Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 pm

At least it made me laugh ... And I know I'm not alone :heavydrink:
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:21 pm

The running order link has appeared!.....with nothing on it. :evil:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:24 pm

onenight wrote:The running order link has appeared!.....with nothing on it. :evil:
    We will get it on board, this is the same every year... As well as late anouncements
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:33 pm

Cannot believe that with 15 days to go and over a third of the lineup still to announce, they waste our time posting a non-announcement video on Facebook.

Actually I can believe that. Nothing surprises me anymore.

But thankfully I'm over it. With the currency tanking, it would cost too much for me to do 70K next year!

And if I do any overseas festivals I'm going to give my money to a festival that announce their lineups in a timely fashion.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Cannot believe that with 15 days to go and over a third of the lineup still to announce, they waste our time posting a non-announcement video on Facebook.

Andy, probably did this on purpose. He must love making people bitch about his business practices.

cowboy71 wrote:And if I do any overseas festivals I'm going to give my money to a festival that announce their lineups in a timely fashion.

Then you'll have pretty much all the festivals to choose from!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:46 pm

OMG the video on FB is just 15s ! Can you belive it ? They posted a video on FB speaking about nothing and it's 15s time :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:54 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:OMG the video on FB is just 15s ! Can you belive it ? They posted a video on FB speaking about nothing and it's 15s time :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is on Instagram also and I believe that is the limit.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:58 pm

In fact, it's just a "small video" that is a link to 70000tons.tv where the video is longer (~ 3min). What is interesting is that we have shots from the beach parties...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Claim The Throne haven't given up trying to get to play on broad. They posted this on their facebook a couple of hours ago:

Any of you legends attending 70000tons cruise this year? So are we! If you're in Miami a day before, come to this sick show!
    ALSO... If you want to see us play on 70000 Tons, speak up! Post/tag our name in any status updates posted by 70000 tons, 'like' others comments suggesting us, post about us in the 70000 tons forum, email the promoter, send a messenger pigeon or smoke signal! Any help is appreciated! It's about time an Aussie band got to play one of these cruises haha

So come on Andy - either you've got an epic lineup so incredibly epic you don't want to tell ANYONE about it, or you are in need of bands and this is one damn fine band that is being handed to you on a platter.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:In fact, it's just a "small video" that is a link to 70000tons.tv where the video is longer (~ 3min). What is interesting is that we have shots from the beach parties...

AND... you can check out yours truly jamming out in the pool at 2 minutes and 13 seconds into the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kVybYdWe8

:shred:

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Warphine wrote:
    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:In fact, it's just a "small video" that is a link to 70000tons.tv where the video is longer (~ 3min). What is interesting is that we have shots from the beach parties...

AND... you can check out yours truly jamming out in the pool at 2 minutes and 13 seconds into the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kVybYdWe8

:shred:

LOL - don't let the fame go to your head dude! :D

My last day at work before I go on leave for 3 1/2 weeks. I should be super-stoked, jamming to music from the 60 BANDS I'll be seeing on broad....

*sighs*

But instead, with 10 days before I fly out there is still 40% of the lineup unknown :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 pm

It's already gotten to my head! Now, that I'm super famous I demand four announcements or a certain swiss dude is going overboard! :lol:

manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:01 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Image
    At least it made me laugh ... And I know I'm not alone :heavydrink:

These made it a little better. I can get through today without announcements now, thanks.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Exchange rate can ruin the business if most part of the cruisers are non americans
    metal4ever
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Weak Canadian dollar isn't helping the hotel costs and the onboard spending account. I will not cheap out tho, I`m good for a few shirts and likely $200 bar tab unless the rumoured "drink packages" are helpful. At least the cruise and plane tickets were paid for long before the weak dollar slide became awful. The best brand name gas prices have been as low as .87 cent/litre where I live and people are all excited but they fail to realize the economic issues that go with it.
    On a side note about shirts, if anyone from Annihilator reads these forums, please have merch available this time!! I have money to give, its that easy.
    I`ll let everyone else do the bitching around here for me about band announcements,so I`ll save it.
    See u at the Riptide beach party
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 pm

No announcements=Alestorm makes Andy walk the plank!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Yeah - the cruise ticket for the wife and I would be about $700 more thanks to the strong US Dollar. And obviously there are all the hotel, food, transport expenses on top of that.

So that will really force my hand - not that I am that keen about doing next year ANYWAY after being dicked around announcement wise again. But yeah - won't be able to afford it regardless thanks to the exchange rate.

I'm just lucky that this year I have a pre-paid visa card loaded with US currency, so I'll just be using that while I'm in the US this time around and won't lose out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 pm

It really makes a difference for me... 300 US would actually be 350 Canadian right now. That's like nine or ten more drinks I could be having at home. I'm certainly not buying the 70k shirt for 30 American, THAT'S a ripoff xD
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:34 pm

I wish the stronger US dollar was helpful to me
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:37 pm

broegaard wrote:Exchange rate can ruin the business if most part of the cruisers are non americans
    Some guy visited the UMC office in Vancouver and I believe "complicated issues running an international festival " includes currency fluctuations as maybe #2 behind getting some band members into USA.Recent changes might have turned it into #1.
    Overview
    1)International cruisers will spend less money ,Americans will make no changes (a dollar is a dollar)
    2)Where is UMC money parked and how are bands paid?The cruise line gets the dollars but UMC would need Canadian Dollars to run their office and going to Europe for Festivals in summer would need Euros.Some partners are Swiss who would want Swiss Francs ,and bands would need some US dollars to pay bills so maybe they want them.Betting wrong or having too much of wrong currency kills the slim profit margin.
    3)The Future -having an almost sold out cruise and seeing what has happened would make me (if I ran this bunisess) hold better bands for coming years because you need a reason for the people who go for the bands to return.The 60% who go just for the experience alone are locked in,it is the other 40% that he must worry about .Andy has stated openly he was planning both 2016 and 2017 ,a 3 year cycle of cruises (major bands repeating every 3 years) seems like a proper bunisess plan.The other talent can be booked on the basis of sales and economic conditions at the time.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:59 pm

When you consider that I think on average over 60% of cruisers each year are not from the US, the exchange rate is gonna have a HUGE impact.

And you do raise a worrying, yet valid point. Maybe the reason announcements are being held off is because he does actually have some big key names, and he is debating whether to hold them off for next year as people will need more enticement due to the weaker currencies?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote:When you consider that I think on average over 60% of cruisers each year are not from the US, the exchange rate is gonna have a HUGE impact.

And you do raise a worrying, yet valid point. Maybe the reason announcements are being held off is because he does actually have some big key names, and he is debating whether to hold them off for next year as people will need more enticement due to the weaker currencies?
    The big clause in the band's contracts stating you must not reveal to anyone outside band members or booking agents that you are playing the cruise ,always lead me to completely ignore rumors.Last years aggressive campaign by DTA booking agent was a way to get an already signed band on the boat.Thomas from Therion releasing 2012 information early was upsetting to UMC also ,however they where an early announcement and definitely going to be on the boat.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:26 pm

I had a really rough day at work. Having a band announcement would have made today suck less. :(

As a first-timer, I knew most of the bands weren't announced, but at this point I really can't understand why we don't have the lineup already. It's not like I don't know there will be good bands, it's just stupid.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • LauraW
    Crewman

by LauraW » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:39 pm

I find seeing all this "strong American Dollar" talk bizarre. Our economy still isn't in good shape. I'm hoping it will make attending European festivals a lot cheaper though
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Memnoch wrote:Hasn't Andy said in the past that he'll wait for the cruise to sell out until he announces "the big guns", just to spite the people who don't trust him? And, well, haven't seen any last minute big guns even if they've claimed to sell out every year.

What? He gets off on spiting 3 people!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 pm

biertroll wrote:I ANNOUNCE that I will be leaving in 14 days!!

That's Tuesdays announcement, somebody make one tomorrow, ect so we get an "announcement" every day.

Then we can start placing drink bets on the last 20, which we will find out onbroad. :lol: :beerbang:

I announce that I only have 3 hours left at work before I go on leave for 3 1/2 weeks!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:25 pm

LauraW wrote:I find seeing all this "strong American Dollar" talk bizarre. Our economy still isn't in good shape. I'm hoping it will make attending European festivals a lot cheaper though

We're at a rate of Frictional Unemployment for the first time in 7 years. Oil prices are low enough to no longer be a major inhibitor on the budget of the average American. Our Economy has hit it's first stride post-Recession.

It's totally understandable that our dollar is strong in comparison to the rest of the world. The EU is talking about a Greek exit because of the negative impact their economy is having on the Euro, while a number of other major European economies slump. Beyond simply that, people in Europe are less reliant upon oil, and it costs about 3 times as much. The reduced price of oil is not as important to the average citizen.

Let's not even talk about Russia.

And beyond all of that, we've already got what would have been a full line up of bands any year past. Sure we don't have even as large a percentage, and I sure as hell would like to know what the other bands are, but hey... Some of the bands I've cursed myself for not booking have been announced in the last few weeks. I'm excited to find out what's in store.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:08 pm

LauraW wrote:I find seeing all this "strong American Dollar" talk bizarre. Our economy still isn't in good shape. I'm hoping it will make attending European festivals a lot cheaper though

It's not about how strong yours is, It's how weak everyone else's is. Presuming you're from America of course.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:16 am

For us in Brazil, A dollar is costing about 2,79 Reais (local currency), which is alarming. On the better days, a dollar for us costed about 1,80 to 2,00. It's almost a 3/1 rate, so even guys like me who have a pretty decent job will suffer from this. Roughly, we'll spend 3 times what you guys will, which means (at least for me) less booze and merch, especially because I want to drop by Miami after the Cruise to buy stuff that are a lot cheaper than in Brazil, like eletronics and sneakers :(
  • LauraW
    Crewman

by LauraW » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:16 am

Dimma wrote:

It's not about how strong yours is, It's how weak everyone else's is. Presuming you're from America of course.

I figured it was probably this. While our official unemployment rate is way down, pay is as well and a lot of people have given up on finding jobs or could never find one after graduation. There may be plenty of minimum wage ones out there bit I've never met anyone who could live on 7.25 an hour. After losing my job as a nurse right before last year's cruise, I've just given up looking and am sticking to uber driving. Who needs health insurance anyway?
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:03 am

Thank GOD I paid for this trip almost 6 months ago. Brunoredsox, estamos no mesmo barco!
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:17 am

mikijonas wrote:Thank GOD I paid for this trip almost 6 months ago. Brunoredsox, estamos no mesmo barco!

Right? hahahahahhahaha a gente tem pouco mas se diverte!!! hahahahahaha
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:38 am

I hope Andy is just playing games, holding back the final announcements for fun. I hope it's not more "problems" resulting in the lineup being thrown together at the last minute. That happened last year, and it showed in the final lineup - it wasn't the "a few bands for everyone" lineup that there had been in years previous. If it happens again this year, the odds of me booking again are really low, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Either way, I can't imagine that this is the best way to increase your sales by 50%.

He said a few weeks ago that there were 50 cabins left to book, but most of them are the high-occupancy cabins. So, if he's making $200/person (is that right?), and each cabin is, on average, a triple, he's looking at 150 people, or $30,000. That's a big deal when you consider what bands you might get next year with $30,000 less in your pocket than you hoped to have.
    If there's no sell-out this year, next year's lineup might suffer.

Andy, announce some bands, sell some tickets, and then announce some more bands.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Powerwolf-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Heathen.Foray-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:23 pm

mikijonas wrote:estamos no mesmo barco!

literalmente :lol:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 pm

acidbasement wrote:I hope Andy is just playing games, holding back the final announcements for fun. I hope it's not more "problems" resulting in the lineup being thrown together at the last minute. That happened last year, and it showed in the final lineup - it wasn't the "a few bands for everyone" lineup that there had been in years previous. If it happens again this year, the odds of me booking again are really low, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Either way, I can't imagine that this is the best way to increase your sales by 50%.

He said a few weeks ago that there were 50 cabins left to book, but most of them are the high-occupancy cabins. So, if he's making $200/person (is that right?), and each cabin is, on average, a triple, he's looking at 150 people, or $30,000. That's a big deal when you consider what bands you might get next year with $30,000 less in your pocket than you hoped to have.
    If there's no sell-out this year, next year's lineup might suffer.

Andy, announce some bands, sell some tickets, and then announce some more bands.

I liked last years line up and Atrocity was no last second throw in and
    Terrorizer was a band I had waited many years to see live
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • thrsher
    Oiler

by thrsher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:56 pm

they should drop the prices on suites, i would consider upgrading if the price was better, and given all this bullshit with the lineup, they should drop the prices or just upgrade people for free like they did the first year. i am beyond pissed the way this year was handled and will likely not consider this cruise again
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I liked last years line up and Atrocity was no last second throw in and
    Terrorizer was a band I had waited many years to see live

Absolutely agree with you there :) One man's trash is another man's treasure as the old saying goes.

The bands announced in the last month last year accounting for almost half the sets I ended up seeing on broad! Freedom Call, Gloryhammer, Atrocity, Keep of Kalessin, Swashbuckle....

I'm still hopeful for some good stuff to come - I have little doubt there will be more than a few 'filler' bands too though.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 pm

14 days and 22 bands to go, how ridiculous. :roll:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Pretty sure he thinks this shit is funny.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Pretty sure he thinks this shit is funny.

Pretty sure he is the only one that does!

Last year the 39th band was added with 4 days to go. Maybe he is trying to improve on that this year?

And by way of comparison - first cruise we knew the 39th band over a month before sailing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Post Reply 3601 posts