Post Reply 704 posts
Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by TPH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Thanks for the work on your app over the years man, it was awesome speaking with you!
    I still think you could have updated the app during the snorkeling excursion :P
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2023
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    70K 2019 - cabin 10xxx (can't fucking remember)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Glad this worked out on Android this year. I just wanted to bring up two things that I think you caught but if I can help identify anything at all:

- Aeternam and Gyze showed up as the same time on Day 2. Not sure if that was a data entry error or if 1300/1500 shows up at a weird time on the app.

- Weird glitch, but I noticed I kept getting weird notification timings. I didn't take a screenshot, but I'd often check my phone fifteen minutes (my reminder time) before a show to see a notification telling me that 1h-1day ago (this varied wildly), that show was happening in 15 minutes (as opposed to the notification going off "Just now" or "10 minutes ago"). Example, I checked my phone at 2:00 before Insomnium's 2:15 set, and my phone was telling me that the "Insomnium has a show in 15 minutes" message had gone off an hour ago.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:24 am

Phoenix wrote:Glad this worked out on Android this year. I just wanted to bring up two things that I think you caught but if I can help identify anything at all:

- Aeternam and Gyze showed up as the same time on Day 2. Not sure if that was a data entry error or if 1300/1500 shows up at a weird time on the app.

- Weird glitch, but I noticed I kept getting weird notification timings. I didn't take a screenshot, but I'd often check my phone fifteen minutes (my reminder time) before a show to see a notification telling me that 1h-1day ago (this varied wildly), that show was happening in 15 minutes (as opposed to the notification going off "Just now" or "10 minutes ago"). Example, I checked my phone at 2:00 before Insomnium's 2:15 set, and my phone was telling me that the "Insomnium has a show in 15 minutes" message had gone off an hour ago.

Yea, working on the notifications will be a priority. Also, the next time I do a substantial release I will release a ‘Test Plan’ that I will ask cruisers to run through and report issues against. There were apparently some bugs that only occurred when people had there phones set to use the 13:00 time format, and other issue I would had a hard time catching just testing myself. The ‘Aeternam and Gyze’ issue looks right on my phone, so I suspect it may be a 13:00 versus 1:00pm issue with how your phone is configured. Weird, but will be fixed for next year.

Thanks for the feedback and if we can get a group of people to donate a couple of hours a release to pre-cruise testing through out the year when I make changes, we can catch these issues we’ll ahead of the cruise next time!

See you on board in 2019
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:12 am

Great job with the app this year! Aside from Aeternam vanishing from my event list, there were no issues. It was realllly handy.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • bikasgupta
    Wiper

by bikasgupta » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:01 am

The 70K Bands app was working fine on Google Pixel 2 XL when running on android 7.0 however as I have upgraded to android 8.1 today as I open the app it only loads a blank white screen on startup and crashes itself automatically. Any solution?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:36 am

bikasgupta wrote:The 70K Bands app was working fine on Google Pixel 2 XL when running on android 7.0 however as I have upgraded to android 8.1 today as I open the app it only loads a blank white screen on startup and crashes itself automatically. Any solution?

Not that I am aware of, this is the first I am hearing of it. I will investigate. I was planning on a few new releases that will be compiled with the latest SDK. Let me see if I can reproduce within a virtual machine Android device using the google SDK and the phone and Android version specified. If I can reproduce the issue, I can likely solve it pretty easily.

Give me about 2 weeks and let's see if I can find, fix, and post a release. Luckily there is not much happening 70,000 Tons wise at the moment...but that will change.

Thanks
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Ok, I have reset the app in anticipation of announcements hopefully coming at some point in the proverbial 'sooon.....'

Please keep in mind this is an unofficial app and I have no inside information as to when announcement will actually be made. If you want to see 2018 data, just use the 'Use Last Years' data feature within the app.
    Survivor

WishList
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:13 pm

slayergeek wrote:Ok, I have reset the app in anticipation of announcements hopefully coming at some point in the proverbial 'sooon.....'

Please keep in mind this is an unofficial app and I have no inside information as to when announcement will actually be made. If you want to see 2018 data, just use the 'Use Last Years' data feature within the app.

Does this mean I can delete the band-logo images that appear in my phone's picture gallery from the app? I wasn't sure if it was "safe" to delete them if the app was depending on them.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:Ok, I have reset the app in anticipation of announcements hopefully coming at some point in the proverbial 'sooon.....'

Does this mean I can delete the band-logo images that appear in my phone's picture gallery from the app? I wasn't sure if it was "safe" to delete them if the app was depending on them.

Unless you lack network connectivity, it is always safe to delete these. If they don’t exist, I download them again. I will make a second attempt to block these from being index by the picture viewer in the next release. The theory was I had already done that, but apparently not from the bug reports.
    Survivor

WishList
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:04 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Does this mean I can delete the band-logo images that appear in my phone's picture gallery from the app? I wasn't sure if it was "safe" to delete them if the app was depending on them.

Unless you lack network connectivity, it is always safe to delete these. If they don’t exist, I download them again. I will make a second attempt to block these from being index by the picture viewer in the next release. The theory was I had already done that, but apparently not from the bug reports.

Okay, cool.

And don't stress about it too much. The US Postal Service's "Informed Delivery" app kindly sends TWENTY images of any incoming mail envelope to my picture gallery. I guess they want us to be extra-informed. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • cgraus
    Oiler

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands App ready for Beta Release

by cgraus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:This is for Apple/iPhones only, not Android (yet), right?

Yep. This is a free project that I am doing on my own, I am not a company or trying to make money. If any Andriod developer wants to make a similar app, I will help them out where I can, but this is not something I would do on my own at this point.

Has anyone offered to do this? I'd be happy to help move the app to Xamarin, in which case it would work on Andriod/iOS and also Windows devices.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands App ready for Beta Release

by slayergeek » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:10 pm

cgraus wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:This is for Apple/iPhones only, not Android (yet), right?

Yep. This is a free project that I am doing on my own, I am not a company or trying to make money. If any Andriod developer wants to make a similar app, I will help them out where I can, but this is not something I would do on my own at this point.

Has anyone offered to do this? I'd be happy to help move the app to Xamarin, in which case it would work on Android/iOS and also Windows devices.

It's already on Android and iOS, granted using different code for the native architectures (Swift and Java Android). The post you replied to is likely very old, as I have had an Android version for the cruise the last 2 years.

Don't see much point in porting to Windows, as even Microsoft has abandon the Windows Phone OS. If you want to assist with the Android using Java or iOS using swift, that would be much better.
    Survivor

WishList
  • cgraus
    Oiler

by cgraus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm not saying I'm not interested, but my Java is basically knowing it's C# and I know nothing about Swift. A windows port would run on Windows 10 as well as Windows tablets. It would also be a unified code base......
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Hey everyone!

I just released the first pass at the 2019 version of the 70K Bands app. This is the un-official iPhone and Android app for the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise, serving survivors for 4 years as of the 2019 sailing. Here are the changes so far.

* Now supports both 24hour and AM/PM Time formats. Inherits system wide settings
    * Made alerts generation and other background tasks more reliable and less prone to missing or duplicate alerts on the ship
    * Made changes to backend files
    * Changed from Day of Week, to Day Of Event for schedule view
    * Made improvement to pull to refresh UI

Hopefully tomorrow I will release a QA walkthrough for volunteers to go through. Since the onboard changes only see real world use 4 days a year, I would love some help testing these features. The earlier we catch issues the better.

See you guys on board.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Ok guys, I need testers for the app, especially for Android.

If you want to test, please be sure of the follow, available at the preference screen

iOS users should have version 201806091 ( released today )
    Android users should have version 220180608

To file a bug report, send me a Facebook message and be sure to include the follow

iOS or Android
    Your version of iOS or Android
    Description of the problem
    Step to reproduce

Here is a walkthrough of what I would like you guys to go through. Feel free to deviate, but this would be a great start.

* Turn on ‘Use Last Years” data in the preferences section. It’s available via the icon in the upper right. This will shutdown the app
    * Relaunch the app
    * A schedule based on last year’s run list will display. The list will vary depending upon the content of the master file, but I will try and make sure I rework the master file so that we are always on the cruise during the testing cycle.
    * Ensure that the schedule ‘looks’ right. You should see all the expected bands and shows, based on your filters.
    * Check to ensure pull to refresh works as expected.
    * Force quit the app. Go into air plane mode. Restart the app. Ensure all works well while offline.
    * Check to ensure pull to refresh works as expected while offline. Will be quicker because we are not downloading data.
    * Modify the must, might, won’t, unknown filters and verify the correct display of data
    * Swipe left on a band, ensure you can set the must, might, won’t, unknown preferences
    * Click the ‘Filters’ menu in the left. Ensure that the filters here have the expected effect on the list of events displayed.
    * Force quite the app, ensure all filters and settings persist
    * Allow the app for several hours to send you expected alerts based on your preferences and you band likes and dislikes. Did you get the expected alerts? Did you get the alerts at the expected time?
    * Change your ‘Alert preferences’ in the settings section. Wait a few more hours, ensure you only get the expected alerts.
    * Be sure you are online. Click on a band. Ensure the details page looks correct and all links take you to the expected places
    * Modify the description of a band. Was it saved if you exit and renter the screen. Was it saved when you force quite and renter the app
    * Delete the description, go back to the main list, go back into the band. Was the empty description replaced with the default detailed description.
    * Remove ‘Use Last Years’ data while there might still be alerts to send. Restart app after the app quits.
    * No more alerts should happen after removing last year’s data. Wait long enough to ensure no alerts happen.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Great news everyone, a major feature for 2019 is being made available today!

This new feature allows you to indicate what shows you attended on the ship. You can do this by swiping left on the main list view and selecting the ticket icon (or runner/mosher on older Android phones). You can also do this by clicking on the event text in the details screen when you click on a band!

The is available as of today for both iPhone and Android!

I have also update the documentation for the app. Here is a link to it
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/13Gn ... fQk4/edit#

I also have a Google doc for people who want to help me QA
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rsn ... Iukog/edit

Please let me know if you spot any issues. If you want to explore these new features before the schedule is announced a few days before the cruise, go into Preferences and click 'Use Last Years Data'. You will still receive announcements when bands are announced.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Ok everyone. I am proud to announce the latest version of 70K Bands while hanging out aboard the Majesty of The Seas on my Cuba trip vacation. 70k Bands in the unofficial iPhone and Android app for the 70,000 Tons Of Metal cruise.

This version, for the first time, allows you to declare what shows you intend to attend as soon as the schedule is released.

You can use these new features in one of two ways.

1) I just want to decide what events to go to as the day progresses, fuck planning it all out ahead of time.

This works well for this purpose. Just set the filter how you want, maybe hide Wont See for example, or go to filters and hide the Lounge if you hate to see shows there or whatever you want. You can set shows as ‘Attended’ as you see them for your after cruise report, or not. Up to you which features you want to take advantage of.

2) I want to plan my whole cruise out when the schedule it release!
    Just go through all the events and mark which shows you plan to attend.
    (Be sure and leave meal breaks)
    Click the ‘Ticket’ icon to hide all shows except the ones you marked as ‘Will Attend’, this will disable all other filters. Just click again to return to the normal view
    Go into Preferences (the gear icon) and select the option ‘Alert Only for Will Attend Events’

These features are being released today for both iPhone and Android.

Here is an updated version of the documentation

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13Gn ... X3OrKCfQk4

There will be no more features releases this year, but I will work quickly to fix any bugs discovered.

Please check out the full app using the ‘Use Last Years Data’ and help me test everything out. I would much rather fix issues now, then have anybody disappointed come February. I will post an updated QA Walk Through sometime soon for those that want to help.
    Last edited by slayergeek on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Awesome new features! You know, with all the time we have between cruises, you could develop this into a full-blown real time strategy game... 70K simulator!

“Oh no, you forgot to eat for two days! Your stamina is dropping fast!”
    “You drank too much! You’re missing your next three shows.”
    “This cute photographer is inviting you to hook up, but your favorite band plays soon, and you already missed their first show...”
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Good work dude. Looking awesome!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 pm

70K Bands (unofficial iPhone/Android app for the 70,000 tons cruise) needs testers!

I need everyone’s help to QA and test out the app before the cruise, especially with all the new features addd this year. The main schedule features of this app is only used in the real world for 4 days a year, so I need as many people as possible to test it before hand.

I have developed a QA walkthrough, this is an improved version broken up into different sections. Feel free to deviate from this, but I think this is a good place to start.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rsn ... jLuRkIukog

Also for my non English speaking users, feel free to report translation issues. Some of the translations are google translate, so they are suspect. Please include the exact old text, your proposed new text and the language it is in.

When reporting a bug. Be as specific as possible, and include screen shots if applicable. I need to be able to reproduce an issue in order to resolve it.

Keep in mind, if you don’t report an issue until the day before the cruise, there is little chance it can be fixed.
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Godflesh wrote:Awesome new features! You know, with all the time we have between cruises, you could develop this into a full-blown real time strategy game... 70K simulator!

“This cute photographer is inviting you to hook up, but your favorite band plays soon, and you already missed their first show...”

That pretty funny, I might do that.
    Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Awesome new features! You know, with all the time we have between cruises, you could develop this into a full-blown real time strategy game... 70K simulator!

The goal of course would be to see as many of the shows you intended to, as we all struggle with.
    Worst play: “You meet Scott Ian drunk at the Casino bar, and he decides to tell you all about poker tournaments. You lose two days.”

Jokes aside, I promise to do my best to test the new features. I keep my history on the boat in a spreadsheet, and I found it’s VERY important to record your attendance at shows RIGHT AFTER.
    I use “nope/disappointed/good/great” as a scale.
    Would you consider adding such a show rating feature?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:48 am

Godflesh wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:

The goal of course would be to see as many of the shows you intended to, as we all struggle with.
    Worst play: “You meet Scott Ian drunk at the Casino bar, and he decides to tell you all about poker tournaments. You lose two days.”

Jokes aside, I promise to do my best to test the new features. I keep my history on the boat in a spreadsheet, and I found it’s VERY important to record your attendance at shows RIGHT AFTER.
    I use “nope/disappointed/good/great” as a scale.
    Would you consider adding such a show rating feature?

Thanks for testing! The more people to look at it and report potential issues the better. Thanks!

Maybe. It’s get harder and harder to add new features and still have a clean and intuitive UI. If I can figure out a way to added it in a sane way, then sure. Won’t happen this year though. My goal at this point is only to release stability fixes and any new major fixes won’t be until 2020.

That being said, I have changed my mind about that before.
    Survivor

WishList
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm

"Service in the dining room was too slow -- you miss a show!"
    "You have to go to Guest Services and the line is forever! Lose two shows!"
    "You foolishly ate three slices of...something that's almost pizza...from Sorrento's! Lose two shows due to nausea; three if you have a low constitution rating!"
    "Metalhead needs food badly!"

:lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:05 pm

I just realized that if I switch to last year’s data, I might miss the “imminent” announcement. Would I?
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Godflesh wrote:I just realized that if I switch to last year’s data, I might miss the “imminent” announcement. Would I?

Nope. Even in the ‘Last Years Data’ mode, you will get the push notification.

Now if you open up the app, you won’t see the band listed until you turn that mode off, but your phone will receive and display the announcement notification.
    Survivor

WishList
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:37 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:I just realized that if I switch to last year’s data, I might miss the “imminent” announcement. Would I?

Now if you open up the app, you won’t see the band listed until you turn that mode off, but your phone will receive and display the announcement notification.

Cool beans. Your app is now the most important app in the world for the next few days, for a lot of people.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 am

Godflesh wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:

Cool beans. Your app is now the most important app in the world for the next few days, for a lot of people.

The first announcement will be challenging. If they change the format or there are any issues I may have to manually intervene. I am trying to stay on top of things and will try and make sure announcements go out ASAP.
    Survivor

WishList
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 pm

App beta works well on S8 ,once full last years data was added I could easily choose show perfence and then see what I choose as must,maybe and no.Turned off last year’s data hoping to get the news today that something had finally happened,well no!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Godflesh wrote:Cool beans. Your app is now the most important app in the world for the next few days, for a lot of people.

WISHFUL THINKING :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:App beta works well on S8 ,once full last years data was added I could easily choose show perfence and then see what I choose as must,maybe and no.Turned off last year’s data hoping to get the news today that something had finally happened,well no!

I didn't see any big issue on iOS at first glance, but I haven't gone through the scenario list yet.
    The only small issue I've noticed is that when you open the app on current data, it says "2 bands" for the placeholder message, until you refresh the page, then it says "1 band".
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:43 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:App beta works well on S8 ,once full last years data was added I could easily choose show perfence and then see what I choose as must,maybe and no.Turned off last year’s data hoping to get the news today that something had finally happened,well no!

Did you try switching phone to offline mode? I got errors after doing that. App was alive, just error window popped up. Perhaps it's just my phone/SW version..
  • FinnPete
    Crewman

by FinnPete » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Godflesh wrote:The only small issue I've noticed is that when you open the app on current data, it says "2 bands" for the placeholder message, until you refresh the page, then it says "1 band".

I have one band too, called "Waiting for Announcements". I tried to search for their songs but nothing good was found. I bet their first single is "Labadee". I hope if will be released soon.
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 pm

LOL, I just got a band notification from the app on my iPhone! That jingle made me shiver...
    SWALLOW THE SUN will be playing the Theater at 19:30.

Ron, send me your sound file, I’ll put it as my phone ringtone, just for the random adrenaline rush :mrgreen:
    jdch28
    Crewman

by jdch28 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:25 am

Godflesh wrote:Ron, send me your sound file, I’ll put it as my phone ringtone, just for the random adrenaline rush :mrgreen:

I think the ringtone got sent to everyone o.O.. :D

2017 Survivor (9361)
    2018 Survivor (2618)
    2018 Booked (2332)
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am

jdch28 wrote:
    Godflesh wrote:Ron, send me your sound file, I’ll put it as my phone ringtone, just for the random adrenaline rush :mrgreen:

Yep, sorry about that. My bad..didn't mean to spam everyone
    Survivor

WishList
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:42 am

To those added by Godflesh :D
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:31 pm

jdch28 wrote:

For Android users, the latest version of the app (released earlier this week) now uses the custom ringtone that was previously an iOS exclusive. Hopefully this will help more clearly identify an announcement from a boring email or text :)
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Just an FYI guys, I'm more then a little pissed off right now.

Apple just kicked the 70K Bands off the app store. The stated reason is that 'They no longer allow gambling apps'.

Obviously there is some miss-understanding here..because under no squinty eye'd viewing could this app possibly be construed as a gambling app of any kind. If money is changing hands, I would like to see some...but it is not.

I have filed an appeal and based on the fact that they are 1000% wrong about what this app is, I expect that after typical bureaucratic BS to have this reversed. Maybe I have to remove a link to somewhere shady that snuck in?? But I clicked on all the official band links, as these are the most likely for random stuff to happen, and the main pages all looked as they should.

At any rate, I hope to have this resolved ASAP.
    Survivor

WishList
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Redonkulus bureaucratic B***S***.

Hope you get it sorted SOON.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 704 posts