Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

Re: 300 Days To Departure!

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:14 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:No Halloween announcements, no Yule announcements, no New Year's announcements. Most likely more than half of the remaining bands will be announced in January.

I hope Andy learnt the lesson and proves you wrong. Some of us want, or rather, NEED time to discover some of the bands that will be onbroad. For instance, I am lately enjoying Threshold so much, and I had never heard of them before. Now I can't wait to see them live, but if they had been announced one week before departing I would have totally missed the chance to enjoy them. I don't want that to happen.

This point come up often, usually worded differently each time, yet every time it is indeed a valid point. I would like time to order my CD's and have the appropriate time to listen to some new potential favorites. It's hard to do that past November.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • AlixD
    Oiler

by AlixD » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:13 am

Wish list:
    Rotting Christ, Samael, Borknagar, Arcturus, Primordial.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:46 am

I'm gonna say it now because nobody is highlighting it clearly enough.
    Andy you said about being active more with the people on the cruise thats fair enough.You've done that via facebook etc.Copying things from the forums onto facebook and useing them as 'ideas'
    You still haven't adressed the band announcment issues.
    It's blatant trolling.
    Good for you.you've sold most the cabins without announcing many bands each year.What are you trying to prove at this stage?
    Or is it to intentionally pressure people to book without knowing the lineups? I guess that makes sense in a way as it makes it less a worry about what bands you actually have to book.

I just don't see the point in still doing this.The business is a success.The fact that over half your consumer base is comeing from outside of America is proof of that.That won't change most likely.
    I think give up the charade and start announcing bands more regularly.you've got most the sales anyway.Not gonna make a difference.but maybe you may have some customers happier about it.

I'm personally going back to see friends i haven't seen in a while and to check out the new boat.
    But bands do matter when you consider the cost being put in for people.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:12 am

Personally, I think the explanation to the silence must be really simple, and it goes like this for Andy:

1. Start setting the cruise up for next year.
    2. OK, let's start with some killer announcements which are gonna make many people's jaws drop.
    3. Get massive bookings because of the first announcements and because of blind bookers and repeaters.
    4. OMG! We have only just begun this thing and I already sold like 70-75% of tickets! Time to take a break. (At this point, I am assuming Andy's life goes further than organising the cruise, like having other jobs, duties or so).
    5. Spend X months doing something else with your life. Totally forget about the cruise because, come on, it's getting sold out by itself! (Needless to say, this is where we are right now)
    6. After X months: time to start working on the cruise again. OMG, while I was out we reached 90% cabins sold! OK let's get the rest of the bands and close this thing.
    7. Profit.

The way I see it, that's what happened last year and the pattern is being repeated now. I might be plain wrong of course, but I can't find a better explanation.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:00 am

I can say it only again:

I will not book again blindly as for this year cruise. This year for me was a little bit disappointing, because of the bands. For me last year was great and if I book again I need some bands which I really want to see on the boat. The most important thing on a festival are the bands not the people. Sorry. ;)
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:47 am

bodomdragon wrote:Personally, I think the explanation to the silence must be really simple, and it goes like this for Andy:

2. OK, let's start with some killer announcements which are gonna make many people's jaws drop.
    3. Get massive bookings because of the first announcements and because of blind bookers and repeaters.
    4. OMG! We have only just begun this thing and I already sold like 70-75% of tickets! Time to take a break. (At this point, I am assuming Andy's life goes further than organising the cruise, like having other jobs, duties or so).
    5. Spend X months doing something else with your life. Totally forget about the cruise because, come on, it's getting sold out by itself! (Needless to say, this is where we are right now)
    6. After X months: time to start working on the cruise again. OMG, while I was out we reached 90% cabins sold! OK let's get the rest of the bands and close this thing.
    7. Profit.

The way I see it, that's what happened last year and the pattern is being repeated now. I might be plain wrong of course, but I can't find a better explanation.

I think this logic would hold if there were still only 2000 tickets to sell in total. 90% of 2000 tickets is 1800, but that's only 60% of 3000 - that's not where UMC wants to be when Andy gets back from his other stuff/vacation/etc.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:32 am

acidbasement wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Personally, I think the explanation to the silence must be really simple, and it goes like this for Andy:

7. Profit.

I think this logic would hold if there were still only 2000 tickets to sell in total. 90% of 2000 tickets is 1800, but that's only 60% of 3000 - that's not where UMC wants to be when Andy gets back from his other stuff/vacation/etc.

How do you know he hasn't already sold out, say, 80% of the cabins? I'm pretty sure he has. Or more.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:04 am

Will we get an announcement in 16 days other than "200 Days To Departure"?
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:00 pm

7. Profit.

Takes a few seconds to post a band announcment.If they can post constant crap on facebook they have time to post one of the bands booked.
    I seriously doubt they only have this many bands booked so far.Some of the bands on next years cruise would more than likely have been booked before the start of the last cruise
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:08 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:blah blah

blah blah.

How do you know he hasn't already sold out, say, 80% of the cabins? I'm pretty sure he has. Or more.

I don't know. Don't we have a resident statistician? I'm only guessing based on last year, when the 2000 tickets were sold out in January. I have a hard time predicting that nearly 3000 tickets have been sold at this point, when we only have 16 bands. If you have data showing otherwise, carry on by all means.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Currently there are 942 out of 1691 cabins in sold out categories.

So that means there are, at most, 45% of cabins remaining.

Of course, there will be PLENTY of cabins already sold in those categories too but one can only guess how many.

But at a guess, I would think it would be fair to say that its probably around 75% sold at the moment.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:21 pm

meshuggah wrote:Will we get an announcement in 16 days other than "200 Days To Departure"?

We will also get "Therion VS Cannibal Corpse tournament final" post.
    For The Horde!
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:44 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Will we get an announcement in 16 days other than "200 Days To Departure"?

We will also get "Therion VS Cannibal Corpse tournament final" post.

Blind Guardian vs Equilibrium. We've already been through this!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • AlixD
    Oiler

by AlixD » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:31 am

Wish list:
    Rotting Christ, Samael, Borknagar, Arcturus, Primordial. Throes of Dawn.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

70000tons.tv

by Andy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Welcome to 70000TONS.tv our brand new YouTube channel!

But that's not all...

Please also welcome Michael Schenker's Temple Of Rock featuring Michael Schenker on guitars, Herman Rarebell on drums, Francis Buchholz on the bass guitar, Doogie White on vocals and Wayne Findlay on Guitars and Keyboards on board 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, The Original! The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise

DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: 70000tons.tv

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:09 pm

fucking cool ... love Michael Schenker ....... awesome add skipper :cheers: :beerhorns: and thanks for an update
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Damn!!!

I didn't want any announcements :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Schenker. Good get!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:04 am

Hell yeah!

Schenker's riffs destroys bras!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • xman1102
    Oiler

by xman1102 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am

Loved MSG back in the 80's :shred:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 am

So... If Andy might be recruiting at Hellfest, then let me suggest Mercyless & Powerwolf
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:44 am

Everyone I know is at Hellfest except me!!!!

I'm hoping they recruit Powerwolf and Sabaton at least. Happy with the last announcement, not what I would have guessed, but it's a fine addition.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:53 am

Krys wrote:Everyone I know is at Hellfest except me!!!!

I'm hoping they recruit Powerwolf and Sabaton at least. Happy with the last announcement, not what I would have guessed, but it's a fine addition.

Powerwolf and Sabaton would be great. And I think most everyone can breathe a little easier now that SOMETHING has been announced :P
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

A KATAKLYSM In The Caribbean

by Andy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Please watch and share the 2nd episode of 70000TONS.tv and welcome KATAKLYSM on broad 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Who will be next?

CaptOblivious
    Ensign

Re: A KATAKLYSM In The Caribbean

by CaptOblivious » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:39 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:45 pm

I fukking really enjoyed both their sets last time!!! :deathmetal:
    Welcome back my feinds :death:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Nearing 1/3 of the bands announced, still no bucketlist bands for me so if we cannot go, I'm not too disappointed thusfar :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Two great additions. I am looking forward to checking out Michael's stuff before heading on the cruise, and kataklysm always brings it, plus they're a good group of dudes from what I've seen.

I didn't check them out last time they were on the boat, so this time I shall!!
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:00 pm

"A very special set"

Let's hope its a EX DEO set!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For The Horde!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:00 pm

SCHENKER!!!!

Seeing as I just bought, viewed and LOVED this DVD...

AND

seeing as ULI just had to drop from the Guitar Godz tour I was SO looking forward to later this year...

THIS is a GREAT freakin' announcement to turn my bitterness into joy

And while not right in my metal wheelhouse, Kataklysm is some damn good Canadian heaviness too so nice work Skipper! Thanks for giving us something to get excited about. Gonna check out the 70K TV stuff when I get home from work :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:00 am

Super cool, I've never Kataklysm them and won't be seeing them this summer, so it'll be something new.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 am

I like the Michael Schenker & Kataklysm announcements. I also liked how Kataklysm was added via the recorded announcement. I hope Andy filmed a few more announcements while he was at Hellfest. Any of the following would be make me happy.

Behemoth
    Dark Angel
    Electric Wizard
    Emperor
    Enslaved
    Godflesh
    Hail of Bullets
    In Solitude
    Kadavar
    Opeth
    Powerwolf
    Scorpion Child
    Shining (Swe)
    Skyclad
    Solstafir
    The Ruins Of Beverast
    Tsjuder
    Ulcerate
    Vreid
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 am

Nice! Hopefully while he was there he grabbed IHSAHN!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks for the update, Andy! Neither band is on my list, and that's just fine. I'm glad to see you're getting stuff done this summer!

:cheers:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Stained Class wrote:Nice! Hopefully while he was there he grabbed IHSAHN!!

Wow, QFT. And maybe Ihsahn could perform for us some of the songs his "boy band" did, back when he was 18-19. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Nice! Hopefully while he was there he grabbed IHSAHN!!

Wow, QFT. And maybe Ihsahn could perform for us some of the songs his "boy band" did, back when he was 18-19. :lol:

:shock: That happened??? Looking it up now.

Oh, that's what he jokingly calls Emperor. Ok. :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Stained Class wrote: :shock: That happened??? Looking it up now.

Yeah, that's how he referred to Emperor when he played at ProgPower USA...and then he did two Emperor songs.
    One of them appears, unmentioned, on the PPUSA live DVD for that year...so instead of the usual two songs per band, we got three. :beerhorns:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Stained Class wrote: :shock: That happened??? Looking it up now.

Yeah, that's how he referred to Emperor when he played at ProgPower USA...and then he did two Emperor songs.
    One of them appears, unmentioned, on the PPUSA live DVD for that year...so instead of the usual two songs per band, we got three. :beerhorns:

So jealous. After Leprous was announced in the video I was reeeeeally hoping for Ihsahn too. Hopefully UMC can pull it off.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Hey look, some announcements! Good ones too! :)

I've seen Kataklysm a million times, but I love them. I'll probably end up having to sacrifice at least one of their sets due to the inevitable conflicts that I'll have. I haven't listened to UFO yet but I know how influential they were so I'll have to check out Schenker's stuff before the cruise.

Majorly exciting to hear that the 70000 Tons crew was in attendance at Hellfest so hopefully we get some more great bands pulled from that lineup that we don't normally get over here in the states.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Don't care about MSG, and Kataklysm is a big "Meh", seen them plenty of times...

Need Draconian.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
Post Reply 3600 posts