Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: CORROSION OF CONFORMITY / Blind

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:29 am

cowboy71 wrote: Same with the Finland scouting party.

That would be Sonata Arctica. Or, in a perfect universe, Ghost Brigade. Not all hope is lost regarding the Finnish scouts...
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:31 am

HAHAHA - yeah you could be right. As I said I'm just annoyed at the moment because even if we got 5 top-tier power-metal/girlie bands it would then only barely make it comparable to previous years.

And there is no chance at ALL that all 5 remaining bands are going to fit that bill.

At least the wife is really happy with the Corrosion of Conformity addition so Andy didn't screw us both other this time at least.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 am

I guess Collective Soul can be ruled out now,really WTF happened to this cruise?Not that CoC are all that bad but they could be on Shiprocked and UMCis spending money still.I guess a North Carolina band is within driving range and so are a few of their fans who have money to but tickets still.
    1)American Band
    2)Running tally 8 of last 13 from North America with 7 from USA
    3) :cry:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:48 am

deathmetalpat wrote:I guess Collective Soul can be ruled out now,really WTF happened to this cruise?Not that CoC are all that bad but they could be on Shiprocked and UMCis spending money still.I guess a North Carolina band is within driving range and so are a few of their fans who have money to but tickets still.
    1)American Band
    2)Running tally 8 of last 13 from North America with 7 from USA
    3) :cry:

Really it was inevitable that this would happen - every cruise has had about 25% of bands from North America, so when we had so few going into the final 20 I feared it would be majority american. No disrespect meant to my american friends or to fans of those bands - just that I have very few American bands on my wishlist.

So yeah - the last remaining sliver of hope I have, is that he has been getting 'filler' to make up the numbers but has 5 top class bands like Gamma Ray, Sonata, At The Gates, Rhapsody, Amaranthe (because we still need a girlie band!) that he has kept up his sleeve.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:00 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I think Andy's been saving At the Gates, and Sonata fell through. The rest will be NA bands. That seems reasonable.

Sadly I think you are right.

So you're assuming that the Hamburg scouting party has ended up being a lie?

I thought we had a Hamburg band already? Or maybe I'm getting it confused with a smaller band from somewhere in Germany.

I would REALLY like at LEAST one power, one melodeath, and one girlie (two of those to keep me happy, girlie to make Dallas and Ville happy) but I figured my guess was very reasonable. At the Gates has just been heavily rumoured for SO LONG. Sonata was hinted at a while ago (them or Wintersun), and is such a big band that he would have announced them already if something didn't happen.

And that'll happen sometimes. Scar Symmetry got asked but one of the members has a bun in the oven, so next year that's the first band i think will get booked. Sonata may have fallen through for similar reasons.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 am

Well if an overseas band hasn't hopped on a plane yet, they're leaving their run a little late...

And if his 'one big surprise' at the end is in fact a 'name' band, well that just beggars belief 1 day before sailing. For the band and the potential customers it would have brought.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Dimma wrote:And if his 'one big surprise' at the end is in fact a 'name' band, well that just beggars belief 1 day before sailing. For the band and the potential customers it would have brought.

I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Phoenix wrote: Hamburg band already? Or maybe I'm getting it confused with a smaller band from somewhere in Germany.

I would say that one fell through, because for the Destruction announcement they said "Our German Scouting Party went all the way to the South of the country"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:22 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Dimma wrote:And if his 'one big surprise' at the end is in fact a 'name' band, well that just beggars belief 1 day before sailing. For the band and the potential customers it would have brought.

I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.

Possibly.

But if it was me....well put it this way, I'm not totally displeased with the lineup, but on the flipside if I had not booked to this point I would not be too downheartened (from a lineup perspective).

And it would probably take all 5 remaining bands to be 'two setters' for me to think "SHIT!"
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:34 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.

I'm thinking you're correct.

And if Gamma Ray get announced I will take back every bad thing I ever said about anyone.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Lordmarioh
    Oiler

by Lordmarioh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:53 am

acidbasement wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I'd put it another way. Andy could be focusing his strategy in a "future thinking way". If the last names are indeed big names, the message he's sending to his potential customers for future cruises is: we're gonna get big names till the very end so don't hesitate to book even if you don't like the lineup yet. It is, in a way, a strategy to keep people booking in advance and not waiting till the bands they like are announced. And it's also a way to tell everyone that the last weeks are not reserved for fillers, and we can expect big news anytime.

I'm thinking you're correct.

And if Gamma Ray get announced I will take back every bad thing I ever said about anyone.

I second that! :bangers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:56 am

Can't see it happening. I cannot even find the post from 70k about the scouting party being in Hamburg anymore.

EDIT: Found the post on facebook - 29th of November. And yeah as I mentioned previously, the Destruction announcement on 17th December stated that the Germany scouting party "went all the way South" to collect them.

So my call is - no Hamburg announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 am

*Deleting my comment for being pretty much a mistake*
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am

Nah - for whatever reason, that one was never actually posted on Twitter or the website.

It was only ever actually on Facebook.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:33 am

cowboy71 wrote:Nah - for whatever reason, that one was never actually posted on Twitter or the website.

It was only ever actually on Facebook.

Ok then - I deleted my post to avoid misunderstandings.

By the way, did we get any bands from the UK after Venom? I feel too lazy to check.

The Skipper wrote:Our guys in the UK said they were obviously not done yet, and headed South!

EDIT: I think we didn't... Sylosis it is??
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:45 am

NO. Definitely nothing further from that UK one.

And nothing like "Our UK scouting party decided to move...."

Also we don't have any further movement from the one from 12th of January:

What do you say? Should they continue North to the Netherlands, South to France or simply go East back to Germany?

So IF the scouting party things are to be believed, we still have:
    - UK
    - Finland
    - Netherlands/France/Germany
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 am

cowboy71 wrote:So IF the scouting party things are to be believed, we still have:
    - UK
    - Finland
    - Netherlands/France/Germany

And what if that's about it?

UK: Sylosis
    Finland: Sonata Arctica or Ghost Brigade (I might be too optimistic but I took "Black Light" as a clue)
    Netherlands: no idea
    France: Dagoba? They have a perfect gap in their concert schedule
    Germany: maybe we should remain faithful about Gamma Ray?

And we could take At The Gates as band number 61.
    Wishlist:

manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:57 am

Please give us someone from Hamburg. :|
    I don't care who. We desperately need power metal up in here.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:05 am

manamachine wrote:Please give us someone from Hamburg. :|

This. But not Halloween. :D
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:59 am

acidbasement wrote:

I think you mean hElloween, right? Although, if we could get hAlloween (US) on broad it would be awesome. Killer traditional metal
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:43 pm

Damn you autocorrect. Yes, I meant helloween.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:35 pm

acidbasement wrote:

Yeah, admittedly, Helloween without Kiske/Hansen is pretty dull, but it would still be great to see them play.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm still hoping the U.K. band is HELL. :death:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:54 pm

At this point I'll hope for a band that I at least listen to. The last band announced that I'll even catch a set or two from is Melechech.

I'll be on the at the beach party tomorrow,
    I look like this dude, I'll be wearing this shirt too. Aside from thinking the line up blows I'm a nice guy, so if you see me say hi, if you want.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:11 pm

CoC and Soulfly are half-setters for me; I'll check them out if nothing else is going on.
    Riot, Whiplash also.

After listening to 'em, I'm bumping Einherjer, Claim the Throne, Grave Digger and Suborned up to possible one-setters depending on who's playing opposite them.

Hoping to be at the beach party tomorrow...I'll be the fat, older longhaired guy wearing either a Melechesh or Mors Principium Est t-shirt. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:06 pm

I cannot believe we're waiting on 5 or more bands...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:08 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I cannot believe we're waiting on 5 or more bands...

.... And I give significantly less fucks for the known 55 bands than for the 41/42 on any previous cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Any chance we could get a "I know we announced 60 but 91.6% is not bad, look at the 5 new surprise supergroups we'll make up on the fly just for you!"?
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Ramon still looks kinda angry. ;)
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:16 am

Dimma wrote:Ramon still looks kinda angry. ;)

I think his avatar looks happier than he does :shock:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

More Candidates For The CRIPPER AWARD

by Andy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:11 am

After the inaugural sailing some of you Survivors created the CRIPPER AWARD for the favorite Band that most cruisers did not know previously. This has become a 70000TONS OF METAL tradition ever since.

We thought that such an award needs a Trophy, so we had designer Kim Dylla of KYLLA CUSTOM ROCKWEAR create a unique vest that will feature a patch of each year's winner and the vest will be passed on from winning band to winning band.

And here are come some more potential Candidates: Please Welcome ADALIAH, DARK SERMON and GURD

Last but not least we heard from our Scouts that were in Belgium. They finally decided to go back to Germany to invite EXUMER on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: More Candidates For The CRIPPER AWARD

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:23 am

4 more..

WTF
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:11 am

Adaliah might actually get a set on my roster, and Exumer if there's no conflict
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:45 am

never heard of any of the last 4 bands.. so complete MEH from me.i wont stay up for them.
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 am

Happy about Exhumer! The rest of the bands I probably won't even check out because I have no time. Headed to Laudy now!

:shred:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:50 am

Well with no hope left now, I can definitely say this lineup is a fucking joke. SO PISSED OFF with the lack of balance.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:55 am

Overall this a cheap lineup for the organizer.....
    metal4ever
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:03 am

That last announcement won the "Crapper" award.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:10 am

Its a fucking joke. Or a nightmare. Or something.

59 bands. 3 Power metal. No female fronted like Epica, Nightwish, Xandria, etc.

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

My wife feels like she has wasted our money being here. I'm so pissed off right now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:34 am

EXUMER???????????? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Exumer gets on the boat and i'm not. HOLY MOLY FUCK.

Thank you.
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
Post Reply 3600 posts