Post Reply 44 posts
Flags on the cruise?
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

Flags on the cruise?

by ANTIKRISS » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:02 pm

I just watched a show live in Wacken, and saw tons of flags of countries. Do people bring their flags on the cruise?
    For The Horde!
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Flags on the cruise?

by DragonLordJones » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:25 pm

yes they have ... I've seen several flags from a few countries every year of the cruise. more so on the last couple :beerhorns: :cheers: :givebeer:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:I just watched a show live in Wacken, and saw tons of flags of countries. Do people bring their flags on the cruise?

I usually carry a Mexican flag with me. Colombians do it too, from what I've seen.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:21 pm

We Canadians claim our hot tubs with them!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:48 am

klons wrote:We Canadians claim our hot tubs with them!

Okay, I see now how this works...

Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:15 pm

I've never seen a USA flag, though. No idea why.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:28 pm

X-Thor wrote:I've never seen a USA flag, though. No idea why.

A bit strange since the 'Murricans like to put their flag on everything except their toilet paper.
    It seems that most of the flags onbroad are America minus USA.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:33 pm

I will bring my Texas flag!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Speedy wrote:

A bit strange since the 'Murricans like to put their flag on everything except their toilet paper.

We latins like to show our flags.

--
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Agreed. I've never seen a United States flag at any festival.

And I would feel weird as hell with one anyway. It's the same thing when I always see: "Cheers from Norway!" on comments on YouTube videos. No one ever says: "Greetings from the USA!". I think it's an American thing to feel guilty about being American. Meh.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:27 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

I'll bring a catalan flag :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:17 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'll bring a catalan flag :D

Bring the Estelada flag man! Ill bring my Patriotes flag. Image
    For The Horde!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:35 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:

Bring the Estelada flag man! Ill bring my Patriotes flag. Image

So proud and happy to see that the catalan situation is worldwide known. Cheers! :bangers:
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:19 am

I would never bring an american flag. The U.S. is pretty much hated by everyone and all the U.S. metalheads know it so why make matters worse? Of course I can't speak for all the Americans. Just my two cents.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:56 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I would never bring an american flag. The U.S. is pretty much hated by everyone and all the U.S. metalheads know it so why make matters worse? Of course I can't speak for all the Americans. Just my two cents.

I feel like we're kinda everywhere and in everyone's faces as it is, so it seems a bit much to bring a flag along. I figure people from less represented nations bring their flags to show they're in attendance, but you can pretty much just assume there will be Americans.

Now maybe state flags... nah, even Americans don't know every state flag. I sure don't.

X-Thor wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

Hahaha, I've seen this. Not at metal festivals, but just going anywhere that you see lots of Latinos, you will a lot of Latin countries' flags.

Good to see a Catalan here! I've already had the chance to party with some Catalans this summer. So much fun.

Heh, and being in Barcelona right now, I can just look outside my window and count at least 10 Catalan flags right away, not even trying.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:09 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I would never bring an american flag. The U.S. is pretty much hated by everyone and all the U.S. metalheads know it so why make matters worse? Of course I can't speak for all the Americans. Just my two cents.

Never experienced US hate in my travels. People were extremely friendly when they found out I was from the US. Hell, at Wacken they loved that I traveled out to Germany for the festival. Got me a bunch of free beers. :D
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:20 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Never experienced US hate in my travels. People were extremely friendly when they found out I was from the US. Hell, at Wacken they loved that I traveled out to Germany for the festival. Got me a bunch of free beers. :D
    I think USA Metal people are not used to seeing Flags at music events,but at a country music show in the USA it is all about flag waving and patriotic stuff.Since most metalheads in the US hate or dislike country music very much ,we see the flags as something that reminds us of that, so no flags.Wearing a sports jersey from your home town or favorite team is our version of waving the flag.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm

I think we had a stolen Soviet union flag taped to our cabin ceiling on one of the cruises.
    I don't have any irish flags.I had one that was signed by a bunch of bands but gave it to a German friend as a gift.
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:49 pm

bodomdragon wrote:So proud and happy to see that the catalan situation is worldwide known. Cheers! :bangers:

Continue the fight man!

Same shit here.
    For The Horde!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:23 am

SaraMarie wrote:Heh, and being in Barcelona right now, I can just look outside my window and count at least 10 Catalan flags right away, not even trying.

Enjoy our lovely city!!! :) Oh and in case you're not aware, this weekend there is quite an important metal festival (at least "important" in terms of what a spanish festival usually looks like) less than 5 hours by car away from Barcelona: http://www.leyendasdelrockfestival.com/
    Wishlist:

• X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:Heh, and being in Barcelona right now, I can just look outside my window and count at least 10 Catalan flags right away, not even trying.

Enjoy our lovely city!!! :) Oh and in case you're not aware, this weekend there is quite an important metal festival (at least "important" in terms of what a spanish festival usually looks like) less than 5 hours by car away from Barcelona: http://www.leyendasdelrockfestival.com/

Dude, Leyendas del Rock is HUGE. And <3 <3 Saurom <3 <3 play there almost every year! I totally want to go there at least one year.

--
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Agreed. I've never seen a United States flag at any festival.

And I would feel weird as hell with one anyway. It's the same thing when I always see: "Cheers from Norway!" on comments on YouTube videos. No one ever says: "Greetings from the USA!". I think it's an American thing to feel guilty about being American. Meh.

Since I'm about to become a 'Murrican, I might consider bringing a USA flag to the cruise and start chants of "USA! USA! USA!" at the slightest provocation.

--
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:50 am

My countries flag has a dragon on it! Cymru am byth!
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:53 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Sadly I can't go, I was gonna go to ResuFest too but didn't due to too many coworkers also taking that weekend before me. I'm supposed to be here for work, but I did take off the one lousy week of vacation I had given to me this year... to go to Summer Breeze! And I did BCN Rock Fest and Be Prog! My Friend, both excellent. You must have gone to BCN Rock Fest, right?

X-Thor wrote:

Since I'm about to become a 'Murrican, I might consider bringing a USA flag to the cruise and start chants of "USA! USA! USA!" at the slightest provocation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please do this in front of the American tourists in Florida. In an exaggerated Mexican accent. Would confuse the fuck outta them. :lol:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:11 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

Sadly I can't go, I was gonna go to ResuFest too but didn't due to too many coworkers also taking that weekend before me. I'm supposed to be here for work, but I did take off the one lousy week of vacation I had given to me this year... to go to Summer Breeze! And I did BCN Rock Fest and Be Prog! My Friend, both excellent. You must have gone to BCN Rock Fest, right?

X-Thor wrote:

Please do this in front of the American tourists in Florida. In an exaggerated Mexican accent. Would confuse the fuck outta them. :lol:

Make sure to have a few Canadians with you so we can apologize for confusing them :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:23 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

X-Thor wrote:

THEY TOOK OUR JOBSSSSSSSSS
    For The Horde!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:43 pm

SaraMarie wrote:Sadly I can't go, I was gonna go to ResuFest too but didn't due to too many coworkers also taking that weekend before me. I'm supposed to be here for work, but I did take off the one lousy week of vacation I had given to me this year... to go to Summer Breeze! And I did BCN Rock Fest and Be Prog! My Friend, both excellent. You must have gone to BCN Rock Fest, right?

Unfortunately I couldn't go to BCN Rock Fest, I was out of town for the weekend. Such a pity, as I really, really liked the lineup (Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Epica, Sabaton, Lacuna Coil, Kreator... quite awesome). Good thing I'm also travelling in 5 days to Summer Breeze! Are you going by plane? Who knows, maybe we'll get there in the same flight :D
    Wishlist:

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:00 am

On the last cruise, there was a girl with a Colorado state flag.
    I've never seen a USA flag on any of the cruises.
    I never saw a German flag either.
    A couple of Aussie flags.

Personally, I like to see other flags. But I think the best thing ever, would be to have all
    the different flags hanging together, side by side, blowing in the sea breeze on the pool deck
    or something.

That would be crazy.
    State flags, country flags. Yes please!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:05 am

On a final note, there are some weird flags out there.

Isle of Man and Sicily have that 3 legged one.

Is there a 70k flag?

I've never taken a flag to a festival. Doubt I ever will.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:10 am

there's always a flag from luxembourg on the ship....

http://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Civi ... mbourg.svg
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:05 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:Sadly I can't go, I was gonna go to ResuFest too but didn't due to too many coworkers also taking that weekend before me. I'm supposed to be here for work, but I did take off the one lousy week of vacation I had given to me this year... to go to Summer Breeze! And I did BCN Rock Fest and Be Prog! My Friend, both excellent. You must have gone to BCN Rock Fest, right?

Unfortunately I couldn't go to BCN Rock Fest, I was out of town for the weekend. Such a pity, as I really, really liked the lineup (Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Epica, Sabaton, Lacuna Coil, Kreator... quite awesome). Good thing I'm also travelling in 5 days to Summer Breeze! Are you going by plane? Who knows, maybe we'll get there in the same flight :D

I take the train, very scenic.

Cardest wrote:On a final note, there are some weird flags out there.

Isle of Man and Sicily have that 3 legged one.

Is there a 70k flag?

I've never taken a flag to a festival. Doubt I ever will.

My roommate's father was born on the Isle of Mann. We have some stuff with the flag lying about... including a shot glass. :beerwink:

As for New York...

• ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbUCxopa0LQ

There is a USA flag in the crowd of this Amon Amarth concert in Wacken 2014.
    For The Horde!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:07 am

Sound seemd quite decent for that concert.A few questionable guitar parts but overall quite solid despise the crap setlist.
    I really hope they change their setlists in Future concerts.It's quite sad they only play vicorious march and Pursuit of vikings from the older Material.Yes Fate of norns is considered old material now.............)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:17 pm

From the First Cruise:

Of course, an American has to pretend he's Canadian..... :roll:

I'm on the left. Wearing a McLaren Formula1 golf shirt.....nerd..........
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:52 am

I remember this flag, I signed it on the first cruise! During the forumite's breakfast - when 50 people said they'll attend and then there were only like five of us or something :)
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 am

Cardest wrote:Personally, I like to see other flags. But I think the best thing ever, would be to have all
    the different flags hanging together, side by side, blowing in the sea breeze on the pool deck
    or something.

We could set a time for it, so people can bring their flags up to the pool deck and display them.... It'd make for a great 70K photo op, and really underscore how diverse the attendance is. Probably best to stage it on embark day, before the shows start running but after muster drill, if time allows.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:17 am

We'll make sure the Puerto Rico flag once again makes it on-board...

"So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 am

Summer Breeze had an American flag there. He walked by me, and I heard somebody say " America go home." But other than that, the Germans I met were mostly curious and also wondering why I came from so far.

I don't think it would be terrible to bring a US flag. We are represented by a lot of good bands. Just put it up when a US band comes on.
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:35 am

Speedy wrote:

It's not that we like putting our flag on everything, that's usually done during big events like country concerts (as someone mentioned), etc. And as some others here have mentioned, it feels kind of awkward waving the US flag everywhere because to many of us, doing so kind of resembles a stereotypical overly patriotic 'Murrican who thinks "'Murrica! Fuck yeah! WE'RE NUMBER 1!"

In the States, we tend to be a little more patriotic about our actual state. And as some people have aslo mentioned in this thread, you're probably more likely to see USA state flags rather than simple USA flags.

I personally wouldn't show off my state flag, however. It already seems like most of the country hates us :oops:

Hint: the Garbage State (yes, that's a pun)
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 am

Yeah, to reiterate what others have said, the type of Americans that display the American flag on everything tend to be the types of Americans that you don't want to associate with (not that you would, most of that type typically do not leave the country. Or even the state. I've known people that bragged about never being any farther than 20 miles from the hospital they were born in if you can believe that).

I've only been to Sweden and Canada, so I wouldn't know if there's hate for Americans in general who aren't acting like assholes at the time. I did have a Pakistani guy introduce me in a Swedish bar by saying "I have everything about America except Hollywood". I told him "Yeah, those Harry Potter movies were awesome". (I had enough shots of Jameson at that point to no longer remember how many I had, so I was pretty drunk). The dude looked at me funny, then laughed.

Also in the same bar this guy kept grabbing me and speaking to me in a slurred babble that I couldn't understand. I assumed he was speaking Swedish, so I started stumbling over my limited Swedish telling him I didn't understand him. Turns out the dude was Irish and speaking English, he was just shitfaced. About 15 minutes later, the Ordningsvakter yoked him up by his collar and tossed him out. It was pretty funny.
Post Reply 44 posts