Post Reply 52 posts
Cripper Award 2015
  • User avatar
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 648
    Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:20 pm
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by Fatum11 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:08 am

    Ok, I don't understand what this is.... Is it an unknown band that gets booked for the cruise or just an unknown band in general :?

    I thought we were posting bands that we would like to see onbroad that have a small following?
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 am

    Fatum11 wrote:Ok, I don't understand what this is.... Is it an unknown band that gets booked for the cruise or just an unknown band in general :?

    I thought we were posting bands that we would like to see onbroad that have a small following?


    an unknownd band booked for 70K.
    but since it's pretty early. we can still advice bands for the cripper award and andy will have to pick one of them :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by Stained Class » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 am

    Fatum11 wrote:Ok, I don't understand what this is.... Is it an unknown band that gets booked for the cruise or just an unknown band in general :?

    I thought we were posting bands that we would like to see onbroad that have a small following?

    Yeah, right now we're just throwing names around of small, unknown bands that could be runners for the Cripper award :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 648
    Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:20 pm
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by Fatum11 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 pm

    Ahhh ok. Thanks guys! :pound:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by X-Thor » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:13 pm

    klons wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:So we need unkow bands for this award...


    Blind Guar.... wait, nope, definitely not gonna work. :roll:


    Are we friends? We should totally be friends.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm
    Location: Squamish, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by klons » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:42 pm

    X-Thor wrote:
    klons wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:So we need unkow bands for this award...


    Blind Guar.... wait, nope, definitely not gonna work. :roll:


    Are we friends? We should totally be friends.


    We totally should. Honestly don't know how we haven't properly met over the last couple cruises. BUT NO MORE! Especially considering I'm part of team "Get Hector and Deb onbroad 2015", it'll be impossible not to!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • User avatar
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 608
    Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Erickson, Manitoba

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by acidbasement » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:11 pm

    I nominate Грай (aka Grai), an awesome folk metal band from Russia with female vocal harmonies.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gMCxCI9IBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicTUvDVTHA

    I also nominate Nodfyr, which is the new band started by Joris after he left Heidevolk. I've got a lot of respect for Joris as an artist, and after talking with him for awhile after the Paganfest show in St. Paul last year, I'd give him an A+ in the niceness dept. as well.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNpJMOZhZs
    Skoden. Stoodis.
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by Ravenlord » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:13 am

    acidbasement wrote:I nominate Грай (aka Grai), an awesome folk metal band from Russia with female vocal harmonies.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gMCxCI9IBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicTUvDVTHA

    I also nominate Nodfyr, which is the new band started by Joris after he left Heidevolk. I've got a lot of respect for Joris as an artist, and after talking with him for awhile after the Paganfest show in St. Paul last year, I'd give him an A+ in the niceness dept. as well.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNpJMOZhZs


    +1 For Grai. Saw them in Poland last year and they were great. Love the female singers. Beautiful voices.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    SHMILY123
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 pm

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by SHMILY123 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:31 am

    klons wrote:Unleash the Archers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVi0d7oqDvs

    Crimson Shadows
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65LfLPt5rM

    Scythia
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHytTKn9w70



    What can I say, I'll always try and plug local(ish) bands.



    Now that we know we're going, my better half is on a mission to get Unleash the Archers signed up. They're awesome!! :)
  • User avatar
    biertroll
    Midshipman
    Posts: 791
    Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Contact:

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by biertroll » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:42 am

    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

    Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • User avatar
    Speedy
    Ensign
    Posts: 1399
    Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am
    Location: Trondheim, Norway

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by Speedy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:50 am

    Ravenlord wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:I nominate Грай (aka Grai), an awesome folk metal band from Russia with female vocal harmonies.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gMCxCI9IBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicTUvDVTHA

    I also nominate Nodfyr, which is the new band started by Joris after he left Heidevolk. I've got a lot of respect for Joris as an artist, and after talking with him for awhile after the Paganfest show in St. Paul last year, I'd give him an A+ in the niceness dept. as well.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNpJMOZhZs


    +1 For Grai. Saw them in Poland last year and they were great. Love the female singers. Beautiful voices.

    I stumbled across them a while ago, and I fully support this. And while we're at Russian folk/pagan metal: Калевала (Kalevala), Невидь (Nevid) and Смута (Smuta) would also fit.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

    International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • User avatar
    Dundee
    Crewman
    Posts: 64
    Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 am

    Re: Cripper Award 2015

    by Dundee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:22 am

    Found this great band from Down Under: Damnations Game

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwOroCVb8g

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests