Post Reply 65 posts
Possible/desired Reunions for 2015
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

Possible/desired Reunions for 2015

by mfrap » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Based off the possibility of having some reunion shows booked for next year, what are some reunions people would like to see. List all ones that are actually possible as well as a few wishlisters.

For me:
    Plausable= SikTh, Kiuas, Time Requim (inactive for so long), Disillusion (7 years without new music)

Not plausable= Lost Horizon :cry:
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Possible/desired Reunions for 2015

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Nevermore. 10th year anniversary of This Godless Endeavour. Probably not likely as Conquering Dystopia and Sanctuary are both going to be busy, but I can dream.

Forbidden. Don't think any of the members are too busy except maybe Steve Smyth coming out with that new band "One Machine" which I'm very excited for.

Norther. Not that likely, Jukka is obviously gonna be busy with Wintersun, but I don't think the other members are too busy and if Wintersun is on maybe Norther is possible.

Savatage. It could happen.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Battlelore would be great. :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Stained Class wrote:Savatage. It could happen.

If there will ever be a Savatage reunion, I can PROMISE you it would be Progpower USA.

In fact, Jon Olivia's Pain is playing Progpower USA this year and they're doing the Streets album in entirety. Pretty much as close to a Savatage reunion as we're gonna get, really.

I'd LOVE to see an After Forever reunion, but considering Floor Jansen has both ReVamp and is now a perm member of Nightwish - I doubt it.

Dark Angel just got back together, and while they said it'll just be for 2014 fests and minitours - the cruise is early enough in 2015 that I could see them doing it. (and hasn't Gene played on the boat with Testament? So it's not like they AREN'T aware of it)

A Strapping Young Lad reunion would be awesome, and I think it was Gene who said he'd be down for that - so if Devin could be convinced, i'd love to see Strapping Young Lad either on the boat or as a MDF 2015 headliner. :shred:

Weird, there's not many bands that I can think of that could both reasonably reform and fit the fest. Maybe more will come to my mind later.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Spence wrote:

If there will ever be a Savatage reunion, I can PROMISE you it would be Progpower USA.

In fact, Jon Olivia's Pain is playing Progpower USA this year and they're doing the Streets album in entirety. Pretty much as close to a Savatage reunion as we're gonna get, really.

Yeah I got my tickets for PPUSA this year, but a couple years ago they did a proper Savatage reunion and played Hall Of The Mountain King in full in Tampa I think.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Nevermore is my reunion request!!! But unlikely....
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    Alonzo_Mosely
    Wiper

by Alonzo_Mosely » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Without regard to likelihood or even possibility I'd love to see Emperor and Sepultura (with Max and Igor)
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:04 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Spence wrote:

Yeah I got my tickets for PPUSA this year, but a couple years ago they did a proper Savatage reunion and played Hall Of The Mountain King in full in Tampa I think.

Fuck yeah, you going all four days? I'm definitely going Thursday-Sat, already got my tickets. :) Where are you from normally?

Also, i'm pretty sure what you're talking about was still just Jon Olivia's Pain doing Savatage sets, as i'm pretty sure they distinctly lack any Savatage members other than Jon. But I could be wrong.

I'd love to see a Nevermore reunion, but I can't see it happening for a long time. Jeff Loomis and Warrel clearly can't stand each other anymore.

We SORT of have a Sepultura reunion. Cavalera Conspiracy is Max and Igor, and their sets are like 80% Sepultura classics. And the CC albums, while decent, aren't bad either. Totally recommend seeing them if you're a fan of any of the classic Sepultura albums.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 pm

A Vomitory reunion would be much appreciated, even if they just called it quits at the end of 2013.
    And what happened with the Sirrah reunion? They should play on 70k!
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Savatage reunion would make the next cruise on of the most epic cruises ever! :viking:

Angra Reunion Show with Andre Matos on vocals would be awesome!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 am

for sure the SAVATAGE reunion, for me one of the best bands ever, saw them live between 15/17 times,
    would be fantastic to have them back... :givebeer: :givebeer:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:39 am

Nevermore haven't been disbanded long enough to warrant a reunion tour yet.And i'd imagine it's still too soon for them to be interested in working together again.
    Helloween reunion with Kiske needs to happen.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:04 am

Metalwrath wrote:Nevermore haven't been disbanded long enough to warrant a reunion tour yet.And i'd imagine it's still too soon for them to be interested in working together again.
    Helloween reunion with Kiske needs to happen.

I fully agree with you. Nevermore have only been disbanded for a few years. Those guys are still getting the demons out of their systems before that happens again. Maybe in another three years down the road it might happen. At least Nevermore went out with a good album (not that they have any bad ones.)
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:42 am

Spence wrote:
    Fuck yeah, you going all four days? I'm definitely going Thursday-Sat, already got my tickets. :) Where are you from normally?

Also, i'm pretty sure what you're talking about was still just Jon Olivia's Pain doing Savatage sets, as i'm pretty sure they distinctly lack any Savatage members other than Jon. But I could be wrong.

I'd love to see a Nevermore reunion, but I can't see it happening for a long time. Jeff Loomis and Warrel clearly can't stand each other anymore.

We SORT of have a Sepultura reunion. Cavalera Conspiracy is Max and Igor, and their sets are like 80% Sepultura classics. And the CC albums, while decent, aren't bad either. Totally recommend seeing them if you're a fan of any of the classic Sepultura albums.

Not sure what's going on with my job situation, I'd like to do all 4 days but right now I only got my tickets for thursday-saturday.
    From Calgary, bringing a couple of PPUSA first timers with me this year too :mrgreen: Jake (viathyn) and Matt (mfrap).
    http://www.metalpaths.com/news/2012/01/ ... -festival/
    I think that's what I was thinking of. So it was Jon Oliva's Pain + Chris Caffrey doing Mountain King. But you're right, it wasn't actually Savatage like I thought it was.
    I've seen interviews saying that Jeff and Warrel still talk but Jeff wants to do his own thing for now. It'll happen but you're right it'll be another couple years first.
    I've actually seen all the current renditions of Sepultura (Andreas Kissers' Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy and Soulfly) and in all honesty I prefer Sepultura live, but I like Soulfly's last couple albums better. That's a reunion that won't ever happen though, so fans just gotta be happy with what we have.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:57 am

Don't leave me all alone in scary Atlanta on wednesday Joey. I'm likely to have too good of a time and probably wake up 3 towns over with gang tatooes.
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 am

Mr.Kito wrote:Angra Reunion Show with Andre Matos on vocals would be awesome!

It would be epic... But I don't think it's likely. Last I heard, André was saying Angra should quit or something like that...
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:23 am

mfrap wrote:Don't leave me all alone in scary Atlanta on wednesday Joey. I'm likely to have too good of a time and probably wake up 3 towns over with gang tatooes.

I guess I would be kinda bailing on you if I didn't go for Wednesday. I'll do everything I can to make it there :bangers:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:26 pm

X-Thor wrote:

It would be epic... But I don't think it's likely. Last I heard, André was saying Angra should quit or something like that...

Yup, that's no going to happen at all, he was invited to their DVD and refused... but well.. one can dream, right?! :dreams:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Savatage for sure

Candlemass with Messiah

Since Broken Hope have already reunited, put them on the boat :headbanger:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm

God Dethroned mentioned on facebook that they were thinking about becoming active again. It would be fitting since their last show was on 70k 2012.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Dismember :deathmetal:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Yup, that's no going to happen at all, he was invited to their DVD and refused... but well.. one can dream, right?! :dreams:

Deb would go absolutely crazy if it happened.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Spence wrote:

Same here. PPUSA gold badger since 2009. I will be there crying....
    metal4ever
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Green Carnation
    Crisis
    A Canorous Quintet
    Carnal Forge (original singer)
    Damaged
    Descend Into Nothingness
    Skid Row w/Sebastian Bach
    In Thy Dreams
    Ablaze My Sorrow
    Excretion
    Miscreant
    Cardinal Sin (Sweden)
    Face Down (Sweden)
    Spiral Architect
    Without Grief
    Withering Surface

I can do this all day... Too many good bands disband
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Lol, I've heard of 3 of those.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Pretty much impossible, but a Sentenced reunion would be awesome.

(Without Miika, of course...)

--
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Emperor and After Forever get my vote.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:Emperor and After Forever get my vote.

I fully support an Emperor reunion.

Also, it's pretty much impossible, because Kiske doesn't want it, but a Helloween + Unisonic show with Kiske, Hansen and Deris singing some classic Helloween tunes at the end would be fucking fantastic.

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Out of all those mentioned, the Savatage and Helloween suggestions would rock my world.

Given how much Jon Oliva and Michael Kiske do NOT want to be on the boat, I really cannot see them happening no matter how much money Andy throws at them.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:48 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Out of all those mentioned, the Savatage and Helloween suggestions would rock my world.

Given how much Jon Oliva and Michael Kiske do NOT want to be on the boat, I really cannot see them happening no matter how much money Andy throws at them.

When did either say they don't want to be on the boat?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Spence wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Out of all those mentioned, the Savatage and Helloween suggestions would rock my world.

When did either say they don't want to be on the boat?

Its fairly common knowledge that Jon doesn't like boats or planes or anything like that. His drummer re-iterated the fact in the days before 70k 2014 in fact.

And Kiske has told fans on multiple occasions that he does not want to be trapped on a boat with fans.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:31 pm

cowboy71 wrote:And Kiske has told fans on multiple occasions that he does not want to be trapped on a boat with fans.

One of the reasons why I like Deris more than him. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

--
    Alonzo_Mosely
    Wiper

by Alonzo_Mosely » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Maybe this isn't "metal" enough, but it sure would be awesome. A Misfits reunion, Walk Among Us line-up (Glen, Doyle, Jerry Only. I suppose any drummer would do)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Stained Class wrote:Lol, I've heard of 3 of those.

Green Carnation, Skid Row and Spiral Architect?

I'll throw a couple out there...

First and foremost, TRIUMPH!

Okay, too much 70's rock and not enough metal, how about Suicidal Tendencies with Rocky George, Mike Clarke and even Robert Trujillo? :?

Yeah, not very freaking likely as they're pretty happy touring with their current lineup at this time...

Alright, here's one some ppl could get behind...

Corrosion of Conformity with Pepper Keenan!!! :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Spence
    Oiler

by Spence » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Infectious Grooves are now playing one or two fests a year, so I could Roberto, Mike and the gang doing THAT on board - which likely would include some ST covers.

But I couldn't see a classic Suicidal Tendencies lineup reunion at any point, sadly. :/
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Spence wrote:Infectious Grooves are now playing one or two fests a year, so I could Roberto, Mike and the gang doing THAT on board - which likely would include some ST covers.

But I couldn't see a classic Suicidal Tendencies lineup reunion at any point, sadly. :/

Agree on both counts and, honestly, IG was sort of the beginning of the end of ST as I knew and loved them in their more thrashy incarnation of old. Much like Big Sugar's over-incorporation of reggae and dub elements, IG just seemed like Cyco Mike's way of saying, "I just can't get enough funk in my metal!!" As much as I'd hoped that IG would bleed off that urge to funkify everything ST, it seemed only to further solidify the bands curve in that direction. The current lineup's show here a few months back was a blast and I'd go again in a heartbeat but the rhythm section definitely has a vibe all their own that is little to nothing like ST of 24+ years ago :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:39 pm

After Forever with Flood Jansen (1995-2009) symphonic metal with operatic female singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgTQ7SXJVGM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmorswlAWlo

Theater of Tragedy with Liv Kristine (1993 – 2010) Gothic doom metal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzf_rD5BVQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUlYLmfQ_cg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8CEhkT0D4
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Those are the ones I recognized as well!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm

viathyn wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

Those are the ones I recognized as well!

Actually Carnal Forge in stead of Green Carnation. Heard the name but never the band.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:45 pm

2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077