would totally be into seeing Armored Saint be part of this, and Zimmer's Hole is on my list (as posted elsewhere on this forum). Mechanism would also be cool, but I'm not sure that's very likely. As for Suicidal, well if they stuck to primarily older material, then I would dig that too (I've seen them a few times in the past).
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Hail of Bullets and Gorefest would be a very nice double dose for me.

Nothing will top MY DYING BRIDE for me though. Have never seen then before.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Cruising up the east coast... Hmmm well what about some more death metal? Suffocation? maybe some Deceased! Or how about Dream Theater? Anthrax? Overkill? :shred: Where are Symphony X from? I saw them with Jag Panzer years ago with Iced Earth. Seen Jag Panzer 4 times and they put on a great show. maybe its them? Or Fates Warning????? Riot? I am trying to guess a band here, throw me a frickin bone, ok? :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:33 am

Suffocation, Immolation, Dream Theater and Anthrax are from New York, Deceased is from Virginia, Overkill and Symphony X are from New Jersey and Fates Boring are from Connecticut. This about sums up some East Coast bands mentioned.

Jag Panzer are based out of Colorado, so that one is unlikely (although I would like to see them again)

It could be any of these or none. Soon enough, we shall know
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 am

Est Coast could mean anything I guess: Mastodon, Nile, Arsis, Dying Fetus would all come before any of the NY/NJ bands. I'd only be interested in Mastodon out of those though.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 am

I'm rooting for Overkill.

I feel an announcement coming soon!
    Then again, maybe that feeling is just gas. :shock:

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
  • gomorth
    Oiler

by gomorth » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi there, Im looking forward so bad to attend to the 70000, there is a lot of expectation from me and my girlfriend.

here are some bands we would like to see:

Slayer
    Dream Theater
    Possessed
    Destruction
    Kreator
    Tankard
    Municipal Waste
    Motorhead
    Judas Priest
    Cannibal Corpse
    Deicide
    Morbid Angel
    Vital Remains
    Venom
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Helloween
    Gamma Ray
    Archenemy
    Dragonforce

and so many others... I hope you could bring some of them, but so far you are extremely great, we are so so excited

Greetings and my best regards to all Metalheads around the world that will live the 70000

Mario Salinas aka Lord Gomorth
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm stoked about Sonata in the lineup. Saw them recently here (with Ensiferum and Vanishing Point) and they were fantastic.

And I've been hanging out for years for Epica to come to Australia. Trouble will be great from a nostalgia perspective, and Stratovarius will be cool.

Bands that are on my wishlist that I've never managed to see live would be:

Kamelot
    Edguy
    Delain
    Within Temptation
    Van Canto

Bands I've seen before but would love to see again on 70000 tons:

Helloween
    Gamma Ray
    Dark Tranquillity
    Nightwish
    Leaves' Eyes
    Lacuna Coil
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 am

Ihsahn would be fkn awesome to have onboard hey
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:59 am

Iced Earth, Grave Digger, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, In Flames, Arch Enemy and Rage would be nice as well ;-) ...And many many more... :shred:
    I can see clearly now, a painful vision indeed
    An attack on hallowed ground, from high above
    Alien to us, the species known as man
  • Kingu
    Wiper

by Kingu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Add a bit of variety:
    Therion
    Dark Moor
    Alestorm
    Metalium
    Nightwish
    Mago de Oz
    Slayer
    In Flames
    Leave's Eyes
    Metallica (why not haha)
    And some more. :headbanger:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 am

As the ship sails north up the eastern coast of North America, I'm sure we'll get some northeast U.S. bands announced Monday but, I must say, I'm REALLY hoping for a lot of east coast Canadian names like Exciter, Sacrifice, Annihilator, Quo Vadis, Anvil or even Kittie (to make the cut into the small group of female-fronted bands on this).

Never even seen Exciter, Sacrifice or Anvil. Haven't seen Annihilator since they played here almost 20 years ago at the Starfish Room. You'd be amazed how much the metal scene in Vancouver has sucked so bad that so many of these eastern Canadian bands rarely if ever play here simply because Europe is so much more supportive. Shame on us for sure. I had tickets for "the Anvil experience" when it came through town here but got deadly sick the day of and had to miss it so wouldn't mind them being included but I'm thinking they're likely still planning their stuff around the buzz of the film and their subsequent rise/return. Pretty cool story for those boys.

Quo Vadis I just learned about since joining these boards but wow!

Cryptopsy and Neuraxis for the fans of the ultra-heavy too.

Go Canada Go!! :P

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:47 am

No offense to our northern neighbors but I never liked any of the extreme/death metal bands from Canada. They basically "aped" the NY sound and alot of times took it into a "techno death" direction which bores the living daylights out of me (Cyrptopsy, Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, etc, etc.).

Didn't Annihilator turn into groove/nu metal ? Jeff Waters can play the guitar but anything after Alice in Hell didn't seem to be all that interesting to me.
    Last edited by KevinP on Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:49 am

Speaking of Canada i wonder if Kick Axe are still going :twisted:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:51 am

KevinP wrote:No offense to our northern neighbors but I never liked any of the extreme/death metal bands from Canada.

None taken! That's one of the things I love about metal is there's just so much variety. No one's going to like all of it and someone who's fanatical about one sub genre or band is likely equally as mortified by another. From the stuff you've listed in previous posts, I know our tastes are quite different but I'm also sure there's enough overlap that we'll both be raising our fists together at numerous times come January :headbanger:

Didn't Annihilator turn into groove/nu metal ? Jeff Waters can play the guitar but anything after Alice in Hell didn't seem to be all that interesting to me.

I don't think their stuff would fall into those categories but different ppl peg different bands and their sounds, well, differently. I think the revolving door of vocalists hurt them a bit in terms of consistency but most albums throughout their catalog strike me as remaining faithful to the vein of their first great efforts, if not necessarily as brilliantly written or executed. Some of the stuff off Remains bores me to tears but then Metal and Schizo Deluxe pretty strong albums. It's kinda cheesy/typical stereotyped metal but I really enjoy Maximum Satan and it has shades of Allison in it :cool:

Metalwrath wrote:Speaking of Canada i wonder if Kick Axe are still going :twisted:

Haha... I never would have guessed MW!! Yeah, I think they put something out about 5 years ago that didn't do well and that was it for them. Heavy Metal Shuffle circa 1984!!! lol

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:55 am

Annihilator did turn into nu/grove metal.They dress like Trivium too now . :roll:
    I was quite shocked when i saw them play the last time
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:57 am

Hmmm... maybe in terms of fashion?? Like I say, I haven't seen them live in 20 years. The music is nowhere near my idea of nu or groove metal but again, I guess we use a different method of classifying this stuff. Can you name an album or particular song that you see as being nu-metal? Might help me understand where you guys are coming from.
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 am

Nah the music live is filth too seriusly.They sound like a completly different band in a bad kind of way.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:59 am

Well that's damn disappointing.

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:16 am

Metalwrath wrote:Annihilator did turn into nu/grove metal.They dress like Trivium too now . :roll:
    I was quite shocked when i saw them play the last time

I think there is 1 thing all of us are going to agree on, Trivium blows donkey d!ck. And I feel bad for the donkey (being too slow to get away and avoid it).

RE; Annihilator, Alice in Hell has that aggressive bite to the sound, that vocally and musically went away starting with Never Neverland. A quick check on their Myspace page confirms this is a huge stretch to call the new stuff "thrash". Yeah it's metal, but pedestrian sounding in every other way. My benchmark for thrash is "Terror Squad" by Artillery, which admittedly is pretty damn steep

Oh well, opinions are like Pop Stars, they are completely useless. :mrgreen:

I'd be surprised if Suffocation were announced soon as I didn't get the impression their management even knew about this event. Hopefully IMMOLATION are added as I haven't seen them in years and the new album is amazing. :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    phluvr85
    Oiler

by phluvr85 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:46 pm

KevinP wrote:Est Coast could mean anything I guess: Mastodon, Nile, Arsis, Dying Fetus would all come before any of the NY/NJ bands. I'd only be interested in Mastodon out of those though.

I'd be cool seeing Arsis myself. I like what I've heard of theirs, plus they're from my home state. And I actually enjoyed Nile when I saw them live. Their rercorded stuff could be better though, what with the mostly drowned out vocals and all.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Neuraxis, Quo Vadis, Augury, Martyr all rule. Some of the best technical metal since Theory in Practice :death:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 am

Really itching to hear someone(s) get added to the lineup today. Wonder if they'll be too busy with ticket sales to plan for that today or if coordinating sales AND more announcements on the same day would combine to make today a major, official launch day! Tick, tick, tick

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Just talked with Ross of Immolation, he was not aware of the event, but sounded intrigued. One can only hope.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    SonataFanGirl
    Oiler

Re: 14 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by SonataFanGirl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Swashbuckle :shred:
    'For Heavy Metal We Will Die'
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Swashbuckle seems appropo for this event. Always heard about these guys but never bothered to check them out til now. Based on a quick listen of the Myspace page alot more violent and aggressive than I thought it would be. Always thought it would be happy sounding fun and games type stuff. Thankfully it is not.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get the Free Credit Report commercials out of my mind though. :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:54 pm

KevinP wrote:Swashbuckle seems appropo for this event. Always heard about these guys but never bothered to check them out til now. Based on a quick listen of the Myspace page alot more violent and aggressive than I thought it would be. Always thought it would be happy sounding fun and games type stuff. Thankfully it is not.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get the Free Credit Report commercials out of my mind though. :lol:

Wouldn't have even thought of those commercials, but now I have you to thank for my plagued brain until they go away. Argh!

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:06 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Swashbuckle seems appropo for this event. Always heard about these guys but never bothered to check them out til now. Based on a quick listen of the Myspace page alot more violent and aggressive than I thought it would be. Always thought it would be happy sounding fun and games type stuff. Thankfully it is not.

Wouldn't have even thought of those commercials, but now I have you to thank for my plagued brain until they go away. Argh!

The other thing that instantly comes to mind is Judge Reinhold in Fast Times at Ridgemont High :D
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Not surprising really. Seemed like this thing needed at least ONE Pirate Metal band :viking:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:31 am

Dissapointing announcment but hey i'll need some time to drink on the boat anyway :lol:
  • Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:45 am

I see it the same way. Need some time to get to the bar too.

:givebeer:

I couldn't take 40 out of 40 and every single one is a must see.

There would be no time to :party:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 am

Frankly, I was hoping for Overkill...and still am
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:53 am

Captain Metal wrote:Frankly, I was hoping for Overkill...and still am

Me as well. We shall see.

• Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 am

Still 26 to go! :shred:
  • Post Reply 4097 posts