Post Reply 51 posts
Beverage Packages on Liberty of the Seas
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Beverage Packages on Liberty of the Seas

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:02 am

mindgrind wrote:Just more shit we have to deal with come on already and just ice pick us to the forehead :shock:

Yep. This is how Carnival's "free" soda program works, and I've always thought that Royal's soda program beat the fuck out of Carnival's.....until now. :bitch:

Oh, well, at least we'll still get the "souvenir" soda cup, even though it doesn't look as if it will serve any special purpose whatsoever. (You have to pay extra for them on Carnival.)

Per the CruiseCritic folks, the reason why Liberty of the Seas does not have Freestyle soda machines is that Royal only installs them (or any soda machines, apparently) on ships that are based year-round from U.S. homeports. Majesty always sails out of Miami, but Liberty repositions to Europe during the summer.

I was really looking forward to them, too. :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:47 am

Warphine wrote:I used to sneak my liquor on board and drink it with soda all week but I'm thinking against doing that this year. I just don't want to drink a lot of soda this time around. Instead, I think I'm going to go to the nice beer bar on broad and buy a 20 dollar bottle of Chimay, drink it quickly and that'll fuck me up for a while and then I can drink cheaper beers from there on out to keep the buzz going!

I'll join you on that one. :beerwink:

What's the deal btw with the bottled water package? I thought water was free (or included in our ticket price). I need a lot of water during the day to fight off the dehydration of the booze... euhm... sun and warm weather. ;)
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:55 am

DarthDavy wrote:
    Warphine wrote:I used to sneak my liquor on board and drink it with soda all week but I'm thinking against doing that this year. I just don't want to drink a lot of soda this time around. Instead, I think I'm going to go to the nice beer bar on broad and buy a 20 dollar bottle of Chimay, drink it quickly and that'll fuck me up for a while and then I can drink cheaper beers from there on out to keep the buzz going!

What's the deal btw with the bottled water package? I thought water was free (or included in our ticket price). I need a lot of water during the day to fight off the dehydration of the booze... euhm... sun and warm weather. ;)

^^This. Can someone explain for us newbies? I don't care about fancy-pants bottled water.. as long as I don't get giardia or something from the tap water. Beer is for drinking. Water is for counteracting post-beer trauma.
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 am

Bottled water isn't free. I drank the tap water on this ship last year and it was fine. And remember that all the ice cubes, juices, coffee and tea are all coming from the same tap water.
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:29 am

Mr. HCI wrote:
    DarthDavy wrote:

^^This. Can someone explain for us newbies? I don't care about fancy-pants bottled water.. as long as I don't get giardia or something from the tap water. Beer is for drinking. Water is for counteracting post-beer trauma.

right you can grab a cup and get your own water or go to the bar and get a glass of water and its free, but it will be basically said tap water/vending machine water. the water package gives you a set number of bottles of water for a certain price
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Assuming the ship's engineering team is reasonably competent, the onboard tap water should be fine.
    All modern cruise ships make their potable water from the open ocean via electrolysis -- one thing cruise ships have PLENTY of is extra power -- and so, if everyone's doing their job properly, it should be really pure.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Sherlock
    Oiler

by Sherlock » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:07 pm

I read on the RC FAQ that you are usually allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per room :

"Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. "

Anyone knows if this is the case on 70K ?

Survivor of : 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:13 am

How strict are they about letting people bring soda onbroad? I was thinking of going with the unlimited soda package but realized they don't carry Dr. Pepper, so now I'm thinking about bringing some myself. I could try mixing Coke with Bacardi 151 but I don't think it would taste all the great compared to Dr. Pepper and 151.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:47 am

Sherlock wrote:I read on the RC FAQ that you are usually allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per room :

"Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. "

Yes. I believe some cruisers suggest you carry them onbroad with you (each person) since they cannot tell what cabin you are in when you are coming through security (more wine). :cheers:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:51 am

Sherlock wrote:I read on the RC FAQ that you are usually allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per room :

Watch out!!! If you bring your own wine onboard they will charge you a $25 uncorking fee if you open it in any public area.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Jefe
    Oiler

by Jefe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:16 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    Will anyone do excursions, or are most people just hitting up Margaritaville? There was a plantation tour that looked kind of cool to me, but it's pricey and I doubt I'll be in the mood that day.

I'd be willing to go see Bob Marley's grave and childhood house. Then hit up local food vendors. Maybe the falls depending on time.
    Cabin 8489, M