Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

by Dimma » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:12 pm

I think he'll announce a band today.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Dimma wrote:I think he'll announce a band today.

I hope you are right!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Meat eaters are part of the problem not the solution???

I didn't know there was a problem, and a solution to what?/ Am I missing something here?
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:41 pm

onenight wrote:Meat eaters are part of the problem not the solution???

I didn't know there was a problem, and a solution to what?/ Am I missing something here?

There are no problems. Everything is perfect, and it's a miracle.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Warphine wrote:BTW, it was clearly a joke. For those of you that know me knew I was kidding.

Tough crowd :?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:53 pm

acidbasement wrote:

If everything was perfect we would have more band announcements! :bitch:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • LauraW
    Crewman

by LauraW » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:00 pm

acidbasement wrote:

There is a hunger problem in the world. Cattle take up approximately 10 times the resources (land, water, fuel, etc.) to raise as an equivalent amount of protein from vegetable sources. While I assume that nobody who can afford to go on this cruise has to deal with malnutrition, billions of people in the world do. When we purchase a Big Mac from beef that was raised on land cleared in the Amazon we are, in essence, taking away food from people living subsistence lifestyles in that area. In other places like Africa, due to a rising wealthy elite class in cities, farms are being converted to cattle which causes another problem. As someone mentioned earlier, cattle also produce a great deal of methane which contributes to global warming as well; more than automobiles do by most estimates.

I have no idea if either of these are the "problem" to which Alyssa was referring, but consumption of meat, particularly beef, does cause problems.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Yup, eating less beef and only eating grass-fed beef would be good things.

Hey, let's change the subject. What's everyone's favourite statistical test? I really like the Mann-Whitney U test. It beats the hell out of getting band announcements, amirite?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Now would be a good time for a Cattle Decapitation announcement :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Warphine wrote:BTW, it was clearly a joke. For those of you that know me knew I was kidding.

Tough crowd :?

You laughed. That's good enough for me! :heavydrink:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Oh man....
    ....this is what happens when Andy dicks around with the announcements...... ;)

Seriously though.... I'm sympathetic to several of the viewpoints mentioned here from the hard core vegan idea to the meatlover.....I'm somewhere in between as I've never (nor plan to) given up animal products altogether, yet I'm deep down unhappy with the the "idea" of eating an animal of any kind. So, yeah - I'm conflicted. :? ;)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:06 am

I ate a vegan once .... is that a meat or a vegetable ? :cheers: :givebeer: :beerhorns: I can assure it wasn't a cow, maybe a sheep/lamb (far past a cherry)a bush of some type :lol: :lol: :lol: very juicy
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 am

Jesus fucking christ, look what Andy's done to all of us, talking about cows, grass and world hunger. I almost forgot this is a cruise forum :D :D :D

Have a nice no-announcement friday everyone :headbanger:
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 am

bodomdragon wrote:Have a nice no-announcement friday everyone :headbanger:

You jinxed it! Now we might actually have a band announcement tomorrow. :P
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:40 am

LauraW wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:

There is a hunger problem in the world. Cattle take up approximately 10 times the resources (land, water, fuel, etc.) to raise as an equivalent amount of protein from vegetable sources. While I assume that nobody who can afford to go on this cruise has to deal with malnutrition, billions of people in the world do. When we purchase a Big Mac from beef that was raised on land cleared in the Amazon we are, in essence, taking away food from people living subsistence lifestyles in that area. In other places like Africa, due to a rising wealthy elite class in cities, farms are being converted to cattle which causes another problem. As someone mentioned earlier, cattle also produce a great deal of methane which contributes to global warming as well; more than automobiles do by most estimates.

I have no idea if either of these are the "problem" to which Alyssa was referring, but consumption of meat, particularly beef, does cause problems.

Global warming? If you lived in northern Indiana you wouldn't think there was global warming. It's cold as fuck here. Always has been, always will be. The winters keep getting longer and colder every year. That would be global "cooling" This is why people go south in the winter where it's warm. Always has been, always will be.

Now, let's get back to more band announcements. :cool:
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:51 am

Jotunheimr wrote:

Now you just un-jinxed his jinx :cry:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

Now you just un-jinxed his jinx :cry:

We are MOST CERTAINLY not getting an announcement today.

*Crosses fingers secretly*
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:33 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    We are MOST CERTAINLY not getting an announcement today.

*Crosses fingers secretly*

yeaaah!! let's NOT get an announcement today :roll:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:08 am

Laura wrote:Oh man....
    ....this is what happens when Andy dicks around with the announcements...... ;)

Let's get Andy Dick to do some stand-up...or just use "Andy Dick" as a nickname for someone (?)
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:01 pm

meshuggah wrote: "Andy Dick"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:16 pm

I just participated in the slaying of a cow. Does Andy announce bands in response to ritual sacrifice?

Lollers at the guy who thought Indiana being cold in winter disproves global warming.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:32 pm

acidbasement wrote:Lollers at the guy who thought Indiana being cold in winter disproves global warming.

I think a Canadian that hasn't seen snow half way through December proves it completely :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:54 pm

acidbasement wrote:I just participated in the slaying of a cow. Does Andy announce bands in response to ritual sacrifice?

Lollers at the guy who thought Indiana being cold in winter disproves global warming.

I don't think Inidiana winters disproves anything. I was just fucking with the person who takes life too seriously. Eat meat, don't eat meat, I don't give a rats ass. I have more important things to worry about, like trying to stay warm in this cold ass climate. Where's global warming when you need it!!?
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:06 pm

More important things like band announcements, lets fucking go!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Band announcements suck. Metal is stupid. I want a pony!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Global warming and AndyDick both get equal blame for my sweaty balls!

Where's the announcements????
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Odgand
    Oiler

by Odgand » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 am

IS ANDY CANCELING THE SHIP OR WHAT!!!??? :bitch:

With all the respect you deserve... Don't be a badass and give a response to your loyal costumers!!! :cry:
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:53 am

... actually, if he WAS badass, he WOULD make announcements.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 am

Madkill wrote:... actually, if he WAS badass, he WOULD make announcements.

Are you suggesting that our beloved skipper is a PUSSY?????
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:53 pm

I agree the skipper deserve a lot of respect and is not a 'pussy'

That being said, we are at 40 days until sail with 28 bands to announce. I hope he did not bite off more then he could chew by doubling the size of this years trip. Bigger is better..until the things get so big they collapse on themselves. I am not rooting for that in the least, and am hoping behind the scenes it is all coming together exactly the way they wanted...but would feel MUCH better if announcement were coming.
    Last edited by slayergeek on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:31 pm

You would think that the guy might want to get more cabins booked by announcing some bands that people want to see, announcing them a month before the cruise doesn't give much time to get a vacation in order..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • LauraW
    Crewman

by LauraW » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:41 pm

slayergeek wrote:I agree the skipper deserve a lot of respect and is not a 'pussy'

That being said, we are at 40 days until sail with 28 bands to announce. I hope he did not bite off more then he could chew by doubling the size of this years trip. Bigger is better..until the things get so big they collapse on themselves. I am not rooting for that in the least, and am hoping behind the scenes it is all coming together exactly the way they wanted...but would feel MUCH better if announcement were coming.

I am starting to wonder if so few cabins have sold that he can't afford to pay the bands that he'd initially contacted/booked/whatever and now he's trying to play let's make a deal or get lesser-known, cheaper bands to replace them
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 pm

If he would announces the damn bands faster, the ship would sell out. The number one thing from keeping people interested in the boat from actually booking every year, even year after year of solid diverse lineups is the lack of announcements so close to departure. Andy, if you need someone to help expedite this process (because I know booking agents are slow ass bastards when it comes to this), I would be happy to help (many others with more experience I know would be happy to help too). Expedite is my favorite word & I hate to see the cruise do so horribly when Andy, you and I know your product, no matter how many copycats try, is one of a kind. And you can't say it's doing well this time around, just see how many cabins are left. You need to get something figured out, your act together, whatever is going on, over and done with. I personally think it's a mistake not to think that MDF is huge competetion, especially with the second fest. Despite it being land based they are the biggest US festival next to the cruise. You have spawned thousands of cruisers, and by the slew of sold out hotels in FLL, preparty events, ect. very organized ones at that. MDF does one thing 70K fails at every year. Communication. If enough 70K cruisers requested it, I'm positive the MDF guys wouldn't hesitate a thought at their own try at a cruise. Don't forget, they have a good product too.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:59 pm

biertroll wrote:.... I'm positive the MDF guys wouldn't hesitate a thought at their own try at a cruise. Don't forget, they have a good product too.

An MDF-branded cruise. That might indeed be an interesting one!

Not one that would interest me as I'm not a death fan, but a cruise with the MDF branding would garner a lot of publicity.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    biertroll wrote:.... I'm positive the MDF guys wouldn't hesitate a thought at their own try at a cruise. Don't forget, they have a good product too.

Not one that would interest me as I'm not a death fan, but a cruise with the MDF branding would garner a lot of publicity.

An MDF cruise would provide competition for the Barge, which might make Andy want to plan some more runs for BTH in the future.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:11 am

Flashback. Summer Breeze, August 15th 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xquixyk4Q

The last 30 seconds - Andy PROMISES that the BAND announcements won't drag out like last year (except one BIG surprise).

Last year with 39 days to go we had 23 band announcements to come. Currently we have at least 28.

I guess its not dragging out like last year - its worse :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:23 am

didn't the skipper say we would all the bands before we set sail? and that is what 39 days to go .... he has plenty of time yet to piss us off our make us very happy .... yes I would like more time to listen to some of the bands yet to be announced , yet I know there has been a few bands that didn't know they were even on the boat until 2 weeks before we set sail, so don't sweat it ? let us scream like motherfuckers and say we want to know sooner so we can become more familiar with their music .
    \m/ :cheers: :beerhorns: :lol: :givebeer:
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:24 am

Not counting weekend days (with their notorious lack of announcments), we're now down to ONE ANNOUNCEMENT PER DAY.

Time to get on with it!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:32 am

DragonLordJones wrote:didn't the skipper say we would all the bands before we set sail?

Yeah as I said on facebook, him saying the band announcements "won't drag out like last year" - last year we had 2 bands announced the day we sailed. So this year he could announce every single remaining band the day before we sail and technically it hasn't dragged out like last year :P

But that is kind of like pissing on our backs and telling us its raining.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:35 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

An MDF cruise would provide competition for the Barge, which might make Andy want to plan some more runs for BTH in the future.

Sadly, I don't think an MDF cruise is on the horizon anytime soon. They just announced a west coast fest that's happening next October, so I'm sure they're focusing on that for the time being.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
Post Reply 3600 posts