Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Safe to say that we will know SOON... Because there is not that much SOON left.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Memnoch wrote:I really hope we only get some "filler bands". Most of my favourites are considered fillers and, frankly, most of the rumoured bigger acts are shite.

Same - most of the bands I really like end up getting 45 minute sets.

I could rattle off the names of 20 bands from my wishlist that would only get 45 minute sets on broad.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:59 pm

I do enjoy the lesser known bands myself.
    But I do really need to see you all again. My job has gotten to me really bad and I want to see you all again. Beach party/ boat bash in a meer 17days or less :beerbang:
    Even more fun after that.
    70K. The trip I can not refuse
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:33 am

Madkill wrote:... looking forward to Andy's "I promise quicker bands announcements next time" traditional speech on the last night.

You think he'll be able to say that without even laughing?
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:34 am

Phoenix wrote:Sure, but I'll be honest, without having gone before the only reason I'd go again at this point IS for Sabaton. Will that change after being on a boat with you lot for 5 days, probably, but they are the only band I really truly wanted that I'm not getting this year. Well, them and Scar Symmetry/CoB, but there's still 20- some bands to go...

Sabaton + Scar Symmetry + CoB would be enough to make me buy the tickets. I could patiently wait for the rest of the lineup.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:38 am

Warphine wrote:
    Dundee wrote:
    Warphine wrote: but he can do it because we all book as soon as possible each year.

No, not ALL of us.

Yes, not all of us, but enough of us do.

Absolutely right. As long as sales don't drop he doesn't need to change his strategy, no matter how much it pisses us off. This year he took a ship with 50% more capacity and he managed to *almost* sell it out despite last year's disaster with the announcements - which has not improved much this year.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 am

bodomdragon wrote:Absolutely right. As long as sales don't drop he doesn't need to change his strategy, no matter how much it pisses us off. This year he took a ship with 50% more capacity and he managed to *almost* sell it out despite last year's disaster with the announcements - which has not improved much this year.

But this year we have a LOT of good bands.
    Last year the bands sucked a lot!
    For The Horde!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:09 am

Everyone is different. For me, if this was a 40 band cruise I would be feeling REALLY disappointed with the lineup.

A lot of okay bands, but the only wow-factor 10/10 band for me is Therion.

But, its not a 40 band cruise - we still have over a third of the lineup to go. So I'm okay.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:27 am

Yeah, I only have two must-see bands on at the moment: Origin and Triosphere. Sure, there are some ok bands, but nothing I'd regret missing. But then again, I'm not going because of the lineup.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:53 am

Yup, for me only Venom is a must see. Some bands are ok, some are totally crap and should never exist.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: News From The Holy Land

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:05 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    bernabeit wrote:Not a big fan of Melechesh but that song Andy linked is awesome. I like Brutal and Weenie stuff so as long as we get some quality bands in whatever type of metal I'm good :headbanger: Would love to see a decent Symphonic Metal / Female Fronted band announced but aka Sirenia!!

Indeed - we've always had at least one 'big' SYMPHONIC female fronted band (Therion doesn't really count):

2011 - Epica
    2012 - Nightwish, Tristania
    2013 - Delain, Lacuna Coil, Doro (not sure she counts :P)
    2014 - Leaves' Eyes, Xandria

So 2015? Most of the above are ruled out except Nightwish and Tristania. Amaranthe are a solid bet. Hoping there will at least be one other besides them - Sirenia, Serenity, Pythia, Revamp, Within Temptation, Diabulus in Musica, Sleeping Romance, Ancient Bards, Dalriada, Trillium. There are plenty out there to choose from !

i think it's safe to say that if re-vamp is abroad, so will nighwish (and perhaps vice-versa)
    on both accounts fine with me :-)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:01 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:i think it's safe to say that if re-vamp is abroad, so will nighwish (and perhaps vice-versa)

I think you're being too optimistic there :)
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:06 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:i think it's safe to say that if re-vamp is abroad, so will nighwish (and perhaps vice-versa)

How awesome would it be to have both bands and Tarot? :headbanger:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:09 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

How awesome would it be to have both bands and Tarot? :headbanger:

I haven't heard much of Revamp, but Nightwish and Tarot would be awesome indeed, two 2-setters for me.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Madkill wrote:... looking forward to Andy's "I promise quicker bands announcements next time" traditional speech on the last night.

You think he'll be able to say that without even laughing?
    ... he'll laugh after the collective "Yeah, right" thrown at him.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:14 am

Memnoch wrote:But then again, I'm not going because of the lineup.
    You sure are a social beast, then.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:45 am

Well, happy f*cking Monday, everyone!

Twiddling my thumbs waiting for announcements, but so excited I get to see you all in two weeks!

:shots: :deathhorns:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:49 am

(Bangs on desk while glaring at Andy)

TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK

(Maybe he'll notice and announce a band a few minutes ahead of whatever schedule he's on if we all start chanting)

TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK

(Maybe he'll give us someone to check out on youtube so we know one or two of their songs before we see them perform)

TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK

(Throw us a bone here)

TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK...

(Who will chant with me?)
    Hail Satan etc.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:49 am

Skullhammer wrote:By the way:
    This sounds interesting
    ...but there will probably be a present for our veteran cruisers, waiting for them upon their arrival...

The present will be the running order.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:54 am

Andy, the band nazi. "NO BANDS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:30 am

meshuggah wrote:Andy, the band nazi. "NO BANDS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lol:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:34 am

Is it normal to access the Artists menu on the 70000 tons website more than 10 times a day?
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:40 am

mikijonas wrote:Is it normal to access the Artists menu on the 70000 tons website more than 10 times a day?

Maybe?

Their website's bounce rate must be out of control, what with people constantly checking the website for a new band and then immediately leaving.

I'll be checking on the hour from around 10am Vancouver time until bedtime. There's gotta be something announced today. Not much time left.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:44 am

SaraMarie wrote: There's gotta be something announced today. Not much time left.

shhhh if you say that we won't have anything :D

I THINK WE WON'T HAVE ANNOUNCEMENTS TODAY

*please give us a band today :cry: *
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • brunoredsox
    Crewman

by brunoredsox » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:51 am

I'm ok with that, because it appears that the "mainstream" bands have already been announced. Giving that my personal taste doesn't have that many mainstream bands, I'm hoping that 6 or 7 of my favorites will get on the boat, like Agent Steel, Vanden Plas, Doomsword, Atlantean Kodex, Riot, Pharaoh, Mekong Delta, Mael Mórdha, Falconer (ok, Falconer is kinda mainstream), etc.
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 am

Come on ANDY, have balls, and anounce the remaining bands just the day of the departure !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    mikijonas wrote:Is it normal to access the Artists menu on the 70000 tons website more than 10 times a day?

Maybe?

Their website's bounce rate must be out of control, what with people constantly checking the website for a new band and then immediately leaving.

I'll be checking on the hour from around 10am Vancouver time until bedtime. There's gotta be something announced today. Not much time left.

Guys, here's an easier and more practical solution, in case you're interested.

1. Enter the official 70k Facebook site via your PC.
    2. Click on the "like" button you can see on the banner.
    3. Select "receive notifications" on the deployable menu.

And from now on you'll be notified in your smartphone whenever a Facebook update happens. Yeah, these updates could be bullshit like "wear your 70k t-shirt everywhere" and stuff like that, but you'll get a notification when a new band is announced. I find this pretty damn useful.

Thank me later!
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:42 am

For some reason, lately I've been getting 70K facebook notifications like 45 minutes to an hour later than I should be. I wonder if it's because I "liked" the page years ago and so now it's priority is lower or something like that.

Either way, I just unfollowed/re-followed and unchecked/rechecked Get notifications in the hopes that it will fix this issue.

ANDY, give us another post so I can test this out! :)
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:06 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:

Maybe?

Guys, here's an easier and more practical solution, in case you're interested.

1. Enter the official 70k Facebook site via your PC.
    2. Click on the "like" button you can see on the banner.
    3. Select "receive notifications" on the deployable menu.

And from now on you'll be notified in your smartphone whenever a Facebook update happens. Yeah, these updates could be bullshit like "wear your 70k t-shirt everywhere" and stuff like that, but you'll get a notification when a new band is announced. I find this pretty damn useful.

Thank me later!

What about those of us who have a stupidphone?
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:12 pm

onenight wrote: What about those of us who have a stupidphone?

Then you only get to receive the notification in your computer :)
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:29 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Come on ANDY, have balls, and anounce the remaining bands just the day of the departure !

I'm starting to wonder, but nothing surprises me anymore.

FIFTEEN DAYS UNTIL I FLY TO FT. LAUDERDALE!!!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Krys wrote:

Me too, and I think I'm flying through Ottawa. :bangers:
    Are you on Air Canada?
    Hail Satan etc.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:01 pm

TICK TOCK indeed. Under 17 days to go now, and 11 days until I fly out!!

What are the chances of 2 bands a day so the lineup will be complete before I leave? Good, right?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!! I crack me up :lol: :P :roll: :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:TICK TOCK indeed. Under 17 days to go now, and 11 days until I fly out!!

What are the chances of 2 bands a day so the lineup will be complete before I leave? Good, right?

1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:TICK TOCK indeed. Under 17 days to go now, and 11 days until I fly out!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!! I crack me up :lol: :P :roll: :cry:
    LOL,I bet he announces 10 bands starting from the Monday before the cruise.So guessing 62 bands total that means 14 the next 14 days,and even those will be closer to the sail date.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:26 pm

acidbasement wrote:
    Krys wrote:

Me too, and I think I'm flying through Ottawa. :bangers:
    Are you on Air Canada?

I believe so, the ticket was a gift. I leave around 7 or 8pm. :D
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:17 pm

MMMMM well 13 days to flight time, to hit all bands before we get on the plane means 1 announcement every 14 hours,

I'll go with the ZERO vote of this happening, :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Time to start getting excited :cheers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:21 pm

carlynjason wrote:MMMMM well 13 days to flight time, to hit all bands before we get on the plane means 1 announcement every 14 hours,

I'll go with the ZERO vote of this happening, :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Time to start getting excited :cheers:

Hells yes!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:28 pm

MEDIC!!!! :shock:

Hope you are okay dude :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:44 pm

I wonder what the bands are thinking when it's a week or two before the cruise and they still can't tell anyone that they are playing..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Post Reply 3601 posts