Post Reply 385 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2015?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2015?

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Conrad wrote:You can officially rule out Van Canto. I saw Ross comment on a friends status saying they will unfortunately never get to play there, so I asked him about it tonight. Apparently Andy posted a message on a German forum telling everyone to stop asking for them because he'll never get them because he thinks they're an embarrassment to metal.

Seriously? What a dick move :(

What that means though is that my top two bucket list bands (Within Temptation and Van Canto) will most likely never be on 70k.

Makes a return trip far less likely, and increases the likelihood of our next overseas adventure being Europe.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Conrad wrote:You can officially rule out Van Canto. I saw Ross comment on a friends status saying they will unfortunately never get to play there, so I asked him about it tonight. Apparently Andy posted a message on a German forum telling everyone to stop asking for them because he'll never get them because he thinks they're an embarrassment to metal.

Yeah. That's what Ross told me after the gig tonight. He said he'd love to play there, but Andy just doesn't like them as a band.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Conrad wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Yeah. That's what Ross told me after the gig tonight. He said he'd love to play there, but Andy just doesn't like them as a band.

Oh well - they performed the first Wakken Full Metal Cruise, and they'll no doubt do that again so maybe my wife and I will aim to do that cruise next time Van Canto play it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:24 pm

How does that make Within Temptation ruled out? I don't understand the connection.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Conrad wrote:How does that make Within Temptation ruled out? I don't understand the connection.

No specific connection sorry - just that I do not think WT would ever do 70K :)

So combine that, with the fact that Andy has told me he won't book Magnum as they are not "metal", well the likelihood of me doing 70k again is getting less and less.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Big bummer if true, but I'm seeing Van Canto at least three times this year anyway, so I'll survive.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 am

cowboy71 wrote:So combine that, with the fact that Andy has told me he won't book Magnum as they are not "metal", well the likelihood of me doing 70k again is getting less and less.

What part of Victory and / or Bonfire is metal?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:32 am

NuuX wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:So combine that, with the fact that Andy has told me he won't book Magnum as they are not "metal", well the likelihood of me doing 70k again is getting less and less.

What part of Victory and / or Bonfire is metal?

Right. And Delain. I don't understand his business decisions.

So what if he doesn't like them, they're on a lot of peoples wish lists, he's running a business and so is it not a good idea to give the customers what they want? Who asked for Chimaira? :?

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Conrad wrote:How does that make Within Temptation ruled out? I don't understand the connection.

No specific connection sorry - just that I do not think WT would ever do 70K :)

What's your reason for thinking that?

2019 Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:58 am

Conrad wrote:And Delain.

Hey, hands off Delain! :D
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Conrad wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

And to clear this up here as well. Ross saw the promotor for Progpower respond to a topic and mistook him for Andy. I dont think Andy ever clearly stated that he does not like a band and does not want them ombroad.
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Digimortal wrote:And to clear this up here as well. Ross saw the promotor for Progpower respond to a topic and mistook him for Andy. I dont think Andy ever clearly stated that he does not like a band and does not want them ombroad.

That sounds right. Glenn H. has made no secret of the fact that he dislikes Van Canto.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Digimortal wrote:
    And to clear this up here as well. Ross saw the promotor for Progpower respond to a topic and mistook him for Andy. I dont think Andy ever clearly stated that he does not like a band and does not want them ombroad.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Wonder if Andy will try really hard to book Van Canto now? :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:51 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:

Apologies to Andy for the confusion. There is still hope :-)

2019 Wishlist:
  • Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:

I hope so. They are awesome live and would like to be onbroad!
    Survivor of:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:13 am

You could probably add Dark Tranquility & Insomnium to the list as they are touring North America during the cruise.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Sgt. B wrote:You could probably add Dark Tranquility & Insomnium to the list as they are touring North America during the cruise.

:cry: :cry:

No dates south or east of Texas and Virginia on that tour, too. :evil:

Oh, well, I put 'em on my "expanded" sponsor wish-list for ProgPower USA 2015. Would love to see 'em someday.
    Last edited by Pellaz on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Sgt. B wrote:You could probably add Dark Tranquility & Insomnium to the list as they are touring North America during the cruise.

Presumably, this also means no Omnium Gatherum.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:08 am

BTW, Tankard will not be playing the cruise this year. They have already announced a few shows they are playing somewhere in South America on the weekend of the cruise. My hopes of having the Big German 4 have been crushed.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:07 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:BTW, Tankard will not be playing the cruise this year. They have already announced a few shows they are playing somewhere in South America on the weekend of the cruise. My hopes of having the Big German 4 have been crushed.

Spain actually according to Last.fm. So yep, officially ruling them out. Sorry for ya man :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:BTW, Tankard will not be playing the cruise this year. They have already announced a few shows they are playing somewhere in South America on the weekend of the cruise. My hopes of having the Big German 4 have been crushed.

Spain actually according to Last.fm. So yep, officially ruling them out. Sorry for ya man :(

Spain!? :lol: Ok, not South America I guess, but definitely not on the boat. :lol: Anyway, took them off my signature this year to make requests for more plausible bands.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:06 am

Epica and Dragonforce are out, as they have tour dates during the cruise.
    Epica wrote:European Enigma Tour leg 2 with very special guest Dragonforce.

15-01-15 Zeche Bochem Germany
    16-01-15 Markthalle Hamburg Germany
    17-01-15 C-Club Berlin Germany
    19-01-15 Hellraiser Leipzig Germany
    20-01-15 Meet Factory Prague Czech Republic
    22-01-15 Eter Wroclaw Poland
    23-01-15 Progresja Warsaw Poland
    24-01-15 Petofi Hall Budapest Hungary
    26-01-15 Arena Vienna Austria
    27-01-15 Theaterfabrik Munich Germany
    29-01-15 Olympia Paris France
    30-01-15 Salle des Fêtes de Thônex Geneva Switzerland
    31-01-15 Essigfabrik Cologne Germany
    01-02-15 Ancienne Belgique Brussels Belgium

Tickets are on sale for most dates now and are available from: http://www.epica.nl/tour
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:30 am

Sucks (or in my case, what a relief! :P ) that Epica won't be on the boat. The album release show in Tilburg at the end of April was amazing and easily the best gig I've seen from them.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:40 am

Memnoch wrote:Sucks (or in my case, what a relief! :P )

Ditto!! :P

Or in fact for me, double-relief as I love Dragonforce too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 am

Speedy wrote:Epica and Dragonforce are out, as they have tour dates during the cruise.

Does that mean Mayan are ruled out too?
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:53 am

liser wrote:
    Speedy wrote:Epica and Dragonforce are out, as they have tour dates during the cruise.

Yep.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:33 am

Bummed about Dragonforce :(
    They came to Mexico but I couldn't see them, so really had my fingers crossed for them to repeat here.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:06 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    liser wrote:

Yep.

That sucks. On all three accounts.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Damn. I wanted Epica, Mayan, and Dragonforce.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:20 pm

I really wanted Epica and Insomnium :cry:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:45 am

Hammerfall, Orden Ogan :cry: :cry: :cry: and Serious Black (whoever they are) are out as they have a gig 23.01.
    http://www.eventim.de/Tickets.html?affi ... =EPR-1010-[KM_2013]-20140718-[event11]
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:58 am

As mentioned in another thread, Sabaton are out as they are touring somewhere else while the cruise happens.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:11 am

Speedy wrote:Serious Black (whoever they are)

And the answer came pretty quick:
    AFM Records wrote:NEW SIGNING, folks!
    ladies & gentlemen, please welcome the newest addition to our roster: the new melodic power metal band SERIOUS BLACK!
    The members - no strangers: Roland Grapow (Masterplan/ex-Helloween) on guitars, drummer Thomen Stauch (Savage Circus/ex-Blind Guardian), Mario Lochert (bass/Emergency Gate), Jan Vacik (keyboards, ex-Dreamscape) and Dominik Sebastian (guitars/ Edenbridge) - all experienced musicians who are around since many years. But let’s not forget the voice of SERIOUS BLACK: Urban breed (Vocals/ ex-Tad Morose), one of the best vocalist the scene has to offer. These six gentlemen, with their different musical backgrounds, are now ready to unleash their powerful melodic Metal.
    Fans can look forward to a high-class debut album (which will be released by the end of 2014 or early 2015), as well as many live shows (for example as support onHammerFall's upcoming tour) and festival gigs.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

• Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:42 am

bodomdragon wrote:As mentioned in another thread, Sabaton are out as they are touring somewhere else while the cruise happens.

They still have that gap in their schedule, so there still is a very small chance that they will be onbroad...
    Survivor of:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:46 am

Digimortal wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:As mentioned in another thread, Sabaton are out as they are touring somewhere else while the cruise happens.

They still have that gap in their schedule, so there still is a very small chance that they will be onbroad...

Not any more. They have a gig scheduled in Budapest 25.01.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:22 am

ladies & gentlemen, please welcome the newest addition to our roster: the new melodic power metal band SERIOUS BLACK!
    The members - no strangers: Roland Grapow (Masterplan/ex-Helloween) on guitars, drummer Thomen Stauch (Savage Circus/ex-Blind Guardian), Mario Lochert (bass/Emergency Gate), Jan Vacik (keyboards, ex-Dreamscape) and Dominik Sebastian (guitars/ Edenbridge) - all experienced musicians who are around since many years. But let’s not forget the voice of SERIOUS BLACK: Urban breed (Vocals/ ex-Tad Morose), one of the best vocalist the scene has to offer. These six gentlemen, with their different musical backgrounds, are now ready to unleash their powerful melodic Metal.
    Fans can look forward to a high-class debut album (which will be released by the end of 2014 or early 2015), as well as many live shows (for example as support onHammerFall's upcoming tour) and festival gigs.

Promising!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:22 am

Orden Ogan are also out since they are touring with Hammerfall during the cruise.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:26 am

Speedy wrote:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Difinitely will check them out.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:44 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Difinitely will check them out.

They posted a trailer on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SBxu6SAXHQ
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Sound quite good.
    But as much as i like Urban Breed as a vocalist he is the most unreliable vocalist around.
    He's never getting on with the bands he sings for and always randomly Quitting.
    I was supposed to see Bloodbound on a cruise back in 06 and he quit the band before the concert causing them to pull out.
    Then on 3rd album he rejoined the band but quit before their live concert at Masters of rock in 2010.
    But apart from this i've heard other stories about how he's been in bands.
    He's also convinced that Urban Breed is his real name :lol:
Post Reply 385 posts