Post Reply 99 posts
Prices onboard??
  • NJDevil
    Wiper

Re: Prices onboard??

by NJDevil » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:09 pm

My drink tabs the last two cruises were $270 and $375 :shock: so this is good news for me. And that was only beer, maybe a few shots thrown in!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:51 pm

On barge I didn't watch as many bands so I racked up like 600. I could definitely use a package.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Stained Class wrote:On barge I didn't watch as many bands so I racked up like 600. I could definitely use a package.

mine was around $300 and I was drunk all the time.. few beers, many tequila-red bull ... what did you drink?? :shock: :lol:
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Captain Alex wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:On barge I didn't watch as many bands so I racked up like 600. I could definitely use a package.

mine was around $300 and I was drunk all the time.. few beers, many tequila-red bull ... what did you drink?? :shock: :lol:

:lol: I dono man. It's not what I drank it's how much. And how much was a lot.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Stained Class wrote: :lol: I dono man. It's not what I drank it's how much. And how much was a lot.

then we shouldn't expect less than the same attitude this year :heavydrink:
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Everytime I see people complain about beer prices on boat, reminds me of this. From our Soundwave festival, in 2011. $AU8 for a mid-strength, CRAP, beer. THREE YEARS AGO!

Believe me, prices on boat could be far worse :D

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:03 pm

gietz wrote:I actually emailed them about this just before new year and got the reply a few days

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for writing back to us!

Drink packages will be available to purchase after you complete your Online Check-In. Please note that the types and availability of packages offered are subject to change at any time and are purchased directly through Royal Caribbean.

We will be sending your Online Check-In invitation in the coming weeks.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at any time!

Cheers,

Seems like the do have packages, and one can only assume they would be the same as the ones listed

in the coming weeks means no.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:04 pm

I can't believe they would offer packages for us knowing the sales in previous years.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 am

cowboy71 wrote:Everytime I see people complain about beer prices on boat, reminds me of this. From our Soundwave festival, in 2011. $AU8 for a mid-strength, CRAP, beer. THREE YEARS AGO!

Believe me, prices on boat could be far worse :D

8 AUD for a beer? Damn, that's cheap for a festival! Here the usual festival price is around 7 euros for a 0,4 litre cup of crappy 4,5% macro lager.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:03 am

Oh, a bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, if you can find it in a pub in Helsinki , is usually 7,5 euros ($10) - the price on the boat is cheap.
    Wishlist:
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:34 am

Hmmm... if the packages are available I for one will definitely go for the unlimited $65 deal. I need this confirmed! Damnit! :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • Neo
    Oiler

by Neo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:54 am

Stained Class wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Good beer is 7 bucks.

Which beer was $7? Sam Adams was $5...maybe because I bought buckets???

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. That was my drink most of the trip. Pale Ale during the day, Margaritas at night.

also Fosters is more expensive.
    Cabine 2013: 9564
    Cabine 2014: 9536
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:05 am

i bought the whole journey to my wife, so she has to pay my drinks...lol...
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:02 am

Neo wrote:

:lol: that's cus they come in giant cans. Per volume it's the cheapest beer isn't it? That's why it always sells out so fast.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Neo
    Oiler

by Neo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:05 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Neo wrote:

:lol: that's cus they come in giant cans. Per volume it's the cheapest beer isn't it? That's why it always sells out so fast.

no, its not the cheapest. I do not have to go so many times to the bar - only reason for me ;-)
  • Neo
    Oiler

by Neo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 am

yes, it are 750 ml.
    As I am a bavarian, I am Ok with the beer - important not to go so often to the bar.
    also: If its really fucking cold you can drink almost every beer. After the 10th beer at noon it gets less worse. Try it! :-)
  • Neo
    Oiler

by Neo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:16 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Don't care how cold it gets, cold only lessens taste, I'll rather go for a luke warm awesome tasting beer than a cold crap tasting one.
    And luckliy the attendants/servers pass by, so most of the times I donät even need to go to the bar myself anyhow.

Not saying nobody else may drink or even like Fosters, just saying I will select a smaller and more expensive beer over a larger cheaper one if I like the former better than the latter.

no problem - more fosters for me! ;-)
  • Thiago
    Oiler

by Thiago » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:20 pm

If these packages are actually available, which beers are included? Checked the royal caribbean website, and it says it doesn't include the ones listed as "specialty" on bar menus.

Does this mean that just draft "american piss" beers like Bud Light are included or at least the Sierra Nevada will be part of the package as well?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Thiago wrote:If these packages are actually available, which beers are included? Checked the royal caribbean website, and it says it doesn't include the ones listed as "specialty" on bar menus.

Does this mean that just draft "american piss" beers like Bud Light are included or at least the Sierra Nevada will be part of the package as well?

Quick Google search leads me to this: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/a-royal-response-to-frequently-asked-questions/

The beers excluded from our classic and premium packages are: Foster’s, Grolsch, Sam Adams Double Bock, Chimay Blue and Sam Adams Imperial White. Our whiskey’s a included in our Premium Drink Package are: Wakefield, Canadian Club, Seagram’s VO, Jameson, Crown Royal, Crown Royal Reserve and Jack Daniel’s. Additionally, we also have Crown Royal Extra Rare and WistlePig Straight Rye onboard but they are not available in our Premium Liquor Package. We hope this helps and look forward to seeing you onboard.

The Q&A session is a bit old so things may have changed but at least gives us an idea.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Ah, no drink packages for me then.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Another note: Don't think the drink packages will apply to buying buckets of beer. It states in the FAQ that only one drink may be ordered at a time (to prevent sharing of course).

Royal Caribbean used to have a rule where every person in the stateroom had to purchase a drink package if one was to, but it seems like they have (thankfully) eliminated it.

More info available here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/subject.do?faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq
    I should get around to updating my signature
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:45 pm

I emailed RC about this and the representative that answered me said that the packages should be available for 70000 tons. Just book online when checking in was what he said. :givebeer:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:59 am

I went through the FAQ and I think most beers are included (except for the big Foster's cans and some expensive beers like Chimay). And if you order more than one drink at a time, you'll get one with the package and the rest will be charged. So buying beer by the bucket is not included. Neither is buying rounds in the Boleros during karaoke.

Last year my bar tab was well under $100, so I guess taking the premium package would make me a better customer for Royal Caribbean. Not sure what it would do to my dental hygiene without the mouthwash. :lol:

But, yeah, I guess we'll know if the packages are available in the coming weeks.
    Wishlist:
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:36 am

no, its not the cheapest. I do not have to go so many times to the bar - only reason for me ;-)

Cheapest per alcohol per volume contents it has

That's why all the bands were drinking it, and they're cheapskates.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:14 am

Memnoch wrote:I went through the FAQ and I think most beers are included (except for the big Foster's cans and some expensive beers like Chimay). And if you order more than one drink at a time, you'll get one with the package and the rest will be charged. So buying beer by the bucket is not included. Neither is buying rounds in the Boleros during karaoke.

Last year my bar tab was well under $100, so I guess taking the premium package would make me a better customer for Royal Caribbean. Not sure what it would do to my dental hygiene without the mouthwash. :lol:

But, yeah, I guess we'll know if the packages are available in the coming weeks.

I paid cash each time I asked for a beer....
    metal4ever
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 pm

broegaard wrote:I paid cash each time I asked for a beer....

WHAT ??? :?
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:23 pm

epartos wrote:I emailed RC about this and the representative that answered me said that the packages should be available for 70000 tons. Just book online when checking in was what he said. :givebeer:

YESSSSSSSSS !!!
    InvertedMag
    Oiler

by InvertedMag » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:30 pm

I just checked in online and it wouldn't let me book any beverage packages :cry: :givebeer:
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:47 pm

InvertedMag wrote:I just checked in online and it wouldn't let me book any beverage packages :cry: :givebeer:

Were you able to view your cruise on the site? I tried and there was a message that only cruises that were booked through Royal are listed. And for this you are not in the on line check in screen that 70000 sent, you need to create another acount with Royal then you are able to add your cruise. If it's anything like Carnival, then your cruise will show and you can go in and add shore excursions and I am thinking the drink packages to it. I was too tired to deal with it tonight. Am probably gonna call Royal tomorrow and have them walk me through adding my cruise. I should have done it when I set up the user name and password but now I can't figure out how to get back into the screen to add my cruise. Anyone else already done this?
    InvertedMag
    Oiler

by InvertedMag » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:06 pm

No dice. It shows the beverage package but gives me this error "Online sales for Alcohol Packages are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date. Please note that certain itineraries preclude online sales, but all packages can be purchased onboard ships for sailing's with 4 or more nights." I sent them an email so we will see.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:30 am

I checked and you can't purchase any of the non-alcoholic packages either. Same error message.
    Wishlist:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:15 am

Of course you will not be able to purchase package from Royal C. without permission from UMC.
    It's not RC cruise. They leased the boat to UMC, that's why we all sign contract with UMC and check-in through UMC. UMC negotiated fixed price per person & that's what they pay to RC. Since we can't purchase alcohol package is safe to assume UMC gets part of the booze profit as well.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:09 am

No, we check in through RCL, UMC just provides us with the reservation codes that they get from RCL. Basically, UMC is our travel agency who's selling tickets to a RCL cruise. That's why we get the same gold status with RCL as we would going on a normal cruise.
    And, as pointed out earlier, you can't buy a soda package either and there's no reason for those not to be sold - like they have been on all previous cruises. The error message states: "Please note that certain itineraries preclude online sales, but all packages can be purchased onboard ships for sailing's with 4 or more nights."
    Wishlist:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:26 am

Memnoch wrote:No, we check in through RCL, UMC just provides us with the reservation codes that they get from RCL. Basically, UMC is our travel agency who's selling tickets to a RCL cruise. That's why we get the same gold status with RCL as we would going on a normal cruise.
    And, as pointed out earlier, you can't buy a soda package either and there's no reason for those not to be sold - like they have been on all previous cruises. The error message states: "Please note that certain itineraries preclude online sales, but all packages can be purchased onboard ships for sailing's with 4 or more nights."

Would be sweet, so let see.
    I still did not get acceptance of my previous UMC cruises for gold status. Sent dozens of emails and nothing.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:43 am

While surfing the interweb I found this, it's for the Allure of the Seas, so there are also pics for a wine dispenser, but the menu prices for all the other bars are the same. This will be very helpful for any newcomer !!!

drink menus for the bars on broad
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 am

Ummmm Birgit they did not ever have all that beer on our cruises. The highest proof was the Guiness extra in bottle (Eric and I are drinking in my avatar). Those were 7.5% abv. That sure would be nice if they did have tripel at 9%. Mmmmmm
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:54 am

From what I remember it changed slightly every year so maybe they will have some of that now.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:23 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Ummmm Birgit they did not ever have all that beer on our cruises. The highest proof was the Guiness extra in bottle (Eric and I are drinking in my avatar). Those were 7.5% abv. That sure would be nice if they did have tripel at 9%. Mmmmmm

potAto - potato - it was more to show about the prices :mrgreen:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Oh ok, well i should have stayed out of this thread, since I do not care or notice prices when on the cruise. I order whatever I want and in a drunken stupor- sign the fucking tab slip. :party:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:39 pm

I love metal and beer!