Post Reply 520 posts
70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by bodomdragon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:48 am

Razor Ramon wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:
    dinki wrote:I thought about the bands from florida metal fest like obituary, deicide, broken hope etc.

maybe they have an agreement that they just could be announced after the metal fest just to "force" more cruise people to go to the metal fest.... what do you think?

Good point. I would say that most of the bands in that lineup, except the ones who have been onbroad the last two years, are solid candidates. I don't like any of these bands but I'll place my bets on Deicide and Malevolent Creation.

I hope those racist pieces of shit from Malevolent Creation aren't getting invited. Probably too many black people in Jamaica for their tastes.

I didn't know they were racist. Fuck them, then, I don't want that scum on the boat.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Carcass and Testament start a tour with Slayer on 2/19 in Chicago.
    Obituary, Cryptopsy, and Abysmal Dawn start a tour with Cannibal Corpse on 2/12 in Atlanta.
    So these bands except for the latter ones are a possibility, no?
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Godflesh wrote:Carcass and Testament start a tour with Slayer on 2/19 in Chicago.
    Obituary, Cryptopsy, and Abysmal Dawn start a tour with Cannibal Corpse on 2/12 in Atlanta.

Abysmal Dawn would make a really great addition. :beerbang:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:42 am

Also, the only Obituary show before that is on 1/30.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:08 am

In a 2007 interview with the Grimoire of Exalted Deeds, Phil Fasciana uses a derogatory slur for black people 22 times, and explains that the band would "Never have a nigger in the band." However, the context of the interview does leave little doubt that many of the comments in it weren't meant to be taken seriously.[11]

In 2009, guitarist Phil Fasciana sent two separate e-mails to blabbermouth.net, claiming he interrupted a store robbery which led to him being shot at four times before he was able to disarm the "homeless crackhead" and pump two bullets into the thug's head. Commenting on Fasciana's claims, Detective Mark Shotwell of the Fort Lauderdale Police Department told Rock Radio that he's unable to find evidence that any such event ever took place. "This did not happen," Shotwell said. "Our last murder was on June 22 and Fasciana was not involved. I'm certain of this. Even if the death was a result of self-defense, it would still be classed as a homicide and investigated as such. "All witnesses, reportees, victims and suspects are entered into a database, but the most recent entry for Fasciana is on April 1, involving him and a female in a domestic dispute."[12]

In 2014, Malevolent Creation fired drummer Gus Rios, using what many thought of a derogatory slur by referring to the drummer as gay. Phil Fasciana wrote an apology to his fans about the incident. In the apology Fasciana continued to refer to Gus Rios as gay repeatedly.[13]

In June 2015, MetalSucks reported another racist incident, where guitarist Phil Fasciana sent a racist Obama meme to bassist Jay Black (Jason Blachowicz) on Facebook.[14]
    metal4ever
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:27 am

I don't care, they are a good band. I'll enjoy them with pleasure :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:23 am

Fasciana just sounds like a douche. It's not shocking to me, unfortunately. I recently went to a show where I met the wife of some local band member, and she just causally threw that word into the conversation. Sometimes in NY, you forget about this shit, but we have plenty of racists and rednecks around here.

Obviously if a band sounds good, I still will listen to them, even the ones who have douche bag guitarists. I wouldn't want to hang out with people like that, though. Having them on the ship is kind of... ugh. My only exception is Seth Putnam, but he died basically being the butt of one of his own song titles.

I won't get upset if they're on, but I'm not interested in them. Meh.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:57 am

Godflesh wrote:Carcass and Testament start a tour with Slayer on 2/19 in Chicago.

Any of these would be good additions.
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 am

big up for Testament and Slayer..yeah... :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:36 am

I would be happy to have any of these bands onbroad. Especially Testament or Cryptopsy!! :headbanger:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:02 am

I believe I met Phil Fasciana years ago in a bar. He was very nice to this particular black girl however, the bar was empty. I find that racists tend to let their racism flow if they feel they have at least one fellow racist on their side.
    Just as a side note Buffalo is/was (not sure if it still is) one of the most segregated cities in the US. Very sad since so many people, including myself move up there for college. Maybe, it is doing better now as I hear there have been many economic improvements recently.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:58 am

back on track from racists:

What about Florida based bands: Terrorizer, Solstice, Monstrosity, Atheist, Cannibal Corpse, Anger, just to name few
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Monstrosity and Cannibal Corpse played last year.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Terrorizer and Solstice/Thrash or die, Atheist would be nice additions for me !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • EastCostChick
    Oiler

by EastCostChick » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 pm

In this moment, 5 Finger Death Punch, Kreator, Carcass, Unleash the Archers, Nightwish....does anyone think any of this possible? :shred: :headbanger:
    Survivor years 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2023/2024 booked :bangers:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:03 pm

EastCostChick wrote:In this moment, 5 Finger Death Punch, Kreator, Carcass, Unleash the Archers, Nightwish....does anyone think any of this possible? :shred: :headbanger:

In This Moment - don't think they are a '70 k band'. More Monsters of Rock cruise. (I would actually like them on the lineup though!)
    5 Finger - same as above
    Kreator - were on in 2013. Not definitively ruled out. so a chance. BUT - they are a big drawcard in an under-represented category so you'd think they'd have been announced already.
    Carcass - were in 2014. Not definitively ruled out, so a chance. Same as Kreator though - would think they'd be on already.
    Unleash the Archers - Have been trying to get on 70K for years apparently! Last word was they were told they were "too small". Now they are signed by Napalm and there is a bit of a buzz around them, who knows? Maybe they'll tell Andy they are "too big" for 70k? :P
    Nightwish - a chance but would think they'd be announced already.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:01 pm

I am hoping for Nightwish being a Feb 3rd "holy shit" announcement.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:15 am

yup, nightwish last anouncement is possible.
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:01 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:yup, nightwish last anouncement is possible.

I'd be very surprised. Nightwish would be the most expensive band on the boat. That they would be an unadvertised, last minute addition seems highly unlikely.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:37 am

General Zod wrote:

I'd be very surprised. Nightwish would be the most expensive band on the boat. That they would be an unadvertised, last minute addition seems highly unlikely.

They were on in 2012 and their North American tour starts suspiciously close to the cruise....
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31 am

General Zod wrote:

can tell you are new here
    their needs to be no rime or reason
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • EastCostChick
    Oiler

by EastCostChick » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    EastCostChick wrote:In this moment, 5 Finger Death Punch, Kreator, Carcass, Unleash the Archers, Nightwish....does anyone think any of this possible? :shred: :headbanger:

In This Moment - don't think they are a '70 k band'. More Monsters of Rock cruise. (I would actually like them on the lineup though!)
    5 Finger - same as above
    Kreator - were on in 2013. Not definitively ruled out. so a chance. BUT - they are a big drawcard in an under-represented category so you'd think they'd have been announced already.
    Carcass - were in 2014. Not definitively ruled out, so a chance. Same as Kreator though - would think they'd be on already.
    Unleash the Archers - Have been trying to get on 70K for years apparently! Last word was they were told they were "too small". Now they are signed by Napalm and there is a bit of a buzz around them, who knows? Maybe they'll tell Andy they are "too big" for 70k? :P
    Nightwish - a chance but would think they'd be announced already.

I would be thrilled if even a couple of them were announced. I heard that skipper was at Unleash the Archers album release last year so hopefully they make it onbroad this time!

Nightwish starts a North American tour shortly after the cruise with Delain and Sonata Artica so I am remaining hopeful for them. He did say that there would be some big surprises coming up in the weeks leading up to departure.
    Survivor years 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2023/2024 booked :bangers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:04 pm

EastCostChick wrote:He did say that there would be some big surprises coming up in the weeks leading up to departure.

He says that every year :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:29 pm

It would be a big surprise if we get any announcement for the next few days :lol:

Had no announcements on Sunday or Monday so far for 2016, and only 1 on Tuesday and 5 on Wednesday.

Things may change now we are so close to sailing, but I'm certainly not going to start holding my breath for the next announcement until at least Wednesday :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:25 pm

TARJA is in the US at the moment recording her next album in Austin Texas.

Maybe she will join us on 70K?

Not a HUGE desire to have her on broad - I prefer Tarja-era Nightwish, but have not been that excited by any of her solo albums.

But, just thought I'd put it out there that she would be a chance.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:17 am

I think that would be a very nice addition for my girlfriend.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:41 am

Nightwish is ruled out. Marco has a festival (Old Farts Rock in Kuopio) during the cruise.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:22 am

cowboy71 wrote:TARJA is in the US at the moment recording her next album in Austin Texas.

Not a HUGE desire to have her on broad - I prefer Tarja-era Nightwish, but have not been that excited by any of her solo albums.

I'd be happy to have Tarja onbroad. I don't like her or her music at all, but watching Mike Terrana play live is always a thing.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:57 am

Queensryche fits the hint perfectly but since they are playing the 4th and then are booked for the Monsters of Rock cruise I guess that´s not gonna happen... Damnit...
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:03 am

Queensryche fits the hint perfectly, well, I'm waiting to know what kind of bird it is
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:30 am

Saw Queensryche last year at Metaldays. I was really surprised. Thought that's nearly impossible to replace Geoff Tate. But Todd La Torre fits very well.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:23 am

Based on the hint, question mark location, and that they're from the U.S., Pelican would fit and be a nice addition.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:07 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Queensryche fits the hint perfectly, well, I'm waiting to know what kind of bird it is

Lol.. i never referred to the bird hint... ;) But the Queensryche is an evil bird native to South Africa. It is known for following Cruise ships where it steals long hair to build it´s nest out of. :P

That said... Pelican...
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I am hoping for Nightwish being a Feb 3rd "holy shit" announcement.

That would be the best birthday present EVER!!!!!!! :whisky: :cheers: :boobs:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:50 pm

jodionline wrote:Saw Queensryche last year at Metaldays. I was really surprised. Thought that's nearly impossible to replace Geoff Tate. But Todd La Torre fits very well.

I think the way Geoff is singing these days you could have pulled a random bum off the streets and they'd do a better job on vocals than Geoff.That being said Todd has always been a great vocalist.Did a great job with Crimsson Glory and fits in very well to Queensryche.
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:21 am

cowboy71 wrote:TARJA is in the US at the moment recording her next album in Austin Texas.

live Performance of Tarja is much better than the nightwish gigs i saw during the last years,
    big up for Tarja on the boat :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:46 am

Tarja/Nightwish would be great and huge beer announcement! :shred: :shred: :bangers: :bangers:
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 am

nightwish is out, the bassist has a show during the cruise
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:01 am

General Zod wrote:Based on the hint, question mark location, and that they're from the U.S., Pelican would fit and be a nice addition.

I actually didn´t see the hint and I didn´t know it said it was an American band. I really would love if Pelican is correct.
    Where are the hints posted?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:06 am

MissTool wrote:
    General Zod wrote:Based on the hint, question mark location, and that they're from the U.S., Pelican would fit and be a nice addition.

I actually didn´t see the hint and I didn´t know it said it was an American band. I really would love if Pelican is correct.
    Where are the hints posted?

Hints are often in the announcement:

Are you ready for an Icelandic history lesson? Please welcome SKÁLMÖLD on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Who is that bird that has been following our ship for quite some time?

Note there is no hint about the band being from the U.S. Its just an assumption that a large number of the remaining bands will be from the US due to the small number of US bands currently on the lineup compared to previous cruises, and its obviously quicker, easier and cheaper to get a US band onto the cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 520 posts