2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: CHIMAIRA IS BROKEN UP AND DONE>> WTF

by Azazel101 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:23 am

Was just going to post that.
    I do not think many will be disappointed

But a little nu-metal adds varity to the cruise.
    I think Soulfly would be a suitable replacement :dreams:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:52 am

They aren't gonna play the boat. They JUST broke up, give UMC at least an hour to announce that they're off the lineup haha.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:12 am

jtw7266 wrote:We need some announcements and big acts.. not silly fillers

Lets go Amon Amarth / Dying Fetus / Norther / Pellek

Sadly, Norther is no more since 2012
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norther

But I do strongly agree with having Amon Amarth on the boat.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:15 am

well since they were a repeat band anyway let's replace them with a repeat band Heidevolk or Sepultura will do :cheers: :beerhorns:

I also support adding Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy as replacement bands
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:29 am

DragonLordJones wrote:well since they were a repeat band anyway let's replace them with a repeat band Heidevolk or Sepultura will do :cheers: :beerhorns:

Chimaira were not a repeat band.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • jtw7266
    Oiler

by jtw7266 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:15 am

How about.. A NORTHER reunion

Children of Bodom
    Warmen
    Deicide
    Soilwork
    Cradle of Filth
    Dimmu Borgir
    2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:19 am

Sgt. B wrote:Chimaira were not a repeat band.

:oops: My bad ... I thought they were. no loss. :cheers: :beerhorns:

I'll still take any of the bands I posted :lol: :lol:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Not like 70K would have been the most receptive audience for them anyway.

Since we're dividing up the spoils before the corpse is cold, bands in a similar economic class (ie. will not play for free) as Chimaira that I'd like to have on broad are:

- Gamma Ray
    - Amon Amarth
    - Volbeat
    - Turisas
    - Tanzwut/Corvus Corax
    - Something to make the black metal crowd really happy (or would that cause a singularity and wipe out the planet?)
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:13 pm

And on that day, nothing of value was lost...

Well, the hope is on that a solid replacement is announced, but we haven't even had our weekly announcement yet. I figured at this point they'd just be spaced out like that for awhile. *shrugs*
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:37 pm

[quote="SaraMarie"] We haven't even had our weekly announcement yet.

WOW You ARE new!!! :D

Seriously--welcome Sara --

:beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:50 am

DragonLordJones wrote:well since they were a repeat band anyway let's replace them with a repeat band Heidevolk or Sepultura will do :cheers: :beerhorns:

Or a brand new one - like ACCEPT!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:27 am

NuuX wrote:

Or a brand new one - like ACCEPT!

This
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:47 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote: We haven't even had our weekly announcement yet.

WOW You ARE new!!! :D

Seriously--welcome Sara --

:beerbang:

Heh, I've been around since April, I think. First time on the ship this winter, but yeah, I'm aware of how announcements go. Still, looked like for awhile that UMC was at least gonna throw us a bone with weeklies, since they've done that for the past few months. Oh well. *shrug*

Maybe the Chimaira break-up counts as an anti-announcement? :lol:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 am

I'm certainly not shedding any tears over Chimaira's demise.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:41 am

SaraMarie wrote:Maybe the Chimaira break-up counts as an anti-announcement? :lol:

See? She's gettin' it ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:17 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:Maybe the Chimaira break-up counts as an anti-announcement? :lol:

See? She's gettin' it ;)

Skipper'll use it towards his announcement quota :P
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:27 am

klons wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

See? She's gettin' it ;)

That's if he ever officially removes them from the cruise roster :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    klons wrote:

That's if he ever officially removes them from the cruise roster :lol:

He will get that done on January 21st.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:51 am

Chimaira gone.
    Imagine there was actually a news update on this here on the page!
    Never!

Didn't the same thing with Kamelot last year?
    No word at all for ages.

I'm not even a fan of them at all, but it must suck for those waiting for some news.\

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Cardest wrote:Chimaira gone.
    Imagine there was actually a news update on this here on the page!
    Never!

Didn't the same thing with Kamelot last year?
    No word at all for ages.

I'm not even a fan of them at all, but it must suck for those waiting for some news.\

:boobs:

Yup we've had a couple like that on 70k.

2012 - Pentagram withdrawing was known early december, wasn't officially announced by UMC until a month later
    2014 - Kamelot un-announce themselves early October, officially announced by UMC a month later

So we'll probably "find out" in October sometime that Chimaira are no longer on broad :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm

So Chimaira is dead? Cool, let em rot. Any band in the world is a suitable replacement for that bile.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:58 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:So Chimaira is dead? Cool, let em rot. Any band in the world is a suitable replacement for that bile.

Even Babymetal? ;)
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:03 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:So Chimaira is dead? Cool, let em rot. Any band in the world (other than babymetal) is a suitable replacement for that bile.

Fixed that for you. :P

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:So Chimaira is dead? Cool, let em rot. Any band in the world (other than babymetal) is a suitable replacement for that bile.

Sounds like dinner time!
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:14 am

Sgt. B wrote:

Oh, thank fuck for that, man. :D
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
Post Reply 27 posts Page 1 of 1