Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: The Art Of Partying At Sea

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:39 am

cowboy71 wrote:Interview andy did at Summer Breeze, he stated that more bands would be announced this week. Cool.

Also stated that the announcements would not drag out as long as previous years, except one big surprise that he will keep us in suspense about.

Really hope things happen this way!!!

I'm gonna guess that it's Emperor... Or just the same thing he says every year and there is no actual huge surprise
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:36 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm gonna guess that it's Immortal... Or just the same thing he says every year and there is no actual huge surprise

Fixed. :lol:

Although Emperor would be totally and completely acceptable, too.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm gonna guess that it's Immortal... Or just the same thing he says every year and there is no actual huge surprise

Fixed. :lol:

Although Emperor would be totally and completely acceptable, too.

Fuck no. I've had to suffer through an Immortal set once. Can't stand them.
    My 2nd guess is Anthrax.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:34 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Immortal, but Emperor would be AMAZING.

If Anthrax were onbroad I wouldn't mind catching a set since I've never seen them before, but I also wouldn't hesitate to skip them in a scheduling clash.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:45 pm

I dunno. Would Immortal or Emperor be so big a deal that Andy would treat the announcement so highly?

I know I'm a weenie, but to me they are "only" black metal bands which is quite a niche genre.

For me, something like Avantasia being announced..... Now THAT would be an announcement worthy of special treatment!

But again - its all relative. Extreme metal fans wouldn't give a single flying fuck about that announcement.

Further to that though, Andy's personal tastes I think veer towards the extreme and away from the power/weenie side, so I'm not sure he would be that personally excited about an announcement like Avantasia.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Hopefully it's Savatage!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:...except one big surprise that he will keep us in suspense about

Running order info to be determined and released a full week before disembarking :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:57 pm

onenight wrote:Hopefully it's Savatage!

Its been mentioned numerous times that Jon would never do a cruise.

So yeah it would be a REALLY big surprise if it was Savatage :P

But, I'd actually much rather Trans Siberian Orchestra :)
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:...except one big surprise that he will keep us in suspense about

Running order info to be determined and released a full week before disembarking :lol:

I would just be happy if we could at least have it like year 1.

At least then we knew the full lineup 10 days out from sailing, and if I remember correctly the running order came out on the Friday before sailing.

That would be enough for me!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:36 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I dunno. Would Immortal or Emperor be so big a deal that Andy would treat the announcement so highly?

I know I'm a weenie, but to me they are "only" black metal bands which is quite a niche genre.

For me, something like Avantasia being announced..... Now THAT would be an announcement worthy of special treatment!

But again - its all relative. Extreme metal fans wouldn't give a single flying fuck about that announcement.

Further to that though, Andy's personal tastes I think veer towards the extreme and away from the power/weenie side, so I'm not sure he would be that personally excited about an announcement like Avantasia.

The thing with Emperor and Immortal is that they're both considered amongst the greatest black metal bands, and both tour/play shows very exclusively. Emperor's later material is also quite proggy and experimental, so I think you may be surprised how far their appeal goes beyond just the "extreme" crowd.

Myself personally, I lean more to the extreme side of the spectrum, but I enjoy much of the weenie side as well. I definitely wouldn't mind some Avantasia on the boat.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Either of those would be AMAZING
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Emperor is more than just some black metal band... I'm very much not a black metal fan but of the few that I enjoy, Emperor is always in a league of their own.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:32 am

cowboy71 wrote:I dunno. Would Immortal or Emperor be so big a deal that Andy would treat the announcement so highly?

Dude, Emperor transcends Black Metal. They're not just black metal, they're good metal. I would say Immortal is fucking huge because I've known many people who can't stand black metal at all who rave about Immortal. There's a reason those two bands in particular are so damn popular. :D

Also...I would never complain about a Savatage announcement.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Didn't Andy say in that Blog of Rock interview that we'd have another announcement before the week is out? That's like... tonight, right?

SOOOOOON
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:54 pm

EpidemicReign wrote:Didn't Andy say in that Blog of Rock interview that we'd have another announcement before the week is out? That's like... tonight, right?

SOOOOOON

I'm gonna keep my expectations low and guess next announcement will be in September. :cool:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm so excited that we're going to get announcements tomorrow... for Maryland Deathfest!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Sidenote: Is anybody seeing these stupid ads each time you refresh a page?

"Hot Deals! 4.99 for a silver metal clown horn!"

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

• Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Warphine wrote:Sidenote: Is anybody seeing these stupid ads each time you refresh a page?

"Hot Deals! 4.99 for a silver metal clown horn!"

Get AdBlock!
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:23 am

cowboy71 wrote:

Zach can sing instead of Jon :P
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:01 am

I'd be down with that :)

I would even settle for Circle II Circle being on broad again!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:08 am

Warphine wrote:I'm so excited that we're going to get announcements tomorrow... for Maryland Deathfest!

Bloodbath, Amorphis doing "Tales From A Thousand Lakes," Conan and Razor among many others.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:19 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Warphine wrote:I'm so excited that we're going to get announcements tomorrow... for Maryland Deathfest!

Bloodbath, Amorphis doing "Tales From A Thousand Lakes," Conan and Razor among many others.

Bloodbath may have just convinced me to go.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:58 am

Bloodbath at MDF is a dream come true. NO WAY I'm missing that!

Good luck trying to top that lineup UMC. I hope you do though ;)

EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

Bloodbath may have just convinced me to go.

Same. Plus Tales from the Thousand Lakes... I'm seriously thinking about doing MDF for the first time right after doing 70k for the first time!
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Warphine wrote:Bloodbath at MDF is a dream come true. NO WAY I'm missing that!

Bloodbath played one song in 2011 in Baltimore ,Eaten!,I was there and this will be my second (unofficial ) show .Amorphis,Bloodbath,Metal Church and Triptykon alone beats UMC line-up this year. :wank: I live 45 minutes from MDF also so I am super happy about this.Here is Ewe's Blog of Rock interview btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xquixyk4Q technically 22 August would be a week but only newbies and street teamers believe anymore lol!.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:05 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Warphine wrote:Bloodbath at MDF is a dream come true. NO WAY I'm missing that!

Bloodbath played one song in 2011 in Baltimore ,Eaten!,I was there and this will be my second (unofficial ) show .Amorphis,Bloodbath,Metal Church and Triptykon alone beats UMC line-up this year. :wank: I live 45 minutes from MDF also so I am super happy about this.Here is Ewe's Blog of Rock interview btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xquixyk4Q technically 22 August would be a week but only newbies and street teamers believe anymore lol!.

I remember hearing about that and being insanely jealous.

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

‘Til Death Do us Party

by Andy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:13 pm

The latest episode of 70000TONS.tv is here! Everybody hold your drink up high and toast ‘Til Death Do Us Party as we welcome CRUCIFIED BARBARA onbroad The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise when 70000TONS OF METAL sails to Ocho Rios JAMAICA in 2015!

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: ‘Til Death Do us Party

by Razor Ramon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:54 pm

I wish I could get something from my list...
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Never heard of them but having 4 extra girls on the ship is good,4 Swedish girls makes it great!They have all their stuff on Spotify and it sounds decent enough.Another Dragon Production band http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/ ,so I have big guess for the special band from the blog of rock post.The Gathering with Anneke van Giersbergen and current singer.The band is supposed to do a reunion show later this year and maybe UMC can't say anything until then.This would be a big announcement!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I wish I could get something from my list...

Dammit, I was just going to post "In before Razor Ray moans", but I was too late. :cheers:

I'll probably catch a set if it works in the schedule. Just checked them on youtube and they seem like a decent party band.
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah I used to listen to CB but haven't in years.

They will be entertaining live and I will definitely catch one set if not both!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Pommesgabel
    Oiler

by Pommesgabel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Missed him at Summerbreeze, but he could announce Machine Head...
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:23 pm

I really can't stand this band. I want to see more women in metal, but not girl groups with gimmicks and songs like "sell my kids for rock and roll." Heard that line at SB and cringed really, really hard, and I hate kids.

But it's just this one, so whatever. Just don't bring Kitty on next. :|
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:55 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Never heard of them but having 4 extra girls on the ship is good,4 Swedish girls makes it great!They have all their stuff on Spotify and it sounds decent enough.Another Dragon Production band http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/ ,so I have big guess for the special band from the blog of rock post.The Gathering with Anneke van Giersbergen and current singer.The band is supposed to do a reunion show later this year and maybe UMC can't say anything until then.This would be a big announcement!

The Gathering with both Anneke and Silje would get me to book. Definitely. Sucks that the tickets for the 25th anniversary show in the Netherlands sold out in a heartbeat. I guess announcing just Anneke with her own band would be plenty for me. Just saw her at Summer Breeze and she was amazing like always.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Never heard of them but having 4 extra girls on the ship is good,4 Swedish girls makes it great!They have all their stuff on Spotify and it sounds decent enough.Another Dragon Production band http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/ ,so I have big guess for the special band from the blog of rock post.The Gathering with Anneke van Giersbergen and current singer.The band is supposed to do a reunion show later this year and maybe UMC can't say anything until then.This would be a big announcement!

The Gathering with both Anneke and Silje would get me to book. Definitely. Sucks that the tickets for the 25th anniversary show in the Netherlands sold out in a heartbeat. I guess announcing just Anneke with her own band would be plenty for me. Just saw her at Summer Breeze and she was amazing like always.

Anneke + Devin Townsend

NOW how much would you pay?
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I really can't stand this band. I want to see more women in metal, but not girl groups with gimmicks and songs like "sell my kids for rock and roll." Heard that line at SB and cringed really, really hard, and I hate kids.

But it's just this one, so whatever. Just don't bring Kitty on next. :|

Kitten > Kittie

google it ;)
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 pm

EpidemicReign wrote:Anneke + Devin Townsend

Nah, never cared for Devin. Although I did just see them at Summer Breeze, and I liked the show more than I thought I would. Mostly because Anneke sang in almost every song, of course.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 pm

The whole "The Gathering" reunion thing would be a big announcement for you and me both, but I would have to say that even so The Gathering is quite "niche-ey". Something that probably wouldn't be a big deal to MOST cruisers. I think Andy is referring to something subjectively "bigger".

(and I kinda want it to be Babymetal but I'm not going to get my hopes up :lol: )
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Memnoch wrote:

Nah, never cared for Devin. Although I did just see them at Summer Breeze, and I liked the show more than I thought I would. Mostly because Anneke sang in almost every song, of course.

Ahh, personally I think those two are a match made in Heaven, so to speak. "Addicted" is one of my all-time favorite albums for that very reason.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:17 am

Memnoch wrote:

That wasn't even one of his best performances. Really, I think smaller venues are better for him, and also longer sets.

I really like Anneke. I missed her solo performance for some reason, can't really remember the exact reason. The Gathering was good with her in it, too, though not my usual kind of music. It made me pretty happy to see Anneke with him on stage, which I know I'll never see at a smaller US show.

EpidemicReign wrote:

The whole "The Gathering" reunion thing would be a big announcement for you and me both, but I would have to say that even so The Gathering is quite "niche-ey". Something that probably wouldn't be a big deal to MOST cruisers. I think Andy is referring to something subjectively "bigger".

(and I kinda want it to be Babymetal but I'm not going to get my hopes up :lol: )

I'm... sort of interested in seeing Babymetal, but maybe only if we can get Chthonic on as well, since they've gotten on stage together before. Also, I just really want Chthonic.

I also realized that I misspelled Kittie earlier. Whatever. My ass is still beat from this weekend. I'm a wimp.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
Post Reply 3601 posts