Post Reply 20 posts Page 1 of 1
Everything i can afford is already sold out.....
    Randude
    Wiper

Everything i can afford is already sold out.....

by Randude » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:55 am

Really bummed about this....will any other options for 3 or 4 to a room open up when it opens to newbies to register at noon today or is my dream to go squashed for 2015 and i just need to save more $$$ for 2016.....?
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

Re: Everything i can afford is already sold out.....

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:57 am

There is a section on this forum about finding rooms. Plenty of people who booked the cheaper rooms will have available spots!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Randude
    Wiper

by Randude » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:03 am

Awesome - thank you - that raises my spirits and hopes
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:18 am

There is still some $666 and $733 cabins available for single tickets ($100 surcharge applies), but you can't see those unless you log in with a promo code.
    If you want one of those I'd send the request as soon as booking opens, as they'll probably go fast.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Randude
    Wiper

by Randude » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:30 am

I guess i dont understand how this reservation system works....

my 2 buddies and I were looking at one of the less expensive rooms - if we do the single ticket thing then we'd each have to stay in someone else's cabin...?
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:38 am

Randude wrote:I guess i dont understand how this reservation system works....

my 2 buddies and I were looking at one of the less expensive rooms - if we do the single ticket thing then we'd each have to stay in someone else's cabin...?

If all of you do single tickets, there's no guarantee that you'll en up in the same room, as UMC will match you with other people buying single tickets. You could request to get a cabin together if you put that in the "special requests" field on the booking form, but there's no guarantee.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Randude
    Wiper

by Randude » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:42 am

One last question for you.....at noon should we sign up online or call the number listed...?

Thank you for all your help/info
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:54 am

Randude wrote:One last question for you.....at noon should we sign up online or call the number listed...?

Thank you for all your help/info

Difficult to say. I've only made one booking myself, single ticket for 2013 online. This year and next year I was/am part of a private cabin where someone else is lead.
    It sounds like calling might be better for you, since you can talk to someone and go through what options you have, but I'm not sure.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.

erkpod
    Oiler

by erkpod » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 am

You've got a couple of options.

You can go down the single ticket route & it will be pot luck who you get put with. Speedy & I were placed together in 2013 & it was totally fine. I've done the single pax thing in 2013 & 2014 with no problem. You find out a lot later on who you'll be bunking with.

Seeing as though you have 2 mates interested, you can go for a triple or a quad & bunk together. One of you will have to go lead passenger for the purposes of the booking. That's what I'm doing this year. Each person should pay their own bit - the prices on the site are per person. If you get a quad and/or one of your mates pull out, find someone to fill the gap.

Also remember that you should have the option to pay in 4 installments so you won't be paying the full amount when you sign up.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:00 am

I've never heard of anyone missing 79K because he/she didn't find tickets. So if you can't find one at a price you are willing to pay, you can always look for people selling spots in their cabins... Though it'd be hard to find three spots in the same cabin.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:07 am

Also, when you book, enter this code FDBCYNHACL and then look for me on the boat. I'll buy you a beer. :cool: :cool:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am

X-Thor wrote:I've never heard of anyone missing 79K because he/she didn't find tickets. So if you can't find one at a price you are willing to pay, you can always look for people selling spots in their cabins... Though it'd be hard to find three spots in the same cabin.

so now its 79K Hector? hehehe

X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:10 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:I've never heard of anyone missing 79K because he/she didn't find tickets. So if you can't find one at a price you are willing to pay, you can always look for people selling spots in their cabins... Though it'd be hard to find three spots in the same cabin.

Gorram typos. :oops: :oops:

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:21 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

It's more like 154K now anyways :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

HA! See? I'm closer than you to the REAL number. :cool: :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol:

--
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm

much sillyness

• Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:00 pm

The sad thing is that so many people were not gonna book early this year. Now, all the rooms on a bigger ship are selling out fast.

I was thinking about going next year again. But, i am waiting for more bucket list bands. I learned my lesson last year. When i had the cash, the lineup was just OK. Now i like the lineup a lot more and the fucker is gonna sell out. This sucks
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    erkpod
    Oiler

by erkpod » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

70000 Tons of New Boat.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:33 pm

erkpod wrote:

You've got a couple of options.

You can go down the single ticket route & it will be pot luck who you get put with. Speedy & I were placed together in 2013 & it was totally fine. I've done the single pax thing in 2013 & 2014 with no problem. You find out a lot later on who you'll be bunking with.

Seeing as though you have 2 mates interested, you can go for a triple or a quad & bunk together. One of you will have to go lead passenger for the purposes of the booking. That's what I'm doing this year. Each person should pay their own bit - the prices on the site are per person. If you get a quad and/or one of your mates pull out, find someone to fill the gap.

Also remember that you should have the option to pay in 4 installments so you won't be paying the full amount when you sign up.

All of this EXCEPT, the later about your cabin mates part.

Two times on boat and both times as single I booked solo, I also emailed UMC after booking and told them to forward my contact info to my cabin mate. (Email, FB) Both times got responses from my cabin mates :)
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • AllisonC1978
    Oiler

by AllisonC1978 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 pm

ooohh I didn't even think to have UMC forward my contact info to my cabin mates..thanks for that..I will do that immediately..the thought of being in close quarters with three as yet unknown females makes me nervous..especially since I don't always get along well with other women...this would be so much better than going in completely blind
Post Reply 20 posts Page 1 of 1