Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
23 days, 23 bands.
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

23 days, 23 bands.

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Here we are, to the point where there numbers of days before the cruise AND the number of bands to announce is the same.

Common Andy.
    For The Horde!
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

Re: 23 days, 23 bands.

by Gandalf » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Yup. And soon, the number of bands to be announced will be higher then the number of days left! :bitch: :bitch:
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:05 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:Here we are, to the point where there numbers of days before the cruise AND the number of bands to announce is the same.

Common Andy.

And each year we've had at least 41 bands (42 bands first 2 years, 41 bands the last 2)

I imagine that they would try to have a contingency whereby they have at least 1 if not 2 extra bands booked to cover any last minute withdrawals (and obviously with 60 bands instead of 40, 50% more bands means more chance of a band or two having to do that!)

So I would say we are most likely looking at 25 bands in 23 days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:10 pm

I hope we get more than 60 bands!

You comming Cowboy?
    For The Horde!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:14 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:I hope we get more than 60 bands!

You comming Cowboy?

HELLS YEAH! Might be my last 70K for a while, but wanted to check out the new boat :P

Fly out in 2 1/2 weeks - was hoping with Andy's whole 'not gonna drag it out like last year' comment that I'd know the whole lineup before leaving Australia. But I don't think there is ANY chance of that happening now :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Awesome!

Gonna bring some vegemite with you? hahah :P
    For The Horde!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:18 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:Awesome!

Gonna bring some vegemite with you? hahah :P

Absolutely! :D And Tim Tams :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Andy, you're doing it SO wrong.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:53 pm

So It`s come to this, since April I`ve been wishing and waiting and waiting and now Antikriss is right, same days left as bands to go!
    This is my first cruise since the first 2 voyages. Super excited as usual for this and the chance to escape frozen Canada for a week and meeting awesome people again but it`s looking bleak that higher profile wishlist bands are happening? Or people are crazy good at keeping secrets :twisted:
    I have hopes for traditional death metal bands like Bolt Thrower who I have never seen (and need to), or Hypocrisy and more bands from Poland as well as quality thrash metal, which so far are mildly represented ( #Annihilator_rules) I know it will all come together. Some major listening cramming will be in order and still likely gonna miss some sets that I wish I didnt .
    Anyways my beer needs a refill :belly: I will predict however it seems like Panzer could easily make it on and Conquering Dystopia which both are excellent adds for me.
    With the ever growing list of bands officially out, within my realm of bands I like to this point, I kind of grasping at straws to figure out who else is sailing this year? I did read the short list of probable but that's still almost 20 more to go.
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:59 am

I'm trying to remain positive.

But when you make a mistake and you promise to never do it again. It becomes harder for you to take it.

And 23 bands to announce in 23 days... this is enough to make one worried.

I'm still excited. I'm still confident.

But time is running out.
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:23 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:Common Andy.

Indeed, very typical of him to withhold information.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 am

1. I'm truly disappointed that we didn't get any 'presents' for Christmas, as that would have been the perfect time to drop 5-10 bands on us. There would be excited discussions happening on this forum rather than bitching about announcements. I was almost thinking that we *may* get King Diamond because of the 'no presents for Christmas'... but no...

2. To say that this has decreased my excitement level would be untrue. This is only my 2nd cruise, I am happy about many bands that have been announced, but leaving the last 23-25 for the last 20 days (or so) means that there will be bands I am unfamiliar with - I can speed listen to the highlights and must-hears of a band, but it's not the same as having the chance to really look into the material with time to spare. I like to know a little about the bands onbroad.

3. I'm not sure I have the money to do this again next year, so I'll be making the most of this trip no matter what the line up is.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1