something to say... We were all on the ship
    with you, and each of us had an awesome
    time. If you did not then, YOU ARE DOING IT
    WRONG!!!!
  • Laura
    Commander

Re: A open message to the skipper.

by Laura » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:10 am

I have ZERO complaints about the two 70ks I went on in 2011 & 2012 - amazing, outstanding experiences (hence, why I've named them 70,000 Tons of Awesome in my sig).

Having said that, and sorry to be a Debbie Downer...but, that six month silence leading up to 70K 2014 (and other periods prior to the other cruises) was odd at best, and *completely* ridiculous & inexcusable at worst.

Maybe some people are more forgiving on that count than others, but I'm gonna continue to sit out any UMC cruises for at least a few more years partly for that reason & to see if things improve (also to do some other awesome trips in the meantime...my travel "bucket list" grows longer by the day :beerwink: ).
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:15 am

I am ready to be a six timer
    Was a great time again.
    We all know by now how this show is run.
    I will book again!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Just because "we know how this show is run" doesn't make it cool or acceptable to treat customers like hell leading up to the event. Of course the cruise was great, but I am with Laura, it doesn't excuse the 6 months of nonsense leading up to it. That said, it is water under the bridge now and if the Liberty of The Seas is the boat for next year, it makes it pretty likely that we'll book again (I really was tiring of the rustbucket Majesty). I certainly won't book right out of the gates this time though.

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 pm

I never said it was cool to have six months of silence.
    Do not get me wrong, I was pissed as well
    But the show does go on and this year they had more problems than ever and they did do a kinda good job on keeping things going.
    But do I need to see the full line up before I book?
    Hell No!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:15 pm

yeah, they managed the last day's band schedule well despite the Pooldeck being unavailable. Man, did anyone see that rain around 10:30 am on Thursday, It was like a F'ing hurricane. Pretty sure I watched more rain in 10 minutes than I have seen here where I live in the last 5 years and I am really not exaggerating much, it was impressive for an arid state dweller.

Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Just because "we know how this show is run" doesn't make it cool or acceptable to treat customers like hell leading up to the event. Of course the cruise was great, but I am with Laura, it doesn't excuse the 6 months of nonsense leading up to it. That said, it is water under the bridge now and if the Liberty of The Seas is the boat for next year, it makes it pretty likely that we'll book again (I really was tiring of the rustbucket Majesty). I certainly won't book right out of the gates this time though.

The idea of a new ship is very exciting to me. Craig - lol on your "rustbucket" Majesty comment (I agree). Also - re the booking - I agree with you. Even if one chooses to wait until the 11th hour to book, there are always those last minute folks who are desperate to dump their spots for this or that reason - it seems like there was more of that prior to this year's cruise than previous cruises. A considerably bigger ship, more cabins, more people spells even more of that in the future it would seem.

And to underscore the *primary* reason why 70K will never be an annual thing for me is that there are too many other people, places, & things "calling my name" so to speak. Maybe if I had all the time & money in the world and could do several trips a year... but, I don't so... :beerwink:

See you all in 2016 or 2017??? :P
    ....or should I think about an even 20....20. 2020 - I'm liking the sound of that. :beerbang: :trashdrink: :lol:
    Last edited by Laura on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:33 pm

The only points I disagree on are he CAN control how much complaining there is to a certain degree by not giving us so much to complain about (6 months of silence).

That said, I agree with everything else. Andy really does poor his entire being into this cruise and we do appreciate it. I know he's going to do a better job this year and I do really appreciate the fact that he addressed some of these issues in his speech. The fact that he brought Cripper back, continuously booked bands in the subgenres that the most people were complaining about not having enough of, etc does prove that he does listen to us and care about us. So, thank you again Andy/everyone at UMC and I truely hope I can continue being a regular to every event you guys throw!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Stained Class wrote:The only points I disagree on are he CAN control how much complaining there is to a certain degree by not giving us so much to complain about (6 months of silence).

That said, I agree with everything else. Andy really does poor his entire being into this cruise and we do appreciate it. I know he's going to do a better job this year and I do really appreciate the fact that he addressed some of these issues in his speech. The fact that he brought Cripper back, continuously booked bands in the subgenres that the most people were complaining about not having enough of, etc does prove that he does listen to us and care about us. So, thank you again Andy/everyone at UMC and I truely hope I can continue being a regular to every event you guys throw!

well said.

And for the record, I would be just fine with Cripper being the 70K "house band" and showing up every 70K from here on out.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:34 pm

I didn't get a chance to talk to the skipper. Spoke at length with Caitlyn and Vincent though - nice people.

If I can offer up some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

- crowd surfing. Don't think it works on the cruise. Think we need an official policy on this. Security are being lambasted for this and I don't think they are to blame.
    - smoke machines. in the Spectrum. WHAT. THE. HELL? Its like the thought was "its hard enough for the crowd to see the band in there, so how do we make it harder? I know! SMOKE MACHINES!" Not cool. Plus - the smoke machines in addition to the OVER USED strobe lights gave me a killer migraine headache on the final night.
    - In fact I cannot remember which band it was, but on the last night the lead singer screamed "KILL THE FUCKING STROBE LIGHTS!"
    - Costa Maya.
    - Pool deck surface - was it just me, or was it WAY slipperier this year?
    - photographers in the photo pit for ENTIRE SETS. NOT. COOL. There was one guy who was front of stage the entire second Xandria set, holding his camera up in Dianne's face, AND USING THE FLASH!
    - still waiting for my "special GOLD Status present." :P

I don't want to come across all negative though! IN SPITE of the above, it was epic!! Caught my first ever drumsticks(!!), did the wall of death for the first (and last LOL!) time, saw some of THE BEST SHOWS OF ANY 70K cruise, and had an amazing time.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:05 pm

cowboy71 wrote:- photographers in the photo pit for ENTIRE SETS. NOT. COOL. There was one guy who was front of stage the entire second Xandria set, holding his camera up in Dianne's face, AND USING THE FLASH!

I completely agree! The photographers during the second Xandria set were very annoying. One of the girls wasn't even taking pictures, she just stood there watching them until the end of the set. The smoke machines were also pretty bad at that show and I didn't get a single good picture.

There was another show I saw in Chorus Line where a photographer stood right in front of me and looked through the last 20+ pictures she just took. If you're gonna look through the pictures, either step aside or crouch down, don't stand in front of the fans.

And what the hell is the special gold present???
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:17 pm

a bunch of people were talking about a $100 credit on their tabs... I assume that was the gold present
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:- smoke machines. in the Spectrum. WHAT. THE. HELL? Its like the thought was "its hard enough for the crowd to see the band in there, so how do we make it harder? I know! SMOKE MACHINES!" Not cool. Plus - the smoke machines in addition to the OVER USED strobe lights gave me a killer migraine headache on the final night.
    - In fact I cannot remember which band it was, but on the last night the lead singer screamed "KILL THE FUCKING STROBE LIGHTS!"

I heard at least two bands complain on stage about the strobe lights. The smoke machines sucked when I was up front and wanted to see the band without breathing in potentially harmful chemicals from the fake smoke. Hopefully, it's non-toxic.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    DrAmygdala
    Petty Officer

by DrAmygdala » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:38 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:a bunch of people were talking about a $100 credit on their tabs... I assume that was the gold present

Well I certainly didn't receive a $100 credit, so if that was the gold present, I got screwed :(
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:47 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:a bunch of people were talking about a $100 credit on their tabs... I assume that was the gold present

They may well have just got:

- Receive USD 50.00 Onboard Spending Credit for every new paying passenger you refer
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:16 am

cowboy71 wrote:

They may well have just got:

- Receive USD 50.00 Onboard Spending Credit for every new paying passenger you refer

The organization did a good job on the rain s**t .

The rain in the last day was good for one reason only: Have a good contingency plan for 2015.
    metal4ever
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:49 pm

DrAmygdala wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:- photographers in the photo pit for ENTIRE SETS. NOT. COOL. There was one guy who was front of stage the entire second Xandria set, holding his camera up in Dianne's face, AND USING THE FLASH!

I completely agree! The photographers during the second Xandria set were very annoying. One of the girls wasn't even taking pictures, she just stood there watching them until the end of the set. The smoke machines were also pretty bad at that show and I didn't get a single good picture.

There was another show I saw in Chorus Line where a photographer stood right in front of me and looked through the last 20+ pictures she just took. If you're gonna look through the pictures, either step aside or crouch down, don't stand in front of the fans.

Even the other photographers (like myself) found this annoying.
    Everyone with a press wristband is allowed into the photopit.
    They only allow a certain amount of people in there at once, and it it's full you have to wait in line.
    Press people who aren't photographers but standing there with phones and tablets and are just standing there are extremely annoying.
    I was surprised as well that we were allowed into the pit during the entire set :?
    www.metal-exposure.com
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:52 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    "KILL THE FUCKING STROBE LIGHTS!"

1000000000000% AGREE
    Kill the fucking strobe lights. Last day in Spectrum they just flushed randomly, preventing me from seeing The Haunted famous mosh & my son singing Hate with Marco.
    I HAD to miss all Thursday night shows in Spectrum due to the fucking strobe light. It was me, pathetic sitting at the end of the Spectrum bar, just to hear my music.

The strobe lights trigger my cluster headache :cry: :cry: :cry:

The smoke machines fucked up my pictures and slippery surface was dangerous. The "undressed" girls in the Windjammer only helped me to skip eating :twisted:

For the rest cruise was as great as expected.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:41 am

DrAmygdala wrote:

Well I certainly didn't receive a $100 credit, so if that was the gold present, I got screwed :(

Me neither, but then again this was only my fourth cruise so far. :P

I did notice RCCL hasn't charged me for at least two or three times I bought drinks. Should I file a complaint? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Yeah I had my biggest bar tab ever this time around (~$400), and didn't see any charges taken off. I, too, am very curious about that loyalty present.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:04 pm

viathyn wrote:Yeah I had my biggest bar tab ever this time around (~$400), and didn't see any charges taken off. I, too, am very curious about that loyalty present.

Those flip cup buckets apparently added up hahaha :party:
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:20 pm

My bar tab was the most I've ever spent also and the least drunk I've ever been $319… so much Starbucks.
    Such student, much poor, very bar tab… wow.

Other than that, I think this was my best year so far and I intend to make next year even better :)
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Average bar tab, definitely the most drunk I've ever been though. Probably because I drank all the vodka...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 pm

The image of you walking down the schooner bar holding an open rum runner flat on your upturned palm in front of you while stumbling like a zombie will remain with me until the end of days.

My contraband gin and scotch and all the tequila in mexico really sealed the deal for drunkenness for me! PLus the 400 bucks in beer.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 pm

viathyn wrote:The image of you walking down the schooner bar holding an open rum runner flat on your upturned palm in front of you while stumbling like a zombie will remain with me until the end of days.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am so proud of my blacked out self.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:24 pm

I only spent $230. Starting to think more drinks were bought for me than I bought for myself :givebeer:
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I didn't get a chance to talk to the skipper. Spoke at length with Caitlyn and Vincent though - nice people.

- crowd surfing. Don't think it works on the cruise. Think we need an official policy on this. Security are being lambasted for this and I don't think they are to blame.
    - smoke machines. in the Spectrum. WHAT. THE. HELL? Its like the thought was "its hard enough for the crowd to see the band in there, so how do we make it harder? I know! SMOKE MACHINES!" Not cool. Plus - the smoke machines in addition to the OVER USED strobe lights gave me a killer migraine headache on the final night.
    - Costa Maya.
    - photographers in the photo pit for ENTIRE SETS. NOT. COOL. There was one guy who was front of stage the entire second Xandria set, holding his camera up in Dianne's face, AND USING THE FLASH!

I don't want to come across all negative though! IN SPITE of the above, it was epic!! Caught my first ever drumsticks(!!), did the wall of death for the first (and last LOL!) time, saw some of THE BEST SHOWS OF ANY 70K cruise, and had an amazing time.

Agreed- the smoke machines on the pool deck and Spectrum were way out of hand. I didn't get close enough to smell the stuff- or I would have got a headache- but all that smoke made the visibility SUCK. Also yes, the strobe lights in the Spectrum were fucking annoying. I think 2 bands might have commented on it. That being said I had a great time on the cruise and really enjoyed all the shows I attended and how friendly and accessible all the bands were.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:53 pm

"Kill the fucking strobe lights!" Yeah, that was Geoff Thorpe during Vicious Rumors' 2nd set.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Oh yeah, my hats go off to UMC for being able to pull of the 4th day with minimal problems. The torrential downpour made a mess of everything and equipment got pretty fucked but somehow all of the bands played. Sure, some sets were cut short, but the is quite understandable. I considered it a complete miracle that all the bands played at all on that day. While the conflicts killed me at times, I still had a great fucking time. Thanks to all who made that happen.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 am

The only thing the set back did for me on day 4 was allow me more drinking time between bands which as a person who was trying to hit up as many shows as possible, I didnt really get alot of drinking time in. Not that that was a bad thing but sometimes you just wanna party hardy! :belly:
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I didn't get a chance to talk to the skipper. Spoke at length with Caitlyn and Vincent though - nice people.

- Costa Maya.

I agree with the photographers taking far too long in the photo area as well. There was only one time I was tapped on the shoulder and asked to rotate out by the security staff which I did. But often I would watch and see people spending almost the entire set. Having a 3 song limit then going back in would not be a bad thing. The main security guy at the Spectrum mentioned that as well as he was saying he would try to make it fair for all photographers as well as the people up front wanting a good view.
Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1