Post Reply 46 posts
Set Times?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Set Times?

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 am

My prediction. This is based on pure guesswork, and using the same set times that repeat performers had on either previous 70Ks or on Barge to Hell.

I also extrapolated out the percentage of bands that got 45 minute and 60 minute sets on previous cruises to arrive at the below.

So I still think its highly plausible we have one (maybe two) 75-minute worthy band/s, another 3 worthy of 60 minutes and the rest 45 minute-ers.

2 bands 90 minute sets
    BLIND GUARDIAN
    VENOM

3 or 4 bands 75 minute sets
    BEHEMOTH
    ARCH ENEMY (?)
    ???????????
    ???????????

20 bands 60 minute sets
    Therion
    Apocalyptica
    Ensiferum
    Amorphis
    Equilibrium
    Korpiklaani
    Primal Fear
    Refuge
    MSG
    Annihilator
    Pretty Maids
    Cannibal Corpse
    Grave Digger
    Napalm Death
    Origin
    In Extremo
    Kataklysm
    Anvil
    Soulfly
    ??????

35 bands 45 minute sets
    Alestorm
    Crucified Barbara
    Tank
    Triosphere
    D-A-D
    Threshold
    Trollfest
    Einherjer
    Destruction
    Abandon Hope
    Divided Mult
    Lake of Tears
    Artillery
    Melechesh
    Thy Antichrist
    Enthroned
    God Dethroned
    Heathen
    Jungle Rot
    Masacre
    Municipal Waste
    Xentrix
    Trouble
    Suborned
    Claim The Throne
    Monstrosity
    The Hate Colony
    Gamma Bomb
    Whiplash
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Set Times?

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:18 am

I think Pretty Maids and In Extremo have more chances of having 60 minutes shows than 1349.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:22 am

bodomdragon wrote:I think Pretty Maids and In Extremo have more chances of having 60 minutes shows than 1349.

Absolutely right - just noticed Pretty Maids did get 60 previously. Not sure about In Extremo as I do not have a full copy of the 2012 running order handy.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:24 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I think Pretty Maids and In Extremo have more chances of having 60 minutes shows than 1349.

Absolutely right - just noticed Pretty Maids did get 60 previously. Not sure about In Extremo as I do not have a full copy of the 2012 running order handy.

They had 60, according to http://web.archive.org/web/201202040534 ... gorder.htm
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:26 am

Ah excellent work, Wayback Machine :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:28 am

I really can't see Blind Guardian being given the headliner slots. Venom, Arch Enemy and Behemoth all seem to be lot bigger names.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:32 am

What if they did two 90 minute sets but 1 reserved for Blind Guardian and 1 Venom?

I think Municipal Waste will get a longer than 45 minute set
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:36 am

Memnoch wrote:I really can't see Blind Guardian being given the headliner slots. Venom, Arch Enemy and Behemoth all seem to be lot bigger names.

Blind Guardian headlined 2011. Would say they are still as big.

I think that Venom and Blind Guardian headline - one Power Metal, one Black Metal. For balance.

2011 also had two bands doing two 90 minute sets each (Blind Guardian and Saxon), so I am theorising that 2015 will be similar.

Municipal Waste only got 2 late night 45 minute sets on Barge To Hell, so I cannot imagine they would get any more than that on 70k.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:37 am

If I had to guess, I'd say no bands get 90 minute sets, and Blind Guardian, Behemoth, Arch Enemy and Venom all get 2*75 minutes.
    Wishlist:
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:40 am

cowboy71 wrote:Municipal Waste only got 2 late night 45 minute sets on Barge To Hell, so I cannot imagine they would get any more than that on 70k.

But I want them to play longer :cry: :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 am

The difference with 2011 is that there weren't any big names on that year, so BG and Saxon were given the headlining sets.
    On the last two cruises no band got 90 minute sets, and with 20 more bands on the lineup, I think the longest set times will be the 75-minute ones.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:51 am

Memnoch wrote:The difference with 2011 is that there weren't any big names on that year, so BG and Saxon were given the headlining sets.
    On the last two cruises no band got 90 minute sets, and with 20 more bands on the lineup, I think the longest set times will be the 75-minute ones.

"weren't any big names" - I think that is bias talking Chewie! Just because you don't like them, doesn't NOT make them big. Blind Guardian had their own festival for goodness sake!

And Testament? And Amon Amarth? Not, big? They got 75 minute sets that year. So, my assessment stands - I guess we will see who is right and who is wrong, soon.

But for completeness, this is the "Headliners" for each year:

90 minutes - Blind Guardian and Saxon
    75 minutes - Amon Amarth and Testament
    90 minutes - Nightwish and Venom
    75 minutes - Children of Bodom
    BARGE TO HELL
    75 minutes - Behemoth and At The Gates
    75 minutes - Helloween, In Flames, and Rage/LMO
    75 minutes - Symphony X, Fear Factory, Carcass, Unearth
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:02 am

I may be wrong, but i think Alestorm will get more than 45minutes sets
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:06 am

Aah, forgot that Testament and Amon Amarth were part of the first cruise. Sorry. :beerwink:
    Based on facebook likes, the headlining slots should've gone to Testament and Amon Amarth, so, yeah, just because you like them, doesn't make BG a big name. :P

Venom has really low number of likes on facebook and listeners on last.fm, but they are more of a "legend" than a current favourite. So, yeah, I stand by my prediction of there being only 75-minute slots this year and them going to the four biggest names (AE, BG, Behemoth and Venom).
    Wishlist:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:13 am

Well, I also think Blind Guardian is CLEARLY the biggest name this year...

Just remembered - not that this is a very valid scale, but everything counts - that the "bands world cup" was easily won by Blind Guardian. Yeah, I know we've got many more bands now, but it was just something that crossed my mind.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:15 am

Also, considering that this year we've got ~120 shows, I find it hard to believe that we'll have 90 minute sets.
    Wishlist:

Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:51 am

Schedule will be tighter this year since there are more bands per stage, and The Sphynx will be used for karaoke after midnight. It's always possible to start earlier in the theater and to have smaller bands overlap with the headliners.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:22 am

There's no way BG doesn't get 90 minutes. They headline many metal fests.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:26 am

So do Arch Enemy, Behemoth and Venom.
    Wishlist:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:39 am

There's an additional stage. Maybe that means they can have more than two bands playing 90 minutes.

I'd be surprised if BG didn't get 90 minutes, if for no other reason than the fact that they were the first act announced and that announcement made more cruisers happy than any other since. A lot of people (including me) wouldn't have booked early if it wasn't for that announcement.
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:41 am

acidbasement wrote:There's an additional stage. Maybe that means they can have more than two bands playing 90 minutes.

But there's also more bands, with the result that there's actually 1-2 bands more per stage. (40/3 = 13.33, 60/4 = 15)
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690

acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:50 am

Speedy wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:There's an additional stage. Maybe that means they can have more than two bands playing 90 minutes.

But there's also more bands, with the result that there's actually 1-2 bands more per stage. (40/3 = 13.33, 60/4 = 15)

True, good catch. I'm still on my first cup of coffee in western Canada.
    :viking:
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 am

Can't see Heathen, Artillery and Destruction all getting the shortest possible set durations. Someone's not a thrash fan :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 pm

hoping BG gets 90 :wank:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:09 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:hoping BG gets 90 :wank:

Me also. I need to find time for a nap
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Can't see Heathen, Artillery and Destruction all getting the shortest possible set durations. Someone's not a thrash fan :P

Your argument is irrelevant.

Destruction - 2011 - 2 x 45 minutes
    Artillery - BTH - 2 x 45 minutes
    Heathen - a TENTH of the Facebook likes of Destruction

Doesn't matter that I'm not a fan of thrash or not. I'm not one to let my bias interfere with my analysis.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:42 pm

I'd say maybe DAD and Alestorm might be given longer sets than you predict, but this is my first cruise so I have nothing to compare to
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Shelton wrote:I'd say maybe DAD and Alestorm might be given longer sets than you predict, but this is my first cruise so I have nothing to compare to

Alestorm are a tricky one. They only got 45 minute sets in 2012, but I think their profile is MUCH greater now than it was 3 years ago.

As for DAD that is anyone's guess!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Given that most of us figure At The Gates will be on, I would see them headlining over Arch Enemy.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote:As for DAD that is anyone's guess!

I'm basing my assumption on the fact they headlined Copenhell last year and played 4 encores, but that's probably a bit skewed since they are Danish
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:30 am

Shelton wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:As for DAD that is anyone's guess!

I'm basing my assumption on the fact they headlined Copenhell last year and played 4 encores, but that's probably a bit skewed since they are Danish

They had 40 min at RockHarz last year, shorter than Destruction (45), Equilibrium (45), Einherjer (45), In Extremo (70), Arch Enemy (60), Amorphis (50) and Korpiklaani (50).
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690

Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:42 am

I can, totally unsurprisingly, confirm that Divided Multitude will get 45 min sets.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Can't see Heathen, Artillery and Destruction all getting the shortest possible set durations. Someone's not a thrash fan :P

Your argument is irrelevant.

Destruction - 2011 - 2 x 45 minutes
    Artillery - BTH - 2 x 45 minutes
    Heathen - a TENTH of the Facebook likes of Destruction

Doesn't matter that I'm not a fan of thrash or not. I'm not one to let my bias interfere with my analysis.

Yeah, sorry man. Didn't mean to imply taste-motivated bias. Comment stemmed more from the fact that MY bias would lead ME to lump those three in the 60 minute category simply out of optimistic wishful thinking. Didn't mean to project that rationale on to you the way I did. I should know the stats of the Statsman are beyond reproach ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm

HAHAHA - all good :cheers:

Statsman just gets very defensive when the integrity of his statistical analysis is questioned :P :bitch:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

What times could we see bands start on the 22nd?
    Last edited by mushoomhead666 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:12 pm

mushoomhead666 wrote:What times could we see bands start one the 22nd?

FIRST (SCHEDULED) SET TIMES FOR PREVIOUS CRUISES:

2011 - 7PM Arsis, 7PM Exodus
    2012 - 6.30PM Alestorm
    BARGE - 5.30PM Exodus
    2013 - 5.30PM Helstar
    2014 - 5.30PM Swashbuckle

So to answer your question, MOST LIKELY 5.30pm although as its a new boat things may be different.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

2012 - 6.30PM Alestorm
    BARGE - 5.30PM Exodus
    2013 - 5.30PM Helstar

So to answer your question, MOST LIKELY 5.30pm although as its a new boat things may be different.

They had difficulties getting the pool stage ready in 2011 and that's why it was delayed, right?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

2012 - 6.30PM Alestorm
    BARGE - 5.30PM Exodus
    2013 - 5.30PM Helstar

They had difficulties getting the pool stage ready in 2011 and that's why it was delayed, right?

LOL - YEP!

Pool Stage was scheduled to start at 8PM in 2011 - epic fail.
    Scheduled to start at 10PM in 2012 - still don't think it was ready on time.
    Scheduled to start at 12.30AM in 2013 - Think they finally got it!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:20 pm

Thinking Anvil 60 minutes, the rest 45?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:57 pm

two part question

part uno.... when are stage times listed on this site

part two..... is there a printed copy of the set list available on broad for free?
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
Post Reply 46 posts