by ANTIKRISS » Fri May 09, 2014 7:22 am

Someone close to the band told me that.
    For The Horde!
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

Re: Blackguard will be on the cruise...

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri May 09, 2014 9:14 am

meh

but a good thing too, need bands I don't like so I have time to hang out, eat, etc.

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 am

Are they that bad ? I've seen them twice a few years ago, about when they released the album "Profugus Mortis", and they were very good. Maybe they have changed...
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:53 am

MikeB wrote: Maybe they have changed...

No, they are pretty good for a style I do not really listen to.
    I would like to see them back on the boat
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Fri May 09, 2014 11:26 am

That's awesome! They were really good when I saw them supporting FInntroll last year.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri May 09, 2014 3:47 pm

... OK.

Honestly, with 60 bands, I hope I only like half of the lineup. I won't be able to see so many bands. Better to have a diverse lineup that attracts fans from many different subgenres, no? ;)
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sat May 10, 2014 2:31 am

If I remember correctly, they were the most hated and most laughed at band on the first cruise.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Sat May 10, 2014 5:32 am

NuuX wrote:If I remember correctly, they were the most hated and most laughed at band on the first cruise.

If it's true, I can understand that. Lot of people laugh at them too here in Montreal.
    For The Horde!
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Sat May 10, 2014 8:42 am

Well if they are they don't even know it themselves! Haha! I'm friend with Paul and last time we talked about it he said they hadn't been approached yet for 2015. They had been for 2014 but the deal fell through because Andy disappeared...
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat May 10, 2014 6:30 pm

They'd be a band I would watch unless they were up against someone I REALLY wanted to see, like Therion, Equilibrium, etc.

Glenn H. was roundly scolded by longtime ProgPower USA attendees when he booked them for PP, but their performance -- better than many were expecting -- and their socializing after the show at the "party courtyard"really turned a lot of heads. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 12, 2014 7:19 am

The only reason people really hated them is cus they were tour whores for a while, but they haven't been as much lately. They're still amazingly good live, that's the reason they get booked for so many tours. They're cool people too. I might not watch their set unless there's nothing better to do (seen them 7 or 8 times) but I'd definitely say hey to them.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Mon May 12, 2014 7:54 am

Stained Class wrote:The only reason people really hated them is cus they were tour whores for a while

Exactly. And they were fed up too. I think they toured for like 11 months in a year.

But... I know for a fact that they're not on the cruise... yet.
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 12, 2014 8:05 am

AmelieM wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:The only reason people really hated them is cus they were tour whores for a while

Exactly. And they were fed up too. I think they toured for like 11 months in a year.

But... I know for a fact that they're not on the cruise... yet.

They were offered last year but turned it down.

So, they were fed up too? So they had like no choice in the matter?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 am

They didn't exactly turn it down. They were in discussion about it but then Andy dissapeared and they never heard from him again. Same thing happened with ReVamp.

No no, I think they wanted to tour... but it just became too much. Terry told me they were exhausted and weren't having fun anymore at some point.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 12, 2014 8:32 am

Oh really? When I talked to them in Calgary it sounded like they were offered but they weren't sure if they wanted to do it or not, so when they didn't play I assumed that they turned it down.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Mon May 12, 2014 8:56 am

Maybe it's because they didn't know if Andy was still alive! :P
    But I know they were hesitating too because it would have cost them money to do it. I think some bands aren't paid that much to be on the cruise...
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Well, if you knew they will be on the boat, you won't say it on the forum. And if you would, the guys from the band probly won't tell you.

I'm pretty sure im right about them going on, unfortunaly :(
    For The Horde!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 12, 2014 12:36 pm

AmelieM wrote:Maybe it's because they didn't know if Andy was still alive! :P
    But I know they were hesitating too because it would have cost them money to do it. I think some bands aren't paid that much to be on the cruise...

Most bands aren't paid at all to be there from what I understand. Maybe the headliners get paid and if you're booked early enough your travel expenses might be covered but that's it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Mon May 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Chris Bowes said Alestorm was offered a good chunk of money to play this year, but the other band members turned the offer down because it was too tight (they were asked a few days before the cruise).
    Would Alestorm be considered a headliner? Or was Andy such in deep shit that he had to show the money? :P

ANTIKRISS, if I knew Blackguard were playing in 2015, I would not have commented! Haha!
    And if they were, I'm 99% sure I would know. All I'm saying is that right now, the band members have no clue if they are.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Mon May 12, 2014 1:17 pm

I saw them when I lived in Winnipeg. Great band live back then honestly. I still have the shirt I bought from that show like 6 years ago.

I might not catch any of their sets as mentioned by someone else as there are FAR too many bands on this boat and if the line up is solid I might just pick my top 20 to 30 bands and watch those.
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon May 12, 2014 1:22 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:meh

but a good thing too, need bands I don't like so I have time to hang out, eat, etc.

this
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon May 12, 2014 11:12 pm

I swear I thought they were already announced (admittedly, I haven't been paying much attention this year). I'm pretty sure one of their band members posted on my Facebook statuses like a month ago that they were confirmed.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue May 13, 2014 12:46 am

Stained Class wrote:

Most bands aren't paid at all to be there from what I understand. Maybe the headliners get paid and if you're booked early enough your travel expenses might be covered but that's it.

Vicious Rumors didn't headline any of the two years they were on and they still get paid what they asked for.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 am

i would be ok with that :-)
    had a good time during their show
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 am

AmelieM wrote:Chris Bowes said Alestorm was offered a good chunk of money to play this year, but the other band members turned the offer down because it was too tight (they were asked a few days before the cruise).
    Would Alestorm be considered a headliner? Or was Andy such in deep shit that he had to show the money? :P

Alestorm and Swashbuckle on the same boat would be really interesting. And it helps that Chris' other band, Gloryhammer was on there.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed May 14, 2014 7:15 am

NuuX wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Vicious Rumors didn't headline any of the two years they were on and they still get paid what they asked for.

I doubt Vcious rumors would have asked for much to be honest.One of the better bands but less known.Their fee would have been a lot lower than other bands.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu May 15, 2014 12:45 am

Metalwrath wrote:I doubt Vcious rumors would have asked for much to be honest.One of the better bands but less known.Their fee would have been a lot lower than other bands.

That's true. As I understand it, they got ~€1k or something in that range.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu May 15, 2014 5:58 pm

AmelieM wrote:They didn't exactly turn it down. They were in discussion about it but then Andy dissapeared and they never heard from him again. Same thing happened with ReVamp.

No no, I think they wanted to tour... but it just became too much. Terry told me they were exhausted and weren't having fun anymore at some point.

Saw Revamp this week...they kicked ass, I'd love them on broad.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 pm

alex_canada wrote:
    AmelieM wrote:They didn't exactly turn it down. They were in discussion about it but then Andy dissapeared and they never heard from him again. Same thing happened with ReVamp.

sadly no
    not because andy doesn't want them though..... but floor get's very sea sick :-(
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Fri May 16, 2014 12:02 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:

sadly no
    not because andy doesn't want them though..... but floor get's very sea sick :-(

That means no Nightwish? :(
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Fri May 16, 2014 7:07 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:

sadly no

They should kick out Floor and get Anette back
    For The Horde!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri May 16, 2014 4:02 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    sadly no

They should kick out Floor and get Anette back

... You're joking, right? :?
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

I'd rather that they have Floor and never do another concert than performing in the city park every weekend with Annette

Really though, I think everyone gets different messages depending on what mood the band is in. I asked Floor about it this week and she asked me to repeat the cruise name (not overly familiar with it I guess) and then "ah yes, we have had many people suggest we do this festival". Nothing about sea sickness.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Wouldn't care either way about Nightwish.

As much as I love them, I was just getting over Tarja getting booted and getting used to Anette, then they do the same thing to her.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing to Floor.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat May 17, 2014 11:43 pm

If it IS a seasickness issue, then one possible solution would be to fly the band to Ocho Rios, have them perform on the ship while it's in port -- schedule it for the very end of the port-visit -- and then fly 'em out again. :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Sun May 18, 2014 8:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:Wouldn't care either way about Nightwish.

As much as I love them, I was just getting over Tarja getting booted and getting used to Anette, then they do the same thing to her.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing to Floor.

Nooooooo! They won't do that to Floor! She's a keeper!
    She's the best fit for them, 99% of ppl love her and she's no diva.
    She's the reason I started to like the band again. So stop it with this nonsense! :P
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun May 18, 2014 11:50 am

I'd be happy to catch a Blackguard set, see the newer material live since it's been years since I last saw them. I only saw them like 3 or 4 times and enjoyed it.

Hating a band because they play a lot blows my mind... back when I lived in Boston in the late 90s I'd see some bands 3 or 4 times a month and always enjoy it... hell, there are bands I could watch weekly and never get sick of
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon May 19, 2014 12:37 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Hating a band because they play a lot blows my mind... back when I lived in Boston in the late 90s I'd see some bands 3 or 4 times a month and always enjoy it... hell, there are bands I could watch weekly and never get sick of

If you enjoy the band, yeah, it makes zero sense

But if you hate their music like I and others do and find their name on every damn tour that comes to town, depriving you of other bands you may prefer or wish to experience, it can be easy to get sick of hearing their name
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon May 19, 2014 5:22 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Hating a band because they play a lot blows my mind... back when I lived in Boston in the late 90s I'd see some bands 3 or 4 times a month and always enjoy it... hell, there are bands I could watch weekly and never get sick of

If you enjoy the band, yeah, it makes zero sense

But if you hate their music like I and others do and find their name on every damn tour that comes to town, depriving you of other bands you may prefer or wish to experience, it can be easy to get sick of hearing their name

I'm responding to the people that say they like them but hate them cause they saw them a lot.
    And hell, I have to deal with bands I hate on every tour... I'm just glad to have the bands I like...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue May 20, 2014 4:20 am

indeed, there's enough concert room.
    there's bound to be a band playing that you like
    and otherwise...... there's enough to abroad to kill some time