The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Re: Trolling Right Along to Jamaica

by Mr.Kito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Madkill wrote:This...

bodomdragon wrote:Can't wait to get some more Melodeath

... Mors Principium Est, Mercenary, Nightrage, The Absence, Degradead, etc.

Mors Principium Est would be AMAZING!
    And I haven't seen The Absence since like 2004, so it's be cool to see them again

This cruise needs MORS PRINCIPIUM EST!!! :shred:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Our German scouting party went on to the Ruhr area. In the city of Herne they met up with Peavy Wagner, Manni Schmidt & Christos Efthimiadis, the same musicians that formed the legendary and most successful line-up of Rage. Having already played a secret show this summer under the name “Tres Hombres” to which a staggering 1,200 people showed up, they will now play their first official show as REFUGE onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015! Once again Metal history being made onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

Re: The Debut Of REFUGE!

by Jimbo2392 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Interesting add. Might have to check em out.
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Not a wishlist band by any means, but will try and check out a set.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Morale sinks lower and lower..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks for this band !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Cooooooooool
    REFUGE

Missing Link is one of the best metal records of all time.
    I was playing the Japanese edition 2 days ago!
    I hope they play this or songs from that.

AWESOME!!! :boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Its always interesting to compare genre-representation for 70K.

I've gone through the lineup so far, and using Wikipedia definitions classified the bands as follows. As always - I KNOW that genres are very subjective so forgive me if you think 'band A does not belong in genre B' :P

Pirate - Alestorm
    Folk - Trollfest, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, In Extremo
    Prog - Triosphere, Threshold
    Thrash - Annihilator, Destruction, Heathen, Municipal Waste, Xentrix, Artillery
    Melodeath - Arch Enemy, Amorphis, Kataklysm
    Black - Venom, 1349
    Death - Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, God Dethroned, Napalm Death, Origin
    Hard rock - Crucified Barbara, D-A-D, Pretty Maids, MSG, Tank
    Symphonic - Apocalyptica, Therion,
    Viking - Eihnherjer, Equilibrium
    Power - Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Primal Fear
    Doom - Lake of Tears

Compared to previous years everything is tracking about average with a couple of exceptions:
    Thrash - at 6, this is less than any previous 70K
    Melodeath - we usually have 4 or 5, but only 3 thusfar
    Power - at 3, very below average having either 5 or 6 all previous cruises

So if this was a previous cruise and we were expecting 41-42 bands I would have been putting my money on a few Power, Thrash, and Melodeath bands to round out the lineup.
    Lake of Tears is kinda hard to nail down,their last 2 albums have doom metal type lyrics but not the classic doom sound.Really a great band along with Therion and Amorphis really the only top tier bands for me.Each year there has been less top tier bands for me but this line-up is pretty solid,I imagine many people are getting a dream cruise.2012 was by far the best year for me and how we are getting all the 2012 repeats but not the ones I would want leads me to believe either a.) UMC spent extra money early to establish this cruise or b.)bands I like are like me as in don't care for the whole cruise experience but gave it a try.Last year was great when the few bands I liked where playing but the downtime sucked,really disliked the whole drunken cruise thing( I actually met people who came on the boat that didn't like any of the bands but wanted to try the 70k experience WTF!)I. felt I was on other people vacations while 2012 and 2013 I had a great time ,the whole time.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:25 pm

I can't even find any Refuge songs on YouTube. I had to look them up on Encyclopaedia Metallicum, and I did finally find a little info. They seem to be a thrash band from Germany. Does anybody know of this band or have a link to give them a listen? I like thrash, but I've gotta know at least a song or two before deciding whether to catch a set.

Speaking of making plans to see or not see bands, how close to the cruise do the running orders come out typically? If the bands aren't done being announced until right up to the cruise, then when do you get it, only once you're on the boat? The cruise is now a month off, and I'm itching to make a personal running order now.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:29 pm

For what I can see on their webpage they actually don't have any new material as I would've expected, or at least they are not showing it there. Seems it'll just be a blast from the past 88-92 era Rage concert. Which I'm perfectly happy with!
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:29 pm

... look for any albums by the band RAGE, between 88-94.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:32 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I can't even find any Refuge songs on YouTube. I had to look them up on Encyclopaedia Metallicum, and I did finally find a little info. They seem to be a thrash band from Germany. Does anybody know of this band or have a link to give them a listen? I like thrash, but I've gotta know at least a song or two before deciding whether to catch a set.

Speaking of making plans to see or not see bands, how close to the cruise do the running orders come out typically? If the bands aren't done being announced until right up to the cruise, then when do you get it, only once you're on the boat? The cruise is now a month off, and I'm itching to make a personal running order now.

This is the playlist from the secret gig mentioned in the announcement:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rage/2014 ... e326e.html

Bunch of covers. Bunch of old RAGE songs. Would expect something similar on 70k.

Oh! And in answer to the second part of your question, the last couple of cruises the running order has not been announced until literally the morning of the cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:I can't even find any Refuge songs on YouTube. I had to look them up on Encyclopaedia Metallicum, and I did finally find a little info. They seem to be a thrash band from Germany. Does anybody know of this band or have a link to give them a listen? I like thrash, but I've gotta know at least a song or two before deciding whether to catch a set.

This is the playlist from the secret gig mentioned in the announcement:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rage/2014 ... e326e.html

Bunch of covers. Bunch of old RAGE songs. Would expect something similar on 70k.

Oh! And in answer to the second part of your question, the last couple of cruises the running order has not been announced until literally the morning of the cruise.

Oh hey, I should have read the announcement instead of looking at the band's name.

I guess this announcement will make some people here happy, but I couldn't even finish listening to the song I put on. I'll be giving these guys a pass. Sadly the only recent edition I really like is Destruction. Hopefully there's a few gems in the next ~20 bands that get added.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:47 pm

I would not be surprised if a high percentage of the remaining bands are from the US. Currently there are only 4 US bands on the lineup. The least we've had previously is 9 (this year), the most 16 (2011).

Maybe Andy is holding back on confirming the US bands as he knows they can get to the cruise at 'the last minute' easier than European bands?

EDIT: The last three years, 50% of the bands announced in the final 30 days have been from either USA or Canada.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:31 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I would not be surprised if a high percentage of the remaining bands are from the US. Currently there are only 4 US bands on the lineup. The least we've had previously is 9 (this year), the most 16 (2011).

Maybe Andy is holding back on confirming the US bands as he knows they can get to the cruise at 'the last minute' easier than European bands?

EDIT: The last three years, 50% of the bands announced in the final 30 days have been from either USA or Canada.

Well you're assuming he announces as he books, which there have been some conflicting reports of. But, this year it would make sense, since the "ship" has been in Europe for a while. He'll probably wrap up with the scouting parties overseas soon, then the ship will head to NA. Maybe some Central/South American bands will pop up then as well?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:33 pm

In a 40 band cruise this could be a two setter. But with 60 I'll wait to rank them
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:In a 40 band cruise this could be a two setter. But with 60 I'll wait to rank them

Yes I have a lot of bands on my list in that same boat (pun intended).

I probably only have about 10 sets at the moment that are locked in.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Its always interesting to compare genre-representation for 70K.

I've gone through the lineup so far, and using Wikipedia definitions classified the bands as follows. As always - I KNOW that genres are very subjective so forgive me if you think 'band A does not belong in genre B' :P

Pirate - Alestorm
    Folk - Trollfest, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, In Extremo
    Prog - Triosphere, Threshold
    Thrash - Annihilator, Destruction, Heathen, Municipal Waste, Xentrix, Artillery
    Melodeath - Arch Enemy, Amorphis, Kataklysm
    Black - Venom, 1349
    Death - Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, God Dethroned, Napalm Death, Origin
    Hard rock - Crucified Barbara, D-A-D, Pretty Maids, MSG, Tank
    Symphonic - Apocalyptica, Therion,
    Viking - Eihnherjer, Equilibrium
    Power - Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Primal Fear
    Doom - Lake of Tears

Compared to previous years everything is tracking about average with a couple of exceptions:
    Thrash - at 6, this is less than any previous 70K
    Melodeath - we usually have 4 or 5, but only 3 thusfar
    Power - at 3, very below average having either 5 or 6 all previous cruises

So if this was a previous cruise and we were expecting 41-42 bands I would have been putting my money on a few Power, Thrash, and Melodeath bands to round out the lineup.

I love the line up however there seems to be a massive omission at present.......a big female fronted clean singing Symphonic Metal band aka Xandria, Nightwish, Epica, Delain, Nightwish....etc. We have had at least one or two every year but none so far this year (I know we have Therion though). There is still time!!!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:08 pm

I haven't been on here for awhile but I reckon the last bunch of announcement are great. Destruction is a favourite, Trollfest will be fun and listening to Refuge play 88-93 rage Classics will be awesome!!! The others are good too!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:09 pm

bernabeit wrote:I love the line up however there seems to be a massive omission at present.......a big female fronted clean singing Symphonic Metal band aka Xandria, Nightwish, Epica, Delain, Nightwish....etc. We have had at least one or two every year but none so far this year (I know we have Therion though). There is still time!!!!

Yep - big omission for me too.

Hoping for at least one of Amaranthe, Neopera, Pythia, Revamp, Within Temptation, Diabulus in Musica, Tarja, Trillium or Sleeping Romance.

I'd be happy with a return of Nightwish or Lacuna Coil too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:10 pm

[quote="Andy"]Our German scouting party went on to the Ruhr area. In the city of Herne they met up with Peavy Wagner, Manni Schmidt & Christos Efthimiadis, the same musicians that formed the legendary and most successful line-up of Rage. Having already played a secret show this summer under the name “Tres Hombres” to which a staggering 1,200 people showed up, they will now play their first official show as REFUGE onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015! Once again Metal history being made onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Great news! Hopefully they'll play some songs from Black In Mind eventhough Manni had already left Rage. :headbanger: :beerbang: :headbanger: :beerbang: :headbanger: :beerbang:
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    bernabeit wrote:I love the line up however there seems to be a massive omission at present.......a big female fronted clean singing Symphonic Metal band aka Xandria, Nightwish, Epica, Delain, Nightwish....etc. We have had at least one or two every year but none so far this year (I know we have Therion though). There is still time!!!!

Yep - big omission for me too.

Hoping for at least one of Amaranthe, Neopera, Pythia, Revamp, Within Temptation, Diabulus in Musica, Tarja, Trillium or Sleeping Romance.

I'd be happy with a return of Nightwish or Lacuna Coil too.

Any of them would be good!! As well as Sirenia.

I don't mind Triosphere, they are pretty good. But they are a bit different style band.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:59 pm

SaraMarie wrote:

Do not make to many plans.
    The times have changed do to delays, technical difficulties, wheather, stage not completely built.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:The most under-represented major genres are most definitely doom and black metal. Lake of Tears can hardly be called doom, so we don't really have any of those

I agree with that... I'm not a fan of most doom or black metal bands, but I'm in favor of having as much metal genres as we can get, so everyone can have some fun.

Also, there's few/none industrial metal bands. And there's some interesting bands out there

I'd love to have PAIN onbroad!
    And then maybe we could also get Hypocrisy!
    And since Horgh would be on the boat why not bring the rest of Immortal over!
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:57 pm

So do they post the running order daily somewhere in the boat? or do you just follow your ears?
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:05 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:So do they post the running order daily somewhere in the boat? or do you just follow your ears?

There is an official daily planner that gets left in your room (usually) and is freely available at numerous locations around the boat.

It has the running order of bands for the day as well as other items of interest such as what time the different eating establishments are open, etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    gundiesalvo wrote:So do they post the running order daily somewhere in the boat? or do you just follow your ears?

There is an official daily planner that gets left in your room (usually) and is freely available at numerous locations around the boat.

It has the running order of bands for the day as well as other items of interest such as what time the different eating establishments are open, etc.

They keep copies at the Guest Services desk (Deck 5 on the Liberty).
    I should get around to updating my signature
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Then I guess I'll just wing it one day at a time.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Asking a running order ? LOL we will have the last 3 bands the day before we'll leave.
    When I was on the barge to hell, a band headlining which i've met in the plane 2days before (that will be also on the 70000tons 2015) asked me "hey, do you know when we are playing ?"
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:51 am

Interesting announcement. I'm a big fan of Rage but not of their oldest material, so I guess I'll catch a set out of curiosity.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:00 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Asking a running order ?

Just sit back and relax. You'll have enough time to plan once you're onbroad, before the ship sails.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:12 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Asking a running order ?

Just sit back and relax. You'll have enough time to plan once you're onbroad, before the ship sails.

*Goosebumps* Can't wait till the moment we get on the ship and receive the running order! Jeez, less than one month to go... time is running too slow.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:18 am

bodomdragon wrote:time is running too slow.
    Don't worry it will accelerate the 22th january.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:23 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:

Hopefully not TOO much, I'd like the experience to feel like it lasted.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:31 am

gundiesalvo wrote:
    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:

Hopefully not TOO much, I'd like the experience to feel like it lasted.

Don't worry it won't... and THAT'S why you're going to come back in 2016... and 2017... and 2018.

Thats how Andy got us trapped in this place where you live the best week of your life, but in the end you feel like you could've enjoyed so much more that you NEED to come back and try again.. and it feels awesome, but in the end you feel like you could've enjoyed so much more.... :cry:

Note: I may be overreacting :D
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:07 pm

I can really see that happening.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:02 pm

So on this day in previous years we've got:

2011 cruise - Destruction and Malevolent Creation
    2014 cruise - Raven, Orphaned Land and Rising Storm

Hopeful of a big multi-band, something-for-everyone announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:19 pm

I hope it's a something for me announcement, been waiting for one since I booked..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I hope it's a something for me announcement, been waiting for one since I booked..

Yeah you and me both mate. I have a lot of "yeah, maybe I'll check out a set" bands, and a few "will be good to see them. AGAIN" bands, but zero "OMG I FINALLY GET TO SEE THEM LIVE!!!!!" bands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:I hope it's a something for me announcement, been waiting for one since I booked..

Yeah you and me both mate. I have a lot of "yeah, maybe I'll check out a set" bands, and a few "will be good to see them. AGAIN" bands, but zero "OMG I FINALLY GET TO SEE THEM LIVE!!!!!" bands.

Exactly. Other than Therion I could miss any of the other bands completely and not even be bothered by it. Of the ones I actually like I have seen them all multiple times, and none of those are absolute favorites. Draconian is my number one never seen band, but I doubt that will happen.
    70000 Tons 2019
Post Reply 3600 posts