Post Reply 4260 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD

by Evican » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:42 am

Holy shit! This is awesome!! 42 bands?!?

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:30 am

The "Running Order" button seems to be missing now. Does this mean we won't know the running order till the cruise?
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:36 am

I hope the give the running order soon as it would be nice to plan out a strategy for seeing all these bands.

Last couple announcments don't really do anything for me but at this point, doesn't matter for me...can't wait to set sail!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:46 am

BierVulf wrote:Damn I saw all this talk of the absence and had no idea what the buzz was about.
    More than forty bands?!

OPETH AND ATHEIST!!!!!!!!!!!
    :headbanger:

I log on this morning and see this post and thought HOLY SHIT BALLS BATMAN!!!!!!

Then I realize BierVulf is still loopey from all the ganja and totalled buzzkilled me.

Arsis ain't half bad, but when I was thinking it was Atheist :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The did the soundtrack for a "Ballet Deviare" that they showed a bunch of times on Headbangers Ball.
    Last edited by KevinP on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:55 am

Just checked out Arsis.
    They sound pretty good.
    Although the pink guitar is quite questionable. :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:01 am

Metalwrath wrote:Just checked out Arsis.
    They sound pretty good.

You're only saying that because they are touring with a band called POWERglove. If they would were touring with DEATHglove you'd change your tune :lol: :lol: :lol:

And since when did you start frowning on pink guitars :? :P :? :P :? :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:03 am

KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Just checked out Arsis.
    They sound pretty good.

You're only saying that because they are touring with a band called POWERglove. If they would were touring with DEATHglove you'd change your tune :lol: :lol: :lol:

And since when did you start frowning on pink guitars :? :P :? :P :? :P

Children of Bodom *cough*
    Although i'm pretty sure Alexi is a fag anyway :lol:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:19 am

The Absence & Arsis! That makes me happy. Good bands.
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:44 am

Arsis! I approve! :headbanger:
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    Noelolz
    Petty Officer

by Noelolz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:06 am

I've seen Arsis and The Absence a few times. They're fucking great. CAN'T WAIT. 9 MORE DAYS. :shred:
    Bring on #7! Booked Cabin 2313!
    70k 2011, 2012, BTH, 2013, 2014, 2015 Survivor
    Wishlist: Haken*Edguy*SymphonyX*Moonspell*Devin Townsend*Masterplan*Gojira*Avantasia*Ayreon*Starkill*Arsis*Leprous*Anaal Nathrakh*Enslaved*Rhapsody of Fire
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:37 am

Arsis and the Absence both very OK !

Nice for a moshpit.
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:01 am

Way to please (almost) everyone! It feels like CIIC was announced already anyway, so those happy with it can be even happier, and us who aren't so into them still get to celebrate the announcement of Arsis as a great "40th" band. With two bonus bands we were hardly left a way to complain! :D Thanks 70,000 Tons!

Now..... a running order would be nice.
  • lacunabliss
    Crewman

by lacunabliss » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 am

Cool, arsis and the absence! That makes up for C2C.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:59 am

Which makes the total of bands you want to see on this cruise something like 3 or 4 now? :lol:
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:23 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Way to please (almost) everyone! It feels like CIIC was announced already anyway, so those happy with it can be even happier, and us who aren't so into them still get to celebrate the announcement of Arsis as a great "40th" band. With two bonus bands we were hardly left a way to complain! :D Thanks 70,000 Tons!

Now..... a running order would be nice.

i concur with all of the above! the Arsis announcement TOTALLY made up for CIIC...nice bonus and i've never seen them....cool! must go check out The Absence...
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:26 am

alex_canada wrote:Which makes the total of bands you want to see on this cruise something like 3 or 4 now? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Touché, Alex. I was thinking the same thing!!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:27 am

ragnaröks_roller wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Which makes the total of bands you want to see on this cruise something like 3 or 4 now? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Touché, Alex. I was thinking the same thing!!!

yeah i'm over 30 bands in now that are "must sees" on the high seas!! cuz i totally wanna see The Absence now too. They are sounding good to me!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:40 am

rhiawiz wrote:
    yeah i'm over 30 bands in now that are "must sees" on the high seas!! cuz i totally wanna see The Absence now too. They are sounding good to me!

I, too, am not among the folks who are going to have "plenty" of time at the bar, or sleeping, or anything else! Too much great music! :D
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:57 am

THE ABSENSE!!!!??!??!?!?!?!!\

I've always wanted to see them and now I will.

YES!!!!

check em out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4My_nQDoXDY

arsis are a good band too!
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:15 am

I dont like either band, Arsis sounds ok i guess but im not a fan. Still, cant be mad at the rest of the line up! :cheers: just great to see all the names together !
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 am

asmegin wrote:THE ABSENSE!!!!??!??!?!?!?!!\

I've always wanted to see them and now I will.

YES!!!!

check em out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4My_nQDoXDY

arsis are a good band too!

They sound pretty good actually.
    Not amazingly original but yeah you'll probably see me there fucking hammered windmilling like mad :shred:
    Metal Heart
    Crewman

by Metal Heart » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 am

can't say I am in love with the bands announced. Normally I would say to each there own. But the absence? really? I hoped we could avoid "core" bands. But the fact that we are past the 40 scheduled announcements is rad. Now I just want them to hurry and post the running order! It boggles my mind how close we are to the unrelenting epicness, that is this trip!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:41 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:I dont like either band, Arsis sounds ok i guess but im not a fan. Still, cant be mad at the rest of the line up! :cheers: just great to see all the names together !

I agree. :mrgreen: Neither band is bad, but I could live the rest of my life without seeing them. Who knows, maybe one of them will surprise us. I just prefer announcements that get me all "wet & tingley" :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 am

KevinP wrote:
    Heabymetawhunta wrote:I dont like either band, Arsis sounds ok i guess but im not a fan. Still, cant be mad at the rest of the line up! :cheers: just great to see all the names together !

I agree. :mrgreen: Neither band is bad, but I could live the rest of my life without seeing them. Who knows, maybe one of them will surprise us. I just prefer announcements that get me all "wet & tingley" :mrgreen:

I assume you've seen the "couples lifestyle" thread then? :lol:
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 am

Metal Heart wrote:can't say I am in love with the bands announced. Normally I would say to each there own. But the absence? really? I hoped we could avoid "core" bands. But the fact that we are past the 40 scheduled announcements is rad. Now I just want them to hurry and post the running order! It boggles my mind how close we are to the unrelenting epicness, that is this trip!

I never listened to them before and jsut checked them out.
    No they are not fucking core.They are actually a decent Death metal band with a newer prodoction sound.
    Core bands have a much different vocal sound first of all.It's usually a high emo tone followed by a lame attempt of growling.The guitar tone may sound kind of similar but thats more due to production sound.
    The guitar itself is quite good and has a proper rythm to it.A good riff is somethign you will never har in a core band.
    Gtranted the name of the band does make it sound like it could be a core band but it deffinyly is not.
    I'm quite content with these 3 last bands to be honest.
    Being brutally honest the Absence remind me a lot of Arch Enemy and thats hardly a bad thing :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    Metal Heart wrote:can't say I am in love with the bands announced. Normally I would say to each there own. But the absence? really? I hoped we could avoid "core" bands. But the fact that we are past the 40 scheduled announcements is rad. Now I just want them to hurry and post the running order! It boggles my mind how close we are to the unrelenting epicness, that is this trip!

No they are not fucking core.They are actually a decent Death metal band with a newer prodoction sound.
    Core bands have a much different vocal sound first of all.It's usually a high emo tone followed by a lame attempt of growling.The guitar tone may sound kind of similar but thats more due to production sound.
    The guitar itself is quite good and has a proper rythm to it.A good riff is somethign you will never har in a core band.
    Gtranted the name of the band does make it sound like it could be a core band but it deffinyly is not.

me too, they aren't CORE at all? WTF! and Peter i like your description of core. i hate that shit. i too have never heard a good riff in a core band. man, do i hate suicide silence. sorry, they just burn me. and not in a good way. 100% breakdowns is not something i dig.
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:I assume you've seen the "couples lifestyle" thread then? :lol:

Yes, but I'm talking about Musical Wetness :shock: :P :lol:

And while neither band is CORE, The Absence are thoroughly soaked in Euro Melodic Mellow Death. Not something that I particularly care for unless it's something totally original and/or outstanding. We shall see.

Drivel like Every Time I Die is some of the worst trite imaginable. Absent of MY DYING BRIDE, I think every band name with 3 WORDS is crap-ass core slop.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:58 am

My Dying Bride suck by the ay.
    They are one of the msot fucking boring bands alive :lol:
    Wathcing paint dry is more interesting than listening to them.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:58 am

I've actually seen both Arsis and The Absence before and would also disagree with the "core" tag. None of the guys in either band come off as being such, and I've even hung around the guys in The Absence at NAMM back in 2007, laughing and ripping on some of the pretentious NON Metal musicians at the late night after parties (Hell, even Bono was there tying one on like a good Irishman :lol: ). Good times!

Frankly, I have no problem at all with these last 3. So with that said, let us now focus on preparing for this thing, shall we? :headbanger: :heavydrink:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:00 pm

I fucking hate Bono.
    I regret not gettign off the train and punching him that time i saw him at the stop in Dun Laoghire.But thats another story :lol:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:04 pm

I think Bono could take you Wrath...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:04 pm

I wish you had, right in his bug eyed sunglasses! POW! :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Disaster Area wrote:I think Bono could take you Wrath...

Even if he could many of people would have jumped in to my defense.He's the most hate Irish person in Ireland.
    :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Metalwrath wrote:My Dying Bride suck by the ay.

My Dying Metalwrath it is then. I'll be able to pick you out of a crowd with your long overcoat on (and the BLOW ME I'M IRISH button) :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:I think Bono could take you Wrath...

Even if he could many of people would have jumped in to my defense.He's the most hate Irish person in Ireland.

hmm, so logically

since everyone else in the world hates the Irish,

That makes him the Most Hated Person on the Planet. :lol:

yup, you shoulda' punched him in the snoot...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

Being brutally honest the Absence remind me a lot of Arch Enemy and thats hardly a bad thing :lol:

I fucking love you man, couldn't have said it better.

btw, not saying that I'll go gay for you or anything. Unless you are gay in real life than I will still object because you know I have a fiance and all. Not that I have anything against gay people, I have a couple of gay metal friends that are fucking awesome.

Just letting ya that I agree with what you said.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:13 pm

KevinP wrote:

My Dying Metalwrath it is then. I'll be able to pick you out of a crowd with your long overcoat on (and the BLOW ME I'M IRISH button) :lol:

I don't have a BLOW me i'm Irish button.
    But when i was living in Sweden the main bar was an Irish bar.First day i went here i got a free beer and also a big necklace thing that has 3 big shamrocks and they say 'Fuck me ,Suck me,I'm Irish , :lol:
    Think i'll bring it on the cruise for the laugh
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Does Bono like Power or Death metal? When you get back to me on that I'll render an opinion. :mrgreen:

Someone please photoshop a PowerWolf t-shirt onto Bono and watch Wrath's head explode :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I don't have a BLOW me i'm Irish button.
    But when i was living in Sweden the main bar was an Irish bar.First day i went here i got a free beer and also a big necklace thing that has 3 big shamrocks and they say 'Fuck me ,Suck me,I'm Irish , :lol:
    Think i'll bring it on the cruise for the laugh

NICE!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Speaking of Powerwolf.
    Here's a picture of me,Ravenlordn and a friend from Israle with Powerwolf at a gig they palyed in Switzerland.
    They are some of the coolest guys i've ever met
Post Reply 4260 posts