Post Reply 87 posts
The 70k Curse!
    cowboy71
    Commander

The 70k Curse!

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:38 pm

See the "70k Curse" has struck again. Two members of Equilibrium just left the band. Think there has been something similar on every 70k! Khan leaving Kamelot before 2012, Angra using Fabio in 2013, Yossi leaving Orphaned Land before 2014, Arch Enemy and Equillibrium now for 2015.

I know there are others too - and I know it happens all the time in music but it seems to happen a lot for 70k considering the relatively small number of bands on the bill.

What others have there been?

Barge To Hell - Nachtmystium broke up just after
    2011 - Barlow left Iced Earth just AFTER 70k
    2012 - God Dethroned play last ever show, Dark Funeral had new vocalist, Mark from Riot passes away, Frank Mullen and Mike Smith quit Suffocation just after, No Khan in Kamelot
    2013 - No permanent lead singer for Angra
    2014 - Yossi left Orphaned Land, Dark Tranquillity without bassist
    2015 - Angela leaves Arch Enemy, Andi and Sandra leave Equillibrium
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Re: The 70k Curse!

by Malaka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Nevermore and God Dethroned played their last shows on the Majesty.
    Mark Reale died while Riot was onbroad.
    And Yossi left Orphaned Land, not Kobi.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Malaka wrote:Nevermore and God Dethroned played their last shows on the Majesty.
    Mark Reale died while Riot was onbroad.
    And Yossi left Orphaned Land, not Kobi.

Aaaah woops thanks! I'll fix that :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Oh, Frank Mullen and Mike Smith quit Suffocation after 2012.
    Nachtmystium broke up after Barge.
    Dark Funeral had a new vocalist in 2012, and were announced as Emperor Magus Caligula quit.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Malaka wrote:Nevermore and God Dethroned played their last shows on the Majesty.

Actually Nevermore got half way through a European tour after. They actually played 21 shows after 70k according to setlist.fm.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Actually Nevermore got half way through a European tour after. They actually played 21 shows after 70k according to setlist.fm.

Okay - don't think that's curse-worthy :P Anette got kicked out of Nightwish after 70k 2012 as well but again they played quite a few shows before that happened so not counting that one either.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Forbidden has disbanded.
    Paul left Swashbuckle around 2011-2012.
    Annete quit Nightwish... or got fired.
    Steve from Gotthard died right before the 2013 cruise.
    Claudio from Lacuna Coil died last year.
    Sacred Reich says they won't tour anymore.
    Torbjorn from Keep of Kalessin quit in late 2013.
    Fill in drummers were used for Keep of Kalessin & Satyricon in 2014.
    Nobody has heard a thing from half the bands on Barge, since Barge.

I am an ocean of negativity. :razz:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Wow! I did not know that! Let's blame Europe for that one then. :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Malaka wrote:Forbidden has disbanded.

HAHAHAAHA! You are :shock: :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:37 pm

I don't know if this constitutes a proper "curse" or not :P ...because I don't know the full story/situation/circumstance around this....but wasn't the (regular) lead singer of Unleashed not present on 70K 2011? Before them being announced for 70K, I was hitherto unfamiliar with them, but upon buying As Yggdrasil Trembles (which I love btw), I really got into the band and enjoyed their Chorus Line gig. (haha, at least what I can recall considering it was one of those wee hour gigs :trashdrink: :shred: :lol: )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:38 pm

:lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Actually, Steve from Gotthard died in 2010, 3 years before the cruise.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Malaka wrote:Nobody has heard a thing from half the bands on Barge, since Barge.

I hadn't heard a thing from half the bands on Barge, before Barge...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Annete getting fired from Nightwish was awesome and Claudio hasn't been in Lacuna Coil since 1998.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Khan quit Kamelot right before ProgPower USA in Sept. 2010.

Singer Steve Lee (Gotthard) died in a motorcycle accident in October, 2010.

Many festivals/tours have had issues with visas, members leaving, and bands canceling. Just part of the music business.

A curse. :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Malaka wrote:Annete quit Nightwish... or got fired.

It's more a benediction than a curse in my opinion.
    For The Horde!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:40 am

God Dethroned actually extended their career to play 70k, since their last show had been scheduled to be a couple months prior... so that's a 70k blessing, if you ask me.

Anacrusis called it quits after the cruise, right?
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:20 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:

They had already more or less called it quits I think, they just decided to do 70k when they got offered anyways.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:50 pm

Candlemass firing singer Robert Lowe not long after the cruise. I think 70k was his final gig with the band? Had mostly to do with "quality of live performances" being unprofessional, and not being able to learn the lyrics. Apparently the fans singing along knew the lyrics to the classics better than he did.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Joris left Heidevolk and Kari left Tyr after the 2013 cruise. And bummer about Anette, she was the best thing to have ever happened to Nightwish.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:20 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: And bummer about Anette, she was the best thing to have ever happened to Nightwish.

Said less than 1% of Nightwish fans :lol:
    I liked Anette, but most people hated her it seems!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:42 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote: And bummer about Anette, she was the best thing to have ever happened to Nightwish.

I liked Anette too, more than Tarja. Obviously Tarja is an amazing singer, but she was a bit too much for me, too much cheese. Not just the vocals but the on-stage performance too, that was hard to watch.

Floor is the best thing that has happened to Nightwish.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:48 pm

I think the intensity of playing on a 70k cruise makes people think about their lives in a new way. I'm not surprised it has an effect on band dynamics. Also, if you were already planning to end playing with a band, I can't think of a better way to go out!
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Conrad wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

I liked Anette too, more than Tarja. Obviously Tarja is an amazing singer, but she was a bit too much for me, too much cheese. Not just the vocals but the on-stage performance too, that was hard to watch.

Floor is the best thing that has happened to Nightwish.

Although Tarja is as amazing singer, I liked more Anette in Nightwish too. Imaginaerum is my favourite CD of the band. Of course I love Tarja (I already have tickets for her show in September in Buenos Aires). I saw Nighwish with Floor here in december 2012 and in the songs of Imaginaerum I still prefer Anette.
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Khan quit Kamelot right before ProgPower USA in Sept. 2010.

Singer Steve Lee (Gotthard) died in a motorcycle accident in October, 2010.

Many festivals/tours have had issues with visas, members leaving, and bands canceling. Just part of the music business.

A curse. :lol:

the Kamelot gig with C.Maximus singer was great...

I also was at the Nightwish gig in Denver with Amaranthe & Agonist singers....was fun also... singers with lyrics on their hands was fantastic....
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:26 pm

bring Helker with you next year
    metal4ever
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Didnt something happen with Unleashed too, Johnny did not make it ? Frost from Satyricon denied visa, had to have the drummer for Soilwork step behind drum kit.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Oh yea, Hypocrisy. Don't need to go into detail there lol
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Conrad wrote:Floor is the best thing that has happened to Nightwish.

Exactly.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

They had already more or less called it quits I think, they just decided to do 70k when they got offered anyways.

70k was pretty much the first and last show Anacrusis played in a long time. The fact they were on was a miracle in itself. I feel very lucky to have seen them on 70k 2013.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:39 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Didnt something happen with Unleashed too, Johnny did not make it ? Frost from Satyricon denied visa, had to have the drummer for Soilwork step behind drum kit.

Frost has been denied visas several times before 70k 2014.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:12 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Didnt something happen with Unleashed too, Johnny did not make it ? Frost from Satyricon denied visa, had to have the drummer for Soilwork step behind drum kit.

Yeah I remember about 10 years ago they toured the US and had to have Joey Jordison from Slipknot fill in for Frost

2019 Wishlist:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:45 am

If I remember correctly Johnny had a newborn and you can't bring infants under the age of 6 months on the cruise.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:32 am

Conrad wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

Yeah I remember about 10 years ago they toured the US and had to have Joey Jordison from Slipknot fill in for Frost

I remember in 2004 when Satyricon was touring with Morbid Angel and Suffocation, that Frost couldn't make it in and no other than Trym filled in. Don't remember anybody from Slipknot ever filling in.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

I remember in 2004 when Satyricon was touring with Morbid Angel and Suffocation, that Frost couldn't make it in and no other than Trym filled in. Don't remember anybody from Slipknot ever filling in.

They toured the US twice in 2004, the end of that year with Joey Jordison on drums.

2019 Wishlist:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:11 pm

Kory Clarke performed on the cruise with the mighty TROUBLE and, for many in attendance, it was to be their first look at this apparent mismatch.

The band was great but Kory, indeed, did not fit so it was an odd experience.

Thankfully, they parted ways not long afterward and they recorded an amazing album with Kyle Thomas.

So although their gigs had a bit of the curse element to them, it was a blessing in the end :death:

Can't wait for their return to the world of 70K :shred:

nudge nudge Skipper ;)

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 am

Razor Ramon wrote:
    Conrad wrote:Floor is the best thing that has happened to Nightwish.

Exactly.

floor is the best thing that happened to this planet
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:22 pm

His name escapes me, but Crowbars bass player left in late 2012.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 am

Metaladdict187 wrote:His name escapes me, but Crowbars bass player left in late 2012.

Pat Bruders. He left to concentrate on Down.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:19 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote:His name escapes me, but Crowbars bass player left in late 2012.

Pat Bruders. He left to concentrate on Down.

Yeah that was at the same time Kirk left Down to focus on Crowbar right?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 87 posts