Post Reply 4260 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
    Laura
    Commander

Re: 35 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by Laura » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:54 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:^^^ well, you have to fly out with Scott then, Deb!! :cheers:

Ya know.....I fly my teenagers to Chicago every Summer (the month of july)....We should see if there are some good shows around that time....that we just cant live without attending! I would so fly out with them and hang out with ya!

Love the idea - let's do it! I may be out of town part of June, but should be around the entire month of July :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:10 pm

tyrwoman wrote:Love the idea - let's do it! I may be out of town part of June, but should be around the entire month of July :cheers:

Let me be the voice of reason here ladies. What happens when you two erupt into a cat fight and hair starts getting pulled and nails start digging into flesh and you both end up in the "brig" ?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUEGl6dny5I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wrL9z3Kvww
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQrJ7Jce ... re=related

Let's make sure you both can coexist in the same space before planning any slumber parties. :ugeek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S00NafTXZHI
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:15 pm

:? why would we get in a cat fight?
    (haven't watched the youtubes yet - not sure I should ;) )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:18 pm

tyrwoman wrote::? why would we get in a cat fight?

Peer pressure or a dispute over some shirtless Finnish dude

You can watch, nothing perverse at all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And if I may quote Kramer: "that's caged heat" :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:19 pm

KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:Love the idea - let's do it! I may be out of town part of June, but should be around the entire month of July :cheers:

Let me be the voice of reason here ladies. What happens when you two erupt into a cat fight and hair starts getting pulled and nails start digging into flesh and you both end up in the "brig" ?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUEGl6dny5I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wrL9z3Kvww
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQrJ7Jce ... re=related

Let's make sure you both can coexist in the same space before planning any slumber parties. :ugeek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S00NafTXZHI

lol....I cant see those here....but I bet theyre great lol.....however...I HIGHLY doubt Laura would be one I would ever scrap with....Im a lover....not a fighter......unless you swing first....then its all over mister lol
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Let's announce the rest of the friggin' bands already!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:36 pm

KevinP wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote::? why would we get in a cat fight?

Peer pressure or a dispute over some shirtless Finnish dude

You can watch, nothing perverse at all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And if I may quote Kramer: "that's caged heat" :lol:

Those were actually quite funny! Seinfeld rules!! Still no cat fights in my future though ;)

And I'm with onenight - announce the last 5 already (or else some of us will really get all loopy here!)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:39 pm

LOVE seinfeld!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:08 pm

last_candle wrote:LOVE seinfeld!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QJnE-uiJvo

too much :lol:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:36 pm

So Eluveitie just announced a North American tour starting February 1st.

I know we had tons of confirmation that they were not going to be on the ship, but it'd be nice if we could pretend and start those rumors up again :-P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Ecliptica wrote:So Eluveitie just announced a North American tour starting February 1st.

I know we had tons of confirmation that they were not going to be on the ship, but it'd be nice if we could pretend and start those rumors up again :-P

You know, we wouldn't have to worry about rumors if they would just announce some more fucking bands already!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:

one of countless highlights throughout the nine seasons of seinfeld :mrgreen:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:59 am

maybe i am late in telling this (haven't read before in this thread) but i think we can rule turisas out, as they have anounced their tour dates. 31-10 januari in europe and febuari USA...
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:07 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:

More Seinfeld links :lol: :lol: A good way to pass the time waiting for more band announcements :lol:

One of my favorite episodes: The Contest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkklW7VEBHA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi68hPMi ... re=related
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:30 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:maybe i am late in telling this (haven't read before in this thread) but i think we can rule turisas out, as they have anounced their tour dates. 31-10 januari in europe and febuari USA...

As I'm hoping for more doom, thrash or classic metal, I hope you're right but I don't think any of their announced dates would prevent them from doing the cruise Tim. In fact, it almost seems like it's been scheduled around the cruise. Pretty sure we're getting them and/or CoF
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:00 am

Anyways, I blame ERIC ADAMS :mrgreen:

i know i'm a little late in the thread here...but when ISN'T it Eric Adams' fault? :viking:

i keep hearing CoF will get added...blah. I love all kinds of music that could be compared to them but NEVER liked them. I am impressed by the latest Enslaved release - anyone else dig that? I get to Enslaved with Dimmu on my hubby's "dirty thirty" birthday in Denver. Looking forward to that.

Also excited that Immortal is coming to Denver in February! That + 70000Tons + Maryland Deathfest = a very metal first half of 2011
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:36 am

-my mother caught me
    -doing what?
    -you knoooow...i was aloooooone...
    wishlist '20:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:maybe i am late in telling this (haven't read before in this thread) but i think we can rule turisas out, as they have anounced their tour dates. 31-10 januari in europe and febuari USA...

As I'm hoping for more doom, thrash or classic metal, I hope you're right but I don't think any of their announced dates would prevent them from doing the cruise Tim. In fact, it almost seems like it's been scheduled around the cruise. Pretty sure we're getting them and/or CoF

we'll just have to wait and see. I'm still hoping for Dethklok. and off course, but i told that already, (perhaps to much :lol: ) I rahther have Heidevolk instead of Turisas if there HAS to be more folkmetal on board.
    But I agree there should be more deathmetal :headbanger:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:13 pm

i'm down for more death/black/thrash. but no cartoon bands, blah.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 pm

rhiawiz wrote:i'm down for more death/black/thrash. but no cartoon bands, blah.

I agree, Dethklok is funny and okay to listen to, but not when I'm paying large sums of $$$ and want 50 other more important bands instead of them.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:19 pm

KevinP wrote:

I agree, Dethklok is funny and okay to listen to, but not when I'm paying large sums of $$$ and want 50 other more important bands instead of them.

Unless they threw in a Chipotle Bowl! ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:20 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Unless they threw in a Chipotle Bowl! ;)

I think I might be able to tolerate Blackguard if I could eat Chipotle at sea :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:37 pm

KevinP wrote:I think I might be able to tolerate Blackguard if I could eat Chipotle at sea :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you know, i've seen Blackguard and they have an energetic live show and are much more enjoyable than their recordings might have one believe. they could pleasantly surprise people!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I think I might be able to tolerate Blackguard if I could eat Chipotle at sea :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you know, i've seen Blackguard and they have an energetic live show and are much more enjoyable than their recordings might have one believe. they could pleasantly surprise people!

Okay you scored points with me in the past, but you are teetering on "In the doghouse" status if you keep talking this kind of lunacy. :twisted: I'm sure the Bakstreet Boys and N'Sync have lots of energy, but I don't want to see them :P

And why isn't there a supermarket/grocery store in Canada that can hire these 5 douches, so they can't infect every metal tour that comes through town :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Alright, I'm gonna put my foot down in defense of Dethklok. They're a cartoon band. So what?

Just because 90% of black metal bands don't have their own television show, it doesn't mean that they aren't themselves caricatures.
    A show is a show is a show. Most bands inject visual entertainment into a musical performance, Metalocalypse does the same in reverse.
    And I hate the pervasive argument that "They aren't a real band, therefore the music is less valid."

Alright then, Beethoven, Tchaicovsky, Dvorak, Haydn.... the list goes on. not real music.

One guy writing music for a group to play is called composition. John Williams wrote several scores specifically for fictional characters and situations. Is that any less valid?

Alright, folks, rant over. If you don't like them because you don't like the music, that's cool. But any other reason is just elitist.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:51 pm

cg138 wrote:Alright, I'm gonna put my foot down in defense of Dethklok. They're a cartoon band. So what?

Just because 90% of black metal bands don't have their own television show, it doesn't mean that they aren't themselves caricatures.
    A show is a show is a show. Most bands inject visual entertainment into a musical performance, Metalocalypse does the same in reverse.
    And I hate the pervasive argument that "They aren't a real band, therefore the music is less valid."

Alright then, Beethoven, Tchaicovsky, Dvorak, Haydn.... the list goes on. not real music.

One guy writing music for a group to play is called composition. John Williams wrote several scores specifically for fictional characters and situations. Is that any less valid?

Alright, folks, rant over. If you don't like them because you don't like the music, that's cool. But any other reason is just elitist.

ok, i'm not that into them...seen them and had backstage passes just cuz i'm friends with Gene, and the music is decent, but i wouldn't care to see them again. the cartoons don't help. just me!
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 pm

I'm sure the Bakstreet Boys and N'Sync have lots of energy, but I don't want to see them :P

now, Blackgaurd is no where NEAR a favorite of mine, so i wouldn't go overboard (ha) defending them. however, that comparison is a bit ridiculous. backstreet and nsync aren't even music, BLAH!

anyway, we can talk about MUCH better bands than this. just saying they aren't horrid, and are certainly no NSync LOL
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm

rhiawiz wrote:ok, i'm not that into them...seen them and had backstage passes just cuz i'm friends with Gene, and the music is decent, but i wouldn't care to see them again. just me!

See, that's perfectly valid. I probably posted a rant that doesn't apply to most of us here. But I said it, so there.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:55 pm

And why isn't there a supermarket/grocery store in Canada that can hire these 5 douches, so they can't infect every metal tour that comes through town :? :? :?

i can relate - i remember feeling this way about ShadowsFall about 10 years ago. They were on EVERY tour...and didn't seem to warrant all that attention! Maybe it's because I've only seen Blackgaurd once...them being on 5 tours i liked would annoy the piss outta me.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 pm

cg138 wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:ok, i'm not that into them...seen them and had backstage passes just cuz i'm friends with Gene, and the music is decent, but i wouldn't care to see them again. just me!

See, that's perfectly valid. I probably posted a rant that doesn't apply to most of us here. But I said it, so there.

well, at least i won't be lumped into that elitist category you were fixin' to toss me in...LOL, I've been called worse anyhow.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:04 pm

rhiawiz wrote:I'm sure the Bakstreet Boys and N'Sync have lots of energy, but I don't want to see them :P

now, Blackgaurd is no where NEAR a favorite of mine, so i wouldn't go overboard (ha) defending them. however, that comparison is a bit ridiculous. backstreet and nsync aren't even music, BLAH!

anyway, we can talk about MUCH better bands than this. just saying they aren't horrid, and are certainly no NSync LOL

My point is crap is crap, no matter what type of crap it is. Sure horsecrap is larger than dogcrap, but it's still crap no matter how look at it. :P

And I don't hold Blackguard in any higher regard than those other 2 bands. At least those other 2 are never infecting Metal touring lineups like a horrific plague :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:I'm sure the Bakstreet Boys and N'Sync have lots of energy, but I don't want to see them :P

My point is crap is crap, no matter what type of crap it is. Sure horsecrap is larger than dogcrap, but it's still crap no matter how look at it. :P

And I don't hold Blackguard in any higher regard than those other 2 bands. At least those other 2 are never infecting Metal touring lineups like a horrific plague :mrgreen:

well, now i know how you feel about Blackgaurd! LOL. what's the band or tops bands you're most EXCITED to see as opposed to LEAST excited?
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:10 pm

rhiawiz wrote:well, now i know how you feel about Blackgaurd! LOL. what's the band or tops bands you're most EXCITED to see as opposed to LEAST excited?

My Dying Bride, Bloodbath, Madder Mortem, Bolt Thrower, Morbid Angel, Atheist, Before the Dawn/Black Sun Aeon, Artillery - even though there is a almost no chance of them appearing :cry:

In no particular order:

Obituary, Amon Amarth, Testament, Nevermore, Sanctuary, Marduk, Fear Factory, Swashbuckle, Tyr, Saxon, Forbidden. Handful of others I'll be happy to see, just not super pumped over it.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:13 pm

dude, i love your wish list. i'd kill to see the Madders!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm going to hold out for Edge of Sanity. Announcement #50. bahahahahaha. those are tears mixed in with that mad laughter.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:19 pm

rhiawiz wrote:I'm going to hold out for Edge of Sanity. Announcement #50. bahahahahaha. those are tears mixed in with that mad laughter.

I'd accept Dan Swano sitting on stage picking his nose over most bands. Anything he does is excellent. I would love to see Crimson played live one day.

RE: Madder Mortem, I probably have ZERO chance of them ever coming to the US, so I'm going to have to get to Europe, although I have no idea when :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'd sit through 5 Blackguard sets if I could see Madder Mortem on this cruise :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:22 pm

KevinP wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:I'm going to hold out for Edge of Sanity. Announcement #50. bahahahahaha. those are tears mixed in with that mad laughter.

I'd accept Dan Swano sitting on stage picking his nose over most bands. Anything he does is excellent. I would love to see Crimson played live one day.

RE: Madder Mortem, I probably have ZERO chance of them ever coming to the US, so I'm going to have to get to Europe, although I have no idea when :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'd sit through 5 Blackguard sets if I could see Madder Mortem on this cruise :mrgreen:

HAHA! i really have to scan in the pic of me and Dan Swano. i'm with you on Dan picking his nose...and would like to add that I'd take that over Blackguard LOL. Either Crimson I or II would RULE, and so would Moontower, and Nightingale's White Darkness...and Spectral Sorrows, and their cover of Invisible Sun, etc.

It does seem Madder will not come over to the states, doesn't it? bummer for us (and the US).
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:34 pm

rhiawiz wrote:HAHA! i really have to scan in the pic of me and Dan Swano. i'm with you on Dan picking his nose...and would like to add that I'd take that over Blackguard LOL. Either Crimson I or II would RULE, and so would Moontower, and Nightingale's White Darkness...and Spectral Sorrows, and their cover of Invisible Sun, etc.

It does seem Madder will not come over to the states, doesn't it? bummer for us (and the US).

I've told myself that if I ever win the lottery and have more money to piss away than I know what to do with, I would fund a US tour of:

My Dying Bride, Madder Mortem, Bolt Thrower, Artillery, Sinister (original lineup) & Edge of Sanity.

I wouldn't care how poorly attended the shows were or awkward the lineup may be.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:37 pm

I'll throw in for My Dying Bride. Do you take rolls of pennies? :lol: .... This year has left me broke.

Seriously though, it's funny that I have thought about the same thing about putting a show together if I won the lottery (and MDB would be headlining of course)... that and making a movie.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:But I agree there should be more deathmetal

For the record, I NEVER said that so you're not agreeing with ME! :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Post Reply 4260 posts