Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: Dragons Of The North Shall Sail To The South

by Jotunheimr » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Warphine wrote:Sadly, Andy will continue to book bands that I don't care for.

That's a good thing and a bad thing. With 120 shows in total (around 30 per day) people will go crazy trying to attend most of them, so it's best to see the bands you love and use the extra time to eat/drink/sleep when bands you don't care for are playing.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:00 am

:viking: :viking: :viking: says enought right? :-D :viking: :viking: :viking:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Not much for the girlie-metal fans so far.

I mean we've got a female-fronted band (Arch Enemy), a band of females (Crucified Barbara), and a couple of bands with females in them (Therion, Ensiferum) etc.

But nothing like Delain, Xandria, Nightwish, Epica, Tristania from cruises past.

Really hoping we get at least one of Amaranthe, Revamp, Pythia, Within Temptation, Diabulus in Musica, Serenity to fill that current void :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Why not get Revamp AND Nightwish.
    For The Horde!
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Not much for the girlie-metal fans so far.

I mean we've got a female-fronted band (Arch Enemy), a band of females (Crucified Barbara), and a couple of bands with females in them (Therion, Ensiferum) etc.

But nothing like Delain, Xandria, Nightwish, Epica, Tristania from cruises past.

Really hoping we get at least one of Amaranthe, Revamp, Pythia, Within Temptation, Diabulus in Musica, Serenity to fill that current void :)

I kinda hope we don't. Like maybe Epica or Xandria would be okay. Any of the bands you listed would be stuff I skip out on, pretty much. We would need to balance these out by also having some more brutal bands, not prog, not old school, not rock that kind of crosses over into metal... just really hard-hitting, testosterone-fueled (heh, yeah, the irony) metal.

Okay, I lied... if Within Temptation goes on the boat and brings Xzibit, I will come at least once. No way I'd ever miss that! :P
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:02 pm

I would not mind seeing Delain again but that would be more than enough girly bands for me
    Got Arch Enemy I need no more
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I would not mind seeing Delain again but that would be more than enough girly bands for me
    Got Arch Enemy I need no more

Would love to see Delain again, but they are touring with Sabaton and Battle Beast at the time.

:(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:But nothing like Delain, Xandria, Nightwish, Epica, Tristania from cruises past.

For me, the trouble with most (pretty sure all but not familiar with a couple) of these bands isn't that they're female fronted but they're also typically quite SOFT metal. I like my metal hard n' heavy. Can we get Anvil on broad in drag? I like my metal girlies to have balls!! Did that come out right? :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:33 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:But nothing like Delain, Xandria, Nightwish, Epica, Tristania from cruises past.

For me, the trouble with most (pretty sure all but not familiar with a couple) of these bands isn't that they're female fronted but they're also typically quite SOFT metal. I like my metal hard n' heavy. Can we get Anvil on broad in drag? I like my metal girlies to have balls!! Did that come out right? :?

Yep.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:59 pm

ReVamp are pretty 'ballsy' - but not sure Floor would be that up for a cruise.

Pythia are too - but there is currently mass upheaval in the band so they could well be no more :'(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:35 pm

So...

Arkona, then?
    Skoden. Stoodis.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:39 pm

This will come as a shock to everyone, but I really need at least one great girlie band (besides Triosphere) for the cruise. Delain would be my number one pick, but they're ruled out already. No, wait, The Gathering with Anneke would be my number one pick. Epica is ruled out as well, so of the "bigger" names that leaves Anneke, Within Temptation and ReVamp (and The Gathering). Any one of those would be great.

Kingfisher Sky would be awesome, but they might be too far from metal to play the cruise. How about Flowing Tears; are they active? Elysion, Teodasia or Afterlife would be nice. Or Avatarium to fill both the girlie and doom quota.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 am

Yeah, we're missing a symphonic band or ten. Tarja, ReVamp and Diabulus in Musica is on the top of my list.
    Some female fronted folk like Dalriada, Kivimetsän Druidi, Kalevala, Lumsk and Arkona would also be great. And of course Battlelore.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:34 am

Speedy wrote:Yeah, we're missing a symphonic band or ten. Tarja, ReVamp and Diabulus in Musica is on the top of my list.
    Some female fronted folk like Dalriada, Kivimetsän Druidi, Kalevala, Lumsk and Arkona would also be great. And of course Battlelore.

Oh yes. A BIG "HELL YEAH!" to Battlelore! :viking:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:46 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Speedy wrote:Yeah, we're missing a symphonic band or ten. Tarja, ReVamp and Diabulus in Musica is on the top of my list.

Oh yes. A BIG "HELL YEAH!" to Battlelore! Image

Absolutely! :wank: :wank: :wank:
    No indication that they are returning yet, but they promised that this wasn't the end at their final gig at MFVF in '11, and 70k would be an awesome place for a reunion.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:Not much for the girlie-metal fans so far.

and SISTER SIN and also Avatarium
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 am

I'm all for Avatarium!

Also, we need some DARK FORTRESS!!! That would be incredible.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:49 pm

I'll support that Dalriada suggestion
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:32 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I'll support that Dalriada suggestion

YES!!!! :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Warphine wrote:I'm all for Avatarium!

Also, we need some DARK FORTRESS!!! That would be incredible.

I missed Avatarium at Sweden Rock this year, so I'd be pretty happy if they were booked.

Another +1 for Dalriada also.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:59 pm

70000 Tons of Repeats

So I've gone through the lineup and did an analysis of who-played-when. I think I've covered everything (let me know if I've overlooked anything!)

2011 - Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani
    2012 - Alestorm, Annihilator, Cannibal Corpse, God Dethroned, Grave Digger, In Extremo, Kataklysm, Therion
    2013 - Ensiferum
    BTH - Behemoth, Municipal Waste, Napalm Death

SO at the moment 2015 is a bit of a 2012 reunion! Surely we won't see any more from that year on 2015 - but if we did I'd love Eluveitie and Edguy. Slim pickings from 2013 with only Ensiferum. Tyr must be a chance, and I'd love a return of Helloween, Lacuna Coil and Gotthard.

2011 we only have 3 (but over the years a total of 15 of those 42 bands have made return appearances on UMC cruises). Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, Circle II Circle would all be strong possibilities that I'd love to see again.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Speedy wrote:Some female fronted folk like Dalriada, Kivimetsän Druidi, Kalevala, Lumsk and Arkona would also be great. And of course Battlelore.

YES to all.

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: The Art Of Partying At Sea

by last_candle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:27 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'd be down with that :)
    I would even settle for Circle II Circle being on broad again!!

+1 I wouldn't mind at all if CIIC were booked again - and did a Savatage set
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:30 am

...and I finally know how Einherjer is pronounced :D
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Brodd
    Petty Officer

by Brodd » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:15 am

Nice announcement. I've only seen Einherjer once before.
    But there are enough folk/Viking bands now. Don't get me wrong, I love the genre, but I'm really missing some more Death, Stoner, Black and Thrash bands.
    "Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl
    Vi kæmper kun for øl og for penge
    Og hvis vi ingen penge får
    Og ingen øl ligeså
    Så må i kæmpe kampen uden os!"
    Skål!

70K 2011, Barge to Hell, 70K 2015
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:18 am

I think they'd also be a repeat, but a thousand times yes to Arkona. The lead woman in that band is amazing.

As to more folk, if there's one to be added without being a repeat, it's Tengger Calvary.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Brodd wrote:Nice announcement. I've only seen Einherjer once before.
    But there are enough folk/Viking bands now. Don't get me wrong, I love the genre, but I'm really missing some more Death, Stoner, Black and Thrash bands.

There's no such thing as too much thrash! :shred:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:07 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

I think that also applies to folk/viking metal.

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

I think that also applies to folk/viking metal.

indeed, but i wouldn't say no to some death metal as well
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:01 am

METAL CHURCH has been confirmed for 70000tons of metal! That's right, you heard it from me first. :shred:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am

onenight wrote:METAL CHURCH has been confirmed for 70000tons of metal! That's right, you heard it from me first. :shred:

I hope you're right. Where did you hear this?
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:31 pm

2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Nope
    2021 - Are you kidding!

2022 - Depends!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:37 pm

2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:58 pm

SaraMarie wrote:As to more folk, if there's one to be added without being a repeat, it's Tengger Calvary.

Totally agree! They also sound very different from any of the folk bands that have been onbroad already, so they'll be new in every aspect.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm

SaraMarie wrote:As to more folk, if there's one to be added without being a repeat, it's Tengger Calvary.

I would love to see this group live ..... Mongolian folk metal for the win :beerhorns: :cheers:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 pm

onenight wrote:METAL CHURCH has been confirmed for 70000tons of metal! That's right, you heard it from me first. :shred:

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG etcetc....

I sure hope the video having been removed doesn't mean that they were just that close and then something fell through.

C'mon Skipper!!! I wanna do some more wishlist sig colour editing bro!!!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:13 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I sure hope the video having been removed doesn't mean that they were just that close and then something fell through.

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

The video was never an announcement of any sort - just another interview with a band that was previously on.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm

So if the leaked news about KAMPFAR and METAL CHURCH is correct, we now have, repeat-wise:

2012 - Alestorm, Annihilator, God Dethroned, Grave Digger, In Extremo, Kataklysm, Therion
    2013 - Ensiferum, Metal Church
    BTH - Behemoth, Kampfar, Municipal Waste, Napalm Death
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:42 pm

klons wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

The video was never an announcement of any sort - just another interview with a band that was previously on.

That makes me think Bravewords misinterpreted the video as an announcement. We shall see. Wouldn't mind having them on broad again. They were excellent on the pool deck. Lots of rain just added to the fun.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 am

cowboy71 wrote:So if the leaked news about KAMPFAR and METAL CHURCH is correct, we now have, repeat-wise:

2012 - Alestorm, Annihilator, God Dethroned, Grave Digger, In Extremo, Kataklysm, Therion
    2013 - Ensiferum, Metal Church
    BTH - Behemoth, Kampfar, Municipal Waste, Napalm Death

Need to add Cannibal Corpse to 2012.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
Post Reply 3601 posts