The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: One More From COLOMBIA!

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    :lol: Yup. Those vocals... :|

...Then the vocals kicked in.Oh dear god.What the fuck was that shit? ....

GUYS! GET IT RIGHT!

They are not JUST vocals. To quote their facebook, they are:

"Terryfying Vocals of Tragic Existence and Tragic Poetry."

:P :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:It is cool that we have another black metal band. Unfortunately not one I have any interest in. :|

:lol: Yup. Those vocals... :|

Yeah i listend to a few tracks and they did sound quite promising.Then the vocals kicked in.Oh dear god.What the fuck was that shit?honestly i couldn't give 2 shits where the bands are from as long as they are good.
    This band however is the kind of stuff you expect at local pub.Assuming your local pub lets bands who aren't just tribute bands play

They're definitely a Bug Jar band (our local tiny metal/hipster bullshit bar). Except at least we get bands like Dead Bitch (also black metal) who are actually trying to be a joke. Actually, I think I prefer Dead Bitch vocals to Thy Antichrist.

I mean, I really don't like the vocals of this newest add. Nope.

Still, this is pretty exciting now. Five bands in one day, and I can't wait to see what's next.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Really liking the heavy direction it is going. Living up to its name....the most extreme metal cruise in the world ! Keep em coming Skip :beerhorns:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:15 pm

So, going to be one of those shows where I am the only one in the front row?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman

by Jöhn&Melönius » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Azazel101 wrote:So, going to be one of those shows where I am the only one in the front row?

Not so! I like the vocals :D and some of the lyrics are really awesome.
    It's too much metal for one hand.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Hell yes, more black metal! :metalguy: Now just get Watain
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman

by Jöhn&Melönius » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:46 pm

onenight wrote:Hell yes, more black metal! :metalguy: Now just get Watain

Watain just started a NA tour with Mayhem.

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:22 pm

:cool: I am claiming the left side of the stage

OK, just got back to my PC
    reminding me of the first time I had heard Principle of Evil Made Flesh :metalguy: :bmhorns:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:58 am

Jöhn&Melönius wrote:
    onenight wrote:Hell yes, more black metal! :metalguy: Now just get Watain

Watain just started a NA tour with Mayhem.

I know, I'm going to the show in Chicago. I would still like to see Watain onbroad. The pool deck at night would be awesome.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:07 am

Looking forward to the last announcements that will hopefully make up for the fillers...
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:12 am

Is it possible that we get 20 pretty unknown Bands on the ship?
    Its much cheaper...maybe some of them play for free...just for beeing on the ship...!

1000 visitors more means a lot of money more!
    I thought we would get some more well known bands for that money...! :cry:
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Capt.Howdy wrote:Is it possible that we get 20 pretty unknown Bands on the ship?
    Its much cheaper...maybe some of them play for free...just for beeing on the ship...!

People always think that's gonna happen but there will be some more big names don't worry
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Capt.Howdy wrote:Is it possible that we get 20 pretty unknown Bands on the ship?

Most of that money will go to Royal for a bigger newer ship. This cruise is no longer on there oldest ship
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:47 pm

I hope we get some more lesser unkown bands.
    some of my favorite shows where from bands that I Had never heard before or that had just reformed after like 15/20 years
    besides, somebody has to play at 10 am. we can not expect bigger bands to do that
    and then a couple to play at 3 am
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Excited for the lineup alredy. But if any awesome bands get added last minute, Ill be there! Cant wait! :givebeer: Itll be my birthday on the 23! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Stained Class wrote:People always think that's gonna happen but there will be some more big names don't worry

Of the announcements made in the last month for the previous cruise, only 4 of them (Twilight of the Gods, Unearth, Haggard, and Death To All) turned out to be bands that got greater than 45 minute sets.

Azazel101 wrote:besides, somebody has to play at 10 am. we can not expect bigger bands to do that

Of all the announcement made in the last month for the previous cruise, they represented bands that played at least the first set and the last set of every day:
    DAY 1 - First set, and last 5
    DAY 2 - Five of the first 6 sets, and last set
    DAY 3 - First set, and last 3
    DAY 4 - Five of the first 6 sets, and last set
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Cowboy... HOW do you have these corner case stats? HOW?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Phoenix wrote:Cowboy... HOW do you have these corner case stats? HOW?

He's the statsman, that's how.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:14 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:

I know that, but that just seems SO obscure. I didn't even know sets started at 10 am, that information doesn't seem publicly available at all :/

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:

I know that, but that just seems SO obscure. I didn't even know sets started at 10 am, that information doesn't seem publicly available at all :/

I think some people save the running orders from previous cruises as keepsakes. :beerwink:
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Oh fair. I didn't think they were organised enough to print handouts.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:23 pm

You get em in your cabin every morning. From reception and all over the ship.

It's how you plan stuff. Bring a highlighter!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Dimma wrote:Bring a highlighter!

I use a color code/system with 3 or 4 different highlighters and still have never ended up goin to all the gigs I planned on :lol:

Except for maybe on day 3 :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:08 am

I'm happy with the lineup. Maybe not as many 10/10s as other years, but more consistency across the board. If the Norwegians are still always doing flip cup, the sun is always shining, and the girly drinks are always flowing than I may be short of time as it is. Hoping less pleased cruisers can get what they want, and maybe I can get Kalmah.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:44 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Dimma wrote:Bring a highlighter!

I use a color code/system with 3 or 4 different highlighters and still have never ended up goin to all the gigs I planned on :lol:

Except for maybe on day 3 :?

I always put little arrows for where I should be going next and circles for bands I need to see.

I usually somehow end up seeing a song or two from every band except for the 10am ones though. :bmhorns:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Being my first time around, and living in a place where we don't get ANY metal gigs at all, I'll probably spend most of my time from show to show.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Any chance an announcement today?

Sunday announcements are a rarity, but we still have 17 bands to go.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Any chance an announcement today?

yeah, it really is time for them to just start dropping names frequently
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I hope we get some more lesser unkown bands.
    some of my favorite shows where from bands that I Had never heard before or that had just reformed after like 15/20 years
    besides, somebody has to play at 10 am. we can not expect bigger bands to do that

This!!! Bands like Anacrusis and Poltergeist re why I continue to book. Trust me guys, you don't want 60 top names. In 70k 2012 most of the 42 were top names and some of the conflictions were utterly heartbreaking. There was no way to catch all 40 bands. Add 20 more and you have pure chaos. A bit of filler is quite necessary.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:21 pm

and you have to take into account that the 'Meet n Greets' on Day Two usually clash with at least a couple of bands you like.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:27 pm

And merch lines really do not move too quickly the first couple days
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Any chance an announcement today?

I think he is giving us a breather after he blew everyone away with that last one.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Azazel101 wrote:And merch lines really do not move too quickly the first couple days

Is this because of just too many people trying to buy early, or is there some extra delay involving paying? If we use our SeaPass cards for merch sales, I figured that part might go fairly quickly.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:And merch lines really do not move too quickly the first couple days

Is this because of just too many people trying to buy early, or is there some extra delay involving paying? If we use our SeaPass cards for merch sales, I figured that part might go fairly quickly.

nah, it's one person per sales staff, and one person who doesn't know what they want or their fucking shirt size and has to try on every shirt.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Pellaz wrote:

a lot of merch is brought on in small quanities so it sells out fast.
    a lot of people rush the lines the first day or so because of this.
    and all sails are done threw our sea pass cards
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:14 pm

As soon as merch opens I run through and look at the shirts to choose what I want but don't buy until a "big band" is on, I think I got in/out & done when I went back in about 30 min?

Buying merch & selection gets better every year but if you don't sacrifice a few hours in line to be one of say the first 100 people, there is a greater chance something you want will be sold out.

If a 70K shirt is all you want don't stress out there's millions of those.

Andy where's the next band?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:39 pm

biertroll wrote:As soon as merch opens I run through and look at the shirts to choose what I want but don't buy until a "big band" is on, I think I got in/out & done when I went back in about 30 min?

Buying merch & selection gets better every year but if you don't sacrifice a few hours in line to be one of say the first 100 people, there is a greater chance something you want will be sold out.

When do they start selling merch? I need a small BG shirt, so I'm thinking I'll need to move fast.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:04 pm

The t-shirt line is the bane of the boat.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:10 pm

manamachine wrote:
    biertroll wrote:As soon as merch opens I run through and look at the shirts to choose what I want but don't buy until a "big band" is on, I think I got in/out & done when I went back in about 30 min?

When do they start selling merch? I need a small BG shirt, so I'm thinking I'll need to move fast.

early morning on day two I do believe and normally the problem comes with the larger shirts so you should be ok
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Azazel101 wrote: normally the problem comes with the larger shirts so you should be ok

Common concert scenario for me might ensue: "Well, if they run out of XXL shirts, then I'll end up spending less money! Hooray!" <black cloud, silver lining>
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 3600 posts