Post Reply 4260 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: 32 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by KevinP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:42 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:[I'll be almost as pissed as you if ya don't get at least a couple of the names you've been holding out for. We are indeed running low on band slots.

I would never say I was pissed. It wasn't like any of us were promised anything beforehand. And there really isn't too much "filler material" either. Plenty of bands I have never seen, want to see, and thoroughly enjoy. So nothing to complain about.

It's just that American greed coursing thru the veins wanting to get a few of my Top Tier bands onboard. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:22 pm

sar01061969 wrote:so lets see 32 bands names: 10 thrash, 10 power, 7 folk, 4 regular heavy metal and 1 black metal, where the hell is the black metal!!! Marduk is gonna b e lonely cm on guys where is the death metal where is the black metal

Loneliness is good for the black metal bands. Helps make that corpse paint mean something :lol:

And besides, with Trouble coming along with no Eric, we only have half a doom metal band so don't even talk to me about disproportionate genre neglect!! :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 pm

KevinP wrote:I would never say I was pissed. It wasn't like any of us were promised anything beforehand.

Good point. Poor choice of words. But ya know what I mean I think :?

sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:53 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Lol - just looked at my "world clock" on the iPhone for Hamburg, Amsterdam, and Oslo - close to many of our European forum friends - and it's 4:16 am - can't wait till they wake and read the Sabaton news! Especially the guy with sabaton as his forum name :cheers:

TONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABASABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSBATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATOTONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABASABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSBATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATOTONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABASABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSBATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATOTONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATNSABATONSABATONSABATONSABASABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSBATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATONSABATON
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 pm

SABATON the best powermetalband in the world !
    These guys are so pure and enthousiastic.

A dream came true....

We will see them on thursday in Nijmegen and start partying with them.

We didnt`book the flight yet but I will do it today, it would be a disaster not to be there in time...
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:45 am

sar01061969 wrote:

10 thrash, 10 power, 7 folk, 4 regular heavy metal and 1 black metal

Some of these numbers and genres seem strangely inaccurate. I can understand some peoples' want for a bit more Black Metal, but I don't see that happening beyond a couple more bands...maybe.

How is it that you're bitching about no Death Metal, when Obituary and Unleashed are on the bill?

As for Sabaton? I'm pretty MEH about that one, so perhaps the next band will excite me.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 am

Untill 5 seconds ago, I've never even heard of Sabaton. Great. More happy metal. :roll:
    I made the Devil do it.
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:51 am

Can`t help it, I`m still smiling.....

SABATON !!!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:14 am

Another band I've already seen - and a band I don't like. :(
    Well, they did make a song about Simo Häyhä, the Finnish sniper Russians called Белая смерть or White Death.

Still waiting for some good death metal...
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:11 am

Noooo, not Sabaton :roll:
    Lets get some more Death Metal bands on the boat instead.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:22 am

never even heard of Saboton before but i guess it will work.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:27 am

Am I the only one disappointed in the glaring lack of 80's-type Butt-Metal? Dammit, gimme some Ratt or Love/Hate or White Lion or LA Guns or something!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 am

hodgy wrote:Am I the only one disappointed in the glaring lack of 80's-type Butt-Metal? Dammit, gimme some Ratt or Love/Hate or White Lion or LA Guns or something!

it was just a few nights ago i had told a friend "please no Ratt"
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:40 am

hodgy wrote:Am I the only one disappointed in the glaring lack of 80's-type Butt-Metal? Dammit, gimme some Ratt or Love/Hate or White Lion or LA Guns or something!

Half the damn lineup is "butt-metal." Which is, by the way, a worse "subgenre" than "jump metal." :roll:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:01 am

Sabaton????!!!! F*CK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

i anted to see them when the were in holland, but I was to late at getting tickets!
    looks like i'll still be seeing them :viking: :viking: :viking:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:19 am

Awesome.
    Can't wait to see them play again.
    Was a prety predictable announcment though and not to sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing in relation to the last 8 to be confirmed.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:47 am

Evil Red wrote:Great. More happy metal. :roll:

C'mon Red, cheer up!! :D (sorry, had to!)

I like how Hodgy's thinking!! :headbanger:

:givebeer:, more DOOM and a little butt-glam!!

ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:24 am

Evil Red wrote:Untill 5 seconds ago, I've never even heard of Sabaton. Great. More happy metal. :roll:

Yeah, nothing puts a smile on my face and a spring in my step like songs about the terrors of modern warfare. Think I'll throw some Sabaton on my iPod and go out and pick some daisies. :lol:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:30 am

sabaton? NICE!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:21 am

C'mon. Please no more Swedish bands. I'm not travelling halfway around the planet to see bands that play in my hometown twice a year.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Tobbe wrote:C'mon. Please no more Swedish bands. I'm not travelling halfway around the planet to see bands that play in my hometown twice a year.

Please remember that are a HUGE amount of Canadians (nice people) & Americans (somewhat nice people) that never get to see most of these Swedes. So if you're venturing into our hemisphere you gotta deal with it :P :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:14 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:Great. More happy metal. :roll:

C'mon Red, cheer up!! :D (sorry, had to!)

I like how Hodgy's thinking!! :headbanger:

:givebeer:, more DOOM and a little butt-glam!!

Death and Black always cheer me up. Announce that and I'll show you happy! I'll even take Hodgy's butt. Rock. Over some of this... :mrgreen:

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:Untill 5 seconds ago, I've never even heard of Sabaton. Great. More happy metal. :roll:

Yeah, nothing puts a smile on my face and a spring in my step like songs about the terrors of modern warfare. Think I'll throw some Sabaton on my iPod and go out and pick some daisies. :lol:

The terrors of modern warfare would be so much more horrifing and awesome if they weren't riding unicorns and spewing happy rainbows in the process.

Tobbe wrote:C'mon. Please no more Swedish bands. I'm not travelling halfway around the planet to see bands that play in my hometown twice a year.

Let me be the first mean ole' American to totally agree with you here. :heavydrink:
    I made the Devil do it.
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:32 pm

KevinP wrote:

Please remember that are a HUGE amount of Canadians (nice people) & Americans (somewhat nice people) that never get to see most of these Swedes. So if you're venturing into our hemisphere you gotta deal with it :P :mrgreen:

I'm well aware of that, but I'm looking to my own ego.
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Yeaaaah! Sabaton is fucking wicked. I had the opportunity to see them at Wacken 2008 but at the time I had never heard of them, so I watched another band instead. I really wish I had watched them when I listened to their music back in Canada.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:

lmao, I hadn't read this thread, but I see that Evil Read made about the same post on the 70000Tons Facebook page and I had literally the same response: "Yes, Evehul. Nothing says unicorns and rainbows like the horrors of World War II. . ." Great minds think alike, eh?

No hard feelings, I just wanted to make a joke. We needn't judge a band by the type of music they perform. I know when I "mistakenly" ( ;) ) said something about Marduk being a NSBM band on the Facebook page I got SIX different messages telling me "to f*cking die" or "go to hell" because I was so misinformed. And now the exact same people (literally. . .the exact same as per the Facebook page) are saying the same thing about Sabaton being a "happy, fairy unicorn" band. The hypocrisy cracks me up (side note: Hypocrisy would be fantastic on the cruise =P).

Not everyone is going to like every band announced. Lighten up a little bit. I don't know why everyone is trying to be so selfish and not understanding the opportunity this cruise is offering. If you don't like the bands, DON'T GO. Why bitch about it? It's not going to change anything.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Well Said.
    That's why the FaceBook page has 7000 ( or whatver) fans... yet only 2000 true fans are on the cruise.
    These are the same people that, if you're a fan of any band, clog the walls with "You f--kin rock!" ETC..all shite.
    Yet, they aren't part of the fun!!/... Oh it's gonna be FUN!!!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah, that was me in both places, but no worries, I'll be elsewhere when they play. I'm not telling anyone to 'go die' or anything... :mrgreen:

I would take Hypocrisy over them anyday though but me, I wasn't actually being a hyprocrite at all. Just spouting off. Who cares? I'm sure you don't love all of my bands. Sorry for the upset. :cheers:
    I made the Devil do it.
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 am

Sabaton,great news...saw them 5 times and going to see them in November again. Joakim performs great live shows. :headbanger: :cheers: :beerwink: :givebeer: :givebeer:
    I can see clearly now, a painful vision indeed
    An attack on hallowed ground, from high above
    Alien to us, the species known as man
  • Hellhammer
    Wiper

by Hellhammer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 am

8 left, and hopefully Vreid is one of them :)
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:58 am

No, you're not the only one, bro! :headbanger:

Motley Crue has nothing scheduled at that time! They owned Ozzfest in LA. They would probably want too much to play, but a girl can dream!

Steel Panther would also be a good one. :cool:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 am

On the flip side, I'm looking forward to seeing ALL of the bands. Many I have never heard of.

CD's and MP3's never do a band justice. It's all about the live show for me!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:58 am

Evil Red wrote:..... Sorry for the upset. :cheers:

It takes all kinds! No upset here. :D I simply don't get people who can't let someone disagree with them without getting all butt-hurt and whiney about it. I'd much rather someone challenge my likes and opinions and offer something valuable from their POV than just sit on the sidelines and go along just so they don't rock the boat. (Heh, I said "rock the boat". Get it? Sorry... *groan*)

I think it's pretty amazing that 40 (well, almost) bands have been put together for a show and everyone's pretty darned happy about most of them and can't wait for the experience.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:29 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:..... Sorry for the upset. :cheers:

It takes all kinds! No upset here. :D I simply don't get people who can't let someone disagree with them without getting all butt-hurt and whiney about it. I'd much rather someone challenge my likes and opinions and offer something valuable from their POV than just sit on the sidelines and go along just so they don't rock the boat. (Heh, I said "rock the boat". Get it? Sorry... *groan*)

I think it's pretty amazing that 40 (well, almost) bands have been put together for a show and everyone's pretty darned happy about most of them and can't wait for the experience.

Thank you. That sums me up pretty nicely too. I speak my mind freely, but at the same time I'm rarely ever very serious about any shit talking I do. I'm sarcastic as hell by nature and have a pretty warped sense of humor I guess, so... while I'm probally sitting here cracking myself up, I'm not actually trying to piss anyone off. Personally, I'd be annoyed if someone agreed with me all the time simply to keep the peace. Real friends can share differences and move on and still have a fucking blast together. :D
    I made the Devil do it.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:52 pm

The greatest friends I have are the ones who wouldn't even hesitate to either give or receive the nastiest of cheap shots at a moments notice but it's all just like water off a duck's back to us because we'd also never hesitate to have one another's backs if or when a legitimate situation ever arose. :cheers:

Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:11 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:The greatest friends I have are the ones who wouldn't even hesitate to either give or receive the nastiest of cheap shots at a moments notice but it's all just like water off a duck's back to us because we'd also never hesitate to have one another's backs if or when a legitimate situation ever arose. :cheers:

Yup, those are my favorite too. :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:46 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:

Half the damn lineup is "butt-metal." Which is, by the way, a worse "subgenre" than "jump metal." :roll:

No no no, it's not "butt" metal. There is no "butt". It's "death to all, BUT metal"
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:00 pm

I agree with Evil Red and Hodgy 110 percent and think the other dude into the fruit loop metal scene should just perish and put a sock in it. :mrgreen:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Element0s wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:

No no no, it's not "butt" metal. There is no "butt". It's "death to all, BUT metal"

Why do all my lyrics sound like Dr. Seuss? :headbanger:
    I made the Devil do it.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:21 am

Have to be honest, never heard of sabaton. Now if it was Angra or Wintersun, that would be epic!
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Deathbringer wrote:Sabaton?! What a disappointment. COME ON! These are the last 10... the ultra-badass names need to start being announced - Opeth, Bloodbath, Immortal, and what have you. No more power, no more folk, no more thrash...bring on the death and the BLACK!! (especially the black)

At least I know I'll have time to relax and sleep.

I agree with you guys as well... there are already so many bands similar... and not my cup... need some more darkness, too much happy-metal (although I like some of it, just doesn't make me want to move as much).

Seems like there will be time for a poker tournament!!! maybe first night after the bands????!?! Still psyched about DT though, that's 2 more shows I will for sure watch!!!

If anyone doesn't' know Dark Tranquillity... I recommend 2 albums to check out... early melo-death stuff.... 'The Gallery' a classic 90's album and one for the recordbooks for sure. For their newer heavier but catchier sound, check out Damage Done (believe came out in 2002? (without looking it up)..) This is more what they have sounded like the past 5 records or so.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • Post Reply 4260 posts