Get King Diamond on Board!!!

by mfrap » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 am

How is this not a topic yet? :metalguy:
    jodionline
    Ensign

Re: Get King Diamond on Board!!!

by jodionline » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:19 am

Sorry not for me. :oops:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Melisandre
    Oiler

by Melisandre » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:29 am

I would love to see King Diamond
    AHAB / Primordial / Prong / Shape of Despair
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 am

This would be fantastic. Excellent theatrics.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 am

Maybe I'm mixing up KD with another group, but I thought he was ruled out for being a germaphobe / not wanting to be in a closed cruise ship environment, and so on. (?) And to the original poster - KD has been mentioned & requested on these forums a lot since 2010 - although maybe not lately.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 am

Theres a serious lack of people saying FUCK YEAH!!! in all caps. Wheres all the love for the King? :shred: :shred: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:08 am

I'm sure there are a lot of people on the cruise that love King DIamond.But there are also a lot of realists on the forum too.
    King Diamond isn't exactly a cheap booking for any festival and more than likely out of the cruise budget.Also he only plays at venues and festivals currently that can put on his full stage setup.and this stage setup is way too big to fit on any of the stages on the 70k cruise.maybe when they get a bigger ship it's a possibility though.
    On a side note i saw him play this year in Germany and was one of the best gigs i've been to.His vocals are so great live now he's quit smoking.Also they played Come to the Sabbath and Evil from Mercyful fate :D
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

MERCYFUL FATE REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :metalguy: :shred: :shred: :bmhorns: :bmhorns:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:49 pm

there we go :beerbang:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:50 pm

It would be incredible to see him added to the bill but it does seem highly unlikely. Let's hope Andy can pull some magic and make it happen.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

The one thing that has been sitting in the back of my mind all this time, is that the most expensive suites on the ship all were marked sold out VERY VERY early on.

The Grand Suites were all gone early April, and the Junior Suites in July.

This year, the Grands and Juniors did not sell out until JANUARY.

SO - did cruisers buy all these early??? OR, have they been allocated to some 'bigger' bands like a King Diamond?

Just some food for thought :)
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The one thing that has been sitting in the back of my mind all this time, is that the most expensive suites on the ship all were marked sold out VERY VERY early on.

SO - did cruisers buy all these early??? OR, have they been allocated to some 'bigger' bands like a King Diamond?

Good thought.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The one thing that has been sitting in the back of my mind all this time, is that the most expensive suites on the ship all were marked sold out VERY VERY early on.

Or.........LEMMY :metalguy:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I've got a fairly sacrilegeous thing to say that I've held off on for my 3.5 years on this forum. (at least prolly to some folks around here.) This is by no means an insult to fans of the band, but I've never understood the huge appeal (to some) of Motorhead. I've seen "em twice in recent years and I really don't get it. Yes, I enjoyed them to some extent, but there was zero WOW factor there. (Same when I saw Running Wild in 2009) And Lemmy? Legendary & a historic figure or not, I think he is waaaay too far past his prime at this point.

Ok, I'm sorry for that offensive post. :oops: :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Laura wrote:I've got a fairly sacrilegeous thing to say that I've held off on for my 3.5 years on this forum. (at least prolly to some folks around here.) This is by no means an insult to fans of the band, but I've never understood the huge appeal (to some) of Motorhead. I've seen "em twice in recent years and I really don't get it. Yes, I enjoyed them to some extent, but there was zero WOW factor there. (Same when I saw Running Wild in 2009) And Lemmy? Legendary & a historic figure or not, I think he is waaaay too far past his prime at this point.

I agree. I have all the respect in the world for motorhead. However, not a huge fan. I would love to meet Lemmy though.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Never bought a single Motorhead album.

Never listened to a full Motorhead album.

Heard a few songs here and there, but zero appeal to me as well.

To each his own, and I respect the influence they've had on the genre, but just as so many people don't like the 'weenie' metal I listen to, I don't like Motorhead.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Laura wrote:I've got a fairly sacrilegeous thing to say that I've held off on for my 3.5 years on this forum. (at least prolly to some folks around here.) This is by no means an insult to fans of the band, but I've never understood the huge appeal (to some) of Motorhead. I've seen "em twice in recent years and I really don't get it. Yes, I enjoyed them to some extent, but there was zero WOW factor there. (Same when I saw Running Wild in 2009) And Lemmy? Legendary & a historic figure or not, I think he is waaaay too far past his prime at this point.

Well i heard that the Running Wild farewell show was quite bad.At the time they were supposed to be working on a new album.None of the other members of Running Wild had known that the band was 'retiring' it's something that Rolf decided and the other band members didn't find out till last minute.
    Motorhead have some great songs.Ace of Spades is one of their worst in my opinion.Such a boring song.Thing about Motorhead is they have a higher ratio of boring average songs to good songs and considering the amount of albums they have made it's quite understandable why people 'don't get them.

Aftershock sounds better than any album they have written in a long time.Unfortunatly due to Lemmys health issues the vocals are extremly bad.You can barely hear them on the album too.To be honest the way things are going at the moment ther is a big question mark looming over will anybody see Motorhead play live again.The answer is probably no.
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:19 am

I totally agree with you :)

Motörhead is just extremely boring and that guy is more dead than alive, so is his performance..

Same with King Diamond. I don't know them but everybody is so praising about it, that I watched the show on Tuska.. well.. horrible!!
    It was só false!!!

I know they're big names and some of the first metal bands and such, but if you can't put on a proper show anymore, then don't.
    www.metal-exposure.com
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:07 am

Ingrid wrote:

I totally agree with you :)

Motörhead is just extremely boring and that guy is more dead than alive, so is his performance..

Same with King Diamond. I don't know them but everybody is so praising about it, that I watched the show on Tuska.. well.. horrible!!
    It was só false!!!

I know they're big names and some of the first metal bands and such, but if you can't put on a proper show anymore, then don't.

I sign all that KD is the most boring music ever, and Lemmy look's wacken that he is ready to grave
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:46 am

markku1 wrote:I sign all that KD is the most boring music ever...

:shock:

I've never heard another vocalist like him but maybe they're a dime a dozen in other parts of the world.

Despite not being booked for this year, I fully support the King being on any future cruise but will withhold formal support until the spelling of this thread title is corrected!

What has happened to the guardians of our forum culture?!?!?!? :evil:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 pm

KD is totally fucking awesome and so is Mercyful Fate.

Great horror lyrics, unique vocals, good live show, melody/riffing/emotion/etc all present in the songs. 99.999999% of bands wish they could create something like Abigail, let alone the whole streak from Oath to Eye.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 am

MLH wrote:KD is totally fucking awesome and so is Mercyful Fate.

Great horror lyrics, unique vocals, good live show, melody/riffing/emotion/etc all present in the songs. 99.999999% of bands wish they could create something like Abigail, let alone the whole streak from Oath to Eye.

absolutely agree. show me one band anything like MF or KD that wasn't made to copy their sound. totally unique, and they put on a stellar performance. most cruise ships are for seniors so I'm sure they have geriatric care available. we might just see a King D or Lemmy on the boat one day :mrgreen:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:01 am

As much as I would love to, I don't think it's realistic to expect him onbroad. We should make realistic requests like HELL!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:42 am

Stained Class wrote:As much as I would love to, I don't think it's realistic to expect him onbroad. We should make realistic requests like HELL!!

That new stuff is great also! Like the 1st album. Some of the better stuff that has come out last years.
Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1