Post Reply 520 posts
70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by Azazel101 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:04 am

Overkill are doing a special Horroscope/Feel The Fire set else where
    would be nice to see that on the boat as well.
    they are due back? :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:32 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm really sad that NeO have fallen for the exposure myth and that otherwise smarter fans will be out there supporting cof and bb

I'm not clear what you mean by "exposure myth”. The only way bands grow is through exposure, regardless of whether people are exposed to the band through word of mouth, reviews or touring. That said, there’s both effective and ineffective means of exposure. If NeO believe opening for CoF and BB will make them a more sustainable act long-term, than I would agree they’ve miscalculated. However, exposure may not be the primary motivator for this tour. Perhaps they simply want a chance to get out there, on a proper tour, and play their music in front of larger crowds than they’ve played for before.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:00 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I'm really sad that NeO have fallen for the exposure myth and that otherwise smarter fans will be out there supporting cof and bb

I read your 2 posts related to NeO opening for CoF.
    I just went to their show on Tuesday night. Honestly, when I was buying ticket I did not even know who was a headliner, because I didn't care. I wanted to see NeO. Point.

I am old, seen all, been to milions shows and for years I just go for one band, usually opening band that cached my attention with their first album.
    I spoke with NeO boys and I really respect them and how they try to get exposure. They are fantastic, extremely talented and if they got invited by CoF or Six Feet O. or any crap band - so what? At every show they play they gain new fans, they are discovered by people who never heard of them before. Good for them.

I went, seen them play for 45min, bought merch & vinyl for total of $100 and would do it again and again.
    I really hope they can get on 70k but if not, they have a plan B and will play shows at small venues on east coast.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:19 pm

"At least it's exposure
    That's what they say
    But you can die of exposure
    In less than a day"

-Hillbilly Hellcats
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:44 pm

ABIGAIL WILLIAMS are touring the US with Fleshgod and Carach Angren immediately after the cruise so they would have to be a chance of getting added to the lineup.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Butcher Babies is touring with Cradle of Filth before and after the cruise. I'd be surprised if they were not on the boat.

2/3—St. Petersburg, Fla. @ State Theater
    2/9—Memphis, Tenn. @ New Daisy Theater

Cradle of Filth Inquisitional Torture 2016 Tour Dates With Butcher Babies + Ne Obliviscaris:

BUTCHER BABIES - Monsters Ball (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
    https://youtu.be/HWLr2WVhIp8
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:29 pm

I saw Butcher Babies open for GWAR and honestly the only things they really offer are boobies and some very meh-tier music, it's very much the modern version of pop metal. I wouldn't have a bitch fit over them being on the boat, but they are completely missable to me.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:18 am

Talked to the Gloryhammer guys yesterday after they opened for Stratovarius.
    Sadly, they won't be onbroad next year :bitch: :cry:
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    dws515
    Oiler

by dws515 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:51 am

I hope that news about Gloryhammer is them just trolling us! Bands have been known to say they are not cruising, and then getting added.

Also, Tool just announced last night that they are touring the US starting in January. They also mentioned that they have a lot planned already. This is a quote from the Facebook message the wrote

YET, fans will have to keep checking back (SOON) on the Tool websites and Tool facebook page for an official announcement containing a list of the SHOW DATES, CITIES and VENUES, as well as for info about a tour support act(s)

Uhh..is the SOON a not-so-subtle hint to us veteran cruisers?
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:18 am

Firewind singer is from Mayan !
    Merel from Delain plays in Mayan !
    3 members of Epica plays in Mayan !
    I guess we can count on Mayan on board !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Good point about MaYan! I would be quite okay with that :)

And very sad news about Gloryhammer - really hope they are just trolling us!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:58 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Firewind singer is from Mayan !
    Merel from Delain plays in Mayan !
    3 members of Epica plays in Mayan !
    I guess we can count on Mayan on board !

Wow, that sounds pretty awful. :lol:

I would love Tool if they did a classic '90s set. Sadly, I think they're far too big to be added to the boat.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:48 pm

MaYan are pretty cool - trust me that they are NOTHING like any of the bands their members are from.

Although a little I guess - maybe a death metal Epica? But yeah not sure how to describe them - symphonic death metal maybe?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:01 am

Yeah pretty sure Gloryhammer is out. Someone mentioned the need to have Gloryhammer and Chris Bowes again in reply to a post from 70K a few days back. 70K's facebook replied back that Chris needs to start a another band so that he can be in constant rotation.

Evidence continues to point to the possibility that the "no-repeat" rule has been extended to 2 years. This would suck in some ways but it is good in others. Lets face it...this cruise isn't cheap. Not everyone can go every year, but every other year is probably more doable for some. If someone goes every other year it is meaning that they are going to always miss out on one set of 70K regulars, and will see the same set of 70K regulars every year that they do go. Extending the no-repeat rule to two years is a good way to change things up and keep the lineup more varied for everyone.

But if this is indeed the case it really really sucks in the here and now because it means that every band from 2014 can be ruled out....and I think that many of us have been holding out hope for some of these bands to be a part of the upcoming announcements :cry:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:29 am

Yeah I think you're right Hoppy.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only 2013 repeat on the 2015 lineup was Helstar, and I think they were just added because they were a last minute callup.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:16 am

Well, if you guys are right, that would kinda suck for me. I was very much hoping for Swashbuckle, since I've never had the chance to see them.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:02 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah I think you're right Hoppy.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only 2013 repeat on the 2015 lineup was Helstar, and I think they were just added because they were a last minute callup.

There was also Ensiferum and Rage as Refuge :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:26 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Yeah I think you're right Hoppy.

There was also Ensiferum and Rage as Refuge :lol:

Good point actually. Refuge can I guess be excluded as kind of a different band, but Ensiferum were a true 2013 repeat.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Mr. HCI wrote:Well, if you guys are right, that would kinda suck for me. I was very much hoping for Swashbuckle, since I've never had the chance to see them.

Yeah same with me, not to mention Finntroll (seem them before and they are awesome) and Haggard.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Mr. HCI wrote:Well, if you guys are right, that would kinda suck for me. I was very much hoping for Swashbuckle, since I've never had the chance to see them.

I understand the reasoning for cutting down repeats, but there's not a lot of pirate bands and I feel we should always have one along for the ride. They also mentioned months ago on FB that they would like to be on, so they're certainly into the idea.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:54 am

SaraMarie wrote:

I understand the reasoning for cutting down repeats, but there's not a lot of pirate bands and I feel we should always have one along for the ride. They also mentioned months ago on FB that they would like to be on, so they're certainly into the idea.

Let's get The Privateer instead. They haven't been on before, and they are massively superior to Swashbuckle :wank: :wank: :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:08 am

Pirate metal? There really is only one correct answer for this and it is Running Wild.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:22 am

Memnoch wrote:Pirate metal? There really is only one correct answer for this and it is Running Wild.

That's right. The true and only Rock'n'Rolf. Never seen Running Wild live. So I think it's time. :viking:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:56 am

Memnoch wrote:Pirate metal? There really is only one correct answer for this and it is Running Wild.

I would LOSE IT if Running Wild were added to the lineup.

Been a fan for over 25 years, and THOUGHT I would get my one chance to see them at Rockwave Greece in 2004, but they cancelled days before the festival :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:17 am

I forgot about Running Wild when posting. They would be very welcome since I only caught part of their set at Wacken due to overlap with Within Temptation.
    Metal Archives lists 42 active bands with 'pirates' as lyrical theme, since Alestorm is ruled out, we have 41 to chose from.
    http://www.metal-archives.com/search/ad ... ame=#bands
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:54 am

Speedy wrote:since Alestorm is ruled out, we have 41 to chose from.

No we don't. We have 1. RUNNING WILD! :P

Seriously though, I'd love the aussie boys Lagerstein to be on broad but I can't see that happening :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 am

Back in the 80's when I was still just a short-haired wookiee pup I listened to Running Wild a lot. Never seen them live, so they'd be a huge announcement for me.
    Wishlist:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 am

I'd love to have The Dread Crew of Oddwood on broad. Acoustic pirate metal is still pirate metal, and some of them are already booked on as passengers. Their live show is goddamn fun.

Also, their drummer (also Swashbuckle's drummer) is Rainbowdragoneyes. Late night chiptune party would be awesome. :bangers:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Thrashmania
    Crewman

by Thrashmania » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:34 pm

QFT
    70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Speedy wrote:Metal Archives lists 42 active bands with 'pirates' as lyrical theme, since Alestorm is ruled out, we have 41 to chose from.
    http://www.metal-archives.com/search/ad ... ame=#bands

Heh, talk about doing due diligence. :P
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Dunno if it was already posted, but for what it's worth two members of Overkill told me they won't be on.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:09 am

running wild would be awesome, ... :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :belly: :belly: :belly:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:47 am

Myrath just posted #bignews #soon... You know big as in 70000tons big, and they use the well known "soon".... Ok i know there is no link at all, but let me dream :D
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:35 am

Sidvarg wrote:Myrath just posted #bignews #soon... You know big as in 70000tons big, and they use the well known "soon".... Ok i know there is no link at all, but let me dream :D

That would be amazing!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:49 pm

They just announced a European tour with Symphony X starting February 12, which would make it very unlikely for both to be on the 70k
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Sidvarg wrote:Myrath just posted #bignews #soon... You know big as in 70000tons big, and they use the well known "soon".... Ok i know there is no link at all, but let me dream :D
    They were amazing at ProgPower. Great energy, tight musicianship.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Sidvarg wrote:They just announced a European tour with Symphony X starting February 12, which would make it very unlikely for both to be on the 70k

Umm, why is that? If anything, IMO that makes them more likely to be on 70k. And while I don't really like either of them, the second warm-up band on that tour, Melted Space, would be an awesome addition for 70k. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:12 pm

I just heard of these guys literally this week! I'd love to see them.
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:09 pm

dws515 wrote:
    Also, Tool just announced last night that they are touring the US starting in January. They also mentioned that they have a lot planned already. This is a quote from the Facebook message the wrote

YET, fans will have to keep checking back (SOON) on the Tool websites and Tool facebook page for an official announcement containing a list of the SHOW DATES, CITIES and VENUES, as well as for info about a tour support act(s)

Uhh..is the SOON a not-so-subtle hint to us veteran cruisers?

I don't know if they have finished announcing the dates yet, but as of now it looks like the tour ends on January 26th. So they could be on the boat. Primus is support. I would enjoy having either on board :D
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    Sidvarg wrote:They just announced a European tour with Symphony X starting February 12, which would make it very unlikely for both to be on the 70k

Umm, why is that? If anything, IMO that makes them more likely to be on 70k. And while I don't really like either of them, the second warm-up band on that tour, Melted Space, would be an awesome addition for 70k. :beerwink:

I hope you're right! Those are not only in my 70k wishlist but also my life wishlist. Being in Colombia there is little chance Myrath will ever come here... The closest was PowerShock fest 2014 in Chile in which i was going to play with my band and Myrath was going to play (also Powerwolf and Freedom Call) but got cancelled just one month before the actual date... Anyway i thought maybe 4 days wasn't enough to go back to Europe and prepare a tour.
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
  • Post Reply 520 posts