Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

Re: Another Scouting Party?

by Dimma » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 am

Memnoch wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Old saying is "if it ain't broke,don't fix it " applies here.It is a business after all ,cabins have sold well so be need to fill them.Like everyone says it has been this way every year ,first couple of years they had to establish the cruise but after that no.What if they announced all 60 bands by June and cruise only filled 75% of cabins.They would permanently screw themselves into announcing everything early because if they went back to "normal " pattern, people would think something went wrong.

Umm, this makes no sense. If they sold out the cruise, it would. We (as in the "cruise family") seem to think that because we like the cruise so much and try and go every year means there's a lot of hype elsewhere and that people are just waiting to throw their money at Andy. Nope, talking to people who haven't been on the cruise shows that while a lot of people look at it like something they might do some time in the future, most also say the high price makes it a lot more lineup dependent. And at least for us Europeans and the Upsidedownians making the decision to go in January just isn't going to happen.
    Most festivals, and most music cruises announce their lineups early year after year. And if a festival or cruise has proven to be so amazing that the lineup doesn't really matter, they sell out in a heartbeat with only a handful (if that) bands announced. And I don't think 70k is there yet. It could be, but with so many people bitching about the lack of announcements, it won't.

For me personally, this year is different in that I didn't book early and am not in the slightest bit annoyed by the lack of bands. Ok, maybe a bit annoyed or I wouldn't be writing this. I'm anxious to hang our with good friends in January, not so much about the cruise itself. It almost feels like a necessary evil that I have to go to to meet my friends. Sure, there are a few bands I'm thrilled to see, and without a doubt there'll be a couple more come January.

And I think this year has been a bit better in that at the very least UMC has been posting photos on their facebook and such, so there hasn't been a real radio silence this year. What does annoy me is the fact that they decided to bring back the scouting parties and the "we're headed south south-east" posts and the clues about next announcements, and then nothing.

Yeah, what he said.
    Sure i like a few bands announced. Annihilator, Artillery, Schenker. I'd go watch the chick bands and the novelty ones.

But dude! You've got 60 spots this year! And only half full with just over two months till departure.

What's got me over the line the previous two years has been some kick arse bands. Metal Legends.

All i'm seeing now is repeats and bands i can catch at the local pub with a couple of hundred others.

For me to spend another 5K upfront, he's gonna have to drastically change his marketing strategy.

But then again, i think the cruise has become more about catching up with friends, seeing bands is just a bonus.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 am

Let's not forget that, with 50% more tickets to sell this year over last, UMC has to get a lot of first-timers excited enough to book. Their strategy is showing: post a bunch of photos to Facebook of people having a great time. Is it going to work? If I was on the fence about going, it would not work for me. I'd be waiting for band announcements.
    Last year I played the waiting game and by the time enough bands I liked were announced, it was too short notice for me to rearrange my schedule and book expensive flights. The cruise sold out shortly before sailing, iirc. With 1000 more tickets to unload this year, I'm surprised that UMC is putting so much faith in last-minute sales.
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:13 am

acidbasement wrote:Let's not forget that, with 50% more tickets to sell this year over last, UMC has to get a lot of first-timers excited enough to book. Their strategy is showing: post a bunch of photos to Facebook of people having a great time. Is it going to work? If I was on the fence about going, it would not work for me. I'd be waiting for band announcements.
    Last year I played the waiting game and by the time enough bands I liked were announced, it was too short notice for me to rearrange my schedule and book expensive flights. The cruise sold out shortly before sailing, iirc. With 1000 more tickets to unload this year, I'm surprised that UMC is putting so much faith in last-minute sales.

I honestly don't think there are too many cabins left to be sold. As I said I'm quite sure 85 to 90% of the cabins are sold out. And about catching newcomers, well, announcing Blind Guardian, Arch Enemy, Ensiferum, In Extremo, Equilibrium, Annihilator, Apocalyptica or Korpiklaani during the first months is a hell of a magnet. I don't think you need to do much more to gather a lot of attention. Some friends of mine will be newcomers this year and the first wave of announcements was enough to convince them.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:26 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:Let's not forget that, with 50% more tickets to sell this year over last, UMC has to get a lot of first-timers excited enough to book. Their strategy is showing: post a bunch of photos to Facebook of people having a great time. Is it going to work? If I was on the fence about going, it would not work for me. I'd be waiting for band announcements.

I honestly don't think there are too many cabins left to be sold. As I said I'm quite sure 85 to 90% of the cabins are sold out. And about catching newcomers, well, announcing Blind Guardian, Arch Enemy, Ensiferum, In Extremo, Equilibrium, Annihilator, Apocalyptica or Korpiklaani during the first months is a hell of a magnet. I don't think you need to do much more to gather a lot of attention. Some friends of mine will be newcomers this year and the first wave of announcements was enough to convince them.

Exactly what happened for me: Blind Guardians, Equilibrium and Ensiferum made me book my first cruise.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:37 am

Me too. This will be my first cruise after years of lust, and the initial burst of announcements convinced me. But there are definitely still people on the fence or we wouldn't have a "book now!" non-announcement every day on Facebook. For the first-timers still on the fence, earlier band announcements make it easier to book plane tickets to Ft. Lauderdale.
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm

MikeB wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

Exactly what happened for me: Blind Guardians, Equilibrium and Ensiferum made me book my first cruise.

Exactly, same with me. They try to break out the biggest names in the beginning to get people interested, and to start a steady flow of sales. Then after they start selling most of their cabins (in this case 85%-90% apparently) they can relax and not work so hard to book/announce more bands because they already have enough cabins booked for the time being and aren't rushing to meet deadlines.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Those expensive cabins are very few in number and UMC gets the same amount of money for a person who books the least expensive cabins. There are sales goals that they have to hit and they already did.The more expensive cabins might even sell out this year.Probably 90 percent sold out now, my guess also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:44 pm

The Sirens are playing Mexico in January, that better mean they are playing the cruise too.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Memnoch wrote:What does annoy me is the fact that they decided to bring back the scouting parties and the "we're headed south south-east" posts and the clues about next announcements, and then nothing.

Yeah, that IS pretty lame. I mean, if you're gonna start a game, follow through and fuckin play it!
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Let's play... http://nightlifenewcastle.co.uk/wp-cont ... 02x336.jpg Newcastle, plus the obvious poisonous comment, means Venom, many people called this, WHY NOT ANNOUNCE IT AND MOVE ON! :bitch:
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:The Sirens are playing Mexico in January, that better mean they are playing the cruise too.

That would be freaking amazing!
    And they would give UMC good nautical announcement material. Wait, maybe the pretty girls in Denmark (even if they're not Danes) clue meant them and not Pretty Maids?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:47 am

That would be pretty awesome. Liv seemed to have a great time this year so hopefully she has been talking it up to the other two ladies :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:06 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:Andy ALWAYS delivers. so why worry
    yeah, it may not be the perfect strategy but as longs as it works for andy, why bother?

Because some of us want time to get familiar with ALL the bands onbroad, and decide which ones we like and which ones we don't. Unfortunately I haven't listened to every single metal band ever, so chances are some of the 30 bands left will be complete or almost complete strangers to me. I want the chance to listen to them carefully before departing in order to make sure I don't miss anything I don't want to miss.

This point has been mentioned several times before, and luckily enough, not only by me.

o dear o dear i need to know what band is playing what before hand
    why so serious?
    we all know that the majority of the bands will be known long before we sail so you have plenty of time
    besides that
    i don't even want to know what they're playing, at most i want to know the genre
    i'm going to deal this cruise same way i do festivals. we'll see how it goes. i'm not going to plan (except the ones i really want to see)
    i like to get surprised by bands, yeah and sometimes they dissapoint. big deal, off to the next one
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:27 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:o dear o dear i need to know what band is playing what before hand
    why so serious?

Don't you enjoy the concerts much more when you are familiar with the band and the songs? Well, I do. It's not a matter of being serious, it's a matter of "I want to make the most of this experience and part of is is knowing what I'm going to watch". It's my point of view and you don't need to agree with it.

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:we all know that the majority of the bands will be known long before we sail so you have plenty of time

You must be kidding, right? In case you're not, you should know that 50% of last cruise's lineup was announced the last month prior to sailing.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:51 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:o dear o dear i need to know what band is playing what before hand
    why so serious?

Don't you enjoy the concerts much more when you are familiar with the band and the songs? Well, I do. It's not a matter of being serious, it's a matter of "I want to make the most of this experience and part of is is knowing what I'm going to watch". It's my point of view and you don't need to agree with it.

as i said, i like to be surprised.

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:we all know that the majority of the bands will be known long before we sail so you have plenty of time

You must be kidding, right? In case you're not, you should know that 50% of last cruise's lineup was announced the last month prior to sailing.[/quote]

no not kidding. that may only have been the last cruise. and still that was a month. you can't tell me you can't check out a band within a month?

i don't even care. i had to much fun now knowing who was which band(member)
    makes a lot of room for fun stories afterwards

still, complain all you want but nothing will change. announcement will come when they will

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:37 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:...still, complain all you want but nothing will change. announcement will come when they will

And alas, we arrive once more at the perfect illustration of how the chosen marketing method essentially killed the great little forum community spawned by the amazing brainchild of an event.

- Give people an amazing experience to bring them together and feel they're part of something special that 99.999% of the population have absolutely no idea about

- Provide a space for them to share their thoughts about said experience

- Provide subsequent follow-up events that build even more excitement than the original now that all in the community know how insanely incredible the original turned out to be (view any number of threads from spring of 2011 to see what a heavy metal love-fest this place was upon returning from Cozumel).

- Despite rumblings from said community, drag announcement process out to the point that many become frustrated and annoyed and justifiably complain.

- Repeatedly make and break promises not to repeat announcement delays

- Allow frustrations and complaints to fester to the point where there's just as much complaining about the complainers and some of the more active/vocal members are now divided by the delivery style of the very thing that brought them together in the first place

- Sit back and watch as half the community migrates to facebook to escape the infighting and because the whole place has lost half it's original charm

- Try to revive some of misplaced appeal by re-introducing old, favoured gimmick but only enough to get people's hopes up that maybe things could return to what they were

- Lose interest and once again decline to offer promised, regular updates and respond to the complaints of part of the core customer base

c`est la ville :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:08 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:...still, complain all you want but nothing will change. announcement will come when they will

And alas, we arrive once more at the perfect illustration of how the chosen marketing method essentially killed the great little forum community spawned by the amazing brainchild of an event.

- Give people an amazing experience to bring them together and feel they're part of something special that 99.999% of the population have absolutely no idea about

- Provide a space for them to share their thoughts about said experience

- Provide subsequent follow-up events that build even more excitement than the original now that all in the community know how insanely incredible the original turned out to be (view any number of threads from spring of 2011 to see what a heavy metal love-fest this place was upon returning from Cozumel).

- Despite rumblings from said community, drag announcement process out to the point that many become frustrated and annoyed and justifiably complain.

- Repeatedly make and break promises not to repeat announcement delays

- Allow frustrations and complaints to fester to the point where there's just as much complaining about the complainers and some of the more active/vocal members are now divided by the delivery style of the very thing that brought them together in the first place

- Sit back and watch as half the community migrates to facebook to escape the infighting and because the whole place has lost half it's original charm

- Try to revive some of misplaced appeal by re-introducing old, favoured gimmick but only enough to get people's hopes up that maybe things could return to what they were

- Lose interest and once again decline to offer promised, regular updates and respond to the complaints of part of the core customer base

c`est la ville :?

I've tried my best not to be vocal about frustrations this year, a lot of people had been quite ruffled with my vocalizations and when it came to stepping onto the ship - I was pissed off. There was a bitter taste in my mouth last year while on the ship. All star jam? "We never announced that", yes you did. And that was only the tip of the iceberg. The resentment of how we were treated for so many months actually really soured my experience last cruise.

Had been set on being done with the cruise but there were a few really good announcements and had friends from Europe (oh my beloved Dutchies) that decided to get back onbroad this year. I caved, not really happy that I did and to be honest if it weren't for my cabin mates I probably would have changed my mind and cancelled my cabin two months ago. Because we're back where we were before. Repeat bands when there are SO MANY great artists that have never played before or would be tough to see in North America, not to mention announcement droughts.

In hopes not to sour my experience this year like had happened last year I've been focusing elsewhere. Like on Maryland Deathfest, where I found out the entire line up some time ago even though its taking place MONTHS after 70K. The hype for 70K doesn't exist anymore for me, felt pushed off of this forum and whenever I think about how much of the line up there is to announce (AND BOOK, UMC has been terrible at booking bands last minute) I just get angry.

But that's just my experience/opinion and only a rant, doesn't matter at the end of the day. That's been proven time and time again towards the repeat cruisers.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:no not kidding. that may only have been the last cruise. and still that was a month. you can't tell me you can't check out a band within a month?

Dude - seriously? I have to take umbrage at that. Look at the stats. it wasn't just "the last cruise". Its got worse every year.

2011 cruise - 3 bands announced in January. Last 3 bands announced with 10 days to sailing
    2012 cruise - 9 bands announced in January. Last 4 bands announced with 4 days to sailing
    2013 cruise - 11 bands announced in January. Last 7 bands announced with 3 days to sailing
    2014 cruise - 16 bands announced in January. 4th last band announced 4 days before sailing. Last band the day before sailing.

Don't know what you do for a living or if you have a family but I work and have kids and a life. I don't have time in the space of 3 weeks to delve into the back catalogs of 16 bands. Especially if a bunch of those bands are announced in the final days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:no not kidding. that may only have been the last cruise. and still that was a month. you can't tell me you can't check out a band within a month?

I can check 60 bands on Youtube in 1 day and say "That band looks nice, that band is fucking shit" but I really can't get into the band like i'd want to.

I don't know for you, but I like to sing the songs and to know the songs, helps a little.
    For The Horde!
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Cowboy: Can you give me the bands that was announced in january each year plz? To see if it's just bullshit bands or if there is some cool stuff
    For The Horde!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:05 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:Cowboy: Can you give me the bands that was announced in january each year plz? To see if it's just bullshit bands or if there is some cool stuff

Too easy for the statsman!

Bands announced in January each year:

2011: Circle II Circle, Arsis, The Absence
    2012: Orphaned Land, Crowbar, Edguy, Sapiency, Vicious Rumors, Massacre, Candlemass, Megora, Diamond Plate
    2013: Ektomorf, Inquisition, Lizzy Borden, Holy Grail, Threat Signal, Nightmare, Anaal Nathrakh, ETECC, Steel Engraved, Fatale Smile, Cryptopsy
    2014: Death To All, Cynic, Novembers Doom, Bonfire, Gloryhammer, Poltergeist, Freedom Call, Hatesphere, Unearth, Swashbuckle, Keep of Kalessin, Twilight of the Gods, Nekrogoblikon, Massacre, Atrocity, Terrorizer.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks man, at least it's not all shit. There are some kick ass (or popular bands)
    For The Horde!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:03 pm

December and January were good months last year.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Yeah, We had gotten some pretty good announcements just weeks before the cruise.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:45 am

acidbasement wrote:December and January were good months last year.

There were no options, last year.. It was a matter of having good months in December and January or having no cruise :lol:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:48 am

yes i admit i have got i easy. i live together with my girlfriend (who is off course joining me)
    so yeah, i wanted i could check all band a week prior for boarding.
    no i don't need to sing along with the songs (although i will admit being able to is more fun)

what i don't get is that to many people expect so much from andy.
    c'mon the guy is working his nuts off to make all this possible.
    sure things go wrong, but as far as i saw andy does learn. altough i can't really say to much about since i only went on the first two cruises.

but in the end, it's still what YOU make of it.
    I booked they very day i could (well do i remember the day lol) and haven't regretted since
    me, my girlfriend and friends who are joining us just can't wait till were are abroad and party with you guys
    any addition to the line up is bonus for us

let's just relax and get ready to parrrrrrrrrrrty :viking:

FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 am

1° I don't know how to take the multiple posts on FB each day like "wear your shirt ... have you seen our barrier ... there is no VIP" etc. Provocation ? What do they expect instead of "anouncemmenntsss please" ?

2° Just to remind an old interview http://metal-exposure.com/interviews/in ... -of-metal/

Andy wrote:Andy: Sadly enough due to personal problems, I was out of the running for three months. The wildest stories were being spread, but let me assure you, it had nothing to do wil alcoholism, drugs or woman problems (laughing). But because I was out of the running and we also had some of our regular staff leave the company, it was hard to manage the announcements. As I have said before, we are learning from our mistakes and we have made sure that this will not happen again. Even if it were the case that I would be out of the running again, which hopefully will not happen and I’m not counting on it, there are people who can take over my duties now.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:21 pm

^^^^^^^
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Andy!!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Maybe this time is IS Alcoloism, Drugs or Woman problems?????
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:17 am

Andy wrote:Even if it were the case that I would be out of the running again, which hopefully will not happen and I’m not counting on it, there are people who can take over my duties now.

The problem here is that they shouldn't try and find people who can replace Andy, but rather people who can do what Andy's clearly not capable of. :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:53 am

Memnoch wrote:
    Andy wrote:Even if it were the case that I would be out of the running again, which hopefully will not happen and I’m not counting on it, there are people who can take over my duties now.

The problem here is that they shouldn't try and find people who can replace Andy, but rather people who can do what Andy's clearly not capable of. :P

Andy doesn't run as much as people think,he is the "face" of UMC.There are a couple of older insider type that backed his idea with money and experience,they keep a low profile.A new Andy would be like changing the press secretary at the White House ,nothing would change but a new "face" would be giving you the news.BTW they announced 30 bands which is way more than this time last year.So how exactly did they not keep their word?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:12 am

deathmetalpat wrote:BTW they announced 30 bands which is way more than this time last year.So how exactly did they not keep their word?

Percentages. Little more than two months left to go and 50% of the lineup still to be announced. Unprofessional. Amateurish.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:49 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:BTW they announced 30 bands which is way more than this time last year.So how exactly did they not keep their word?

Percentages. Little more than two months left to go and 50% of the lineup still to be announced. Unprofessional. Amateurish.

And if you consider they announced 50% of the lineup last year in december/january, this puts 2015 in a close race with 2014 if you look at those numbers.

Except they're posting pictures on facebook and last year was dead silence.
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:54 am

Completely changing subject to something a little bit less depressing.

This has probably been mentioned before but I just noticed that next year will be the 20th anniversary of Blind Guardian's Imaginations from the Other Side. How cool would it be to have it played in its entirety in one of the two sets of the band??
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Completely changing subject to something a little bit less depressing.

This has probably been mentioned before but I just noticed that next year will be the 20th anniversary of Blind Guardian's Imaginations from the Other Side. How cool would it be to have it played in its entirety in one of the two sets of the band??

that would be really awesome!! :headbanger:

they'll release a new album a few weeks before too won't they? The new album premiere would be nice too
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Completely changing subject to something a little bit less depressing.

that would be really awesome!! :headbanger:

they'll release a new album a few weeks before too won't they? The new album premiere would be nice too

The new album, Beyond the Red Mirror, is out 30.01. The first single, Twilight of the Gods, is out 05.12.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Looking forward to hearing some new stuff from Blind Guardian on broad, but would LOVE to hear Imaginations in its entirety!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:29 pm

The 70k Cruise Cycle of Life
    Late January-Go to Miami Party for awhile
    Even Later January -Get on boat,have a great time with friends,see bands,get drunk
    Early February -Post Cruise Depression
    March-Book as fast as you can
    March-June- Get excited as bands are announced,plan vacation and hotels
    June-October -Make airline plans ,start to bitch about the fact the line-up is incomplete
    October-January -Bitch,bitch,bitch swear you never do this again,wait to book yada yada yada
    Happy New Year! :belly:
    Late January-Go to Miami Party for awhile
    Even Later January -Get on boat,have a great time with friends,see bands,get drunk
    Early February -Post Cruise Depression
    March-Book as fast as you can
    March-June- Get excited as bands are announced,plan vacation and hotels
    June-October -Make airline plans ,start to bitch about the fact the line-up is incomplete
    October-January -Bitch,bitch,bitch swear you never do this again,wait to book yada yada yada
    Repeat
    Repeat
    Repeat!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:07 am

cowboy71 wrote:Looking forward to hearing some new stuff from Blind Guardian on broad, but would LOVE to hear Imaginations in its entirety!!

First set: Imaginations in its entirety + And Then There Was Silence

Second set: Album premiere + Nightfall + Mirror Mirror + Valhalla

Aaah... dreaming is free :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

• Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:28 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Looking forward to hearing some new stuff from Blind Guardian on broad, but would LOVE to hear Imaginations in its entirety!!

First set: Imaginations in its entirety + And Then There Was Silence

Second set: Album premiere + Nightfall + Mirror Mirror + Valhalla

Aaah... dreaming is free :D

I want them to play Battalions of Fear. It's my favorite album and I'm bringing my copy of the album for them to sign.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
Post Reply 3601 posts