Post Reply 76 posts
The 70000 Tons of Metal 2016 anticipation thread!
    cowboy71
    Commander

The 70000 Tons of Metal 2016 anticipation thread!

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 pm

So what are your thoughts/hopes/dreams for 2016? (other than, being able to go) :P

Post them here!

Its pretty much confirmed that the 2016 cruise will be the first week of February, on the Independence of the Seas, still sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.

What will our destination be? I'd be happy if it was Jamaica again! Any other thoughts?

When will the first bands be announced?

Last year the first band announcement was made 15 March. That's NEXT MONTH! Hoping for the same this year.

Really hoping for some big power/symphonic bands in the first announcement. A band or two like Sonata Arctica and Gloryhammer, and a girlie band like Amaranthe, would definitely be enough to at least get me to book early.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

Re: The 70000 Tons of Metal 2016 anticipation thread!

by Tono_Fyr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Eh, of the two times I've been in the Caribbean, I find that I like larger destinations MUCH less than smaller ones. Everything's overpriced, locals are all trying to hustle you/bleed you for cash/etc. I'd rather stop on some tiny, middle of no where island that's still beautiful, way cheaper to get drunk while on, and with fewer tourists in general. For me, though, the journey is, like, the destination, man.

I like metal. So I'll probably be happy no matter what the line up is. :P I can look back at every year that this cruise has sailed and say "damn, I wish I'd gone" or, in the case of this year, "holy fucking shit that was awesome!"

I suppose my biggest hope/dream for 2016 is to still be alive when it comes to be that time of year! I'm easy to please, and I've decided I'm going on the cruise from now on, come hell or high water. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Its the same every year :P

In the lead up to the cruise its all:

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

When we get back its:

Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm

February works for me
    A new crew also works.
    Jamaica works seeing I never got off the ship.
    I Did hear a different port in Texas
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Azazel101 wrote:February works for me
    A new crew also works.
    Jamaica works seeing I never got off the ship.
    I Did hear a different port in Texas

NAH that's not the case - the LIBERTY is moving to Texas. We will be staying put in Fort Lauderdale :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:28 pm

I just want Sabaton to be on broad. Saw them the two times they came through and now that they're NOT coming back with Nightwish, I'm going into withdrawal.

Sabaton and better food. As of today I've changed my lifestyle to be inspired by Paleo, and eating as much pizza as I did last week would basically kill me. A better salad bar and proteins that weren't accompanied by carbs, have shitty gravy or get entirely dried out would be really nice.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:54 pm

I hope the first week of February is right because that means I can go!!! Last week of January is a problem for me next year however I probably would be in some arguments and manage to go anyway however this stop that!! :D
    Last edited by bernabeit on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:08 pm

All I want is a closer location (fuck the crazy wind) and a better balance of bands for everybody's sake.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Stupid stronger US Dollar to stop being so strong.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:04 pm

My dreams? Some bands from my wishlist would be nice. No wind would be nice too, the only time it wasn't a constant wind blast was Friday night. Food that isn't complete shit at the buffet.

Destination? I couldn't give two shits about Jamaica. I got off the boat, couldn't get any wifi anywhere, then got back on the boat. Aruba would be cool but it's too far away. Virgin Islands seems alright. I am going to guess that we go to the Dominican Republic.

First bands? I would like that announcement tomorrow.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:51 pm

I'd be happy if we went back to 40 bands so I could check out enough from most of the bands without sacrificing time for eating, drinking, and socializing. With 60, I tried to hard to see as much as I could from all the bands and I ended up disappointed. I'd be happy if we could leave from the port in Miami since I heard it's so much better than Ft. Laud, and also if we could have a good balance between barge bands and weenie (some of us like both!).
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Like I've said on numerous occasions, I need a couple of wish list bands. Or at least one of my top three bands to book.
    I'm going to travel someplace warm anyhow, so 70k is pretty much the only metal option.

I've given up on hoping for UMC to become a professionally run company. It's just never going to happen. So, might as well go with the flow. Not booking blindly just for the sake of getting a cheap spot. If the Awesomevångs decide to go, that'd be reason enough for me to go - even without Delain or Hail of Bullets of bands like that.

And I'm still waiting for those awesome veteran cruiser gifts. :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:12 am

Dimma wrote:Stupid stronger US Dollar to stop being so strong.

+1
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:21 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    What will our destination be? I'd be happy if it was Jamaica again! Any other thoughts?

I Would vote for a new destinations. If a repeated port, i would vote for Cayman (never been there) or Grand Turk (loved that place!)
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:35 am

My vote for next year's port goes to Labadee, Haiti.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:46 am

My only hope and dream for next year is AHAB, and that is all I have to say about that.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:53 am

Azazel101 wrote:A new crew also works.

All of this. The muppets on Liberty of the Seas are clueless.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 am

I'd be so happy if the cruise happened from Monday to Friday. This way we have a weekend right before and another one after the cruise. For those of us travelling from far away and having a very limited amount of holidays this REALLY makes a difference.

I was happy with the boat so Independence of the seas is fine as it seems to be a twin brother of Liberty. But please, can we avoid shows on the Sphynx unless we're talking about really small bands a.k.a. Cripper Award contenders? Don't make Triosphere, Threshold or Crucified Barbara play there again. Please. Oh, and remove more seats from the theater.

Bands-wise. I'd like a good combination of bands I consider musically excellent (Symphony X, Ghost Brigade, Insomnium, Omnium Gatherum, Scar Symmetry, Children of Bodom, PROG METAL...) with others that besides being good can also make a huge party like Alestorm did this time (Sabaton, Dragonforce, Gloryhammer...)

These combined would probably make the perfect cruise for me :)
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:26 am

They could easily eliminate a lot of Sphinx shows by getting rid of the hockey and just putting bands in there. Then they could have earlier Karaoke in the Sphinx or something instead.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:40 am

There has to be a better place to put karaoke. I went in twice but didn't stick around (at all) either time. It was poorly set up, overcrowded and acoustically not very good.

I didn't get to look around there much, but maybe the Catacombs? The rest of the venues are a little too open for karaoke.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 am

Phoenix wrote:There has to be a better place to put karaoke. I went in twice but didn't stick around (at all) either time. It was poorly set up, overcrowded and acoustically not very good.

I didn't get to look around there much, but maybe the Catacombs? The rest of the venues are a little too open for karaoke.

I went to the catacombs once. I was the only living soul there, no music, no nothing.

If that's the case, we could have karaoke there.

Other nice place for karaoke is the On Air club. It looks like a place meant to be a karaoke bar. The exit to the studio B would be overcrowded, though.

Also, they could try to put a small stage and sound equipment at the viking crown, why not?
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:24 am

As I said somewhere else, I think the catacombs would be a great place for a metal disco. Or even a regular pub. But it NEEDS music. A DJ would be just perfect.

Mr.Kito wrote:Other nice place for karaoke is the On Air club. It looks like a place meant to be a karaoke bar. The exit to the studio B would be overcrowded, though.

Indeed. I also thought that's a great place, except that if the karaoke overlaps with concerts the way in and out of the venue would be chaotic.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:Also, they could try to put a small stage and sound equipment at the viking crown, why not?

The Viking crown already had a piano and stage set up!

I had not thought of this until you said it, it's big enough too. Throw two or three bartenders in there and a beer cart just right before you walk up the stairs and you're good.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:28 pm

biertroll wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:Also, they could try to put a small stage and sound equipment at the viking crown, why not?

The Viking crown already had a piano and stage set up!

I had not thought of this until you said it, it's big enough too. Throw two or three bartenders in there and a beer cart just right before you walk up the stairs and you're good.

They always put big publicity over the Viking Crown. (i would, too, its a beautiful place, with and awesome name). But every year i visit it once or twice and it's always empty with 5...10 people at most just talking.

At the Majesty you could take a look at the pool deck stage, but it didn't mean much.
    This year they put some meet n greets there.

But I still think that such a nice place is being underused for the festival.
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:35 pm

^ Agreed.

VCL on Liberty you could kind of hear whomever was playing pool deck too, where on Majesty you couldn't.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:24 am

Speedy wrote:My vote for next year's port goes to Labadee, Haiti.

+1

If not, I'd like to return to Grand Turk. I've been there three times (on other cruises) and it's one of my favorite ports. Low pressure salespeople compared to dumps like Jamaica and Nassau, really nice beach and Margaritaville pool.....just as long as we're the only ship in port that day.
    The interesting thing about GT is that it is basically Carnival PLC's port; they financed most of the pier development and to have a Royal ship dock there, as Majesty did for 70K, is highly unusual.

If it ends up being Dominican Republic, that'd be cool. Haven't been there yet.

We can probably rule out CocoCay because of the size of the ship and the tedious tendering process. A pity, since the snorkeling there is awesome!

I think USVI might be a bit too far to make on a 4-night itinerary, otherwise I'd include it.

Grand Cayman is a tender port and it would take hours for everyone to get ashore...but it's probably a no-go due to distance. Did anyone else notice that we did NOT return to Florida from Jamaica via the promised western route, but retraced our route along the east side of Cuba instead?
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:18 am

Call me crazy, but with 60 bands, I hope they expand it to 6 nights. 6 am is wayyyyy too late (or early?) for shows to end. 6 nights and 2 stops, including Labadee! At this point, I don't even mind paying a couple hundred bucks more. This cruise is already ruining us anyway! Haha!
    I also hope they move the karaoke elsewhere. Maybe the Catacombs? I didn't got this year because I hated the set up at the Sphinx and the sound was shitty. And because of that, I seemed to have missed on one epic night that last night! Haha!
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Deck ? 2020
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Sucks next year is a thursday-monday thing again. that time frame blows.

I hope that age old rumour of what they play over the PA is what they will try to book cuz I was hearing an awful lot of Lost Horizon and Arjen Lucassen stuff. Both are long shots but either would rule so hard!

I'm booking either way cuz 70k is like heroine. Tried it once and now I need my constant fix.

:viking:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:44 pm

AmelieM wrote:Call me crazy, but with 60 bands, I hope they expand it to 6 nights. 6 am is wayyyyy too late (or early?) for shows to end. 6 nights and 2 stops, including Labadee! At this point, I don't even mind paying a couple hundred bucks more. This cruise is already ruining us anyway! Haha!
    I also hope they move the karaoke elsewhere. Maybe the Catacombs? I didn't got this year because I hated the set up at the Sphinx and the sound was shitty. And because of that, I seemed to have missed on one epic night that last night! Haha!

You're crazy ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:15 pm

I just would anticipate one of two possible outcomes. One ,a return to the line ups of 2011/12 and only after seeing the bands would I book.Seeing so much more honest comments on FB and here should get Andy's attention. Worst of the 6 cruises from people who can compare them totally affirms my decision to skip this year.2014 was the tipping point for me ,and even Therion could not get me on this year ,and getting 2 Nightwish shows the next couple of months will mean they won't get me on this year.Possibly #2 is a repeat and worsened customer service by UMC ,he got his repeat fish hooked and now this is not a Great Metal Music cruise but just a yearly cruise /happening with music.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:06 am

mfrap wrote:I'm booking either way cuz 70k is like heroine. Tried it once and now I need my constant fix.

I know that feeling...
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:53 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    mfrap wrote:I'm booking either way cuz 70k is like heroine. Tried it once and now I need my constant fix.

I know that feeling...

yup.. only thing is.. i don't think i'l be able to go.. i really want, just don't know if i'll make it :cry:
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:41 am

The main website now lists a countdown clock to next year. Does that mean we are getting closer to announcement? No. probably not. But one can dream.

Also, what's the deal for next year? I did 2 rounds on the Majesty but had to skip 2015 on the Liberty. I am seeing bits and pieces about new boats.. new cruise line.. new port.. early February... Thursday-Monday... anyone have concrete info? I am just curious and want to start dreading the next year of silence. :)
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:09 am

SpaceSlug wrote:The main website now lists a countdown clock to next year. Does that mean we are getting closer to announcement? No. probably not. But one can dream.

Also, what's the deal for next year? I did 2 rounds on the Majesty but had to skip 2015 on the Liberty. I am seeing bits and pieces about new boats.. new cruise line.. new port.. early February... Thursday-Monday... anyone have concrete info? I am just curious and want to start dreading the next year of silence. :)

Based on the countdown, we will depart 4th Feb and get back 8th, Thu-Mon like this year.
    Ship will be Independence of the Seas, which is identical to Liberty.
    Port will once again be Fort Lauderdale.
    Announcements will commence SOON™.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:18 am

Well as long as the announcements are coming SOON that is all I care about. So yeah, I will see you in February where we have about 12 bands announced, missing soda cups, and a pool deck floating away in the Atlantic.

Sounds like it was a rough year but oh well.. we rant and yell but come February we are all good to go.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:37 am

I kinda hope it's another year like 2013 where there's really only 1 band that made me wish was there... I kinda need a chance to build up my finances better and use all my vacation time for something different... BUT a good lineup on 70k is hard to resist, so we'll just wait and see...

IF I'm onbroad again I hope for Grand Turk, though Labadee would be cool too... otherwise, no care
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

I know that feeling...

yup.. only thing is.. i don't think i'l be able to go.. i really want, just don't know if i'll make it :cry:

Wut? I just said in another post that we must have a beer together next year. You better move your ass to Ft. Lauderdale in 364 days.
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:39 am

bodomdragon wrote:Wut? I just said in another post that we must have a beer together next year. You better move your ass to Ft. Lauderdale in 364 days.

I knoooow :cry: :cry:

I'll try my best.. the thing is: i need a new job if i want to be there.

Money ain't the (only) problem, my current employer don't want to give me vacations during the time of the cruise in 2016 :cry:
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Don't care What bands as long as there is balance and selection to keep everyone happy. A few more extreme bands would be cool.
Post Reply 76 posts