Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
Hidden Christmas Gift?
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

Hidden Christmas Gift?

by SpaceSlug » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:32 pm

I may be reading WAY too much into this but..

On the post Andy says there may be Fireworks. Capital F. And he says the album Digital Dictator will be played.. album title is ALL CAPS. So, I looked on that album and found a track called : Towns on Fire.

The lyrics of Towns on Fire reference "the ladies of the metal" . If you google Ladies of Metal there is some sort of group or whatever of basically Pro-Metal models that you can book.
    Check out the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ladiesofmetal

This seems like a special guest sort of thing that a boat full of metal-heads could enjoy right? Maybe? Well.. I am putting it out there for an admin to read, confirm, and congratulate me for following Andy's breadcrumbs.
    onenight
    Midshipman

Re: Hidden Christmas Gift?

by onenight » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:42 pm

SpaceSlug wrote:I may be reading WAY too much into this but..

On the post Andy says there may be Fireworks. Capital F. And he says the album Digital Dictator will be played.. album title is ALL CAPS. So, I looked on that album and found a track called : Towns on Fire.

The lyrics of Towns on Fire reference "the ladies of the metal" . If you google Ladies of Metal there is some sort of group or whatever of basically Pro-Metal models that you can book.

This seems like a special guest sort of thing that a boat full of metal-heads could enjoy right? Maybe? Well.. I am putting it out there for an admin to read, confirm, and congratulate me for following Andy's breadcrumbs.

Yep, your reading WAY to much into that. I don't think Andy's that complicated.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:49 pm

onenight wrote:

Yep, your reading WAY to much into that. I don't think Andy's that complicated.

I don't think he is either but I am bored, hopeful for any sort of news and just making up my own news until then. :D
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:49 pm

I don't think so either but if that winds up being right I'm buying you a drink :bangers:
    Although, Andy did say "what's that stench?" On September 27 and then announced Pungent Stench 3 months later on December 27th. Woah, I never noticed that. Maybe there is more to him than we give him credit for. Kamelot cancellation was made official November 8th, maybe we'll get a power metal announcement on January 8th. Definitely reading into it too much :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:09 pm

"Any more hidden gifts before the year is out?"

Apparently not.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Dimma wrote:"Any more hidden gifts before the year is out?"

Apparently not.

I still think we're gonna get a "new years" announcement with fireworks and band logos in the next 4-6 hours.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Apparently not.

I still think we're gonna get a "new years" announcement with fireworks and band logos in the next 4-6 hours.

I'm a gonna say NO :P

Tomorrow.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Apparently not.

I'm a gonna say NO :P

Tomorrow.

Really? I thought they happened on fridays?

Oh yeah, it's thursday. Shut up. You win this round Statsman!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:27 pm

HEHEHE :)

We have had 2 Thursday announcements - Leaves' Eyes and Finntroll.

7 of the last 8 announcements however have been either Monday or Friday.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:23 am

SpaceSlug wrote:
    And he says the album Digital Dictator will be played.. album title is ALL CAPS.

Do you guys know any band called Digital Dictator? :?
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:00 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    SpaceSlug wrote:
    And he says the album Digital Dictator will be played.. album title is ALL CAPS.

Do you guys know any band called Digital Dictator? :?

That was the first thing I tried. Metal Archives doesn't list any Digital Dictator so if there is a band out there with that name it likely isn't a band we would want on board. But regardless I didn't find any bands. I am still clinging to my metal models :D

At least Andy will have to clear this up SOOOOOON. We have basically 20 days until all bands would have to be announced. So, let's hope for a Friday special today ?
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 am

I imagine we'll get a whole bunch announced at once pretty quick.
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:58 am

definitely I don't think Andy may be so complicated but also definitely It would be great to have this beautiful ladies on-broad

Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:47 am

Ladies of Metal.. could that mean... we'll have the iron maidens this year?
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:57 am

SpaceSlug wrote:And he says the album Digital Dictator will be played.. album title is ALL CAPS.

[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Dictator
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 am

Mr.Kito wrote:Ladies of Metal.. could that mean... we'll have the iron maidens this year?

That would be great too, I talked with Courtney last January and she said it was possible and they wanted to be on board :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1