Post Reply 118 posts
Quick questions for survivors!
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

Re: Quick questions for survivors!

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:36 am

MikeB wrote:
    ANTIKRISS wrote:Gonna sound like a noob, but, what does master drill mean?

Better than I could explain it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muster_drill

safety first !

pretty sure 2 cruises ago I saw someone crowd surf during the muster drill!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:40 am

Yeah they make lots of jokes aimed at us metalheads and there's a hey chant when they sound off the alarm. It's good times.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:46 am

Just hope it's not gonna be the best part of the cruise!! haha
    For The Horde!
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    MikeB wrote:

safety first !

That is amazing! Muster drill always feels like such a tease because it's the one thing keeping the party from starting. After muster drill it's like, "I'm free!!"
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:10 am

Last cruise, our muster station was in Bolero's, on the starbroad side. We were told to go sit in the bar. :chug:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:15 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Last cruise, our muster station was in Bolero's, on the starbroad side. We were told to go sit in the bar. :chug:

Mine was outside directly facing the sun. I hate you. :bitch:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    erkpod
    Oiler

by erkpod » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:33 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    MikeB wrote:

safety first !

This year, there was crowd surfing in the hot tub on Wednesday night.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 pm

magicgrl111 wrote:That is amazing! Muster drill always feels like such a tease because it's the one thing keeping the party from starting. After muster drill it's like, "I'm free!!"

Exactly!

Like the last school bell before summer vacation :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Last cruise, our muster station was in Bolero's, on the starbroad side. We were told to go sit in the bar. :chug:

Mine was outside directly facing the sun. I hate you. :bitch:

+1
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:14 am

magicgrl111 wrote:
    That is amazing! Muster drill always feels like such a tease because it's the one thing keeping the party from starting. After muster drill it's like, "I'm free!!"

Absolutely how the muster drill feels! In 2012 I ended up hanging out with a rowdy Australian who decided that we could sit in the Boleros for the drill, WAY more entertaining but not really advised :P

The impromptu "your boat sucks" in 2011 is my favourite muster memory.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:16 am

Samhain wrote:The impromptu "your boat sucks" in 2011 is my favourite muster memory.

I remember seeing that on Youtube, I tought that was pretty funny. Maybe we should do it again this year ?
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    magicgrl111 wrote:That is amazing! Muster drill always feels like such a tease because it's the one thing keeping the party from starting. After muster drill it's like, "I'm free!!"

Exactly!

Like the last school bell before summer vacation :headbanger:

Yeah, couldn't put it better myself. I actually dread the muster drill, Easily the most serious and least fun part of the whole trip.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 am

Sitting on the toilet for 2 days after the cruise.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 am

MikeB wrote:
    Samhain wrote:The impromptu "your boat sucks" in 2011 is my favourite muster memory.

I remember seeing that on Youtube, I tought that was pretty funny. Maybe we should do it again this year ?

We do this every Year when another Boat leaves - from the Pool Deck....

Dimma wrote:Sitting on the toilet for 2 days after the cruise.

Better than 2 Days during the cruise....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:04 pm

A dick element?? So i was not the only one who noticed.

Was it just me, or was there something off about 2014??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:A dick element?? So i was not the only one who noticed.

Was it just me, or was there something off about 2014??

Covered that already, mostly with the answer of "Calvin". :chug:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:46 am

Heh! On my first cruise, just a few months before the first 70k Tons cruise, our muster station was also in Boleros. I thought "well, hell, THAT wasn't too bad. Wonder why my mom said muster drill was such a pain?" (She's been on almost 30 cruises, so she's pretty much seen it all.)
    Naturally, on every cruise since then I've had to line up outside, in the blazing Miami heat, four rows deep on the deck, packed in like sardines. My mom had it right; I should never have doubted her wisdom. :lol:

So, yeah, there's this to follow:

Muster drill always feels like such a tease because it's the one thing keeping the party from starting. After muster drill it's like, "I'm free!!"

Yes, yes, YES! That after-muster-drill feeling, that sense of freedom IS one of the best things about any cruise. (Muster drill...not so much.)
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:08 pm

So wait, whos ass was being eaten out?? Was it a male or female?????

After a day of reflection, i had questions.... Lol
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

magicgrl111 wrote:Muster drill always feels like such a tease because it's the one thing keeping the party from starting. After muster drill it's like, "I'm free!!"

Yeah, the Muster Drill really sucks when you end up on the side with the sun blasting you in the face the whole time!

Although, besides the sun, this years muster drill was fantastic because I stood right next to Michael Romeo and Russell Allen of Symphony X and talked with them the whole time. The whole time Russell Allen was blasting some Van Halen and Dio from his bluetooth speaker! The man was an absolute walking party.

My buddy and cabinmate (and huge X fan) totally flipped his shit when he noticed we were right next to them, it was funny haha.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:21 pm

I would say the overall consensus is the best thing is hanging out with fellow metalheads.

Best.
    1. The people
    2. It's a fuckin' cruise
    3. The food and being able to walk into the dining room, eat and leave without dealing with a bill.
    4. Watching (or just listening to) bands while sitting in or near the pool with a drink in hand.
    5. The crew were awesome. There was a lady bartender in the karaoke bar who was awesome.

Worst
    1. It's only four days
    2. Not enough time in port
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Warphine wrote:
    magicgrl111 wrote:Muster drill always feels like such a tease because it's the one thing keeping the party from starting. After muster drill it's like, "I'm free!!"

Yeah, the Muster Drill really sucks when you end up on the side with the sun blasting you in the face the whole time!

Although, besides the sun, this years muster drill was fantastic because I stood right next to Michael Romeo and Russell Allen of Symphony X and talked with them the whole time. The whole time Russell Allen was blasting some Van Halen and Dio from his bluetooth speaker! The man was an absolute walking party.

My buddy and cabinmate (and huge X fan) totally flipped his shit when he noticed we were right next to them, it was funny haha.

Oh that's awesome!!! Yeah, Russell was amazing, he was so much fun to be around. My muster drill was fine because I got to be inside, but it still was annoying to wait.
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:07 pm

I've also got a quick question for the survivors... according to the FAQ, "The use of Pocket and Cell Phone Cameras is permitted at all performances on board."

I just want to verify that "pocket cameras" does indeed refer to pocket-sized DIGITAL cameras that are capable of recording video?
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 pm

EpidemicReign wrote:I've also got a quick question for the survivors... according to the FAQ, "The use of Pocket and Cell Phone Cameras is permitted at all performances on board."

I just want to verify that "pocket cameras" does indeed refer to pocket-sized DIGITAL cameras that are capable of recording video?

Yes, it does. I've seen even semi-pro cameras (is that a thing?), so yeah, you're ok.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:26 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    EpidemicReign wrote:I've also got a quick question for the survivors... according to the FAQ, "The use of Pocket and Cell Phone Cameras is permitted at all performances on board."

Yes, it does. I've seen even semi-pro cameras (is that a thing?), so yeah, you're ok.

Great, thanks man! Definitely want to make sure I have a decent camera for my first time onbroad. At least something better than my cell phone's camera.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 pm

EpidemicReign wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Great, thanks man! Definitely want to make sure I have a decent camera for my first time onbroad. At least something better than my cell phone's camera.

just make sure it doesn't have an external mic and a serious brace (ie a shoulder harness) ... if they see you and it looks semi-professional they will come up to you and ask you to stop recording. may even take it or have you delete what you recorded ( unless you get a press pass for such equipment ) :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:28 am

Also play with your camera a bit before the cruise.
    Every venue and every camera are different.
    With mine, I need to be as close to the speakers as possable
    Other cameras you need to be as far away as possable.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:00 am

DragonLordJones wrote:just make sure it doesn't have an external mic and a serious brace (ie a shoulder harness) ... if they see you and it looks semi-professional they will come up to you and ask you to stop recording. may even take it or have you delete what you recorded ( unless you get a press pass for such equipment ) :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

Azazel101 wrote:Also play with your camera a bit before the cruise.

Thanks for the input, fellas. :cheers:

I probably won't be recording much video if at all, mostly just still photos... I just wanted to be sure that my device won't be banned because it is capable of recording video. Where I live, digital cameras are almost always a no-no at shows so I'll be stoked to be able to bring one onbroad! Also the camera I plan on bringing will be very small, like a Canon Powershot or something similar. So it should be all good :beerbang:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:50 am

EpidemicReign wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:just make sure it doesn't have an external mic and a serious brace (ie a shoulder harness) ... if they see you and it looks semi-professional they will come up to you and ask you to stop recording. may even take it or have you delete what you recorded ( unless you get a press pass for such equipment ) :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

Azazel101 wrote:Also play with your camera a bit before the cruise.

Thanks for the input, fellas. :cheers:

I probably won't be recording much video if at all, mostly just still photos... I just wanted to be sure that my device won't be banned because it is capable of recording video. Where I live, digital cameras are almost always a no-no at shows so I'll be stoked to be able to bring one onbroad! Also the camera I plan on bringing will be very small, like a Canon Powershot or something similar. So it should be all good :beerbang:

That is all I use and people love my videos.
    Good luck and see you soon :mrgreen:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 am

Here is one Alison wanted for the DvD that never came out
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d18bRDOR54U
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 am

Azazel101 wrote:Here is one Alison wanted for the DvD that never came out
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d18bRDOR54U

One of my many greatest 70K memories! Love this song, this band, this moment in fucked up time! :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:12 am

Will there be a place for forumites to meet onbroad?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 am

Jotunheimr wrote:Will there be a place for forumites to meet onbroad?

Traditionally, we meet on the Sports Deck after the muster drill. Looks like it'll be Deck 13 on the Liberty.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:46 am

The worst things are: 1) the line for merch (expect a one to three! hour line IF you go at busy times); 2) the last-minute band announcements; and 3) the running orders that are only revealed at the start of each day.

The best things are: every single part of the experience not mentioned above. Seriously, this is four days of paradise, and there is a reason that most people who go are repeat customers. I have gone on four of these so far (2015 will be no. 5), and during that time I have seen dozens of amazing, intimate concerts by bands who will never come to my home city, met tons of new permanent friends who I see every year, met and drank with many of my favourite artists, seen many parts of the world I would otherwise never have seen, and only met ONE asshole cruiser during that entire time (well, maybe two).

So, go in with the expectation that you will have a good time, and I promise you will have a fantastic time instead.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:01 am

^ this :beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    samlanda
    Oiler

by samlanda » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Best: Being able to sit in a cesspool-I-MEAN-HOT-TUB with 10 new best friends, passing around a bucket of beers and watching bands. Or singing karaoke with those bands. Or sitting drunk in the middle of the hall at 3 am and playing guitar. It's all awesome.

Worst: The drink prices are kinda high--but if you tip well and keep going back to the same staff, prices get lower and drinks start to even themselves out…or maybe you're drunk and stop noticing the prices anymore. Swipe my card again!

But really, the worst part of the cruise is leaving. You called it…haha.
    70k 14/15/16/17/19

facebook.com/deadasylum
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Drink prices really are not that bad for big city America.
    And this being a festival with no where else to go they are really pretty damn good :cheers:
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah, if you're from big city America.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Best thing - people, bands, everything else!!!!

Worst thing - 1. Going too hard the first two or three nights and crash and burn the last night. I did this the last two cruises, I got too excited :whisky: :shots: . 2. Merch line is terrible, and the way they do it is terrible!! Not a big one though 3. I agree you have too much fun which makes other holidays / concerts / festivals seem boring.

I don't mind the muster drill, funny stuff sometimes happen there and I have had a drink in my hand every time!! :beerbang:
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
  • Post Reply 118 posts