Post Reply 96 posts
70,000 Tons of March Metal Madness over, now a announcement?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: 70,000 Tons of March Metal Madness Round 4

by X-Thor » Thu May 08, 2014 9:23 am

Blind Guardian!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu May 08, 2014 9:26 am

X-Thor wrote:Blind Guardian!

That choice was a shock. :P
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 am

Sgt. B wrote:

You know, I like to make unexpected choices from time to time. :lol:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed May 14, 2014 7:33 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

You know, I like to make unexpected choices from time to time. :lol:

Hehehehe yay for Blind Guardian!!!!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

70,000 Tons of March Metal Madness over, now a announcement?

by Azazel101 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:19 pm

BG 9

EQ 5

closer than I thought
    Game Over :deathmetal:

Now an Important Announcement from The Skipper?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: 70,000 Tons of March Metal Madness over, now a announcem

by Stained Class » Wed May 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Cool, every pick I made wound up winning.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed May 14, 2014 11:17 pm

Hmmm....guess I'm not feelin' the super-love (now or before) that many seem to have toward Blind Guardian. Although I enjoyed them ok enough on the 2011 cruise (new to me at that time)...they have zero future festival "draw power" for me.
    *shrugs*
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu May 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Laura wrote:Hmmm....guess I'm not feelin' the super-love (now or before) that many seem to have toward Blind Guardian. Although I enjoyed them ok enough on the 2011 cruise (new to me at that time)...they have zero future festival "draw power" for me.
    *shrugs*

I still hope I run into you at a festival one day, Laura! Even if it's not 70k 2015!!!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 16, 2014 4:49 pm

:heavydrink: Krys - no doubt we will run into each other at some point...would love to meet you and party up. :beerwink: 70k 2015 is highly unlikely for me, since I booked Rock Legends III http://rocklegendscruise.com (and good thing I did when I did, since it is now sold out). As for future music/metal/other trips...that's a huge, exciting, wide open universe right now (in my mind) as there are so many amazing possibilities out there. This is so exciting to me to think about! :) Not ruling out 70K in the future though...but it will be awhile (for me) to return I suspect. It will be interesting to see how different it might seem (if at all) when I return.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Laura wrote::heavydrink: Krys - no doubt we will run into each other at some point...would love to meet you and party up. :beerwink: 70k 2015 is highly unlikely for me, since I booked Rock Legends III http://rocklegendscruise.com (and good thing I did when I did, since it is now sold out). As for future music/metal/other trips...that's a huge, exciting, wide open universe right now (in my mind) as there are so many amazing possibilities out there. This is so exciting to me to think about! :) Not ruling out 70K in the future though...but it will be awhile (for me) to return I suspect. It will be interesting to see how different it might seem (if at all) when I return.

Yeah I noticed earlier today that Rock Legends 3 is sold out already :| Its crazy isn't it? You announce your lineup early, and you sell out early *gasp*

And on the BLIND GUARDIAN point. Must admit I feel similar to you Laura. I'm a fan of theirs for 20 years, but them being on 70k is no drawcard for me. Seen them a bunch of times and they are just not what they once were. GOOD, and will definitely see them twice if by some miracle we do go in 2015, but yeah not an OMG I MUST BOOK NOW band like Amaranthe, Magnum, Within Temptation or Powerwolf would be.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue May 20, 2014 7:54 am

Yay for Blind Guardian!!!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 am

Yeah I'm with a couple others here. I never LOVED Blind Guardian as much as a lot of people on here seem to. But, I do really like them and will definitely watch both sets :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Liv
    Oiler

by Liv » Wed May 28, 2014 6:06 pm

I would love for some Black Metal to be announced. But, I'm just going to assume that they'll hold off for the colder, more grim months to make such announcements.
    70K 2013 Survivor

70k 2014 Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 29, 2014 7:18 am

Liv wrote:I would love for some Black Metal to be announced. But, I'm just going to assume that they'll hold off for the colder, more grim months to make such announcements.

We've never really had more than one black metal band each year so don't expect much. I think he should get a couple more as it's a pretty big genre but that's what's happened on the previous 70K's.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:27 am

I feel like he's gone through all the generic BM bands that tour the states. I mean generic as far as tours go. Satyricon, Dark Funeral, Marduk, and Mayhem? Pretty standard stuff to tour the states these days if you ask me. I would love for some Setherial or Immortal since they've only come to the states once. Granted I understand that this fest isn't necessarily exclusively for the states, but for me personally the boat is mainly about seeing things that we normally don't get on American soil.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:57 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:... me personally the boat is mainly about seeing things that we normally don't get on American soil.

Or for me, Australian soil :)

So far each 70K has had at LEAST 5 bands for me that I've loved and who (at least at the time) had never been to Australia.

2015 only has one so far (Therion) that I saw both times in 2012 anyway.

Hoping (if I go) that some bands from my signature get added. With 44 bands to go its highly likely there will indeed be at least 4 or 5. If I could choose the five bands, they would be PYTHIA, POWERWOLF, AMARANTHE, WITHIN TEMPTATION and VAN CANTO.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation