Post Reply 385 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2015?
    cowboy71
    Commander

What bands can be ruled out for 2015?

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:19 am

Accept. Just parted ways with drummer and guitarist AND Wolf and Peter will be at NAMM
    Agathodaimon. Split up.
    Allegaeon. Will be at NAMM.
    Amon Amarth. Touring
    Anaal Nathrakh. Touring.
    Archgoat. Touring
    Aversions Crown. Touring Europe at the time of the cruise.
    Battle Beast (touring with Sabaton)
    Black Label Society. Doing Shiprocked
    Blackdeath. Touring
    Blues Pills. Date scheduled in Greece during cruise.
    Bölzer. Gigs in Europe.
    Caliban. Touring Europe at the time of the cruise.
    Circle II Circle. Appearing at NAMM.
    Crimson Shadows. Touring Canada.
    Dead Congregation. Conflicting tourdates.
    Deathstars - touring Mexico during cruise.
    Delain (touring with Sabaton)
    Diablo Blvd. Touring.
    Dødsengel. Playing with Primordial.
    Downfall of Gaia. Touring.
    Draconian. Recording album.
    Dragonforce (Supporting Epica)
    Dread Sovereign. Primordial touring rules them out.
    Elm Street. Touring US.
    Emeth. Gig in Netherlands during cruise.
    Epica (touring Europe at the time of the cruise)
    Ex Libris (Xandria touring)
    Exciter. Said Japan in February would be their first gig of 2015.
    Eyehategod. Touring.
    Fallujah
    The Faceless - date scheduled during the cruise
    Hammerfall (touring Europe)
    Havok - Said they would decline if asked as they will be working on their new album.
    Huntress. Touring with Amon Amarth
    Iced Earth (Jon told someone that "once was enough", to me he said it just wasn't financially viable)
    Inquisition. Touring
    Insomnium (touring USA with Dark Tranquillity)
    Iron Maiden (If they ever did a cruise, it would be their own)
    The Iron Maidens. Playing at NAMM.
    Jon Oliva's Pain (don't think Jon would ever do a cruise)
    King Diamond (Don't think he'd do a cruise)
    Krokus (doing Monsters of Rock cruise so unlikely to do both)
    Lacuna Coil. Doing the Shiprocked cruise so unlikely to do both.
    Last Bastion. Playing gig with Dark Tranquillity on 23rd January.
    Leng Tch'e. Touring.
    Lord. Playing in Melbourne on the 24th of January
    M:Pire of Evil. Touring Europe at the time of the cruise
    Machinehead. Touring
    Manowar(Money reasons)
    Marduk - Ruled out. Dates scheduled in Japan during cruise.
    MaYan (If Epica re ruled out then that rules them out too)
    Mayem. Touring the US
    Megaherz. Touring Europe
    Morbid Angel. Band members will be at NAMM.
    Ondskapt. Touring
    Orden Ogan (touring with Hammerfall)
    Place Vendome (don't think Kiske would ever do a cruise)
    Powerwolf. Recording new album January-March.
    Primordial. Gig in Belgium during the cruise.
    Running Wild. Wacken will be their ONLY show in 2015.
    Sabaton (touring Europe)
    Sanctuary. One of the guitarists has to work.
    Savage Messiah. Touring with Amon Amarth
    Scar Symmetry. Have been asked previously. Cannot afford it.
    Shape of Despair. Conflicting tourdates.
    Sick of It All. Touring with Walls of Jericho.
    Skull Fist. Touring with Elm Street.
    Solstafir. Touring
    Solstice. Playing with Primordial.
    Stam1na. Touring.
    Starkill. Wanted to be on. Told that all bands are booked already.
    Stratovarius - cruiser asked them if they would be onbroad. They said no.
    Suicidal Tendencies. March show is "first of 2015"
    Taake. Conflicting tourdates.
    Tankard. Touring
    Testament. Band members will be at NAMM.
    Uli Jon Roth. Dates scheduled during cruise.
    Unisonic (dont think Kiske would ever do a cruise)
    Vektor. Show scheduled 23rd January.
    Walls of Jericho. Touring with Sick of it All at the time of the cruise.
    W.A.S.P(Blacky isn't a people person)
    Watain. Touring the US

Anyone on the MOTORBOAT could probably be ruled out. If so
    Motorhead
    Megadeth
    Zakk Wylde
    Anthrax
    Testament
    Down

All the bands on the Full Metal Cruise 2015 (I'm sure there would be some contractual clause forbidding this):
    Sodom
    Tankard (100% ruled out. Playing in Spain during the cruise)
    Doro
    Hammerfall
    Subway to Sally
    JBO
    Saltatio Mortis
    AllStarBand with Uli Jon Roth

All the bands on 70K 2014
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:54 am, edited 63 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2015?

by Metalwrath » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 am

Manowar(Money reasons)
    Motorhead(Money reasons and lemmys health.European tour cancelled.Rescheduled European cancelled after)
    King DIamond(Money reasons and because of the stage set issue for festivals.Don't think he'd do a cruise anyway)
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:53 am

cowboy71 wrote:All the bands on 70K 2014

All the bands on the Full Metal Cruise 2015 (I'm sure there would be some contractual clause forbidding this):
    Sodom
    Tankard
    Doro
    Hammerfall
    Subway to Sally
    JBO
    Saltatio Mortis
    AllStarBand with Uli Jon Roth

Jon Oliva's Pain (don't think Jon would ever do a cruise)
    Place Vendome (don't think Kiske would ever do a cruise)
    Manowar(Money reasons)
    Motorhead(Money reasons and lemmys health.European tour cancelled.Rescheduled European cancelled after)
    King DIamond(Money reasons and because of the stage set issue for festivals.Don't think he'd do a cruise anyway)

Doro played both 70k and FMC last year, so I don't see why not next year as well.
    She's also playing MORC this year, so it seems like she loves cruises.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:48 am

I'm hoping Andy gives us the Teutonic Four for 2015, since we got 0 German Thrash bands this year, which was a first. Anyway, I'm hoping that you're wrong about FMC bands being off limits. Shouldn't effect anything.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:08 am

I don't think FMC is off limits at all, maybe some bands would have contracts but other there were multiple bands that played both cruises.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 am

I heard KIng D loves cruises. Lets hope the new main venue is large enough to support the King :beerhorns:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 am

mfrap wrote:I heard KIng D loves cruises. Lets hope the new main venue is large enough to support the King :beerhorns:

Yeah I was gonna bring this up at some point. Apparently he goes on 3 cruises a year. I would think the bigger boat would provide more of an opportunity for him to get away from the fans as well as maybe provide the budget needed to get him!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 am

Yea. Plus fans don't really swarm the band members on this thing. In fact I only ever saw a couple people even talking to members of bands outside of the karaoke lounge where the bands go to party anyways. I would think either most people wouldnt recognize King D without makeup or they'd be too intimidated to approach him. Plus I'm sure he'd be given a grand suite and plenty of spa trips.
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:05 pm

I think you can discount bands that are famous for being horrible about meeting fans.

So probably no Megadeth, no Danzig, etc.

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I'm hoping Andy gives us the Teutonic Four for 2015, since we got 0 German Thrash bands this year, which was a first. Anyway, I'm hoping that you're wrong about FMC bands being off limits. Shouldn't effect anything.

I've never heard it referred to as anything but the Teutonic Three before.

So Kreator, Sodom, Destruction...

Tankard? Exumer? Paradox? Holy Moses? Assassin?

Legitimately curious as to who you think the fourth is. :P
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Spence wrote:I've never heard it referred to as anything but the Teutonic Three before.

So Kreator, Sodom, Destruction...

Tankard? Exumer? Paradox? Holy Moses? Assassin?

Legitimately curious as to who you think the fourth is. :P

TANKARD
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Yeah, it's like a thing now. I guess it has to be 4.

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:58 pm

But the reason "Teutonic Three" works is because it's alliteration, i've even heard it referred to as the "Teutonic Three Titans." haha

Honestly, there's SO MANY excellent 80's German thrash metal bands, that it feels kind of shitty reducing it to only four. Holy Moses and Paradox definitely deserve more praise than Sodom or Destruction, IMO, and i'm still a fan of those two bands. hahaha (seeing Destruction in March :deathhorns: )
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:11 pm

mfrap wrote:Yea. Plus fans don't really swarm the band members on this thing. In fact I only ever saw a couple people even talking to members of bands outside of the karaoke lounge where the bands go to party anyways. I would think either most people wouldnt recognize King D without makeup or they'd be too intimidated to approach him. Plus I'm sure he'd be given a grand suite and plenty of spa trips.

I saw the keyboard player for Finntroll get PULLED OUT physically of the elevator by someone, because they wanted a photo with him.

My wife and I could not believe how rude that was! He clearly just wanted to get back to his cabin after their show, but this 'fan' had other plans.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:32 am

Sounds like the douche factor was working overtime this time around
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 am

Spence wrote:But the reason "Teutonic Three" works is because it's alliteration, i've even heard it referred to as the "Teutonic Three Titans." haha

Honestly, there's SO MANY excellent 80's German thrash metal bands, that it feels kind of shitty reducing it to only four. Holy Moses and Paradox definitely deserve more praise than Sodom or Destruction, IMO, and i'm still a fan of those two bands. hahaha (seeing Destruction in March :deathhorns: )

Are you serious!?!? The Teutonic Four is Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, and Tankard. Theres even a vinyl called the Teutonic Four with all four bands names listed on the cover. That's the way it is, you can only accept it. :cool: Tankard belong, they were always peers of the other three and the never stopped pumping out album after album and still have a very large fanbase, much larger than Paradox and Holy Moses.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:43 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Spence wrote:But the reason "Teutonic Three" works is because it's alliteration, i've even heard it referred to as the "Teutonic Three Titans." haha

Are you serious!?!? The Teutonic Four is Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, and Tankard. Theres even a vinyl called the Teutonic Four with all four bands names listed on the cover. That's the way it is, you can only accept it. :cool: Tankard belong, they were always peers of the other three and the never stopped pumping out album after album and still have a very large fanbase, much larger than Paradox and Holy Moses.

Huh! Never heard that, maybe it's just a New England metalhead thing. Basically no one I know into metal even knows who Tankard are, whereas I feel like most metalheads have at least heard of Holy Moses.

And honestly, Tankard aren't that popular - at least not in the states. They're playing MDF, and they're pretty damn low on the lineup.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Tankard are definitely more popular than Holy Moses...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Spence wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

Huh! Never heard that, maybe it's just a New England metalhead thing. Basically no one I know into metal even knows who Tankard are, whereas I feel like most metalheads have at least heard of Holy Moses.

And honestly, Tankard aren't that popular - at least not in the states. They're playing MDF, and they're pretty damn low on the lineup.

I don't think judging by popularity in the US is a good indicator of anything (other than, you know, popularity in the US). Just sayin' :ugeek:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:38 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Tankard are definitely more popular than Holy Moses...

+1
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    I don't think judging by popularity in the US is a good indicator of anything (other than, you know, popularity in the US). Just sayin' :ugeek:

THIS. +1.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Point taken everyone.

I've just never been a fan of the whole "fours" of thrash, since there's some 15 or so classic 80's thrash bands out of Germany ALONE who I love. haha :D
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

THIS. +1.

I have heard a hell of a lot more about Tankard than I have Holly Mosses and that is coming state side.
    Well, that might come from the fact that I live in Wisconsin and their music where our drinking songs in high school
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Motorhead are doing their own cruise.

Cannot see them doing 70K now:

https://www.facebook.com/motorheadcruise
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:20 am

I read a review of one of Scott Ian's spoken word shows. He supposedly confirmed (unoffically) that Anthrax will be on the Motorboat Cruise. I would say that this would add Anthrax to the ruled out list.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Sgt. B wrote:I read a review of one of Scott Ian's spoken word shows. He supposedly confirmed (unoffically) that Anthrax will be on the Motorboat Cruise. I would say that this would add Anthrax to the ruled out list.

Anthrax and Motorhead in one cruise?

I suspect we'll have many deserters for 2015. :?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:I read a review of one of Scott Ian's spoken word shows. He supposedly confirmed (unoffically) that Anthrax will be on the Motorboat Cruise. I would say that this would add Anthrax to the ruled out list.

Anthrax and Motorhead in one cruise?

I suspect we'll have many deserters for 2015. :?

Doubt it.

Anthrax is EVERYWHERE all the time, i'm sure most people who are interested in this cruise has either seen or AT LEAST had the chance to see if they wanted to, Anthrax within the past three or four years. And they show no sign on slowing down.

Motorhead might cause a few deserters, but even there, I doubt it. I feel like the vast majority of people who'd go to the Motorboat are either DIEHARD Motorhead fans(like the diehard Manowar fans who follow them from country to country) and Motorhead fans from obscure countries like South Africa who'd never have any chance to see them on their hometurf.

Honestly, there's way too many cruises now. It's hard to keep track of them all, there's been... what? Four prog cruises within the past two months? :?
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:19 am

Don't think they'll be many deserters this year. Motorhead and Anthrax play most places all the time. I see no reason to pay about $2,000 to see a handful of bands that I've already seen. I always thought the more obscure bands or bands that just don't play that much were a big draw for the UMC cruises.
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:24 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Don't think they'll be many deserters this year. Motorhead and Anthrax play most places all the time. I see no reason to pay about $2,000 to see a handful of bands that I've already seen. I always thought the more obscure bands or bands that just don't play that much were a big draw for the UMC cruises.

Exactly, and this is why the Mayhem Cruise sold so little it was cancelled. Who the hell would pay that much and travel that far for a bunch of bands they could see in their respective state or country once a year? Absurd.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Don't think they'll be many deserters this year. Motorhead and Anthrax play most places all the time. I see no reason to pay about $2,000 to see a handful of bands that I've already seen. I always thought the more obscure bands or bands that just don't play that much were a big draw for the UMC cruises.

agree.. gimme all the bands that make most people say, "Who?"
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:36 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

I don't think Roger Daltrey would consider doing this cruise :mrgreen:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 am

meshuggah wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

I don't think Roger Daltrey would consider doing this cruise :mrgreen:

:lol: Nice one.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:32 am

Any band full of members who live for the NAMM show.To those bands that is their once a year get together to see people ,same exact time as the cruise this year.So Opeth are most likely out.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:27 am

When is the NAMM show next year? I may be wrong, but I thought it was from 15 - 18 Jan, which is not the exact same time as the cruise. Cruise doesn't start until 22nd, which puts them within the realm of possibility.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 am

Conrad wrote:When is the NAMM show next year? I may be wrong, but I thought it was from 15 - 18 Jan, which is not the exact same time as the cruise. Cruise doesn't start until 22nd, which puts them within the realm of possibility.

January 22-25 according to this website http://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2014 which I believe is correct .If you Google "NAMM 2015 "the top results give you January 15-19 but those are junk sites.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Watain.
    I love to see them on the boat but endless interviews makes them to dark/kult or simply misantropic minds for a cruise. But I would be happy to see them on a cruise though.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:23 pm

How's about some real party rock'n'roll:
    AIRBOURNE
    ROSE TATTOO
    D.A.D.
    KROKUS
    VENGEANCE

And some real heavy and power metal
    SAXON
    JAG PANZER
    MORGANA LEFAY
    STRATOVARIUS
    EMERALD (Swiss)
    BRAINSTORM
    PERTNESS
    HYSTERICA

Also some more heavier stuff
    HAIL OF BULLETS and/or ASPHYX
    CORONER
    MACHINE HEAD
    ENTRAILS
    FATE CONTROL (Swiss)
    TANKARD

And some melodic bands
    GOTTHARD
    THE POODLES
    TREAT

and MAGO DE OZ
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 am

Falscher thread MetalMatrose ;)

die Wunschlisten sind hier
    70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4191

:mrgreen:

cheers
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020 / 2024
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:43 am

Soundchaser wrote:Falscher thread MetalMatrose ;)

die Wunschlisten sind hier
    70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4191

:mrgreen:

cheers

:oops: english language = difficult language :mrgreen:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 am

cowboy71 wrote:Jon Oliva's Pain (don't think Jon would ever do a cruise)

Yeah, unfortunately I can see that. Personally, I would kill for a Savatage reunion show but the chances of that are slim to none.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:57 pm

You can officially rule out Van Canto. I saw Ross comment on a friends status saying they will unfortunately never get to play there, so I asked him about it tonight. Apparently Andy posted a message on a German forum telling everyone to stop asking for them because he'll never get them because he thinks they're an embarrassment to metal.

2019 Wishlist:
Post Reply 385 posts