Post Reply 154 posts
Stuff You DON'T Want to See on the Cruise?
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

Re: Stuff You DON'T Want to See on the Cruise?

by EpidemicReign » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 pm

I was hanging out around the Sky Bar one night when this totally drunk Mexican dude came up to me and told me that some Germans at the bar were giving him shit for not being white or something. Then he tried to persuade me into confronting the Germans with him (because I'm white, blonde hair/blue eyes and the whole nine yards).

I don't want to see people being racist toward one another, and I don't want to see people trying to drag me into their drunk drama. I'm all for people getting a little hammered on the boat, but contain your damn self.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    ewest305
    Oiler

by ewest305 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 am

Now that this one is over (2015), I have a couple more.

1) Hey, get off the steps when we have to get off the ship! Some idiot and his girlfriend were sitting on the steps. I had to warn them people were coming down the steps. God for freaking bid. I said "excuse us" and the idiot yelled "EXCUSE YOU!". If you think stairs are chairs, don't go on the next cruise please.

2) Rock star attitudes. The good thing is this cruise did not have that many of them. But as evidence by the incident in point 1, there were a few. Besides the douchebag who thought the stairs were his throne, there were the folks who smoked where smoking was not allowed (balcony section, platinum theater for example).

:bmhorns:
    2017: Cabin #8660
    2015: Cabin #6314
    2014: Cabin #2534
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:20 am

I think what I don't want to see next year is me being as stand-offish as I was this previous cruise. Making good progress but still getting over some mental things that make me weirdly shy in a lot of ways. I don't give a fuck about wearing a My Little Pony shirt on the cruise, but I'm too embarassed to tell the guys of Korpiklaani how much I appreciate their music even though I ran into the entire band multiple times on different occasions on the cruise. And I don't have a problem with dancing with cute girls but I am stupidly terrified of actually talking to them (I know most were probably taken, but I don't think I saw less than a 7.5 anywhere on the boat)... And there were so many people on the last day in awesome costumes that I had wished I would have gotten pics of but was too oddly shy to even ask (I assume it's rude to take a pic without asking, but I imagine if someone is wearing a costume they probably would give me permission to take one if asked)

Yeah, it's weird and I don't want to see me do that shit next year...
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:45 am

Self absorbed boat scenesters.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:04 am

ewest305 wrote:Now that this one is over (2015), I have a couple more.

1) Hey, get off the steps when we have to get off the ship! Some idiot and his girlfriend were sitting on the steps. I had to warn them people were coming down the steps. God for freaking bid.

Just sitting on the steps in general. Everyone is coming out of the Platinum Theatre, so having you and your buddies blocking half the stair way while you decide what to do next is not cool. I told a few this and they looked at me like I told them to murder their first born. Common sense clearly isn't that common
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:53 am

When a festival increases in size the assholes will start appearing.Thats like anything unfortunatly.I don't see the need for 3000 people.I think bring it back to less complicated ship to work with.Only have to worry about 40 bands and ore chance the only ones getting on the cruise gonna be the ones that really wanna be there.
    As for the rock star attitudes thats just fucking hillarious.
    At the end of the day these guys are metalheads just like the rest of us.Some of them are in well known bands.Some in not so known bands.I always end up drinking with members of bands i don't like or hate ironically.
    But when i hang with bands i just treat them like everyday metalheads and not act like i've been hanging around with hollywood celebs.
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:57 am

Zero tolerance for theft.

Please no more theft onbroad our ship, guys. If you see someone sketchily looking through people shit anywhere, say something. Call them out. Ask what they are looking for? I doubt it was anyone of the 'core' returning veterans, but it definitely did occur and it was very upsetting because I tend to be quite giving. If someone had said they were screwed for cash or needed someone to take photos for them and swap fb details I would have gladly helped out any way I could (ie. I could have bought a small extra memory card and used it for them in my cam and then allowed them to take it home with them at the end or something?)

I was shocked at the rise in more serious events happening on the Liberty.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:11 pm

CountArioch wrote:I think what I don't want to see next year is me being as stand-offish as I was this previous cruise. Making good progress but still getting over some mental things that make me weirdly shy in a lot of ways. I don't give a fuck about wearing a My Little Pony shirt on the cruise, but I'm too embarassed to tell the guys of Korpiklaani how much I appreciate their music even though I ran into the entire band multiple times on different occasions on the cruise. And I don't have a problem with dancing with cute girls but I am stupidly terrified of actually talking to them (I know most were probably taken, but I don't think I saw less than a 7.5 anywhere on the boat)... And there were so many people on the last day in awesome costumes that I had wished I would have gotten pics of but was too oddly shy to even ask (I assume it's rude to take a pic without asking, but I imagine if someone is wearing a costume they probably would give me permission to take one if asked)

Yeah, it's weird and I don't want to see me do that shit next year...

This, same. I talked to only people I already knew, kind of met before & people sitting around in the smoking lounge (which is the only place I smoked besides pool deck because -common sense).

I did not make as many cruise friends or take as many cruise pictures as I have on my previous two cruises. :cry:

Also, do not forget costume again & bring more beer and moonshine to share at preparty.

I do not have complaints about new cruisers too much really I am an asshole so I can take alot. I think I only ran into like 5 people whom annoyed me for being rude.

My #1 do not want to see again is rude RC staff which I encountered alot. I work in hospitality & the company I work for has a partnership with Royal Caribbean, if anyone high up from my company had seen the service I myself saw & experienced that partnership would be over immediately.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:07 pm

things i don't want to see include RC ripoffs - dammit, don't take advantage of us, we spend LOADS and HEAPS more than "normal" cruisers. treat us even half as well as you did on the majesty and we'll all be grateful! i also hate to think any of our metal brothers and sisters steal from one another but unfortunately they do. wish we could cut this out.

i also personally think nakedness is fun and i'm no prude, but i really don't want to see it because it offends many people and also i'd hate to see anyone get arrested / detained / thrown in the brig for something that stupid! so yeah let's wear costumes but not our birthday suits haha.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Luckily the only rude staff I saw was one lady when I was getting onto the boat. She was snapping at us for not knowing where to go and not showing her the right side of our cards. Like I would flipping know.

As for myself, I'd say next time when I recognize somebody from the forum or FB who I've talked to before, I should get over my shyness and say hello. I'm always a pussy about misidentifying people. Only dude from the forum I ended up talking to was Jamie, because he introduced himself first.

Overall, I saw some minor rudeness here and there but nothing that doesn't happen whenever you get a big group of strangers together.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:54 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    biertroll wrote:This, same. I talked to only people I already knew, kind of met before & people sitting around in the smoking lounge (which is the only place I smoked besides pool deck because -common sense).

Hey I met you a few times and had a great chat too :beerwink:

More like motor boated but I think I understand that is how you say hi :lol: :beerwink:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Jodycannibal
    Wiper

by Jodycannibal » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:10 pm

I'd like to see less people walking in front of/moving in front of people who are standing and head banging away from the pit.
    That's my only bugaboo! :cheers:
    Cabin #2324 - 2015 - First year!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:15 pm

stuff I don't want to see on the cruise? Me not there :P Hoping to make it but with the Aussie Dollar so weak against the US, its not looking so good!

Also - complaining from me :P I think I bitched too much on here, about the lack of symphonic and power metal on the lineup. Ended up still having a good time, talking to a lot more people than usual, attending shows I wouldn't normally (ie Cannibal Corpse!).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Donnerklang
    Oiler

by Donnerklang » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:24 pm

Bands, that u see only on the stage!

Wtf is their motivation to go on a cruise together with fans on the same ship.....
    70.000tons family cruise 2020: My two daugthers, my wife and me
    :viking:
    Diosa Real
    Wiper

by Diosa Real » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:53 am

hot tubs misused as toilets!!! :shock:
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:57 am

Diosa Real wrote:hot tubs misused as toilets!!! :shock:

Gross stuff, agreed. However, urine is technically sterile and the chlorine will generally take care of it. Still not a pleasant thought, but it's likely not as germy as it first seems. I still only went in there knee deep though.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:11 am

Donnerklang wrote:Bands, that u see only on the stage!

Wtf is their motivation to go on a cruise together with fans on the same ship.....

I have noticed that on every cruise that I see less and less band members each day.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:31 pm

The first year by far had the most social bands on broad. Other than that ive seen a ton of members from bands on each cruise. This year i was least familiar with the bands but still saw members of Primal Fear, Equilibrium, Melechesh, Anvil, Trouble, and Alestorm everywhere. Both years Blind Guardian has been on the boat I swear I saw Andre once an hour if not more. This year we saw Cronos stroll into the Fragrance and Makeup shop across from the british pub. That alone was worth going on the boat :lol: :lol:
    ewest305
    Oiler

by ewest305 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:17 am

Yes, most people were cool. The rock star attitudes came from non-rock stars. Then again, I did not recognize some folks until I saw them on stage. One was standing directly in front of me boarding the ship! :shock:
    2017: Cabin #8660
    2015: Cabin #6314
    2014: Cabin #2534
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm

ewest305 wrote:The rock star attitudes came from non-rock stars.

So much this. And it's not ok.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Stuff I don't want to see on the cruise?

My onboard tab taped to my door on the final morning! :shock:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Late booking and terrible dates kept me away.
    2021- What might the future hold?
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:19 am

Agree - does Alissa even exist or was she only a hologram?

Anyway besides some specific cases like this one - and maybe also that I didn't get to see Hansi anytime either - many bands and/or bandmembers were really nice, accessible and friendly. I can remember Refuge being all together and walking around several times having no trouble taking pictures and talking to fans, for instance.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 am

bodomdragon wrote:

I saw her coming out of the Windjammer once and she walked past me on the track once. Those were the only times I saw her. The rest of Arch Enemy were always around. The singer of Amorphis I only saw once by the staterooms.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:29 am

Razor Ramon wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

I saw her coming out of the Windjammer once and she walked past me on the track once. Those were the only times I saw her. The rest of Arch Enemy were always around. The singer of Amorphis I only saw once by the staterooms.

I saw the singer of Amorphis quite often, and as a matter of fact we did the Dunn's River falls excursion in the same group. He was climbing the falls and flopping inside them just like everyone else.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:48 am

Tomi was around, but he was going incognito. He was wearing a hoodie to make his dreads less noticeable, you had to be either aware of his facial features or his beard to pick him out.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:27 am

Did anyone see Max Cavalera? I didn't see him once.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Ladysarah
    Oiler

by Ladysarah » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:06 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Did anyone see Max Cavalera? I didn't see him once.

He and his group were the last in line to get on the ship when I got on.

I saw a girl completely freak out on a guy from Apocalyptica when he declined her groping and other antics.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:36 am

Thinkig back I remember being in line to get in and having Refuge a bit ahead of us. Alissa was behind us leaving. I think I shared an elevator with two members of Apocalyptica that did nothing but bitch and comaplin about how some set sounded, but I wasnt sure since I dont care for them. Sat at the champagne bar and had Masacre next to us. Lets see, oh and I saw Hansi walking around a couple times. Corpsegrinder too, but hes soo fan friendly from what ive noticed the two cruises he been on. I guess I saw a lot more people than I thought
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:42 pm

He was on our flight home.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:04 pm

I didn't really go all fanboy on bands this year as there wasn't a whole bunch from my bucketlist.

Didn't get a single photo around the ship with any band members at all (a first!). A couple at the Therion and Trouble meet and greets but that is it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Hour long merchant lines just to get my 70K T-shirt.
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Konvent-/-Mgla-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer

by angelyuyo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Pillow fights
    Calvining
    Chairs mosh pits
    Karate in the pit
    That's me,see you guys soon :cool:
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:03 am

cowboy71 wrote:I didn't really go all fanboy on bands this year as there wasn't a whole bunch from my bucketlist.

Didn't get a single photo around the ship with any band members at all (a first!). A couple at the Therion and Trouble meet and greets but that is it.

I don't even know you anymore!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:37 am

angelyuyo wrote:Pillow fights
    Calvining
    Chairs mosh pits
    Karate in the pit
    That's me,see you guys soon :cool:

all of above
    + strobelights overdo
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:39 am

I was very amused seeing people sing ratm's song "f**k you i won't do what you tell me" and obeying to wash their hands some minutes later because it was written to do so.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:10 am

You shouldn't wash your hands because you're told to, but because it's the decent and sensible thing to do. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:07 am

mbob wrote:Stuff I don't want to see on the cruise?

My onboard tab taped to my door on the final morning! :shock:

That is very improper of staff to do that. I mean, would it be too much to ask for an envelope if they *must* tape it to the door. Ya know, maybe this staff member saw a "Do not Disturb" sign on the floor and got confused not wanting to walk in on guests banging or something? I was a bit surprised that there was no 'formal' way of dividing up the mini-fridge cabin tab. One little form would make all the difference in keeping track of that stuff. I left a note stating what I had and what one of my cabin mates had (that I knew of) so no one hopefully got stuck paying for my bottled water, sprite and general laziness once finding out we had a mini-fridge at all lol.

Not a big deal, mind you.

I am okay with the bands hiding away a little bit. You never really know what's going on at home etc for some people, so I can totally understand it if your routine demands that you get a certain amount of sleep each night, take medication, need to call insurance ASAP, be sick in your cabin, make sure loved one's at home are ok, take a nap, a shower, order room service, decompress or just be alone with your own darn thoughts for a couple hours. I will admit that I spent more time in my cabin this year for various reasons - some medical, some emotional and some were just common sense in calling insurance and making sure my family knew I was okay. Sometimes it just happens, man. You gotta take a half day or a full day and just get your shit together. Hope no one thinks that's too lame. We've all got choices in life. Sometimes shit happens and you NEED to roll with it to make everything work out for yourself. For the record, I made it out with a smile on my face each and every day... but lots of bad things happened and this was a more tumultuous cruise for me. Tried extremely hard to pull myself together and have a great time, regardless, but I did bawl on the promenade two days in a row. Figured it was better to be with people, booze and pizza than hiding away. I liked the cruise a lot more in retrospect, I can focus on the good stuff now ;)
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:13 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:I was very amused seeing people sing ratm's song "f**k you i won't do what you tell me" and obeying to wash their hands some minutes later because it was written to do so.

Okay, but really? That benefits the whole herd immunity issues... a lot of us came home with a minor cold. I carried hand sanitizer and used the dispensers most of the time I went past one. I even brought a hand soap pump with nice soap in it to our cabin. If no one else used it, I sure did. It's just common sense to wash up after using the washroom or before eating minimally, right? C'mon now, everyone should do this - you could catch some nasty illnesses on cruise ships. Thankfully we were basically dripping in alcohol to kill a bit extra...
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:49 pm

I got a selfie in the elevator with him
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Seeing people being destructive to the ship. I saw a guy wearing the curtains from his room in the pit for one of the bands. I hope that person had to pay for it.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.