Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 70 Countries!

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:56 am

broegaard wrote:
    Hope to see a good lineup for next year because the festval is fun because I dont have to worry about meals and accomodations....

I am too old for camping......

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

But yeah, the broken promises last year pissed me off. "present for veterans - it will be worth the wait!", "Frequent cruiser program", "announcements won't be drawn out like last year".

With the Australian dollar plummeting against the US - its at 78cents at the moment, was at around $1.10 at the time of the first cruise - its making it more and more expensive, so I need more than broken promises and a half-decent lineup.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:16 am

I've been to 39 of those 70 countries!
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:52 am

cowboy71 wrote:THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

But yeah, the broken promises last year pissed me off. "present for veterans - it will be worth the wait!", "Frequent cruiser program", "announcements won't be drawn out like last year".

With the Australian dollar plummeting against the US - its at 78cents at the moment, was at around $1.10 at the time of the first cruise - its making it more and more expensive, so I need more than broken promises and a half-decent lineup.

Same in Brazil (currency stuation). I really don´t mind about the promises. I live in a place where LIES rules, so I live this everyday. The problem is not a broken promise, the problem is lack of communication.

ex.: Financially the requent cruiser program can be placed or "presents" can be given for veterans? Just say so!!!!
    Are you having trouble announcing bands because they are asking too much or any other reason? Just say so!!!

For me is only about Lineup. Next year: Good lineup and I am in and good lineup is bands I haven´t seen yet(like xentrix, Running Wild, K. Diamond, Hatchet, O. Gatherum, Wolfheart, Persuader, etc....).
    metal4ever
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:05 pm

This year, I mostly went out of curiosity for the new boat, but the cruise ended up great with some major hiccups.

- I finally got to meet some forumites (after almost 5 years) and either I was late or not a lot of people showed up
    - almost all the shows I went to were awesome, except for the first Apocalyptica show: waited 40 minutes to start, almost fell asleep twice during waiting and when they finally started playing all i could hear were drums (was sitting top left when viewing the stage)

If I rate Majesty 10/10 after 3 cruises, I can't give more than 4 to Liberty and here's why:
    - on Majesty, I would go up to Viking Crown whenever (even 9 am) and I would get a drink, on Liberty, I went to Viking crown at 1pm, asked for a coctail menu and the bartender said:"no menu, don't know when we open." And that was during meet & greet when people were bound to drink. I went up to Viking crown that day twice and all I saw was people sitting behind empty tables and no bartender in sight
    - on the first day, I waited 20 minutes in Sorrento's, just to have some "manager" cut in front of me and tell the staff there to "close it up, we can't handle it". Luckily, some other guy who outranked this "manager" said they should stay open no matter what
    - bars were closing so early, I couldn't grasp that fact. It felt like RC didn't want my money. I ended up spending $200 less than I expected because of this
    - food in Windjammer wasn't bad, but compared to Majesty it was terribad. No diversity (anyone remembers thematic lunches and dinners on Majesty, from different parts of the world?). One day there was actually same food for dinner than it was for lunch (ribs)
    - there were no people running around, trying to get an order from me like on Majesty. Hell, there was even less people with carts filled with alcohol
    - some bartenders acted like metal heads shouldn't be on their boat. Snappy and rude.
    - Martha in Boleros (coctail mixer) was almost as good and kind as Leonora in Majesty's Viking Crown :D

As far as UMC goes:
    - I felt sorry for the people who waited hours in line for merch. This year I went as late as possible and got all the shirts I wanted (was positively surprised to see Refuge merch and negatively surprised to not see (yet again) Annihilator merch)
    - please, please, please, announce all the bands no later than December, so people can get familiar with all the bands and maybe buy themselves some new CDs for X-mas
    - great running order, no conflicts for me except I missed bot Divided Multitude show, but I'll see them at MetalDays so no biggie there

Too all the cruises:
    - in the future, remember not to have your SeaPass near your phone. At one time, when I was leaving my room, a girl brought a guy to her room for what could only be some sexy tiems just to cry out in despair when she couldn't open the door with her seapass, because it got demagnetized by her phone for the third time in two days :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:20 pm

NuuX wrote:in the future, remember not to have your SeaPass near your phone.

This !
    It happened to me too after I put my card in the same pocket than my phone. I quickly went to store some stuff in my room between 2 shows and my card was demagnetized, I had to go make another one.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:25 pm

MikeB wrote:
    NuuX wrote:in the future, remember not to have your SeaPass near your phone.

This !
    It happened to me too after I put my card in the same pocket than my phone. I quickly went to store some stuff in my room between 2 shows and my card was demagnetized, I had to go make another one.

YEP. Key tip I've learnt from previous cruises - take a lanyard, attach seapass to lanyard. Keeps it away from your phone, and always within easy reach, and secure.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:25 pm

That's hilarious! That would be so awkward to bring a guy in and... Oh. I can't get to the bed.

I just solved that by not bringing my phone at all though I understand some people have small children and significant others that aren't metalheads. Maybe RC should make it clear that phones can demagnetise the cards?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 pm

I used my phone exclusively for pictures and videos. It was in airplane mode and everything deactivated all the time.
    It would have been nice to know since it seems to have happened to a lot of people in the previous cruise.

I feel bad for that person that couldn't open her door.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    broegaard wrote:
    Hope to see a good lineup for next year because the festval is fun because I dont have to worry about meals and accomodations....

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

So I can go to Australia and feel pretty middle class, eh? Sweet!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:09 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

If you like paying 25 dollars for a packet of cigarettes, yeah sure! ;)
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:45 pm

broegaard wrote:The problem is not a broken promise, the problem is lack of communication.

ex.: Financially the requent cruiser program can be placed or "presents" can be given for veterans? Just say so!!!!

Are you having trouble announcing bands because they are asking too much or any other reason? Just say so!!!

THIS. SO. MUCH. THIS.

I deflected after my first cruise (2012) to Maryland Deathfest because of this.

Andy, if you pay attention to just 1 thing please let it be this.

MDF CONSTANTLY responds to questions or comments, ridiculous ones sometimes at that! I have gone every year since because of that fact (this year included). I do not ever foresee this changing.

They always book two or three bands on my "list" every year, ten bands I have seen and like 30 I have never even heard or heard of before. Bolzer I had never heard of and a friend of mine told me he would pretty much murder me if I went to MDF and didn't see Bolzer. Blew my mind! I pretty much booked California Deathfest (an MDF event) to see Bolzer again.

MDF is my cheat away & before the cruise because most of my cruise family attend too.

I don't know what I was getting at but COMMUNICATION GOOD. :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:29 am

... looks like I'll see tons of you at MDF.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:53 am

Dimma wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

If you like paying 25 dollars for a packet of cigarettes, yeah sure! ;)

good thing I don't smoke :D
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:35 pm

You would if you saw the Aussie Dollar right now.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 am

NuuX wrote:- I felt sorry for the people who waited hours in line for merch. This year I went as late as possible and got all the shirts I wanted (was positively surprised to see Refuge merch and negatively surprised to not see (yet again) Annihilator merch)
    - please, please, please, announce all the bands no later than December, so people can get familiar with all the bands and maybe buy themselves some new CDs for X-mas

So much THIS.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:54 am

These articles are very interesting.

This one confirms that the reason the poolstage was delayed was because THEY STARTED TO BUILD IT WRONG!

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2015-0 ... al-day-two

And this one highlights that next year will "most likely" be the first week of February:

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/feature ... final-fury
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:56 am

cowboy71 wrote:These articles are very interesting.

This one confirms that the reason the poolstage was delayed was because THEY STARTED TO BUILD IT WRONG!

I said that in the Facebook forum, I was told - and I trust the source - that the two guys who had all the know-how for the arrangement of the scenario quit their jobs just a few weeks or days before the cruise so they had to sort of improvise. And they built it the wrong way TWICE. Thus the delays.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:04 am

cowboy71 wrote:But yeah, the broken promises last year pissed me off. "present for veterans - it will be worth the wait!", "Frequent cruiser program", "announcements won't be drawn out like last year".

First off... I want to say I had a great time again this year. I have been on every 70K + Barge and I wouldn't miss this event for the world. That said..... I had asked just a few weeks ago about Andy's multiple comments that announcements would not drag out like previous years and I had asked about the "special gift" for veteran cruisers...... here is the response from UMC:

HI David,
    Thank you for writing to us!
    We appreciate and understand your concern. Please hold on, the announcements are coming soon. The gifts are taking longer than expected to produce, but trust us - they are AWESOME!
    Looking forward to seeing you on board!
    Cheers,
    your Ultimate Music Cruises team

"Trust us"........ That's the part that really gets me.

Really, I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just disappointed. :roll:
    13 time survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:14 am

So they are still using the S word. Even after the cruise is over. That's cute :)
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:14 am

stoverkill wrote:Really, I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just disappointed. :roll:

This. So much this.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:18 am

bodomdragon wrote:So they are still using the S word. Even after the cruise is over. That's cute :)

The S word is sacred to them

Just like beer to us :beerwink:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:21 am

It is a trademark. A mockable trademark
    metal4ever
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:39 am

bodomdragon wrote:

I said that in the Facebook forum, I was told - and I trust the source - that the two guys who had all the know-how for the arrangement of the scenario quit their jobs just a few weeks or days before the cruise so they had to sort of improvise. And they built it the wrong way TWICE. Thus the delays.

When I heard about that I just laughed and made a joke about everyone standing there holding the plans upside down and scratching their heads.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:46 am

Is there any video of the press conference?
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

When I heard about that I just laughed and made a joke about everyone standing there holding the plans upside down and scratching their heads.

I did exactly the very same thing :D
    Wishlist:

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:24 pm

broegaard wrote:I am too old for camping......

My mother is 68 and still goes camping. Harden up, princess.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Fuck camping, even when I go to a Euro fest I stay at a hotel.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Fuck camping, even when I go to a Euro fest I stay at a hotel.

We do the same thing. Dont spend over a grand to get to EU then sleep in a tent for a week :lol: a
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Is there any video of the press conference?

None that I've managed to find yet. If I track one down I'll let you know.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:35 pm

I was talking to the security guys at the stage just after it opened and they told me that the delays with the pool stage was because they didn't allow for the extra speed and therefore wind load on the new ship. So if they built it they way they planned it would have been to flimsy and therefore had to basically work out a redesign.
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:51 am

Rage have called it quits. I guess Peavy had so much fun onbroad that he decided he wants to keep working with the original band and screw Smolski and Hilgers... http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comme ... s_id=25634
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:56 am

Worst part:

" Victor Smolski will focus now on Lingua Mortis Orchestra but without Peavy and under a different name. "

:(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:01 am

Well, I guess now Smolski will focus on LMO and Peavy on Refuge, which is pretty much old-style-Rage, and my guess is that both will release albums soon *focusing on the silver linings*
    Wishlist:

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:Fuck camping, even when I go to a Euro fest I stay at a hotel.

We do the same thing. Dont spend over a grand to get to EU then sleep in a tent for a week :lol: a

On the contrary, I don't go all the way to a EU festival to stay at a hotel, when there are plenty of hotels around London I can stay at any time. I want to get the full festival experience, and that includes camping. Plus it would be a major hassle and inconvenience trying to get back to a hotel at 3am unless there's one right next to the festival ground, which is usually not the case, so it's easier to just go back to a tent.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:13 am

For me "the full festival experience" does not include sleeping in a tent. And it's really not that difficult to take a taxi to town at, say, Summer Breeze.

But, to each his own. Some enjoy sleeping in a tent on a mud field, some enjoy the comfort of a hotel with a nice, warm shower and a continental breakfast in the morning. :beerwink:

Btw, the last time I slept in a tent was way back in 1996 when I was serving in the Finnish army. In the winter at -20 degrees Celsius. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:42 am

bodomdragon wrote:Well, I guess now Smolski will focus on LMO and Peavy on Refuge, which is pretty much old-style-Rage, and my guess is that both will release albums soon *focusing on the silver linings*

Good news for me personally. Refuge was amazing on the boat this year; and I thought Rage w/LMO was boring as hell last year...and if he wants to continue it, please hire string players who can play in tune...the out-of-tune playing was painful.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 pm

New clock ticking for 2016!
    365 days to go!!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:39 pm

LOCK IT IN.

Thursday 4th of February 2016 is the next departure!
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:48 pm

cowboy71 wrote:LOCK IT IN.

Thursday 5th of February 2016 is the next departure!

Surely you mean February the 4th (which is a Thursday indeed)?
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Yes - Thursday the 4th (edited post accordingly).

In under half an hour it will be less than a year away!!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 3600 posts