Post Reply 520 posts
70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    MissTool
    Oiler

Re: 70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by MissTool » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    MissTool wrote:
    General Zod wrote:Based on the hint, question mark location, and that they're from the U.S., Pelican would fit and be a nice addition.

I actually didn´t see the hint and I didn´t know it said it was an American band. I really would love if Pelican is correct.
    Where are the hints posted?

Hints are often in the announcement:

Are you ready for an Icelandic history lesson? Please welcome SKÁLMÖLD on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Who is that bird that has been following our ship for quite some time?

Note there is no hint about the band being from the U.S. Its just an assumption that a large number of the remaining bands will be from the US due to the small number of US bands currently on the lineup compared to previous cruises, and its obviously quicker, easier and cheaper to get a US band onto the cruise.

Thanks! As much as I want Pelican, I think the assumption it is Raven is more likely based on 70k lineups. Was ever a post rock/post metal band on board?
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:48 am

MissTool wrote:Thanks! As much as I want Pelican, I think the assumption it is Raven is more likely based on 70k lineups. Was ever a post rock/post metal band on board?

Unfortunately, you're probably right. It's way more likely it's Raven. And no, I looked through the previous line-ups before posting my guess and there's never has been much in the way of post metal on the ship.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:36 am

We have the same pattern every time. A clue points to an obvious band (Raven), and it is the first one that is mentioned. Then, despite the obviousness, one or two more names come up (Pelican this time), but in the end everyone knows what happens. I've seen this pretty much every time the clue is reasonably obvious :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    MissTool wrote:
    General Zod wrote:Based on the hint, question mark location, and that they're from the U.S., Pelican would fit and be a nice addition.

I actually didn´t see the hint and I didn´t know it said it was an American band. I really would love if Pelican is correct.
    Where are the hints posted?

Hints are often in the announcement:

Are you ready for an Icelandic history lesson? Please welcome SKÁLMÖLD on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Who is that bird that has been following our ship for quite some time?

Note there is no hint about the band being from the U.S. Its just an assumption that a large number of the remaining bands will be from the US due to the small number of US bands currently on the lineup compared to previous cruises, and its obviously quicker, easier and cheaper to get a US band onto the cruise.

Like i said before just because a band isn't announced it does not mean they are not booked.What you are saying is inaccurate in many ways.Seeming as the bands don't actually need work visas for the cruise they are not paying any extra really.Not to mention flights can be cheaper from Europe to Miami than from some parts in the U.S or atleast to around the same degree of cost.

While i agree there will be some more US bands announced i doubt that the points you are making are part of the factor for that. ;)
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am

Moonsorrow start a tour - along with Korpiklaani - on March 1st. Good timing I guess. Makes them a possibility.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:53 am

Not that anyone was asking but it would appear that Butcher Babies will be on the cruise. Not just because they are touring with Cradle Of Filth, I was listening to the Talk Is Jericho podcast interviewing the bands vocalists. They indicated that they are on tour and they have some upcoming announcements that they can't reveal just yet.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Not that anyone was asking but it would appear that Butcher Babies will be on the cruise. Not just because they are touring with Cradle Of Filth, I was listening to the Talk Is Jericho podcast interviewing the bands vocalists. They indicated that they are on tour and they have some upcoming announcements that they can't reveal just yet.

My ears say no but my eyes say yes.
    Wishlist:

• FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 am

Florida metal legends NASTY SAVAGE have reunited

=> We need them !!!!!!!!!
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:27 am

metalmaciejmetal wrote:Not that anyone was asking but it would appear that Butcher Babies will be on the cruise. Not just because they are touring with Cradle Of Filth, I was listening to the Talk Is Jericho podcast interviewing the bands vocalists. They indicated that they are on tour and they have some upcoming announcements that they can't reveal just yet.

The Butcher Babies have tour dates on February 5, 6 & 8.

Hopefully the announcement is they are breaking up.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:32 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Florida metal legends NASTY SAVAGE have reunited

This!
    As long as the vocalists still smashes tv's over his head of course :lol:
    Sickening Gore
    Oiler

by Sickening Gore » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Nasty Savage would be amazing..
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:02 pm

I think I've mentioned it before but what's the harm in mentioning it again ;)

Taake is starting a North American tour on Feb. 20th. Other than MDF I don't think they've ever played North America. Andy, I hope you have talked them into coming over a couple weeks earlier for 70K. If not, please do so! :bmhorns:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Florida metal legends NASTY SAVAGE have reunited

This!
    As long as the vocalists still smashes tv's over his head of course :lol:

Oh my fuck! This late before the cruise, I sure hope this is an actual possibility!! :shred:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:I think I've mentioned it before but what's the harm in mentioning it again ;)

Taake is starting a North American tour on Feb. 20th. Other than MDF I don't think they've ever played North America. Andy, I hope you have talked them into coming over a couple weeks earlier for 70K. If not, please do so! :bmhorns:

Taake would be an exceptional add. aw them at MDF 2014, but yeah, they would still be a really rare appearance. Wouklld mix fantastically with Aura Noir and Tsjuder. :death:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Sickening Gore
    Oiler

by Sickening Gore » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Taake seconded^ no sun gleaming in the eyes like at MDF 2014 though haha
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

The Butcher Babies have tour dates on February 5, 6 & 8.

Hopefully the announcement is they are breaking up.

Good. I don't know how they've gotten on all of these tours lately. I saw them with GWAR. Why? Why book them with GWAR? That needs to stop. I can't stand them. It's a little like watching Two Girls, One cup but with a mic instead. Eww.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:I think I've mentioned it before but what's the harm in mentioning it again ;)

Taake would be a great acquisition. Oh my so many speculations and possibilities. This is my first time and it's killing me.

:beerhorns:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Ha ha ,this happens every year ,you be super lucky to get one big band.Most likely a whole lot of searching the web trying to figure out "who the hell is this band".
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    pipozoft
    Wiper

by pipozoft » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm

IcedInferno wrote:
    Taake would be a great acquisition. Oh my so many speculations and possibilities. This is my first time and it's killing me.

:beerhorns:

I would love to see Taake, they are supposed to be awesome live! It's my first time too, and I'm even having dreams about it of how excited I am :viking:
    Find me on Twitter & Instagram @pipozoft \m/
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:10 pm

If this was a normal year I expect mostly USA bands but
    1)Super Bowl week means it would be harder for band members to leave work.This would be a problem for many low level bands.
    2)Strong USA dollar in payment from 70k could be attractive to non USA bands
    3)Cheap flights into USA because of strong dollar
    Still at least half will be USA bands but good chance of last minute booking outside of USA.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:01 pm

I think the cruise is still here after years because it's a boat, it's wonderful, seems like holydays, etc.
    I would not bet any other "common" festival being there year after year being dealt the same way the cruise is.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:37 pm

i think and also hope the rest of the bands will come from the states as there are not that many u.s. metal band on the ship,
    and they do the best trash metal as well.... :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:30 pm

I love Taacos!!

It would be nice as fuck to see Taake at like 3:00am on pool deck. Not like broad daylight at MDF. Black metal in daylight should be illegal.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:50 pm

WILD SPECULATION HERE.

Its recently been announced that the early Arch Enemy lineup are re-uniting and will be performing select festivals this year under the name "Black Earth".

The current lineup of Arch Enemy play Mexico on January 30th, putting them nice and close to Florida.

Since there is already speculation that Kamelot will be on the lineup ----> Black Earth on broad, and Alysa joins Kamelot on broad.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:45 am

cowboy71 wrote:Since there is already speculation that Kamelot will be on the lineup ----> Black Earth on broad, and Alysa joins Kamelot on broad.

All the black earth thing would be great, but i would be totally psyched if we get Kamelot at least
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:58 am

You might too optimistic.
    Michael Amott always tag fests from the country where he is posting.
    I would enjoy Black Earth, but don't think they will play.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:05 am

Black Earth would be wicked :cheers:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:00 am

I got to see the real Arch Enemy on the Burning Bridges tour, and I'd be jealous if Black Earth were announced
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:14 am

Forget it, black earth will not be on board
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:59 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Forget it, black earth will not be on board

Why

Deck ? 2020
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:WILD SPECULATION HERE.

Its recently been announced that the early Arch Enemy lineup are re-uniting and will be performing select festivals this year under the name "Black Earth".

The current lineup of Arch Enemy play Mexico on January 30th, putting them nice and close to Florida.

Since there is already speculation that Kamelot will be on the lineup ----> Black Earth on broad, and Alysa joins Kamelot on broad.

apparently Armageddon are playing that show in Mexico as well, so you could very likely have Armageddon onbroad (I saw them about a year ago and it was fucking awesome!)
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:01 pm

biertroll wrote:I love Taacos!!

It would be nice as fuck to see Taake at like 3:00am on pool deck. Not like broad daylight at MDF. Black metal in daylight should be illegal.

Right!!!! the best BM shows are on the pool deck at like 2-3 AM
    Death Metal for me are like 4-5 pm as the sky turns grey
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:50 am

Metal Blade Records just posted news on Facebook about Amon Amarth's new album and tour but I found this to be the most interesting tidbit in their announcement.

"Johan Hegg will be spinning "First Kill" and his own playlist at two public appearances in New York City and Los Angeles: the NYC event will be held at St. Vitus Bar on Feb. 2nd at 9PM, while the LA event will be held at Grill 'Em All on Feb. 9th at 5PM"

Is it just me or is there a very convenient hole in his schedule during this time that he is going to be in the U.S.?

Holy fuck I would lose my fucking mind if Amon Amarth is onbroad!!!!

:viking:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Wow, I had to check the announced bands because I imagined that they were announced. Now, I'm disappointed. :|
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:19 pm

BATTLELORE are back from their 5 year hiatus and are performing at MFVF later this year.

How cool would it be if they were on 70k?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:00 pm

I wish.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    SoniaByNight
    Wiper

by SoniaByNight » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:Metal Blade Records just posted news on Facebook about Amon Amarth's new album and tour but I found this to be the most interesting tidbit in their announcement.

"Johan Hegg will be spinning "First Kill" and his own playlist at two public appearances in New York City and Los Angeles: the NYC event will be held at St. Vitus Bar on Feb. 2nd at 9PM, while the LA event will be held at Grill 'Em All on Feb. 9th at 5PM"

Is it just me or is there a very convenient hole in his schedule during this time that he is going to be in the U.S.?

Holy fuck I would lose my fucking mind if Amon Amarth is onbroad!!!!

:viking:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm flying out the next day from Laguardia so who knows... Maybe we'll be on the same flight.
    pipozoft
    Wiper

by pipozoft » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Raven confirmed! now who is the "Latin Industrial Metal" that's a sub genre I'm not familiar with, any clues?

BTW I would totally lose my mind if Amon Amarth is added too :viking:
    Find me on Twitter & Instagram @pipozoft \m/
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:10 pm

I really wish it was Pelican but Raven was a given. It doesn´t seem there is much room for novelty on 70k lineups.
    I have no idea who is the next band. The ? is now inbetween Katatonia and Krisium.

Edit: Koyi K Utho industrial metal band from Colombia...
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:26 pm

MissTool wrote:I really wish it was Pelican but Raven was a given. It doesn´t seem there is much room for novelty on 70k lineups.
    I have no idea who is the next band. The ? is now inbetween Katatonia and Krisium.

Edit: Koyi K Utho industrial metal band from Colombia...

Oh man, a perfect pizza band. Or probably a time to sleep band...
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Post Reply 520 posts