Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1
How many days before the cruise will you arrive?
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

How many days before the cruise will you arrive?

by surfslamdive » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:00 am

I'm trying to decide how many days before the cruise to arrive. How many days will you spend in Ft Lauderdale (or Miami) pre-cruise and what kinds of tourist-y things are you planning on doing? Right now I'm thinking 2 full days in Ft Lauderdale and have a room booked at the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort. This will be my third cruise but my first one where I'll be organized (and aware of pre-cruise things) enough to meet people pre-cruise.
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: How many days before the cruise will you arrive?

by Stained Class » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:40 am

I'm thinking of doing Saturday.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:03 am

we always arrive on friday - which was good if the cruise starts monday. now we have 6 instead of 3 nights pre-cruise - und miss this these 3 nights past-cruise. i will tell Andy next time to cruise from monday to friday, doesn't matter if this is one day longer..... :shred:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 am

I'm arriving Wednesday the 21 so 1 day before the cruise. I'll be at the Historic Hollywood too. I'm still unsure if I take the plane back the day we get off the ship, or if I stay 1 more day.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:18 am

Likely fly into Ft L on the Tuesday morning or afternoon
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:15 am

I'm wondering what camping options would be available before we set sail, since my friend is too cheap to book a hotel LOL
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:44 am

We will fly in the day before the cruise (Tuesday). Given the time zone difference, we probably won't arrive until late afternoon/early evening. No tourist plans, just go out and get dinner and take it easy that night. If we somehow can make it into town a bit earlier, maybe hit up the beach party.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:52 am

Arriving on Tuesday at a currently unknown time, which is plenty of time before the cruise. Pre/beach parties I'd assume would be on the Wednesday. They're usually the day before departure, right? So Tuesday is a good day to arrive. Not interested in touristy stuff in Fort Lauderdale so will probably leave the day we get back and spend some time with family in San Francisco before coming back to London.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:21 am

Arriving on Saturday (17th) and since we will have plenty of time and will also hire a car, we plan to visit such touristy things like the Everglades, Busch Gardens in Orlando and definitely Coral Castle
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:16 am

mooyagi wrote:We will fly in the day before the cruise (Tuesday). Given the time zone difference, we probably won't arrive until late afternoon/early evening. No tourist plans, just go out and get dinner and take it easy that night. If we somehow can make it into town a bit earlier, maybe hit up the beach party.

Oops. Cruise leaves on a Thursday doesn't it? Then we'd arrive on Wednesday, not Tuesday.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:26 am

mooyagi wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:We will fly in the day before the cruise (Tuesday). Given the time zone difference, we probably won't arrive until late afternoon/early evening. No tourist plans, just go out and get dinner and take it easy that night. If we somehow can make it into town a bit earlier, maybe hit up the beach party.

Oops. Cruise leaves on a Thursday doesn't it? Then we'd arrive on Wednesday, not Tuesday.

Hah, yeah I was gonna ask you which cruise you're going on. I had to double check the calendar to see if I got the correct dates, because I was sure the cruise was departing on the Thursday 22nd.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:07 am

Tuesday 20th.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:52 am

I plan on arriving the day before the cruise, as late as possible, to minimize school time lost. And I'll leave the day the cruise is over, as soon as possible, for the same reason. :?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:54 am

Planning to arrive the day before the cruise & depart later in the day on the Monday we return.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:16 am

I am not certain what to do yet. Typically we got to Florida on Saturday before the cruise (when it started on Monday) and then stayed in Florida until the Monday after getting off the ship...

This time we may have to come in the weekend before the cruise and leave the day or day after getting off the ship... decisions decisions

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:08 pm

We arrive Monday before the cruise and stay another 10 days after the cruise. Heading down to Key West.
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:43 pm

We arrive in Fort Lauderdale on the 19.1.15 & leave on 29.1.15 staying @ the Hollywood. :3drunks:
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 am

This will ultimately depend on who's actually coming with me, and since I'm near Atlanta we'd be driving down.
    It's looking like we'll have two days off work before departure and two days afterward, so at the very least we should be arriving in FLL the day before.
    I don't want to make the drive all in one day, though. Hoping to make an intermediate stop halfway down, and I know the exact spot and the exact hotel to stop in. This ain't my first time at the "drive down to S. Florida for a cruise" rodeo. :mrgreen:

Looking to hang out with other black-clad metalheads the night before -- and scaring the mundanes in the area. :bangers:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:55 pm

This year we arrived on the Wednesday before the cruise, drove to and spent a couple days in Key West which was an absolute BLAST. We' drove back to Miami on Saturday for the pre-partys (although we only made it to AA) We'll probably do something similar again in 2015. Join us in Key West for the Duval Crawl!

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am

X-Thor wrote:I plan on arriving the day before the cruise, as late as possible, to minimize school time lost. And I'll leave the day the cruise is over, as soon as possible, for the same reason. :?

I'll be in 2nd semester in 2nd year when leave for 2015 70k, so I'll probably be dealing with the same issue... I don't want miss too much time in college, but I also want to have a blast and leave my worldly cares behind for a week. Thankfully, it's happening over a weekend next year - stoked for that :smoking:. I'll absolutely need a day to recuperate after the cruise. After 70k 2014 I literally managed to check into my hotel at like 10:25am... I think they took my threat of just sleeping in the lobby quite seriously.

Um so to the point. I think getting there 48 hrs before the cruise and leaving between 24 and 40 hours afterwards is reasonable. You will want to just lay down and be very still for a day once it's over, trust me... My balance was waaaaay off and I needed some fast food, bath time and TV. Bed = best friend.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Krys wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:I plan on arriving the day before the cruise, as late as possible, to minimize school time lost. And I'll leave the day the cruise is over, as soon as possible, for the same reason. :?

I'll be in 2nd semester in 2nd year when leave for 2015 70k, so I'll probably be dealing with the same issue... I don't want miss too much time in college, but I also want to have a blast and leave my worldly cares behind for a week. Thankfully, it's happening over a weekend next year - stoked for that :smoking:. I'll absolutely need a day to recuperate after the cruise. After 70k 2014 I literally managed to check into my hotel at like 10:25am... I think they took my threat of just sleeping in the lobby quite seriously.

Um so to the point. I think getting there 48 hrs before the cruise and leaving between 24 and 40 hours afterwards is reasonable. You will want to just lay down and be very still for a day once it's over, trust me... My balance was waaaaay off and I needed some fast food, bath time and TV. Bed = best friend.

I totally think this year I'm going to fly home the day after we get back. The last two times I flew out that same day and dealing with the airport with a hangover and being generally exhausted is zero fun. Although, because the cruise leaves from Ft. Lauderdale(a larger airport than MIA), it might be easier to get flights and not wait so long at the airport.
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 pm

magicgrl111 wrote:I totally think this year I'm going to fly home the day after we get back. The last two times I flew out that same day and dealing with the airport with a hangover and being generally exhausted is zero fun. Although, because the cruise leaves from Ft. Lauderdale(a larger airport than MIA), it might be easier to get flights and not wait so long at the airport.

Flights from SFO to FLL are significantly cheaper and much, much easier to get. I've booked last minute all four years (like. . .literally a week before the cruise) and each time it's been so ridiculously cheap.
    Rusalka
    Oiler

by Rusalka » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:42 am

My friend and I are arriving on January 19th (Monday). Since he lives in Germany, I will go to him on January 15th and we'll fly to Miami together.
    Our plan is to stay in Fort Lauderdale for three more days after the cruise, so our expected return to Germany is on January 30th, and I'm finally going home on February 1st.

It's the best we can do with our off from work time.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:57 am

Buga B wrote:Arriving on Saturday (17th) and since we will have plenty of time and will also hire a car, we plan to visit such touristy things like the Everglades, Busch Gardens in Orlando and definitely Coral Castle

The everglades and coral castle are awesome! We did those on separate cruise vacations!

LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 am

I would have enjoyed Coral Castle much more if I hadn't still been drunk from the last night/morning on the ship (as we went to Coral Castle immediately from getting off the ship) At that point my drunk was slowly turning into hangover!

• Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:08 am

I will try not to make this mistake, especially in Busch Gardens
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon May 05, 2014 6:48 am

We arrive january 20th!

The plane is booked!

Just need a hotel now. Where you guys sleep?
    For The Horde!
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon May 05, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm going down St. Lauderdale on the 20th. Gonna be at the Historic, that's booked. But, no plane tickets bought yet. Not sure what I'll be up to that far out from now, and I'm hoping the tickets will go down in price a little. WTF can't a so-called "International" air port even have tickets from New York state to Florida that don't require a transfer? Ffffffuuuuuuu...

No plans for Florida for me, other than chilling around the hotel and pre-party boozing.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:16 pm

I'll be arriving there Sunday night at Hollywood beach somewhere. Can't remember where exactly I made the reservation for but I do know it's pretty much filled with cruisers. So yeah...about 4 nights and three days before. Can't wait to rage with you guys again and meet some of you for the first time. Twill be crazy!! :shred:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:27 am

A day before the boat sets sail. Still need to book a hotel though. I'm thinking of the Holiday Inn at the port itself... Dunno...
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
    humppa78
    Oiler

by humppa78 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:27 pm

We are 5 Happy Little Boozer's from Finland and arrive 01.13. to Las Vegas. Road Trip to Grand Canyon-->Death Valley-->Long Beach-->LA-->Highway 1 to SF and flight to FRT 01.20. :givebeer:
    Bolt Thrower- Illdisposed
Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1