Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by ANTIKRISS » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Maybe he got us not one, not two, but 22 BIG bands. And by big bangs, i dont mean Dimmu Borgir or Amon Amarth, but legends, like Judas Priest.
    For The Horde!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Are we seriously not getting anything today either? WHAT.THE.FUCK!

We've got maybe one more hour before the window of opportunity closes for today.

It's currently about 5.30pm in Vancouver and there have been several band announcements between 5.30pm and 7pm (Melechesh, Threshold, Venom, Grave Digger, Annihilator).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:29 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:Maybe he got us not one, not two, but 22 BIG bands. And by big bangs, i dont mean Dimmu Borgir or Amon Amarth, but legends, like Judas Priest.

Ya need to scroll back a few days for that one. We already went there ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:30 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    ANTIKRISS wrote:Maybe he got us not one, not two, but 22 BIG bands. And by big bangs, i dont mean Dimmu Borgir or Amon Amarth, but legends, like Judas Priest.

Ya need to scroll back a few days for that one. We already went there ;)

Too much posts in the last few days, I can't follow :(
    For The Horde!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Haha. Yeah, no kidding. You'd think Andy was giving us something other than nonannouncements to talk about :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:43 pm

About the canadian currency: US dollars is not stronger, this is the Canadian dollars that is weaker. Our currency is based on oil price. OPEC is playing with oil price right now and the price is very low for a barrel so canadian is an important exportator and since the price is collapsing for a few mount now our own canadian currency is collapsing.

ThisOPEC move have a direct impact on canadian, russian and venezuelan economy and currency price. With this move, OPEC is trying to kill the shale oil industry in the US.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=opep&oq= ... nws&q=opec
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm pretty sure the reason for the dollar is I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Just saw the latest video on 70,000 Tons. TV
    EQUILIBRIUM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kVybY ... ploademail
    I will do my best to catch both sets :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Did anyone else catch Avantasia's FB post last night / this morning?! There's a promo for the cruise...

Pleeeeeeeeease can this be confirmed?
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Targeted ad from cookies in your browser.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • PonyBoy
    Wiper

by PonyBoy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:42 pm

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

OKAY CRAZY OPTIMIST HERE.

We have always either had 41 OR 42 bands every cruise.

Say, for arguments sake we are getting 62 bands this year.

That would mean we have 24 bands to go.

We will be down to 2 weeks EXACTLY in about 16 hours.

SO - Andy is going to give us the final 24 bands, 1 band every hour for 24 hours when the clock hits 14 days to go.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Or Andy could make history by being the first festival to announce 1/3 of its line-up two full weeks after the festival has ended. We can have mystery Running Orders and all sorts of other chaos onbroad. It would be legendary.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    2020#8113
    2024#9483
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:50 pm

at this point I don't even care anymore .... fuck the announcements, get my ass on the ship.

would I like to know all the bands - fuck yeah, but it doesn't matter at this point. I just wanna be there.

So in all seriousness .... let's get this party started :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:06 am

DragonLordJones wrote:at this point I don't even care anymore .... fuck the announcements, get my ass on the ship.

would I like to know all the bands - fuck yeah, but it doesn't matter at this point. I just wanna be there.

So in all seriousness .... let's get this party started :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

Days until we fly out is down to single-digits! Super-excited!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:14 am

As a first timer and celebrating my 23rd birthday onbroad on the 23! Cant wait! I need pizza eating, ocassional drinker, show buddy! How easy is it to find someone? Or do I just go with the flow meeting ppl as walk around? I dont also want to be lonesome when we dock on Ocho Rios, any advice!? :beerhorns: :headbanger:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:19 am

Jimbo2392 wrote:As a first timer and celebrating my 23rd birthday onbroad on the 23! Cant wait! I need pizza eating, ocassional drinker, show buddy! How easy is it to find someone? Or do I just go with the flow meeting ppl as walk around? I dont also want to be lonesome when we dock on Ocho Rios, any advice!? :beerhorns: :headbanger:

People are super-friendly onbroad Jimbo so you shouldn't have a problem :)

Hit up the pre-cruise events - drinks, beach-parties, brutal bash etc. Lots of like-minded individuals there.
    Strike up a conversation with the people lining up around you for check-in "Cool battle jacket! Which band are you most keen to see? Oh, you're IN a band!" etc.

And yeah - just go with the flow :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:20 am

Jimbo2392 wrote:As a first timer and celebrating my 23rd birthday onbroad on the 23! Cant wait! I need pizza eating, ocassional drinker, show buddy! How easy is it to find someone? Or do I just go with the flow meeting ppl as walk around? I dont also want to be lonesome when we dock on Ocho Rios, any advice!? :beerhorns: :headbanger:

Come to the basketball court right after muster drill to meet the forum folks. Should be easy to get to know everyone. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks fellas. I did also read about the basketball game myself Im preety terrible but Ill be down to maybe play a little bit haha. Ill be arriving early morning of the 22nd so unfortunately no plans before but I leave a day after the cruise ends so Im looking into booking a hotel, maybe ill hit up a party. :givebeer: Ill want food more than anything. so buy me pizza & wings & im good!
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:57 am

After the cruise, you might not want pizza for a month. It was so legendarily mediocre on the last boat that you could hardly tell it from greasy cardboard. But damn did it hit the spot at 2:00 a.m.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    2020#8113
    2024#9483
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:17 am

I've honestly lost hope that we'll get most of the bands before the cruise. I really think that this time we'll get to know the last 20 bands once we're INSIDE the boat, not a minute before. I guess Andy is like the girls: he just wants to have fun.

So, my realistic expectation is to get from two to four announcements between today and January 21st, and 20 more once inside the boat. Because fuck us, that's why.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:20 am

Yeah Jimbo, be on the BB court after the musterdrill and you can meet a bunch of us.
    pretty much a good social drunk before the bands start and I good time killer before all cabins are ready
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:35 am

DITTO, i thought last year was pathetic, now has become "we dont want you back" only reason for treating the payers with such contempt
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:39 am

I'm telling you - a band every hour when we hit exactly two weeks to go!

*eternal optimist*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:41 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'm telling you - a band every hour when we hit exactly two weeks to go!

*eternal optimist*

Have you not learnt anything from Andy all over the years? :D
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 am

mooyagi wrote:He didn't say "soon" :shock:

maybe because it isn´t "s :? :? n"
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2020: survived 2021-2022: lost 2023-2024: survived 2025: #SOON
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:46 am

Also little bit of news from TANK.

During the cruise there will be an exclusive performance to debut the entire new album to the fans on board as well as a second show of Tank classics from the past 30 years.

Joining guitarists Mick Tucker and Cliff Evans on the new album will be vocalist and former Dragonforce frontman ZP Theart who has been a member of Tank’s touring line up for the past two years.

Also new recruits Bobby Schottkowski, formerly of Sodom, and current Blind Guardian member Barend Courbois will be handling drum and bass duties.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:46 am

A pessimistic guess:
    On the morning of the embarkation day there'll be an announcement: "We promised you the same passenger to band member ratio as on all previous cruises. Well, we only really sold a bit under 2000 tickets, so you only get 38 bands."

:P
    Wishlist:
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:09 am

No special words to say, except disappointment. I've started to strongly tell my friends who were planning to go "one year" not to go.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:33 am

I am willing to book 2016 right now!!!
    Cruise 6 has not started yet but I would be willing to book #7 today if I could completely blind
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:15 am

Azazel101 wrote:I am willing to book 2016 right now!!!
    Cruise 6 has not started yet but I would be willing to book #7 today if I could completely blind
    Aren't you an organiser with a fake profile ?
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:48 am

I just pictured something, half a dream, half a real possibility.

20 bands (more or less) left to announce on the 21st. Then we go to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. We check in and pass the security check. And while we're walking to the gateway to the ship, we find that the corridor has been filled with posters, like the ones that have been used so far to announce the bands, only this time physical and real, announcing the remaining 20 bands. So Andy reveals 40 bands like every other year and the new 20 are announced in a new, different and surprising way.

Something like this gives me confronted feelings. I find the idea cool and it even gives me chills... except that as I've always said, I want/need time to get familiar with the bands, and I would sure miss something out.
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:10 am

It would also be a nightmare to get on the boat with people stopping to look at the posters and taking photos etc. of them.

But that would be an awesome idea! Damn, now I'm hoping we don't get any more announcements before the 22nd. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:11 am

bodomdragon wrote:I just pictured something, half a dream, half a real possibility.

20 bands (more or less) left to announce on the 21st. Then we go to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. We check in and pass the security check. And while we're walking to the gateway to the ship, we find that the corridor has been filled with posters, like the ones that have been used so far to announce the bands, only this time physical and real, announcing the remaining 20 bands. So Andy reveals 40 bands like every other year and the new 20 are announced in a new, different and surprising way.

Something like this gives me confronted feelings. I find the idea cool and it even gives me chills... except that as I've always said, I want/need time to get familiar with the bands, and I would sure miss something out.

And the 21st band poster would be at the end, and would be the big gun :beerbang:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:12 am

That could happen. But, giving that half the people are already pissed off, the bands he announces have to be killer to prevent some poster tearing hahahahahaha
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:36 am

brunoredsox wrote:That could happen. But, giving that half the people are already pissed off, the bands he announces have to be killer to prevent some poster tearing hahahahahaha

Andy has let us speculate for several months. He's thrown some clues, some being very obvious (Divided Multitude) and others left for debate (Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray...). Plus, he's given us time to make some guesses based on bands' schedules (At The Gates...). So, while not 100% confirmed, we can still figure out some of the remaining bands. Besides, I'm sure he'll throw several big names of all genres to make sure this idea more or less satisfies everyone. Which doesn't mean we won't have fillers. Of course there's room for them, too :D

Just imagine that among the 20 bands you end up finding Divided Multitude, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, At The Gates, Metal Church, Wintersun, Unisonic, Amaranthe, Eluveitie, Kampfar, Moonsorrow and The Sirens, for instance. Who would complain?? Meat for everyone :)
    Wishlist:

manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:53 am

deathmetalpat wrote:Targeted ad from cookies in your browser.

Dude, it's a post. :) No ads for me.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:59 am

The problem is the lack of communication.
    Anounce the last bands with posters ? I'm not a fan but why not if the skipper/umc would communicate about it, and they don't.
    Well, for the list, I remind you that last year, all was to say that revamp would be onboard (gap in their schedule), and they weren't on board.
    Come on, many bands must have a week free in january, which doesn't make them on board.
    Anyway, I'm so tired about this stupidity, it's not suspense anymore, it's pure mental illness, and for the next cruise I predict even worse.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:02 am

just 14 days to go :-D
    can't wait 38 bands or 60 or 62 who cares?
    it's party time!!!!! :bangers: :chug: :givebeer: :heavydrink: :viking:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    brunoredsox wrote:That could happen. But, giving that half the people are already pissed off, the bands he announces have to be killer to prevent some poster tearing hahahahahaha

Andy has let us speculate for several months. He's thrown some clues, some being very obvious (Divided Multitude) and others left for debate (Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray...). Plus, he's given us time to make some guesses based on bands' schedules (At The Gates...). So, while not 100% confirmed, we can still figure out some of the remaining bands. Besides, I'm sure he'll throw several big names of all genres to make sure this idea more or less satisfies everyone. Which doesn't mean we won't have fillers. Of course there's room for them, too :D

Just imagine that among the 20 bands you end up finding Divided Multitude, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, At The Gates, Metal Church, Wintersun, Unisonic, Amaranthe, Eluveitie, Kampfar, Moonsorrow and The Sirens, for instance. Who would complain?? Meat for everyone :)

I have a bunch of bands already that I want to see, and I'm going mainly for the experience, so I'll have plenty to do on the Cruise, but that doesn't mean that this whole lack of announcements is ok. As FrencMacho said above, there is a serious problem with the lack of communication. I'm new to this whole Cruise thing, but as a consumer this strikes me as really incosiderate of the organization's part. This is simple: We bought something that we don't know if the other part will deliver, and this is unthinkable in common commerce, let alone on a vacation package. Imagine you buying a ticket to the opera that has III acts, but in the ticket it doesn't say if you'll get the chance to see all the acts or will end up leaving without seeing act III. This is the same thing. We've payed for 60 bands, and I don't know about you guys, but I didn't received any warranties that I'll get 60 bands.

Here's hoping that everything I wrote above is just nagging and doesn't have any truth in it :belly:
Post Reply 3600 posts