Post Reply 4260 posts
THE OFFICIAL 70000TONS OF METAL 2011 MEGA THREAD
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Re: 36 OUT OF 40 AND COUNTING...

by Malaka » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:06 pm

WOW, I did not see that announcement coming! APPROVED!!!! Very, very, well done UMC! :death:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:26 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    hodgy wrote:Now it's come down to putting tribute bands on here? Why not get my Alice Cooper tribute band to play?
    I don't really care that much, I was sold for the cruise with Raven and Uli Jon Roth. This just gives me more time to catch up on the other things that the ship has to offer.

Generally, I try not to be contrary....but Twilight of the Gods ain't no ordinary run-of-the-mill tribute band. For me, just the fact that Alan Nemtheanga (lead singer of the great Primordial - who I've never seen live) on the ship doing Bathory songs is unbelievably cool. Not to mention the others in the band like the great drummer Nick Barker...
    Plus....considering Quorthon, genius behind Bathory is dead....this TotG is definitely the "next best thing" - for me, at least! :beerwink:
    :cheers:

Great, then let's get W.A.S. onboard, original members of W.A.S.P. and former member of Metal Church.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:25 pm

So we're supposed to get surprises, eh? I guess that leaves out every prediction anyone has ever guessed on this forum or anywhere else. Except for my post about Converge, Insane Clown Posse, The Wiggles, Michael Bolton, and somebody's weird dinosaur band from Chuck-E-Cheese's.

Who's ready for the 1st Annual 63,502,931.8 KILOGRAMS OF ALUMINUM CANOE RIDE????? YIPPEE!!!! :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:So we're supposed to get surprises, eh? I guess that leaves out every prediction anyone has ever guessed on this forum or anywhere else. Except for my post about Converge, Insane Clown Posse, The Wiggles, Michael Bolton, and somebody's weird dinosaur band from Chuck-E-Cheese's.

Who's ready for the 1st Annual 63,502,931.8 KILOGRAMS OF ALUMINUM CANOE RIDE????? YIPPEE!!!! :lol:

Oh My God, if Insane Clown Posse was booked I'd probably pee with joy.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:40 am

did the start as a band or as wrestlers?
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:21 am

last_candle wrote:did the start as a band or as wrestlers?

they started as magnets -

garbage absolute garbage. I love hop hop but those clowns are garbage
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:24 am

If the next surprise is anything like this one, hopefully they get stormwarrior doing helloween with kai singing the whole set. I think they're doing it /did it already at some euro fest.

Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:44 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:If the next surprise is anything like this one, hopefully they get stormwarrior doing helloween with kai singing the whole set. I think they're doing it /did it already at some euro fest.

Word. They have done that like 5 times now, apparently. Sometimes I wonder if they ever play their own songs with their own singer because they are awesome. But having Stormwarrior + Kai would be a very special treat for me
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:17 am

CoF will not be on board, Nick Barker HATES Dani Filth. Almost snapped him in two when they were practicing Nick quit the band so he would stay out of prison
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:CoF will not be on board, Nick Barker HATES Dani Filth. Almost snapped him in two when they were practicing Nick quit the band so he would stay out of prison

I REALLY LIKE THIS :cheers:

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Wouldn't be hard for him to do :lol:

I find this Bathory tribute band announcement to be...okay. It honestly doesn't excite me all that much, but it isn't terrible. Helps fill in the Black quota a bit more at least.

But really, 3 weeks for this? I think we'd all like to know who the hell the headliners are already. Also I think it's time for the big reveal on the mystery band, consisting of 2 Canadians, 1 German and however many of some other nationality still left to name. We're 7 weeks away, so why can't we just have the rest already?
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:31 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:CoF will not be on board, Nick Barker HATES Dani Filth. Almost snapped him in two when they were practicing Nick quit the band so he would stay out of prison

Good news that Cradle of Filth is almost definitely out, but on the other hand I'd pay extra for the pleasure of Dani Filth being "snapped in two". Does Mexico extradite to the U.K.?
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:41 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:

Good news that Cradle of Filth is almost definitely out, but on the other hand I'd pay extra for the pleasure of Dani Filth being "snapped in two". Does Mexico extradite to the U.K.?

I think when you are flown to england to be knighted by the queen for such an act, its not called extraditing. :lol:

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:51 pm

By the way, I think we can now safely cross Opeth off the list, seeing as they start recording their new album next month.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    ragnaröks_roller wrote:

I think when you are flown to england to be knighted by the queen for such an act, its not called extraditing. :lol:

You raise a good point! :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Captain Metal wrote:By the way, I think we can now safely cross Opeth off the list, seeing as they start recording their new album next month.

They don't start until January 31st, though. That still leaves an opening :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:06 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:By the way, I think we can now safely cross Opeth off the list, seeing as they start recording their new album next month.

They don't start until January 31st, though. That still leaves an opening :death:

yeah man stop being such a negative nancy.
    Opeth will be on board!!!!
    hopefully :givebeer:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 pm

that is good news but it would have been a good time to sleep
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:51 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:

is he not to be the special guest drummer on their next tour?

ok, just a rumor, but that was many years ago when they had differences
    it is ok, i will sit threw both their sets by myself if need be
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:If the next surprise is anything like this one, hopefully they get stormwarrior doing helloween with kai singing the whole set. I think they're doing it /did it already at some euro fest.

yes, they did...and it was quite good
    I enjoyed the set with songs from the mini-EP and Walls of Jericho

IMO, that's no reason to cross'em off the list - it's not like they had to rehearse 100 hours for their gigs
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 pm

last_candle wrote:

IMO, that's no reason to cross'em off the list - it's not like they had to rehearse 100 hours for their gigs

yeah unfortunately it kind of is safe to cross Opeth off. if their studio start date is 1/31, which i've seen, it means they'd get off the ship, fly back to sweden that weekend, and have to be ready to record in only ONE DAY with jet lag and all that? no way, those guys are perfectionists and they would be rehearsing. i really would like opeth added but this recording schedule does not support it at all.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:40 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

yeah unfortunately it kind of is safe to cross Opeth off. if their studio start date is 1/31, which i've seen, it means they'd get off the ship, fly back to sweden that weekend, and have to be ready to record in only ONE DAY with jet lag and all that? no way, those guys are perfectionists and they would be rehearsing. i really would like opeth added but this recording schedule does not support it at all.

perfectionism and jet lag are indeed not a good match - flying back to Europe takes almost a whole day with the time difference involved
    (btw, there's something between 0 and 100 hours ;) )
    wishlist '20:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:16 pm

(btw, there's something between 0 and 100 hours ;) )

of course, but you really think Opeth is going to fly back to Sweden THAT weekend and be ready to roll in the studio on Monday? i just don't see it. i mean i LOVE opeth, and their being on the cruise would be a dream come true, but i just think we need to be realistic here.

Rhiannon <---- the dream crusher.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:21 pm

rhiawiz wrote:(btw, there's something between 0 and 100 hours ;) )

of course, but you really think Opeth is going to fly back to Sweden THAT weekend and be ready to roll in the studio on Monday? i just don't see it. i mean i LOVE opeth, and their being on the cruise would be a dream come true, but i just think we need to be realistic here.
    Rhiannon <---- the dream crusher.

as I wrote in my last post - it doesn't seem likely
    for a long time I had this feeling that they'll be there - but now I'd be surprised, too
    wishlist '20:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:

I REALLY LIKE THIS :cheers:

I almost just screamed with joy when reading this.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:40 pm

good and bad.
    Good- no annoying hot topic core bullshit :D
    Bad- less time at the bar and no feeding dani filth to the sharks :cry:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Just to get back to the whole opeth and rehearsal thing (not to play the devil's advocate per se, just something interesting), they actually do very minimal preparation before they go in to the studio. Songs are written, but no practice and no lyrics. All of the subtleties are added in once they get inspired in the studio. They just spend seven or eight weeks in there sorting out the kinks. Seems strange, but that apparently how they do it!
    Last edited by viathyn on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Well they would make my cruise by Adding Opeth. Dammit. Been listening to Watershed all morning. :) I have it on vinyl and then the special limited CD with DVD and bonus tracks. :D Also have both the DVD's they released. Laminations and The Roundhouse Tapes which are both fantastic........ I am a little bummed that Peter Lindgren left the band.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:23 pm

I have watershed on vinyl too! :cheers:

I really want to watch their 20th anniversary DVD they just put out... blackwater park in its entirety, followed by a second set featuring one song from each of their other albums in chronological order. :shock: :twisted:

Please check out my band

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:41 pm

viathyn wrote:I have watershed on vinyl too! :cheers:

I really want to watch their 20th anniversary DVD they just put out... blackwater park in its entirety, followed by a second set featuring one song from each of their other albums in chronological order. :shock: :twisted:

Just ordered it from The End Records. 2 DVD/3 CD version for 25 dollars including shipping. Cannot wait!!!!!!
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:50 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Also have both the DVD's they released. Laminations and The Roundhouse Tapes which are both fantastic........

Lamentations?

Though I guess the DVD could be covered in a finely-pressed plastic so as to improve the physical appearance of the album cover :cool:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm

hey, i'm a huge opeth fan, and if it turns out they are able to grace us with their almighty presence on the cruise despite their recording schedule, i'll scream just as joyously as anyone.
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 am

My penis will explode if somehow they'll be on the cruise as I'm such a huge fan.

So huge that I purchased the Opeth wooden box set a couple years ago. Unfortunately it got water damaged in the shipping.

Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
  • claudio
    Crewman

by claudio » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:10 am

Where will be the stages? I guess one will be outdoor on the swimming pool area and another will be indoor in the theatre. Where will be the third stage? :ugeek:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:48 am

viathyn wrote:I really want to watch their 20th anniversary DVD they just put out... blackwater park in its entirety, followed by a second set featuring one song from each of their other albums in chronological order. :shock: :twisted:

it seems to be a fantastic DVD - I dare to say so, even though I have only seen a few minutes, yet
    watch out for the girl who collapsed and had to be accompanied outside while Mikael said "because I am THAT good" - she'll be on the cruise, too :D
    wishlist '20:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:23 am

hahahaha solid.

First time I saw Opeth, Mikael quipped: "This morning I looked at myself in the mirror. I said.... 'Fuck Yes. I have a huge cock'."
    :lol:

Please check out my band

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 am

we once saw Opeth in Italy, but we were about the only ones who loved his announcements like "we are three devil-worshipers from Sweden" or "the next song is dedicated to Eros Ramazzotti" :D
    wishlist '20:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:44 am

viathyn wrote:hahahaha solid.

First time I saw Opeth, Mikael quipped: "This morning I looked at myself in the mirror. I said.... 'Fuck Yes. I have a huge cock'."

2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:51 am

debborah1 wrote:

AWWWW shiat, your back!!?
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:51 am

that's because objects may appear larger when viewed in the mirror :lol: :cheers:
  • Post Reply 4260 posts