Post Reply 46 posts
Who are you most excited for?
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

Re: Who are you most excited for?

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:23 am

Stained Class wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:I'm also really excited about a Jeff Waters guitar clinic (if there will be one) as he is one of my bigger influences as a guitarist.

FYI, at a Jeff Waters guitar clinic, you don't learn anything about playing guitar. You do, however, learn a LOT about how fucking funny he can be when not shredding and about how badly the music industry screwed Annihilator out of the exposure and success he feels they deserved :P

Very entertaining but not much focus on guitar technique unless you really make a point of emphatically stating a guitar related question that can be answered between lines of amateur Canadian comedy :lol:

Yeah, that was pretty silly. Also, I consider them about as Canadian as Manowar are American.

All I learned from the Jeff Waters guitar clinic in 2012 was how awesome I'll never be at the guitar. :lol:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Blind Guardian -- The last time they came to Houston...10+ years ago...they canceled the show when they got to the venue and realized how crappy it was and that the "promoter" did not promote the show. This will be my first time seeing them.
    Ensiferum -- They have never made it down the Houston that I know of...PaganFest misses us here in Texas.
    Equilibrium -- Discovered this band thanks to this cruise.
    Primal Fear -- I kick myself for never giving these guys a listen but now that I have I love the melodic/Priest sound!
    Apocalyptica -- Nothing screams metal like cellos!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Very unlikely...dates suck and tired of waiting!

Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 pm

mbob wrote:Blind Guardian -- The last time they came to Houston...10+ years ago...they canceled the show when they got to the venue and realized how crappy it was and that the "promoter" did not promote the show. This will be my first time seeing them.
    Ensiferum -- They have never made it down the Houston that I know of...PaganFest misses us here in Texas.
    Equilibrium -- Discovered this band thanks to this cruise.
    Primal Fear -- I kick myself for never giving these guys a listen but now that I have I love the melodic/Priest sound!
    Apocalyptica -- Nothing screams metal like cellos!

Definitely a fine list!! You should be pleased :) I've got to see Blind Guardian 5 times now (twice on the first 70k, and three times in Australia), Ensiferum 6 times (four times on 70k, twice in Oz), and Primal Fear and Apocalytica once each (haven't seen Equilibrium).

All are EXCELLENT live.

At the moment the bands on the lineup I'd be most interested in would be Therion (amazing in 2012 - would be keen to see what the 'new' lineup is like) and Arch Enemy (seen many times but not with Alyssa).

But nothing I would really deem myself "excited" for. Definitely need a band or 17 from my wishlist!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Did I already post that I'm most excited for Blind Guardian? Because I'm definitely most excited for Blind Guardian.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 pm

X-Thor wrote:Did I already post that I'm most excited for Blind Guardian? Because I'm definitely most excited for Blind Guardian.

hehehe you are also super excited to creep around the ship with me and stalk Hansi :)

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Did I already post that I'm most excited for Blind Guardian? Because I'm definitely most excited for Blind Guardian.

hehehe you are also super excited to creep around the ship with me and stalk Hansi :)

That is totally going to happen.

I might even try and improve my Quenya (I can only say a few phrases) for the M&G.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.