Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: A Land Of Many Possibilities

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:36 am

Andy wrote:You guessed right, one of the Scouting Parties is in Oslo, the beautiful capital of Norway, a land of vast Metal possibilities that certainly needs our Undivided attention. But why Troll you any longer, let’s start with the numbers! We’ve got a really hellish one for you: Please Welcome 1349 onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

Surely the Norwegian Scouts aren't done yet, or are they?

You forgot to post it here before, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:13 am

1349 ,I am surprised by so fast an announcement ,I was expecting a picture of Room 1349 on the boat lol :bmhorns: .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:23 am

deathmetalpat wrote:1349 ,I am surprised by so fast an announcement ,I was expecting a picture of Room 1349 on the boat lol :bmhorns: .

I just checked, and there's no 1349, nearest is 1348 and 1350, both Owner's Suites.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Half Of Them Decided To Follow The Black Light

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:23 am

Phoenix wrote:Happy Sol Invictus everybody! :death:

Haven't had the chance to delve too deep into black metal yet, but I would most definitely catch a set of these guys.

Jeez, you were right so far. So we get another announcement tomorrow? :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Haven't had the chance to delve too deep into black metal yet, but I would most definitely catch a set of these guys.

Don't risk jinxing it :lol:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 am

Speedy wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:1349 ,I am surprised by so fast an announcement ,I was expecting a picture of Room 1349 on the boat lol :bmhorns: .

I just checked, and there's no 1349, nearest is 1348 and 1350, both Owner's Suites.

Owner Suites are still for sale and the most expensive,one web site says Room 1350 is right underneath a "noisy disco"; not a problem on this cruise.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:56 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

Don't risk jinxing it :lol:

I wish I had some wooden office furniture to go knock on >.<

But if it is true, I have learned a lot about Andy and will very much enjoy celebrating the solstice/Christmahanakawnza/whatever else you call it... with metal. :bmhorns:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:03 am

Oh fuck, I love Trollfest, I hope it's them.

I also notice that "Metal" was capitalised in Andy's post, in case that's a clue.
    Skoden. Stoodis.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 am

acidbasement wrote:Oh fuck, I love Trollfest, I hope it's them.

I also notice that "Metal" was capitalised in Andy's post, in case that's a clue.

That would be the most ambiguous clue yet. Oh geez, what band could be on this cruise that has something to do with "Metal"? :smash:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:14 am

METAL CHURCH
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 am

I will be absolutely fin without any band that has the name troll in it, bit then again, I have plenty of great bands on this lineup already.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:24 am

There's 2 bands from Norway with metal in the name, metal eagle and metal maniacs.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 am

Phoenix wrote:

That would be the most ambiguous clue yet. Oh geez, what band could be on this cruise that has something to do with "Metal"? :smash:

:lol:

Btw I couldn't help but wonder if "hellish" was a clue. I even wondered if "let's start with the numbers" is a clue. Maybe I went a little bit too far, but as they are not capitalized I didn't think much more about it :D
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 am

meshuggah wrote:

METAL CHURCH

They have no singer.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:47 am

Stained Class wrote:There's 2 bands from Norway with metal in the name, metal eagle and metal maniacs.

Both split up.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 am

Dimma wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

METAL CHURCH

They have no singer.

Their website indicates that they are not finished and will continue with "maybe the return of a former vocalist".
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:24 am

I think the "Metal" isn't a clue (it's the genre), neither is "start with the numbers" (refers to 1349). But hellish could be? Is 1349's subject matter particularly demonic? If not... Perhaps a real "Hellish" Norwegian band is on the horizon.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 am

Maybe it's Hellyeah???? It might be fun watching Vinnie Paul party :shots: :boobs:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:55 am

Phoenix wrote:I think the "Metal" isn't a clue (it's the genre), neither is "start with the numbers" (refers to 1349). But hellish could be? Is 1349's subject matter particularly demonic? If not... Perhaps a real "Hellish" Norwegian band is on the horizon.

1349 is the year when the Black Death plague reached Norway and as far as I am concerned that's where they got their name from. Kinda hellish, if you ask me. I don't know if that rules "hellish" out as a clue though.
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:13 am

I'm not familiar with 1349's music, but here's what Metal-Archives has to say

Lyrical themes:
    Anti-Religion, Apocalypse, Darkness

Pretty "hellish" if you ask me... we may have one or two more bands with similar lyrical themes, but I wouldn't count it as a clue

Edit: Plus, they have and album called Hellfire, released in 2005.
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:20 am

Mr.Kito wrote:I'm not familiar with 1349's music, but here's what Metal-Archives has to say

Lyrical themes:
    Anti-Religion, Apocalypse, Darkness

Pretty "hellish" if you ask me... we may have one or two more bands with similar lyrical themes, but I wouldn't count it as a clue

Edit: Plus, they have and album called Hellfire, released in 2005.

Yeah ok, those were just band descriptors then. BUT, Undivided and Troll are totally clues. So what, possible Sonata, Trollfest, the Undivided band whose name escapes me and possibly a couple more obvious hints unannounced?
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:23 am

Phoenix wrote:Is 1349's subject matter particularly demonic?

I don't know their subject matter, but 1349 is the year the black death came to Norway.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:26 am

Phoenix wrote:the Undivided band whose name escapes me

I don't know if I mentioned this in this thread or somewhere else. I'm quite sure the clue is pointing to Divided Multitude. We have:

a) The band (DM) posting on their Facebook page that "big news are coming soooon" a few days ago and that is still their latest update.
    b) They are from Norway and the announcement says that "Surely the Norwegian Scouts aren’t done yet".
    c) The "Undivided" clue :)

So yeah, this is either a funny coincidence or we'll have these guys with us.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:30 am

bodomdragon wrote:

I don't know if I mentioned this in this thread or somewhere else. I'm quite sure the clue is pointing to Divided Multitude. We have:

a) The band (DM) posting on their Facebook page that "big news are coming soooon" a few days ago and that is still their latest update.
    b) They are from Norway and the announcement says that "Surely the Norwegian Scouts aren’t done yet".

That's the one! Yeah they already heavily speculated that in the Facebook group, I just forgot the name.
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:38 am

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

That's the one! Yeah they already heavily speculated that in the Facebook group, I just forgot the name.

So we have Sonata Arctica, Divided Multitude, The Holy Ship Clue, Troll Clue (probably trollfest) and the Hamburg band yet to be announced or am I missing any other clues?
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:42 am

There's a Hamburg band yet to go up? I don't remember that one.
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 am

Phoenix wrote:There's a Hamburg band yet to go up? I don't remember that one.

This scouting part was only announced (don't know why) on facebook, they never posted this on the website or the forum
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:07 am

Gamma Ray is from Hamburg and has been rumoured a lot. And apparently the Holy Ship clue is Holy Moses, because they're said to be on as well.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 am

Memnoch wrote:Gamma Ray is from Hamburg and has been rumoured a lot. And apparently the Holy Ship clue is Holy Moses, because they're said to be on as well.

...and if Gamma Ray are booked, they could also take Unisonic as Hansen would be already onbroad :D

A Gamma Ray + Unisonic combo would be KILLER. Plus it would let me dream of having Avantasia onbroad as we'd already have three singers who have played with them live (Kiske, Hansen and Atkins).
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:21 am

Nah, I think GR is plenty for weenie stuff. Time to get some death and doom (and death-doom).
    Wishlist:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 am

No, thanks :D
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:24 am

Some people want death metal.. some want melodic metal

why not bring more MELODIC DEATH METAL? Like Scar Symmetry or More Principium Est? :beerwink:
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:28 am

Mr.Kito wrote:why not bring more MELODIC DEATH METAL? Like Scar Symmetry or More Principium Est? :beerwink:

NOW WE'RE TALKING.

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:48 am

Mr.Kito wrote:Some people want death metal.. some want melodic metal

why not bring more MELODIC DEATH METAL?

Because melodic death metal ≠ death metal.
    Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:53 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:why not bring more MELODIC DEATH METAL? Like Scar Symmetry or More Principium Est? :beerwink:

NOW WE'RE TALKING.

ALL OF THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

Man, I think my dream other than that would be for Silent Civilian to revive on the boat, but that'll never happen... They disappeared. That and they were tiny.

I guess my other dream would be, CoB playing a Follow the Reaper/Hate Crew set. Holy fucking shit. :shred:
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:So we have Sonata Arctica, Divided Multitude, The Holy Ship Clue, Troll Clue (probably trollfest) and the Hamburg band yet to be announced or am I missing any other clues?

Since Andy is finally playing along, lets retrace:

Going back to September 25th:
    "Last night 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise set sail from Helsinki. Due to popular request we left a scouting party behind. They will gather some more Finns to join our line-up before the arctic winter arrives…

Our course: South-West"

FINLAND SCOUTING PARTY:
    "arctic" = Sonata Arctica most likely
    "winter" = if this is a clue it could either be At Winter's End, Winterwolf, Wintersun, Winterborn?
    "some more Finns" could mean there's more coming?

Then we had the Artillery annoucement hinting towards Pretty Maids. And left a Scouting Party in Denmark's side of the Bridge and the Ship continued north of the bridge, dropped a Scouting Party in UK (Newcastle, hinting Venom) and continued East South-East (Hamburg).

Next Venom is announced and says "Wonder what our other Scouting Parties have to report? Our guys in the UK said they were obviously not done yet, and headed South!" so Scouting Parties here are Finland, Denmark, and UK.

Then the ship "has been sighted sailing West in the North Sea. We heard rumors that they dropped off another Scouting Party in the beautiful city of Hamburg, Germany last night." So the ship is heading back to England?

Then Denmark scouts bring Pretty Maids and cross the bridge to Sweden

Then German scouts get Destruction and the hint goes "All these Scouting Parties (UK, Sweden, Finland, Germany by now), but where did the Holy Ship end up?"

UK SCOUTING PARTY
    "Holy Ship" = so if it was going West towards england, then maybe it's going to pick up the UK scouts and the word Holy could maybe refer to Holy Rage, Al Atkins' band?

Then the Swedish scouts split, and half go to Oslo for 1349 saying "Surely the Norwegian Scouts aren't done yet, or are they?" and hinting for:

NORWEGIAN SCOUTING PARTY
    "Undivided" = Divided Multitude
    "Troll" = most likely Trollfest
    and maybe "Metal" = no Norwegian band with the word "Metal" in their name comes to mind.

And while there is still talk of Gamma Ray on account of the German Scouting Party, we have no more clues from them, and we still have no clues for the Swedish Scouting Party.
    What am I missing?
    :death:
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

NOW WE'RE TALKING.

Man, I think my dream other than that would be for Silent Civilian to revive on the boat, but that'll never happen... They disappeared. That and they were tiny.

I guess my other dream would be, CoB playing a Follow the Reaper/Hate Crew set. Holy fucking shit. :shred:

I don't know if CoB are available. If they are, I want them. I've watched them live 7 or 8 times, and the last one was probably the best. It was this summer, in Summer Breeze, and the setlist, sound and performance were simply perfect:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/children- ... ece31.html

(Yeah, we don't need songs from their last two albums, but they were cool and only played one from each).
    Wishlist:

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:I searched google these words: Undivided attention metal norway

And the first result was this: https://meatmeadmetal.wordpress.com/201 ... til-endes/

The band is Khold.
    I dont know this band, its the first time I heard that, but can be a possibility.

Not to disappoint you but I don't think that's a real possibility. I think it's just a coincidence that you ended up finding this band because the author of the article used the idiom "undivided attention" while talking about them.
    Wishlist:

manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:19 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Gamma Ray is from Hamburg and has been rumoured a lot. And apparently the Holy Ship clue is Holy Moses, because they're said to be on as well.

...and if Gamma Ray are booked, they could also take Unisonic as Hansen would be already onbroad :D

A Gamma Ray + Unisonic combo would be KILLER. Plus it would let me dream of having Avantasia onbroad as we'd already have three singers who have played with them live (Kiske, Hansen and Atkins).

THANK YOU. I think we should be friends.
    Kiske is my spirit animal; I'll take whatever band comes with him. And Gamma Ray would be amazing.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:57 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

I don't know if CoB are available. If they are, I want them. I've watched them live 7 or 8 times, and the last one was probably the best. It was this summer, in Summer Breeze, and the setlist, sound and performance were simply perfect:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/children- ... ece31.html

(Yeah, we don't need songs from their last two albums, but they were cool and only played one from each).

Oh my god that set list. Just... Sploosh.
Post Reply 3601 posts