Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Re: ...Are You Getting Excited Yet?

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:29 am

announcements very sooooooooooooooooooooon :death:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 am

So will we get any news in february?

3 days of waiting!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Yup, right after us veterans get the emails. :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

JAMAICA

by Andy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:55 pm

What do you get if you take 60 Metal Bands and have them play 120 Shows for only 3000 Fans on one Cruise Ship going to Jamaica?

70000TONS OF METAL 2015!

THE ORIGINAL!

Round 5 Of The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

• Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: JAMAICA

by Krys » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Andy wrote:What do you get if you take 60 Metal Bands and have them play 120 Shows for only 3000 Fans on one Cruise Ship going to Jamaica?

70000TONS OF METAL 2015!

THE ORIGINAL!

Round 5 Of The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

YES!!! YES!!! AND YES!!!!

\m/!!!!!!!!!!

:viking: :mrgreen: :twisted:

ROUND 5!!!!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Haven't miraculously found $7,000 lying around anywhere yet, so no 2015 for me at this stage :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Of the three Jamaican ports I had looked up earlier, Ocho Rios seemed like the best option so that's good. Need more than a port to convince me to book this time. ;)
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Not bad, though I still won't book unless bands I really like are on ;)

*Cough* Anathema *cough*
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Yay! Jamaica! :shred:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:51 pm

mooyagi wrote:Of the three Jamaican ports I had looked up earlier, Ocho Rios seemed like the best option so that's good. Need more than a port to convince me to book this time. ;)

From a quick read of cruise destination sites, if you dont mind pushy drug dealers, prostitutes and street vendors, its an okay destination :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:54 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Of the three Jamaican ports I had looked up earlier, Ocho Rios seemed like the best option so that's good. Need more than a port to convince me to book this time. ;)

From a quick read of cruise destination sites, if you dont mind pushy drug dealers, prostitutes and street vendors, its an okay destination :P

I meant nice compared to the other two ports :lol:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Good news!!!

I must confess that I'm kind of indifferent about this, but it seems like a cool place to visit.

I'm certain I'll like the bands announced. Now I just have to find a way to make it financially possible for me to go, without crippling my wallet. :P

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Anyone know why both FL and Miami are listed as ports? Will passengers be able to broad in their city of choice or??? :?

I actually enjoy interacting with my dumber side from time to time :oops:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:26 pm

As i don't care about the Bands, i'll book - no matter where the Cruise goes to.
    Ocho Rios is ok, it's nice to walk up the Waterfalls und say "NO" to the millions of Jamaicans asking "wanna smoke"......
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:47 am

Oh hell yes whose gonna catch a fire with me in trench town ?

This will be epic.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:02 am

I'm curious also ... is it port of Ft Lauderdale or port of Miami ..... this could result in a big influx of where we book hotels, flights and yada yada yada ... you get the pic, :cheers:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:25 am

DragonLordJones wrote:I'm curious also ... is it port of Ft Lauderdale or port of Miami ..... this could result in a big influx of where we book hotels, flights and yada yada yada ... you get the pic, :cheers:

I posted the same question here earlier then, as soon as I logged out and hopped over to FB, saw that it had been discussed there with the consensus being that, since Ft Lauderdale is not as well known internationally as Miami and 70K is known for departing from Miami, it's been kept in the info description in order to help avoid confusion.

taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:29 am

Yeah, I will be definitely on the ship, even if I wont be able to book before August :wank:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:55 am

Destination is not important.Although Jamaica is a place people need to be very cautious about.Very dangerous country(Especially if you're white)
    Start announcing bands.
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:14 am

Metalwrath wrote:Destination is not important.Although Jamaica is a place people need to be very cautious about.Very dangerous country(Especially if you're white)
    Start announcing bands.

I think You mean If you are Drunken White :D
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:07 am

Jamaicaaaaaaa!

Cricket and Bobsledding!
    Awesome!

WOuld be cool if they had a Bobsled course in the hills of Ochio Rios

Imagine that. Bobsled Metal Teams!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:14 am

Let's bring METAL to the reggae world

Does this mean SOULFLY will be on this cruise?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:16 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:I'm curious also ... is it port of Ft Lauderdale or port of Miami ..... this could result in a big influx of where we book hotels, flights and yada yada yada ... you get the pic, :cheers:

I posted the same question here earlier then, as soon as I logged out and hopped over to FB, saw that it had been discussed there with the consensus being that, since Ft Lauderdale is not as well known internationally as Miami and 70K is known for departing from Miami, it's been kept in the info description in order to help avoid confusion.

I don't think they did a very good job avoiding confusion since alot of people are questioning it. All people have to do is look at a map and find Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure google has mapped out that area.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:16 am

Cardest wrote:WOuld be cool if they had a Bobsled course in the hills of Ochio Rios

Imagine that. Bobsled Metal Teams!

Not quite a bobsled course but they do have a bobsled themed mountain coaster:

http://www.rainforestadventure.com/jamaica_ocho_rios_tours_excursions/attractions/bobsled_dunns_river_falls/
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:19 am

onenight wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I don't think they did a very good job avoiding confusion since alot of people are questioning it. All people have to do is look at a map and find Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure google has mapped out that area.

Yeah I think it's best to just advertise it as Ft. Lauderdale. The city is a destination in itself and it's not quite as close as it seems to Miami, in terms of getting there.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:24 am

Lala wrote:Ocho Rios is ok, it's nice to walk up the Waterfalls und say "NO" to the millions of Jamaicans asking "wanna smoke"......

From what I've been reading, it sounds like it's like that at all the Jamaican ports. If that's the case I would have a hard time getting off the ship. :roll:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:17 am

markku1 wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Destination is not important.Although Jamaica is a place people need to be very cautious about.Very dangerous country(Especially if you're white)
    Start announcing bands.

I think You mean If you are Drunken White :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:30 am

onenight wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

Fully agree. Just reiterating what I picked up off the facebook thread. I'm still not convinced I understand why Miami is included.

• Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:17 am

I have mixed feelings about Jamaica. I was there only once - about 20 years ago as a port stop on a cruise with my husband. We being big fans of reggae music & ganja :smoking: :P going way back to high school days in the late 70s.... Jamaica is pretty much the "holy grail" (as far as destinations go - haha). When we met in 1984, we each had Bob Marley lps in our respective collections (as well as other reggae & ska lps), and to this day my husband is a huge Marley fan. So... In the day we were there we hired a driver to take us around (including the famous Falls), partied hard & heard lots of reggae. It was fun of course, but like so many other islands in the Caribbean (as well as tourist ports & places we've been to in Mexico)...Jamaica is very "third-world" in *many* ways....not to mention its sad history & legacy of the slave trade. Yes, I know I'm being a bit of a buzzkill "serious cat," :beerwink: :lol: - but having been to so many of these kinds of places in my life, I can't help but think about that.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:53 pm

I've been to Ocho Rios on a cruise before as well. It was interesting, but I would have been fine doing it once and that's it. Practice firmly saying no as much as possible before getting there.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:23 am

I would love to say I've been to Jamaica, I have always been wondering if its like that Steven Seagal movie. :lol: Anyway, lets see some bands before I decide if this one is for me or not.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 am

I dreamt we were on 70K 2015 and the ship was docked in Jamaica for only 70 minutes :lol:
  • Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Sounds like Amsterdam
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Andy, please make the band announcements in a more timely manner than last year. JAMAICA me crazy!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:35 am

Digimortal wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Sounds like Amsterdam

If it's anything like Amsterdam, I'm gonna enjoy Ocho Rios :boobs: :smoking:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:24 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:
    carlynjason wrote:Still owe you a drink DLJ, NO-ONE calls me a welcher, soooooooooo hope to bump into you 2015 :party:

It's okay ... only 1 person paid up on that bet. I didn't go out of my way hunting them down, they should of stepped up and said hey don't I owe you a drink. 21 ? drinks unclaimed :cry:
    It's all good :cheers: :beerhorns: hope to meet you next cruise just the same :cheers:

Dude, I didn't see you the whole time. Sorry, I wasn't trying to back out or anything. I really meant to get you a drink this time. Sorry, man
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 am

I blame my forgetfulness on the alcohol. If you had mentioned it I would've paid up :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah, I don't think I saw you either... :oops: :oops:

So I still owe you a beer/drink.

--
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:20 pm

whew,
    took me long enough to recover from the last 70,000 tons of rain... but I'm for sure in for the 2015 edition :headbanger:
    Not really worried about the lack of announcements at this point in time but sometime before the bookings commence we'd better have some names named.

Hint: Testament, Artillery, Onslaught and/or any german thrash would be more than welcome :beerwink:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:01 pm

torpedo20 wrote:whew,
    took me long enough to recover from the last 70,000 tons of rain... but I'm for sure in for the 2015 edition :headbanger:
    Not really worried about the lack of announcements at this point in time but sometime before the bookings commence we'd better have some names named.

Hint: Testament, Artillery, Onslaught and/or any german thrash would be more than welcome :beerwink:

How about something that's like fucking wow?
Post Reply 3600 posts