Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1
Drinking Horn
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Drinking Horn

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:36 am

Hey..

Is it okay to take drinking horns to the ship? Are there any restrictions regarding it?
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Drinking Horn

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:40 am

Mr.Kito wrote:Hey..

Is it okay to take drinking horns to the ship? Are there any restrictions regarding it?

Don't take my word for granted by I'm quite sure it's perfectly fine.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:41 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:Hey..

Don't take my word for granted by I'm quite sure it's perfectly fine.

I never tried before, and i can't remember if I saw people with drinking horns onbroad before :shock:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:07 am

Lots of people, myself included, have had horns onbroad :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:12 am

Speedy wrote:Lots of people, myself included, have had horns onbroad :bangers:

Yeah!! So I'm definitely taking mine onbroad! :belly:
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:37 am

This is a rather folk-y cruise... But bringing my drinking horn... Nah, don't think so. However... I'll see how full my suitcase is.
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
  • SavaShip
    Wiper

by SavaShip » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:08 am

I looked through Royal Caribbean's policy and didn't see anything that would prohibit a drinking horn, unless it falls under the dangerous sharp object category. Most airlines do have a policy about animal horns though, which means your drinking horn will just need to be in checked baggage and not allowed in a carry on. That's a per airline policy, I only checked with United.
    Wishlist: Alestorm:Blind Guardian:Circle II Circle:Edguy:Ensiferum:Equilibrium:Falconer:Galloglass:Helloween:Jon Oliva's Pain:Manowar:Nightwish:Orden Ogan:Persuader:Powerglove:Savatage:Savage Circus:Serenity:Sonata Arctica:Turisas:TYR:Wintersun
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:22 am

SavaShip wrote: your drinking horn will just need to be in checked baggage and not allowed in a carry on.

Yeah, i'm aware of that. But i'm okay with it. I was worried I wouldn't be able to enter the ship with it.

But it seems fine :bangers:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:35 am

I had mine in my carry on luggage and had no problem getting on the boat or through the airport ... there are many people who bring them and I know someone is bringing a bunch to sell on the boat.

you should be fine :beerhorns: :cheers: :givebeer: :viking:

but then again you're coming from Brasil it may be better as checked baggage :beerhorns:
    Last edited by DragonLordJones on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 pm

I was tempted to bring my Ensiferum Twilight Tavern horn, but 19" is hard to pack without damage. And Australian quarantine is ridiculous, so probably not worth the hassle.

But I believe I have a wooden pint waiting for me! :beerbang:
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:10 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:I had mine in my carry on luggage and had no problem getting on the boat or through the airport ... there are many people who bring them and I know someone is bringing a bunch to sell on the boat.

Oh, cool! I was planning on bringing mine and I'm glad to see it should be allowed.

Now I'm wondering who's bringing them to sell. It'd be really cool if it was Brian of Where the Gods Live, as he did the artwork on mine (really nice Game of Thrones montage) and does some really great work.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1