Crewman

Re: Trolling Right Along to Jamaica

by Jöhn&Melönius » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Satan would make my day.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Some far less likely than others of course...

Suicidal Tendencies

Scatterbrain

Saint Vitus

Sir Lord Baltimore

Sleep

Scorpions

Skid Row

Skull Fist

Spirit Caravan

The Skull

Sanctuary

Slough Feg

Steel Panther

Striker

Supershine

Sword

The Sword
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Sacrifice
    Skyfire
    Spiral Architect
    Solstafir
    Sigh
    Sodom
    Subterranean Masquerade
    Sargon
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry

...or...

Scar Symmetry.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Wouldn't the "S" band be the somewhat solidly rumored Sonata Arctica?
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:36 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:Wouldn't the "S" band be the somewhat solidly rumored Sonata Arctica?

Shhhhhh

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:37 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry

...or...

Scar Symmetry.

I like the way you think :cheers:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Jöhn&Melönius wrote:Satan would make my day.

This!

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry
    Scar Symmetry

...or...

Scar Symmetry.

I like the way you think :cheers:

Yesssss!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Every year, towards the end, we have heard the promise "a huge surprise". Have we ever actually received one?

I'm not talking really cool shit that we were stoked for and enjoyed the shit out of. I mean.... something worthy of the hype. That blew everybody's socks off.

Again, don't get me wrong. Venom is enough for me.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:56 pm

EvilDan wrote:Every year, towards the end, we have heard the promise "a huge surprise". Have we ever actually received one?

I'm not talking really cool shit that we were stoked for and enjoyed the shit out of. I mean.... something worthy of the hype. That blew everybody's socks off.

Really depends by peoples defenition.But generally no.The only one of merit was the Candlemass one i guess.
    Bands announced recently aren't great.Destruction and Pretty Maids are decent bands but nothing out of the ordinary.Trollfests music i listened to long time ago when they made their first records.It's funny stuff but the music is not very good.Just a typical lets mark off folk metal representation by selecting X band on generic crappy paganfest tour thing.
    I don't think there will be any big announcements booked for the cruise.Just usual suspect bands everyone knows and suspects.
    I do reckon that the only 'big' announcment that won't be big for most people is a possible Metal Church reunion with Mike Howe doing their first show with him on the cruise.There have been subtle hints at this reunion happening by Metal church and other places but wheter it's been negogiated or not is another thing.
    Also anybody thinking they don't have all the bands already booked is a fool.He would have finalised them months ago.The only exceptions would be cancelations.More than likely he would have spent more time at this stage booking bands for the cruise the year after.Thats how promoters work for festivals.Despite this being common knowledge of this i think maybe some people live in their own fairy tale world where promoters have unlimited wealth and don't have to prepare ahead to avoid higher flight costs for bands etc.
    Still see people thinking Emperor as a possibility.It's not..the only reason they reformed was for money and lots of it.More than 100k euro for each gig.Probably 4-5 times more than any band on this cruise is getting ;)
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:24 pm

EvilDan wrote:Every year, towards the end, we have heard the promise "a huge surprise". Have we ever actually received one?

I was quite surprised with the Lizzy Borden announcement in 2013, but then again, i'd never seen him before.

Was a bucketlist band before then.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 pm

I hope the big band is Avantasia, big as in lots of artists involved. Missed them Live when I was living in Mexico City a couple years ago, always regretted it.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:47 am

For me a "big band" is a band that can make shows -here in france- in arena containing 6000 people (deep purple, judas priest, slayer, megadeth, nightwish ... to name a few). Any other band is not "big" for me, even if i love them very much of course.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:40 am

S bands

So many good ones from those lists ^

This is my choice. Sigh (Japan)
    What an awesome show they'd put on.
    But....I hear Mikannibal is pregnant or something. :evil:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:49 am

Cardest wrote:S bands

she had her kid, so not pregnant anymore
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:30 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Cardest wrote:S bands

she had her kid, so not pregnant anymore

Woohoo! That would be a definite 2-setter for me.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:08 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:Also, it says "Next Norwegian Town". Bergen? Could we be getting Enslaved?

If they go to Bergen, they better be recruiting Borknagar!
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:13 am

Conrad wrote:
    Tono_Fyr wrote:Also, it says "Next Norwegian Town". Bergen? Could we be getting Enslaved?

^^^this

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:36 am

Enslaved is great but I have seen them many times, bring on Borknagar!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:01 am

Enslaved will tour the US starting in March.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:18 pm

WELL happy with the Trollfest announcement! I didn't know they still existed, bangin!
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Not expecting any announcements today. Weekend/early-week announcements are very few and far between.

What I am expecting over the next week or so, is something similar to last year - a couple of big multi-band announcements.

Last year we had:
    24 December - RAVEN, ORPHANED LAND, RISING STORM
    28 December - HAGGARD, PUGENT STENCH, IZEGRIM, VICIOUS RUMORS

Given we've got 24 (at least) bands to go a couple of big ones makes sense as UMC wont be wanting to do much over the xmas/new year period. So a couple of 'something for everyone' announcements is my prediction.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Hey Statsmaster... Has there EVER been an announcement on a 21st of December?

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:32 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Hey Statsmaster... Has there EVER been an announcement on a 21st of December?

Yes and no :P A couple on the 21st but that is Australian time - as we are ahead in time, in your terms these announcements actually occurred on the 20th.

So here they are, remembering to make these North American time, you need to subtract a day.

2014 - 24th and 28th
    2013 - 21st (Onslaught) and 29th (Sinister)
    2012 - 21st (Channel Zero) and 25th (Kataklysm) December and 1st January (Orphaned Land and Crowbar)
    2011 - 24th (Destruction and Malevolent Creation)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:14 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

^^^this

That would be awesome!
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIL-vgHNOu0 This from Japan for those who like woman singers.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:36 pm

How about an update!

22nd December, means 1 month from sailing date.

Yes please!!

No one wants to wait 'til the 24th.

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Speaking of SIGH
    there has never been a band from Japan
    on the cruise.....yet.

Lets do this!!!

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:39 am

Its always interesting to compare genre-representation for 70K.

I've gone through the lineup so far, and using Wikipedia definitions classified the bands as follows. As always - I KNOW that genres are very subjective so forgive me if you think 'band A does not belong in genre B' :P

Pirate - Alestorm
    Folk - Trollfest, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, In Extremo
    Prog - Triosphere, Threshold
    Thrash - Annihilator, Destruction, Heathen, Municipal Waste, Xentrix, Artillery
    Melodeath - Arch Enemy, Amorphis, Kataklysm
    Black - Venom, 1349
    Death - Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, God Dethroned, Napalm Death, Origin
    Hard rock - Crucified Barbara, D-A-D, Pretty Maids, MSG, Tank
    Symphonic - Apocalyptica, Therion,
    Viking - Eihnherjer, Equilibrium
    Power - Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Primal Fear
    Doom - Lake of Tears

Compared to previous years everything is tracking about average with a couple of exceptions:
    Thrash - at 6, this is less than any previous 70K
    Melodeath - we usually have 4 or 5, but only 3 thusfar
    Power - at 3, very below average having either 5 or 6 all previous cruises

So if this was a previous cruise and we were expecting 41-42 bands I would have been putting my money on a few Power, Thrash, and Melodeath bands to round out the lineup.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:07 am

Can't wait to get some more Melodeath and Power Metal bands :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:57 am

The most under-represented major genres are most definitely doom and black metal. Lake of Tears can hardly be called doom, so we don't really have any of those. And I don't feel comfortable with lumping most death metal styles together, when, for example, bands like Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse and Origin all have pretty much different fan bases.

Having said that, I want more old school death metal (to be more precise, Stockholm and Dutch styles of old school death metal) and more girlie bands. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:58 am

But, all in all, it is a rather well rounded lineup at the moment. I'm hoping it stays that way, and the second half is similar to the first (genre-wise).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:38 am

Memnoch wrote:The most under-represented major genres are most definitely doom and black metal. Lake of Tears can hardly be called doom, so we don't really have any of those

I agree with that... I'm not a fan of most doom or black metal bands, but I'm in favor of having as much metal genres as we can get, so everyone can have some fun.

Also, there's few/none industrial metal bands. And there's some interesting bands out there
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:32 am

Lake of tears now play much more a kinda "goth metal" stuff than the doom of their first records.
    My dying bride would be perfect.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:24 am

This...

bodomdragon wrote:Can't wait to get some more Melodeath

... Mors Principium Est, Mercenary, Nightrage, The Absence, Degradead, etc.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:13 am

Madkill wrote:This...

I second The Absence, they are an awesome band
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 am

Mors Principium Est would be AMAZING!
    And I haven't seen The Absence since like 2004, so it's be cool to see them again

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:

Mors Principium Est would be AMAZING!
    And I haven't seen The Absence since like 2004, so it's be cool to see them again

This cruise needs MORS PRINCIPIUM EST!!! :shred:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
Post Reply 3600 posts